Road to Cole Anthony

mafra

Legend
Greg Anthony?s kid, Cole, has 34 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 assists tonight in his UNC debut. He?s also 6-11 from downtown.

This could be our future PG?!?

mafra, no, just no.

We can?t do this again as a fan base. We?re going to end up with the 3rd through 6th pick and watch Anthony go before we pick.

I can?t do this again.

mafra

Legend
We getting a top 10 pick... we need a PG... there are a few good ones. Why not hope another 60 loss season nets the Knicks a good PG to slide next to RJ.

What else is there to root for this season?

We getting a top 10 pick... we need a PG... there are a few good ones. Why not hope another 60 loss season nets the Knicks a good PG to slide next to RJ.

Yeah, I get it, but no way we get Cole Anthony. We are cursed as a team at this point.

mafra

Legend
That?s definitely true.... we?ll get stuck with a Ball bum, right. Still, it could?ve been worse.... We could be stuck with Hunter or Redish and 140 mil bum instead of a 60 mil bum.

I?m gonna try to be positive for once, with regards to Knicks, and believe RJ mojo will devour Dolan stink.

RJ plus another solid lottery pick.... maybe then we turn a corner and win 30 games. How exciting!

Kiyaman

Legend

NO! We don't need a rookie PG!
The Knicks young-core players Frank, DSJ, Dotson, Trier, Knox, MitchRob, and rookie RJ all need a season having an experience NBA starter PG (CP3) as a teammate to improve their level of B.ball .. Our coaching-Staff SUCKS !!!

Why do we need a point guard? Frank played pretty damn good last night.

I agree with you about being so negative about this team. But what else is there beside negatives? We have a lot of problem but what I saw of Frank last night was very, very good.

This is the problems I came away with from last night game. 1. To many Chiefs and not enough Indians. All of the newbie want to be the savor. We get down and all start shooting el-advise 3's. That leads to this problem.
2. There is no TRUE LEADER on this team EXCEPT. We don't have a leader among any of the newbie. They don't know HOW!! Those that have played this game knows what that person looks like. He is the one that the whole team look for when you need a basket. He is the one after a team makes a run at you and you call time-out that as you're coming off the floor this is the player you look at. He is the one that makes all the player around him better. He is the player that the team get it energy when it doesn't seen like that have any to give. THESE QUALITIES ARE NOT IN ANYONE OF THE NEWBIES. We have one player that I think could be that leader and it definitely not RJ or Randle. They need the ball to be important to the team. Knox is the only player I see that could be the leader of this team. The front office and coach are trying to make leader of both Randle and RJ. The two of them should be bench and move Knox and Dotson into the starting line-up. Eight games and I see nothing special about either. They have the green light to shoot anytime they want and they do so at the team expense.

tiger0330

Legend

I agree with you about being so negative about this team. But what else is there beside negatives? We have a lot of problem but what I saw of Frank last night was very, very good.

This is the problems I came away with from last night game. 1. To many Chiefs and not enough Indians. All of the newbie want to be the savor. We get down and all start shooting el-advise 3's. That leads to this problem.
2. There is no TRUE LEADER on this team EXCEPT. We don't have a leader among any of the newbie. They don't know HOW!! Those that have played this game knows what that person looks like. He is the one that the whole team look for when you need a basket. He is the one after a team makes a run at you and you call time-out that as you're coming off the floor this is the player you look at. He is the one that makes all the player around him better. He is the player that the team get it energy when it doesn't seen like that have any to give. THESE QUALITIES ARE NOT IN ANYONE OF THE NEWBIES. We have one player that I think could be that leader and it definitely not RJ or Randle. They need the ball to be important to the team. Knox is the only player I see that could be the leader of this team. The front office and coach are trying to make leader of both Randle and RJ. The two of them should be bench and move Knox and Dotson into the starting line-up. Eight games and I see nothing special about either. They have the green light to shoot anytime they want and they do so at the team expense.
What was the record under Horn and Fisher?

jimkcchief88

All Star

Real talk u lose credibility with every post bro. This is a point guard driven league. Hello. Do u watch NBA games now or NBA games from 30 years ago??? No hand check and no close out rules have have handle guards that can shoot going crazy. We don?t have that and you can?t live without players like that. We need Cole Anthony or a player like that on chief

tiger0330

Legend
More impressed with Ja or Trey than Cole. Let’s see if he can replicate his debut game a few more times over the course of this season.

Real talk u lose credibility with every post bro. This is a point guard driven league. Hello. Do u watch NBA games now or NBA games from 30 years ago??? No hand check and no close out rules have have handle guards that can shoot going crazy. We don’t have that and you can’t live without players like that. We need Cole Anthony or a player like that on chief
Losing Credibility? You lost me. I was talking more about a leader than a PG. Not sure how talking about a leader loses credibility. Who said it was or wasn't a pg driven league? Maybe you never coached. You coach to your players talent not to what you would like for them to be as a team. I watch last game, did YOU?? I spoke of things that person that played or coached BB should know something about if they played. You didn't address any of them. Lets me know about your credibility.

BTW, remember that discussion about you wanting the Knicks to draft D. Mitchell in the draft. I respond back and asked where I could find those comments/posts. Never got any idea where to find them from you. CREDIBILITY??

mafra

Legend
GSW took Curry even tho they had Monte Ellis and another good G....

Wiseman the potential top pick, then after that it?s Anthony, Ball, Maledon and Hampton .... a bunch of PGs.

I doubt we go Edwards, with RJ here....

This is the big board early on in the game....

Anthony is much better than any PG we have... Knits is an ideal backup PG, if we can get him to where he can contribute something in offense.

Are we trying to win a championship? Is the final piece of the puzzle a PG? Is PG our greatest need? Can we win with Frank at PG? After last night I say, Yes. If he plays the same way. Will Anthony or any other PG move the needle? Wes Unseld!!!

Let me take you back to the Bullets/ Wizards drafting. Remember when they draft John Lucas. Why did they draft him? Was it because he was the best player in the nation? No!! Was it because he was the best player at his position? No!!! Did lead the nation in scoring/ rebounding or assist(not sure about that one)? No!!! THEY DRAFT HIM BECAUSE OF HIS LEADERSHIP QUALITY!!! Gentlemen, we don't have a leader in the players management and Fiz wants to be the leader. It not in there DNA!!! You aren't going to get a leader out of Randle and RJ. Nobody on this team looks at them coming off the court after a timeout. If you played this game you know what I'm talking about. We need a leader more than a PG but if that PG is a leader then fine.

As anybody took notice of Robinson game. Why hasn't it grown? No Jumper, Why? No plays ran so he can use it(if he had one) in game situation. With no Big man coach on the staff why aren't we talking about his development. Just two(No Jumper & No Big man coach) among the many problems.

mafra

Legend
I would certainly take Wiseman first, based on everything I?ve read.... I?ll watch tho and see for myself what these freshman are like....

But Cole Anthony is Greg?s kid.... he?s 6?3? and a tremendous lead guard. He can shoot and he has moxy.

Not many kids debut at a big time school against a good opponent with 35-11-5-2 line. A good start.

I like Cole over Ball, and most project Wiseman, Edwards, Anthony and Ball as top 5 picks.

I don?t care about position... I draft best available guy, especially when drafting in top 10....

Sure, we could go Edwards... but some of these wing prospects are more athletic freaks than b-ballers.

To me, there is what? 240 minutes a game you have to figure out how to fill....

5 spots.... 5x48.... 240 minutes....

You have a starting 5, a 6th man scorer, backup PG and backup Big, to go with a shooter and a 3 and D guy.... that?s 10 spots to fill, before you round out roster with a vet and some developmental guys.

I?m confident RJ is 1/10 on a good team.... most likely a starter and maybe even a top 3 option.

I believe MRob is at least a backup Big on a good team, and we hope a starter down the line....

I think Knox has potential to be a bench shooter.... maybe even 6th man type... maybe even a starter.... I don?t see top 3 option tho... but he?s young.

I think with Frank, EP, DSJ, Trier.... we may even have a backup PG or 6th man dude.... Dotson a long shot, but he can fill sniper or 3-&-role....

I think Randle or Morris could be 1/10 too.

So, we have maybe RJ, MRob, Randle OR Morris, then another spot (out of all our guards). That?s 4/10 spots already here.... maybe 5 if we lucky.

However, every team needs a primary ball
handler.... SSOL has filled league with Young, Doncic, Harden, type ball-dominant guards....

I prefer the SA, GSW, old school way of a traditional PG with stud scorers around that.

I really prefer a dominant big, but those are hard to find.

The team I would want to construct has a role for that defensive stalwart in middle... MRob.

Then, you need your 1 and 1A along with your third option.

We need to find a primary ball handler or out 1 and 1A.

So, regardless of position, if we are in lottery again and are fortunate enough to pick in top 5.... I?m looking for just that...

We need arguably 3-4 starters. And we definitely need our top 2 options.

Cole Anthony fits this need, as well as any prospect in this draft...

You have been very, very GENEROUS with some players evaluation. Dotson started and average double figures so why is he a long shot? The best all-around player on the team is now a long shot on the worst team in the league.

Do we have to build a team according to league standard? Can we build a team with what player are on the team? Coach to your talent....NOT YOUR HYPE!!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
NO! We don't need a rookie PG!
The Knicks young-core players Frank, DSJ, Dotson, Trier, Knox, MitchRob, and rookie RJ all need a season having an experience NBA starter PG (CP3) as a teammate to improve their level of B.ball .. Our coaching-Staff SUCKS !!!

Completely agree. This is a position that requires the most experience. I'd like to see us make a play for Rubio or Rondo. This wouldn't solve our scoring problems, but it would give us a solid floor gen capable of spreading the floor.

mafra

Legend
Completely agree. This is a position that requires the most experience. I'd like to see us make a play for Rubio or Rondo. This wouldn't solve our scoring problems, but it would give us a solid floor gen capable of spreading the floor.

We need to rebuild, not inject a PG to a ready-made roster. I want our PG for next decade... not a stopgap option for 2-3 years.

I?m not opposed to swinging a deal and bringing that in.

But, let me ask you... if we are drafting and PG is best player on the board.... are you proposing taking a gamble on a lesser prospect?

mafra

Legend
Wow! NCAA rules projected 1st pick Wiseman ineligible... and Penny planned on starting 5 freshman this season.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
We need to rebuild, not inject a PG to a ready-made roster. I want our PG for next decade... not a stopgap option for 2-3 years.

I’m not opposed to swinging a deal and bringing that in.

But, let me ask you... if we are drafting and PG is best player on the board.... are you proposing taking a gamble on a lesser prospect?

Not at all. Always get the best available player, regardless of position in my view. But there aren't many projected Steph Curry's out there. I'm not convinced that one and done PGs know how to run an offense. There will be years of development for anyone we draft. If you want results in the near future, in my view we need some vet leadership at this position.