LOL Potential Jurors Killin' Thomas

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
I thought this was funny, found it in the Daily news.
Fans are letting Thomas have it

At times during the day, Thomas must have felt like he was listening to a sports talk show. Longtime Knicks fans in the jury pool offered their take on the team's recent failings.

"Can I speak freely?" maintenance man Tommy Vazquez, 37, asked Judge Gerard Lynch, with Thomas two seats away. "In my opinion, he evaluates talent well but he hasn't done well as the GM [general manager] of the Knicks."

Thomas dropped his head to the table in mock disappointment when computer engineer Robert Becker, 28, told Lynch he "used to be a fan of the Knicks."

"I gave up on the Knicks after they signed Latrell Sprewell," Becker said, prompting the sports-savvy Lynch to remind him that Thomas had nothing to do with the trade that brought the troubled star to the Garden after he had choked his coach at practice.

Jurors might also hear about the married Marbury's alleged sex romp with a female Knicks employee outside a Manhattan strip club - a claim Browne-Sanders made in pretrial papers.

Receptionist Irene Ray, 58, of the Bronx, said that while she hadn't heard about the case, she knew about Marbury's efforts to market a low-priced basketball sneaker.

"I know Marbury's got that $15 sneaker out," Ray told Lynch. "I think that is great."

Others said they might have a hard time complying with Lynch's request that they ignore the sports pages, at least until the trial is over.

"I'm a Yankee fan," said Dr. Philip Lief, 67, a vice chairman of the department of medicine at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx. "I would do what I had to do."

"It would be hard for me," admitted Lynch, who said his introduction to newspapers came from reading the sports pages of the Daily News his father brought home. "I started in the back."

Entire Article here: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...jury_selection_begins_in_isiah_thomas_ha.html

Trin_Starr

Starter
Its a circus already. Why dosen't Zeke or the Knicks just through her a couple hundred grand and just end the gold diggers search? I'm sure that we don't need the added distraction going into the season.

Starks

Starter
This reminds of that scene from Seinfeld when George's parents were in court with George Steinberner about the supposed murder of their son.

Out of nowhere in the middle of the trial George's dad yells across the court room to Steinberener;

"Why did hell did you trade for Jay Buhner! He's a bum!!"

LOL

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Its a circus already. Why dosen't Zeke or the Knicks just through her a couple hundred grand and just end the gold diggers search? I'm sure that we don't need the added distraction going into the season.

Exactly. Just give the b***h her money. That's what she wants anyway. Unfortunately, I think she is asking for $9 million. The Knicks don't need these kind of distractions just before the season starts, and you know David Stern deosn't want this to go to trial after the ref scandal.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You know what's funny about this, I can actually visualize Thomas talking dirty to that girl. When I read the line that Thomas allegedly said, " I can't get any love today?" I laughed my ass off. I can just see him saying that. And all of the kissing n shit. Thomas and Magic use to kiss each other all the time. Zek is a freak! But at the same time I think Browne is money hungry. Then need to get this over with so Zek can focus on getting us to the play offs.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
This is sad, another story like the Kobe Co. Case, just they said he raped that girl, Isiah is charged with sexual harassment, hmm another made up story for money? I remember The Kobe case they were talking about that for 2 months, after that girl got her money everyone forgot about that, which that rape thing that Kobe was accused for probably didn't happen anyway cause Kobe would have known the consequences.

GetRealistic

Starter
This is sad, another story like the Kobe Co. Case, just they said he raped that girl, Isiah is charged with sexual harassment, hmm another made up story for money? I remember The Kobe case they were talking about that for 2 months, after that girl got her money everyone forgot about that, which that rape thing that Kobe was accused for probably didn't happen anyway cause Kobe would have known the consequences.

Just because the girl in the Kobe case didn't have the money to beat Bryants team of lawyers doesn't mean Kobe is innocent. The girl settled out of court Bryant was never found innocent. And the woman accusing Isiah of harassment is an Ivy League graduate who had a high ranking position with the Knicks. Just a guess she's making atleast 65,000 a year. If i had to put a wager on it, Isiah is guilty. Just the fact the whole organization is trying so hard to settle makes it pretty obvious.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Just because the girl in the Kobe case didn't have the money to beat Bryants team of lawyers doesn't mean Kobe is innocent. The girl settled out of court Bryant was never found innocent. And the woman accusing Isiah of harassment is an Ivy League graduate who had a high ranking position with the Knicks. Just a guess she's making atleast 65,000 a year. If i had to put a wager on it, Isiah is guilty. Just the fact the whole organization is trying so hard to settle makes it pretty obvious.

65,000 is not a lot of money, trust me she was making big money, some of you should read the paper once in a while. She started the job at $170,000 and got 4 annual bonuses to make her annual salary close to $600,000 per year. Big Money

From the NY Times
The Garden made Browne Sanders out to be a tax cheat and a woefully incompetent administrator, even as the Knicks gave her raises to get her close to an annual salary of $600,000, four years after a starting salary of $170,000. They also rewarded her with nearly $220,000 in bonuses from 2002-05.

This is a big time case because
1 - The Knicks are a prime time basketball team with big expectations this season compared to the past few, if they succeed they will be praised and if they fail to make the payoffs this year we will see MAJOR changes from the court to the front office.
2 - The Knicks are a prime time basketball team in the biggest most media hungry cities in the world.
3 - Mrs. Sanders made lots of money, and is requesting lots of money, while she's at it, she's calling Thomas a scumbag, bad boss, pervert. She claims to have told Thomas they need to work together because no where else is there such an organization with Two African American presidents

But let me ask you all a question, have you ever played basketball with a female co-worker and made a few jokes? I've even made the Love & Basketball Joke once before and she's using it as part of sexual harrassment. She's hungry for money and the Knicks should NOT settle, that's just bull. As for the Kobe girl, come on how badly was she scarred emotionally and hurt physically if she went out and had sex in less than a few hours with the same under wear.
Athletes usually settle and big corporations usually settle these things but when the Knicks tried to settle for a small amount ($3 million) she said no she wanted $10. Bring this thing to court let them fight it out and may the best man win. I tell you the Knicks will NOT be paying $10 million, that's why they are paying thier attorney BIG MONEY.

In the end I don't know who to believe but so far I'm leaning closer to defend Thomas...
A woman like Ms. Sanders a big powerful woman with an Ivy League education making almost $600,000 per year should definitley be capable of defending herself. And I doubt had Thomas said and done these things he would have gotten chewed up verbally by this woman. As a woman with such a prestigous background in education, sports and career why would she stay with the Knicks and not go take a job elsewhere?

Last edited:
You never know

You never know in sexual harrassment cases who is telling the truth unless they were witnesses usually. Alot of it is he said she said. I'm not sure in this case what's the f***ing deal. I could easily see Zeke saying shit like that but I can also see a woman interpreting a man being freindly as oh he wants me. I work with chicks that would interpret "good morning you look good today" in two total different ways. Who knows? I personally just want this shit to hurry up and go through the motions. Don't disturb my knicks season. If Zeke is guilty he get's punish. If she 's lying she goes to jail. We'll see.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
You never know in sexual harrassment cases who is telling the truth unless they were witnesses usually. Alot of it is he said she said. I'm not sure in this case what's the f***ing deal. I could easily see Zeke saying shit like that but I can also see a woman interpreting a man being freindly as oh he wants me. I work with chicks that would interpret "good morning you look good today" in two total different ways. Who knows? I personally just want this shit to hurry up and go through the motions. Don't disturb my knicks season. If Zeke is guilty he get's punish. If she 's lying she goes to jail. We'll see.

I doubt she'd go to jail, she's going to get something small and the case will be thrown away.
Lets see what happens today when Steph takes the stand.
SHould be interesting, maybe he'll start dancing

donchris

I read one of the jury was sleeping during the hearing. Ether Thomas is the dumbest man on earth or Sanders is really working had to discredit him. The racial stuff will hurt Thomas badly. I can't tell if it was truth or exceptionally calculated. I honestly want to believe the latter but I don't know. Zek never struck me as an idiot. Here's a message to any black man striving for power in a large market. "You don't talk badly about white people as a leader in the world's largest market." If that action is true, and I hope it isn't, that is career suicide. We should make a poll to see how many thing Thomas is innocent or guilty.

Starks

Starter
Steph taking the stand?????????????????????????

Is Sammy Sosa's translator available?

This is gona be interesting!

As for Thomas, I don't think for a second that he didn't say those comments. Basketball's worst kept secret is his disdain for white people. Look further on the Van Horn trade, my friend who's cousin knew Isiaha many years ago and told me months in advance that Thomas would get rid of him because he simply doesn't feel comfortable with white ball players.

Thomas is a real dude though. No corporate coating for him at all besides the suit. I'm not hating on him, I think we all flirted with our female co-workers, so I;m not mad at him. He doesn;t seem to like wasting his time with corporate culture- he just wants to make craft a team w/o anyone's input but his.

He must have been horny though, cause that Saunders lady looks like the boar from the Lion King mixed with any WNBA player

HEY YOU GUYS I FOUND THIS ON THE INTERNET TODAY ABOUT THE CASE
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS HAD IT ON THEIR SITE.

Y'ALL GOTTA CHECK THIS OUT!!

Nervous Knicks star Stephon Marbury took the stand today in the explosive $10 million sex-harassment suit that's rocking the Garden and admitted he lured one of the female accuser's subordinates into his car.

Marbury did not say explicitly they had sex as they sat parked outside a Manhattan strip joint, as fired Knick exec Anucha Browne Sanders has claimed.

"We got together right across the street," Marbury testified in Manhattan Federal court.

The point guard made the admission after Browne Sanders, who claims Knicks coach Isiah Thomas fired her in January 2006 for daring to hire a lawyer, broke down on the stand for the first time in the bruising trial.

Browne Sanders grew weepy as she described how the intern, a St. Johns University student, was subjected to a filthy come-on by Marbury's cousin, Hassan Gonsalves. Browne Sanders said the intern told her she later wound up in Marbury's car and the two had sex.

"Anucha, if it was anyone else I would have walked away," the intern said, according to Browne Sanders. "I felt like I had to."

Wiping away tears, Browne Sanders added, "She basically did whatever he asked her to do. She considered it to be consensual because she agreed to get in the car."

Dressed in a cream-colored plaid jacket with a red hankie sticking out of his breast pocket, Marbury fidgeted and avoided looking at Browne Sanders as he sat hunched over the microphone.

Marbury said he did not know that the intern, who was at the strip club celebrating her birthday with friends, was drunk during their encounter in April 2005. He was prevented from getting into the salacious details by the judge.

Marbury admitted calling Browne Sanders a "bitch" after she refused to give him more game tickets for his friends and family.

"She told me that this is not Phoenix or New Jersey, we're not doing things like that here," Marbury said, referring to the places where previously played professional basketball.

Afterward, as Marbury raced to a blue Rolls-Royce trailed by reporters, he called the trial a "tough situation" and refused to speculate on the possible outcome. "It's not for me to judge," he said.

Marbury tried to change the subject by making fun of the reporters' ties and shoes, noting that he was wearing expensive tan lace-ups, then drowning out the pesky questions by breaking into song.

"I got some new Starburys that are coming out," Marbury said before disappearing, a pitch for his reasonably-priced basketball shoes.

Earlier, Browne Sanders, a 44-year-old former Northwestern University basketball star who is the Knicks' former marketing vice-president, described how Gonsalves allegedly harassed Decker in Nov. 2005.

"You look good in those pants," Gonsalves allegedly said, according to Sanders. "I bet that p---y looks good too."

Browne Sanders said that the intern told her about the sleazy incident and later admitted, "I didn't tell you everything." Then she related the story of her encounter with Marbury.

The intern said Marbury and Gonsalves were also at the strip club where she was celebrating her birthday and that - over the objections of her friends - she accepted a ride back to St. Johns from Gonsalves.

The intern, according to Browne Sanders, said that when she climbed out of Gonsalves' vehicle Marbury pulled up in his and said, "Are you getting in, or not?"

Browne Sanders said she told Garden President Steve Mills about the encounter between Marbury and the intern and complained that she heard from others that Marbury had called her a "black bitch."

"I want you to make it stop," Browne Sanders said she told Mills.

Mills, Browne Sanders testified, warned her that if she didn't stay quiet Thomas would start rumors she was having an affair with MSG executive Jeff Nix.

"Steve, is that a threat?" Browne Sanders, a married mother of three, claims she told Mills. "Do I need to find a lawyer?"

In earlier testimony, Browne Sanders said Thomas, a two time NBA champ and Hall of Famer, was a foul-mouthed bully who hampered her efforts to get players to turn out for corporate events. She said that when she complained about Thomas's tirades to Mills, he told her to "accommodate him."

Browne Sanders also testified that Thomas made her feel uncomfortable by telling her "I'm in love with you" after beating her in a game of horse. Garden lawyer Ronald Green told jurors Browne Sanders lied about sex harrassment.

MAN, MAN, MAN -JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO COME UP FOR AIR!!!

Starks

Starter
HEY YOU GUYS I FOUND THIS ON THE INTERNET TODAY ABOUT THE CASE
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS HAD IT ON THEIR SITE.

Y'ALL GOTTA CHECK THIS OUT!!

Nervous Knicks star Stephon Marbury took the stand today in the explosive $10 million sex-harassment suit that's rocking the Garden and admitted he lured one of the female accuser's subordinates into his car.

Marbury did not say explicitly they had sex as they sat parked outside a Manhattan strip joint, as fired Knick exec Anucha Browne Sanders has claimed.

"We got together right across the street," Marbury testified in Manhattan Federal court.

The point guard made the admission after Browne Sanders, who claims Knicks coach Isiah Thomas fired her in January 2006 for daring to hire a lawyer, broke down on the stand for the first time in the bruising trial.

Browne Sanders grew weepy as she described how the intern, a St. Johns University student, was subjected to a filthy come-on by Marbury's cousin, Hassan Gonsalves. Browne Sanders said the intern told her she later wound up in Marbury's car and the two had sex.

"Anucha, if it was anyone else I would have walked away," the intern said, according to Browne Sanders. "I felt like I had to."

Wiping away tears, Browne Sanders added, "She basically did whatever he asked her to do. She considered it to be consensual because she agreed to get in the car."

Dressed in a cream-colored plaid jacket with a red hankie sticking out of his breast pocket, Marbury fidgeted and avoided looking at Browne Sanders as he sat hunched over the microphone.

Marbury said he did not know that the intern, who was at the strip club celebrating her birthday with friends, was drunk during their encounter in April 2005. He was prevented from getting into the salacious details by the judge.

Marbury admitted calling Browne Sanders a "bitch" after she refused to give him more game tickets for his friends and family.

"She told me that this is not Phoenix or New Jersey, we're not doing things like that here," Marbury said, referring to the places where previously played professional basketball.

Afterward, as Marbury raced to a blue Rolls-Royce trailed by reporters, he called the trial a "tough situation" and refused to speculate on the possible outcome. "It's not for me to judge," he said.

Marbury tried to change the subject by making fun of the reporters' ties and shoes, noting that he was wearing expensive tan lace-ups, then drowning out the pesky questions by breaking into song.

"I got some new Starburys that are coming out," Marbury said before disappearing, a pitch for his reasonably-priced basketball shoes.

Earlier, Browne Sanders, a 44-year-old former Northwestern University basketball star who is the Knicks' former marketing vice-president, described how Gonsalves allegedly harassed Decker in Nov. 2005.

"You look good in those pants," Gonsalves allegedly said, according to Sanders. "I bet that p---y looks good too."

Browne Sanders said that the intern told her about the sleazy incident and later admitted, "I didn't tell you everything." Then she related the story of her encounter with Marbury.

The intern said Marbury and Gonsalves were also at the strip club where she was celebrating her birthday and that - over the objections of her friends - she accepted a ride back to St. Johns from Gonsalves.

The intern, according to Browne Sanders, said that when she climbed out of Gonsalves' vehicle Marbury pulled up in his and said, "Are you getting in, or not?"

Browne Sanders said she told Garden President Steve Mills about the encounter between Marbury and the intern and complained that she heard from others that Marbury had called her a "black bitch."

"I want you to make it stop," Browne Sanders said she told Mills.

Mills, Browne Sanders testified, warned her that if she didn't stay quiet Thomas would start rumors she was having an affair with MSG executive Jeff Nix.

"Steve, is that a threat?" Browne Sanders, a married mother of three, claims she told Mills. "Do I need to find a lawyer?"

In earlier testimony, Browne Sanders said Thomas, a two time NBA champ and Hall of Famer, was a foul-mouthed bully who hampered her efforts to get players to turn out for corporate events. She said that when she complained about Thomas's tirades to Mills, he told her to "accommodate him."

Browne Sanders also testified that Thomas made her feel uncomfortable by telling her "I'm in love with you" after beating her in a game of horse. Garden lawyer Ronald Green told jurors Browne Sanders lied about sex harrassment.

MAN, MAN, MAN -JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO COME UP FOR AIR!!!

i wont say anything until i see a source. Being a guy, I don't doubt this story since it sounds legitimate in this day and age.

I just want to see if he really used the courtroom as ad space for his crappy sneakers. If that's true.. Let's waive this idiot's contract.

On a personal note, I have a sister, and stories like this make me want to kill people that use their "power" for sex.

Starks

Starter
nevermind I found it:

"Then he left the courthouse, smiling and singing a song out loud. When pressed to divulge more about his relationship with the intern, he instead commented cheerfully on a reporter's shoes.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press"

That's it. I had a enough of this friggin moron. FIRE HIM! He's an embarrasment to the city of New York, Brooklyn in particular.

donchris

I don't buy Thomas as a racist. Van Horn was a bum, plain and simple. If this were true why does Thomas speak so highly of David Lee? Sanders is trying to discredit the whole organization. All the crying and shit sounds real phony. I don't even see how the court allowed her to testify on the behalf of the girl that slept with Marbury. Was Browne Sanders in the back seat? It's all hearsay.

paris401

Starter
I don't buy Thomas as a racist. Van Horn was a bum, plain and simple. If this were true why does Thomas speak so highly of David Lee? Sanders is trying to discredit the whole organization. All the crying and shit sounds real phony. I don't even see how the court allowed her to testify on the behalf of the girl that slept with Marbury. Was Browne Sanders in the back seat? It's all hearsay.

i think he made the 'whities' comments. as to van horn, i agree he was a bum... as to lee, i think if he was not such a fan favorite, this white boy would be long goneeee...

I Feel As Though The Motivation For Brown-sanders Is Most Importrantly To Depict Steph In A Poor Light. They Both Have Said They Originally Got Off On The Wrong Foot.