World Peace signs 2 year deal with NYK

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Good point. Francisco Garcia did that with the Rockets, signed a 2yr vet min deal with a player option so he could use his bird rights for a better deal in the second year.

He's younger than KMart though, the Knicks would be lying to KMart if they guaranteed JR money to him at this stage of his career but we do need his toughness in the frontcourt with Stat and Bargnani on the Knicks so I hope we can sign him.

I wouldn't guarantee him J.R. money but would offer him lets $3 to $3.6 M per for 2 or 3 years which is a fair shake for his age, what he offers and as long as we use him sparingly...

bigapple

Starter
We all know that new locations can make or break players. Examples are LIN and Landry...who just stunk in their new location or BIRDMAN and K MART who thrived. So hopefully Bargnani will be a good fit as Novak was not and Camby did not play. Our team is now younger, better defensively and has a core that now needs a POINT GUARD and back up center.
Certainly Bargnani has the potential to make his trade a real winner for us. And JR and MWP will give a full time psychiatrist { Dr. Woodson} plenty of work.
Is there anyone here who would not have traded for RON ARTEST for CHRIS COPELAND...and don't tell me about potential. I am talking for results NOW.

Dont go overboard yet it was just matter of luck Lakers just wana clear cap space for 2k14 and they wana build stronger team than Heat

but now with stronger players like Andrea like MWP JR really needs to step up otherwise he will be benched more often

MWP can easly shoot 3s he is also good @FT and what is MOST important he can also easly shot jumpers.

So now Knicks got more shooters MELO MWP Andrea

K-mart still can be signed? is so Knicks will b reaaaaally dangerous.

Only what i am dreaming bout is PG with skill level of top elite such as Parker Curry Rondo if Knicks can catch such player Knicks can really complete with Heat.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
This is terrific. Metta will help. By the way, the GM who picked Weis over Artest 14 years ago was Ed Tapscott. He was followed a short time later by Layden who continued to make mistakes throughout his GM term. Grunwald has not had much to work with and has done a more than decent job. Note that Metta's contract is for two years, i.e., it ends the same time as Amare's, Melo's and Chandler's. Does anyone know whether what we pay Metta for the coming season is simply deducted from the $7M plus that LA owes him under the amnesty. If that is the case, there would be no reason for Metta to care what we pay him in the first year of his two year contract.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
terrible signing money wise, instead of saving the 1.7 mini left over for a guy like kenyon who lives off chump change, we give that 1.7 to mwp whose already getting paied 8 mill a year

Typical Knicks....this signing isn't good....Metta is a shell of himself. Of course we had no other options available so we'll talk this up like it's the greatest signing ever.

What the H#$# are you smoking? Seriously? Good signing by the Knicks, so was Bargs. Bargs will be a new man next season...book it. Meta will cause terror like always....Once my most hated player has become apart of my team lol. He a threat on the court defensively and can hit the occasional three.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
terrible signing money wise, instead of saving the 1.7 mini left over for a guy like kenyon who lives off chump change, we give that 1.7 to mwp whose already getting paied 8 mill a year

Kenyon is not deserving of anything other than Vet min. He was injured in a fraction of season than what other guys played. I don't see him making a full season. So Vet Min is what he gets.

tiger0330

Legend
This is terrific. Metta will help. By the way, the GM who picked Weis over Artest 14 years ago was Ed Tapscott. He was followed a short time later by Layden who continued to make mistakes throughout his GM term. Grunwald has not had much to work with and has done a more than decent job. Note that Metta's contract is for two years, i.e., it ends the same time as Amare's, Melo's and Chandler's. Does anyone know whether what we pay Metta for the coming season is simply deducted from the $7M plus that LA owes him under the amnesty. If that is the case, there would be no reason for Metta to care what we pay him in the first year of his two year contract.
The Lakers get a set off of 1/2 the difference of MWP 1.6M contract and the min contract for a 1 year vet of 788K or 405K. The Lakers would pay him 7.3M instead of the 7.7 of his original contract. MWP makes out by getting 8.9M from clearing waivers.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Note that Metta's contract is for two years, i.e., it ends the same time as Amare's, Melo's and Chandler's. Does anyone know whether what we pay Metta for the coming season is simply deducted from the $7M plus that LA owes him under the amnesty.

MWP is a two year deal but the second year is a player option... Adding the player option allows him to opt out and get the team increase like J.R. Smith got after his first year... Do that for two years then get a longer contract with 2 year Bird Rights... How much does MWP have left, well who knows...

On Melo after this upcoming season he has an ETO player option which everyone is expecting him to opt out of... Amare, will still be hard to move but could be easier to buy him out if he suffers another poor season... For Chandler, Knicks would probably be able to move his final year to open up cap space... But next off-season expect big changes...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I'm hyped up like crazy right now. A day earlier then I expected it go through. What got me wasn't only the signing but what he said. And I paraphrase: its not about the money just give me the contract to sign. What is it a dollar? Just lemme sign it. Are you kidding me?? That's the type of players NY should get behind. The MWP's and the smiths who put loyalty and their team ahead of money.

I'm hyped

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Wow I can't wait for this season to start, I always wanted Ron to come home and play for the Knicks. He's exactly the type of player that we need, a stretch SF that adds toughness to this team. I live by Queensbridge so hopefully I can meet him one day lol.

metrocard

Legend
We should of drafted him back in 99'. Welcome to the New York Knicks Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace. We needed a player like you for a very long time. Artest is underrated because people look at numbers and don't realize Artest impacts the game in a special way. Knicks saved themselves with this signing.

Broadway

All Star
The emotional part of all this will wear off and many of you will come to your senses. I just hope the pain isn't heavy when it does.