Official Trade Rumors Thread

Kiyaman

Legend
The Cavs may have 2 roster spots open to sign a walking FA after tonight ..
George Hill n Hood took Jazz to playoff last year .. Clarkson n Nance are upcoming star role-players .. what else does the Cavs have up their sleeve ???

mafra

Legend
Mudiay a Knick after all.... I?ll miss Mcbuckets.... I was impressed with his overall game (better than I thought) but was disappointed with his 3-point shooting (nowhere near as automatic as our boy Novak).

At least NY did something.... it was imperative to snag a young asset or draft pick. And, at least we didn?t trade away a first!

Broadway

All Star
Mudiay a Knick after all.... I?ll miss Mcbuckets.... I was impressed with his overall game (better than I thought) but was disappointed with his 3-point shooting (nowhere near as automatic as our boy Novak).

At least NY did something.... it was imperative to snag a young asset or draft pick. And, at least we didn?t trade away a first!

He needs to keep improving his shot(can shoot the 3-ball better than what people think) and watch his turnovers. Outside of this he's the best POINT GUARD we have and he's #kporzee's draft bretheren

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think I'm going to cry...

What?s wrong Broadway??? This is what you wanted. ISO-Melo gone that you hated, check. Trading assets for picks, check. Knicks gonna stink and be unwatchable for the foreseeable future, check. This is what another rebuild and return to NBA irrevance looks like. So why the 😭???

tiger0330

Legend
I think I'm going to cry...

Mudiay is still young and better than Nits. I think Perry has his doubts about Nits or at least how long the Knicks have to wait for him to develop. Funny, I just asked htr10 if Nits upside is Mudiay's would he consider him a bust in another thread. Props to Perry for doing something at the deadline that might pan out if Mudiay blossoms.

Props to the Cavs GM Altman for remaking that team at the deadline. I think they got better, the Cavs were not stopping anyone with IT and DRose. They now have some size at PG and a good defender in Hill, Hood will be a plus as a 3 pt shooter.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yup kinda ironic actually but hopefully Mudiay helps at the PG spot lord knows we need it

The PG spot is not the Knicks problem from winning games .. The Knicks lose game from having Punk big men on the court who don't like getting physical like the 36 minute KP and the 31 minute Kanter.
Kanter was never a closer on the OKC Thunder (Adam n Ibaka were starters/Closers for OKC).
And TIRED KP has been living in the NBA off of Dolan New York HYPE and a few highlights KP has never prove or perform to have talent be a starter in the NBA.
I hated watching the Knicks every time they had KP at the center position because it meant another LOSING Knicks game.

Broadway

All Star
Mudiay is still young and better than Nits. I think Perry has his doubts about Nits or at least how long the Knicks have to wait for him to develop. Funny, I just asked htr10 if Nits upside is Mudiay's would he consider him a bust in another thread. Props to Perry for doing something at the deadline that might pan out if Mudiay blossoms.

Props to the Cavs GM Altman for remaking that team at the deadline. I think they got better, the Cavs were not stopping anyone with IT and DRose. They now have some size at PG and a good defender in Hill, Hood will be a plus as a 3 pt shooter.

We just need Hornacek to get the hell out of the way and let our kids cook

mafra

Legend
Great trade for NY.... we get the ?best player? in the deal... and he?s under team control for an extra season (over DM).

Now, with Knits, Burke, Mudiay, Dotson, and Timmy we have 5 young athletic guards... we have some shooting ability and defensive skills, blended with some penetrators.

The hope is we found our future PG between Knits, Mudiay and Burke. Hopefully, one is the future and another a solid 6th man type and maybe even another combo guard.

We can keep Lee yo be the sage vet and help groom this crop.

At the very least, all the eggs ain?t in 1 basket. Chances are Doug was a goner after season as a RFA. Now we get a season and change to evaluate both Burke and Mudiay.

As for CLE.... I think their GM did a fantastic job. Even if Lebron leaves, now they have Hood, Nance and Clarkson to go with the BKLYN first.

mafra

Legend
Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN
The Knicks could have acquired Elfrid Payton, a Scott Perry favorite, but they would not include Frank Ntilikina in the deal with Orlando. Instead, they went after Mudiay.

mafra

Legend
The Post reported this week that Knicks GM Scott Perry inquired about the Magic?s Elfrid Payton, who is in a similar mold to 6-foot-5 Mudiay. Payton was traded Thursday to the Suns for a second-round pick.

?The Knicks feel Mudiay is similar to Elfrid but has better talent potential,? said one NBA executive who has spoken to the club?s brass.

The Knicks now have three lottery-pick point guards to build around in rookie Frank Ntilikina, Mudiay and Trey Burke (2013), and that doesn?t include veteran Jarrett Jack. Yeah, it?s a logjam.

The Knicks also inquired about Frenchman Guerschon Yabusele, a 6-foot-9, uber-athletic power forward/center. He was the Celtics? first-round stash pick in 2016 at No. 16 and played last season in China. He?s not in the Celtics? rotation this season, appearing in 22 games, but his name bears watching on June?s draft night as Knicks brass want to get more athletic.

There are reports of there being a robust buyout market after the deadline, and the Knicks have an open roster spot after moving Willy Hernangomez for two second-round picks. Perry said they planned to waive Charlotte?s Johnny O?Bryant. The Knicks could also use the open roster spot to sign a Westchester Knicks player such as Nigel Hayes.

The biggest surprise at the deadline is they didn?t ship Kyle O?Quinn for a second-round pick. The Knicks were leery of moving him for just a second-rounder before the Porzingis injury while they were still on the fringes of a playoff race, but that thinking is over after Porzingis? injury.

tiger0330

Legend
Great trade for NY.... we get the “best player” in the deal... and he’s under team control for an extra season (over DM).

Now, with Knits, Burke, Mudiay, Dotson, and Timmy we have 5 young athletic guards... we have some shooting ability and defensive skills, blended with some penetrators.

The hope is we found our future PG between Knits, Mudiay and Burke. Hopefully, one is the future and another a solid 6th man type and maybe even another combo guard.

We can keep Lee yo be the sage vet and help groom this crop.

At the very least, all the eggs ain’t in 1 basket. Chances are Doug was a goner after season as a RFA. Now we get a season and change to evaluate both Burke and Mudiay.

As for CLE.... I think their GM did a fantastic job. Even if Lebron leaves, now they have Hood, Nance and Clarkson to go with the BKLYN first.
Forgot about Nance, he should help that non-existent Cavs D with rim protection and shot blocking.

Great, just great. We just traded for that guy who I talked all that **** about 2 years ago and called garbage. I guess this will prove whether or not I am a homer. If I suddenly love Mudiay, then yes, I must be a homer, because I absolutely hated his game up until now.