Stop kidding yourselves...

I cant hear anymore lets not give this guy or that guy for Carmelo, a stud. This game was the perfect example of why. Seriously, stop it guys.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
We need a lot more defense and a stronger bench. I did think about Carmelo during the game, but we're still growing. It's December. Let's see what we got the next few weeks.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
We need a lot more defense and a stronger bench. I did think about Carmelo during the game, but we're still growing. It's December. Let's see what we got the next few weeks.

This team has good defensive players, but D'Antoni won't let the guys play to their full potential on the other end.

All he's concerned with is getting steals and chucking up shots. Kind of like the Warriors.

That's why the Knicks allow over 107 points on 47% shooting and 38% shooting from 3.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Trade rumors are hot topics, but I just respond with my views on the many threads on rumors and Melo. It is a little annoying but it is Knicks related, can't help to think how much better the Knicks can be, we want more.

We have a good team but it will be hard to match up with teams like the Spurs, Lakers, Magics and some others. It only human to want more.

la2ny

Starter
yes we really dont have that bad a defensive team.the problem is the philosophy and gameplan,like seriously doubling off cutters and this game off Lebron,bosh,wade,and all the shooters? i'd rather man up all game and get killed than give up open layups and 3's

petescud

Starter
THe Heat looked a lot more intimidating to the younger guys. I don't think they ever saw Defense of that caliber, and they just threw in the towel. Poor Amar'e is triple teamed by the best in the NBA, and Dantoni doesn't set up plays to counter for easy dunks./..come on, he's triple teamed

THe Heat looked a lot more intimidating to the younger guys. I don't think they ever saw Defense of that caliber, and they just threw in the towel. Poor Amar'e is triple teamed by the best in the NBA, and Dantoni doesn't set up plays to counter for easy dunks./..come on, he's triple teamed

Yeah that was like some 80s Bernard King shit when he got triple teamed!

We need Melo. End
Of story.

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
Well I still feel that they got to improve on certain gaps of there game. the heat aren't even that great defensively..Which is why we need to improve.

The think is, I'm like the late steinbrenner the owner of the yankees. never satisfied. oh well we're getting better..but when will we be elite in the next 5 years ?

I love stat.. But He can't always carry this team on his back and neither can felton. I am not satisfied. they have to win tomorrow because if not than I will lose all confidence in this team. I don't know if I'm feeling D'antoni.
way of coaching .

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Amar'e is only human guys... When he is played like this we get NO easy buckets...

-MIA gets a lay up...
-Amar'e Goes 1 on 1
-MIA gets another lay up...
-We run a pick and roll leaving Amar'e at the FT line to go 1 on 1... AGAIN!

This just doesn't make sense against the teams that care halfway about D.

If we had Melo that 3rd quarter wouldn't have happen the same way.

Look although we do need to improve our D... against teams like MIA...LA...SA...BOS...DAL we are still going to have scoring droughts(like tonight) and I'm kinda past the point of hoping for better D so let's get this Offense running so we truly can't be stopped.

la2ny

Starter
when I saw Amare get trippled i thought 2 things:
1:Oh my god i feel so bad 4 him right now
2:wonder if Melo was watching this

^im bored...

la2ny

Starter
Amar'e is only human guys... When he is played like this we get NO easy buckets...

-MIA gets a lay up...
-Amar'e Goes 1 on 1

Look although we do need to improve our D... against teams like MIA...LA...SA...BOS...DAL we are still going to have scoring droughts(like tonight) and I'm kinda past the point of hoping for better D so let's get this Offense running so we truly can't be stopped.
one thing people tend 2 forget is that the nba is catering more towards offensive oriented teams or basically teams that are stacked.were not so we massive droughts,especially playin d'ant's style w/ no true 2nd option. we have guys that play D just not the right gameplan 4 them

GeseStark

Benchwarmer

-MIA gets a lay up...
-Amar'e Goes 1 on 1

That's why we need better players ? Because They will triple team stoudamire and he need someone he can rely on to put the ball in the basket. And could someone calm spike lee ass down..I love him. But he's always motivating The Opposing teams and the damn players By getting up in their face and just all crazy ? off topic.."I know" but a couple of fans on the radio were saying that Spike lee always hypes up the opposing players A.K.A Reggie miller , MJ , Kobe bryant, lebron..Just shut up and watch the game..lord he needs a muzzle .

la2ny

Starter
That's why we need better players ? Because They will triple team stoudamire and he need someone he can rely on to put the ball in the basket. And could someone calm spike lee ass down..I love him. But he's always motivating The Opposing teams and the damn players By getting up in their face and just all crazy ? off topic.."I know" but a couple of fans on the radio were saying that Spike lee always hypes up the opposing players A.K.A Reggie miller , MJ , Kobe bryant, lebron..Just shut up and watch the game..lord he needs a muzzle .
honestly they already were going to destroy ny but 2nite the fans didnt help n e either

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
honestly they already were going to destroy ny but 2nite the fans didnt help n e either

Yeah the fans were definitely being a bunch of jackasses. Showing him so much importance . Why? It just got him more pumped up. Think people, he wasn't on our team anyway ! He shut them up real quick though. You know what the knicks need, is that killer instinct and not be intimidated ! But for real Spike lee needs to stop it. We haven't won in a long time And in the 90's I think he cause the knicks against the pacers in 95 making fun of reggie with the knicks winning..What Happened ? reggie gets pumped up makes a couple of 3's pacers win series..And reggie gives the choke sign to Spike lee..lol

Than he goes and hugs kobe bryant after lighting the knicks up for 61 points..after the game..That was ridiculous.:couto:

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Options according to rumors

NBA Trade Rumors:10 Guys Not Named Carmelo Anthony New York Knicks Could Land

NBA trade rumors involving the New York Knicks have been centered on Carmelo Anthony for quite some time.
However, whether or not he ends up joining the team, there are several other candidates that they have or should be looking at.
The team is reportedly looking for a backup point guard to relieve Raymond Felton and a big body to give them some size up front.
Who could become the next Knickerbocker?

Look and find which rumor you think works.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...elo-anthony-new-york-knicks-could-land#page/1

la2ny

Starter
Yeah the fans were definitely being a bunch of jackasses. Showing him so much importance . Why? It just got him more pumped up. Think people, he wasn't on our team anyway ! He shut them up real quick though. You know what the knicks need, is that killer instinct and not be intimidated ! But for real Spike lee needs to stop it. We haven't won in a long time And in the 90's I think he cause the knicks against the pacers in 95 making fun of reggie with the knicks winning..What Happened ? reggie gets pumped up makes a couple of 3's pacers win series..And reggie gives the choke sign to Spike lee..lol

Than he goes and hugs kobe bryant after lighting the knicks up for 61 points..after the game..That was ridiculous.:couto:
Kobe lit them up for 2 reasons:
1:he injured bynum the night b4 in memphis and wanted to take out his frustration
2:the knicks were horrendous

And yeah spike didn't help in the 90's but we had a good shot in 94 but we all know what happened then

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This game was a perfect example of why we need another good scoring option on this team. We need someone who can draw the triple team away from STAT...you can't expect STAT to do well when he's gotta go up against Joel Anthony, LeBron, AND Bosh at the same time.

And some of our defense was atrocious. There is no reason Raymond Felton should be guarding LeBron James...ever...just no...

And that's the problem with Gallo too. He's way too streaky...he was a monster in the first half, sorta disappeared in the second half. It's too bad, but you can't expect the guy to be THAT good...can you?

la2ny

Starter
This game was a perfect example of why we need another good scoring option on this team. We need someone who can draw the triple team away from STAT...you can't expect STAT to do well when he's gotta go up against Joel Anthony, LeBron, AND Bosh at the same time.

And some of our defense was atrocious. There is no reason Raymond Felton should be guarding LeBron James...ever...just no...

And that's the problem with Gallo too. He's way too streaky...he was a monster in the first half, sorta disappeared in the second half. It's too bad, but you can't expect the guy to be THAT good...can you?
sorta dissappeared, i coulda swore that was casper out there. and yeah the d was bad at times but that comes from d'antoni's defensive mindset:switch everything and once one star gets hot double,which was stupid to begin with