Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
There are already TV deals in China and Taiwan. They've been following Knicks games since Linsanity. Go to youtube and search his Chinese name. You can find every game that was played last season since Linsanity broadcast in Chinese.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0C9kF_CRsA&feature=plcp

Knicks should be able to negotiate a TV deal in asia that would bring back multiples of his salary and cap hit

Last edited:

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Ticket prices were raised when Melo got here. I'll give you the TV rating increase though.

I'm sorry but too many people are focused on the $$$ Dolan will make but I hardly hear anything about the team's success. I want to watch a good team compete for a title. All the money going up to the Dolans means very little to me.

Bottom line, keep Lin if you think he can be the guy to lead you to a title. If not, move on with the pieces you have.

but the point at hand is Lin is a cashcow to the organization which is true. whether it leads to team success or not, its true.

tiger0330

Legend
Someone needs to be fired if this "stretch provision" affects signing JLin. Signing all these PGs doesn't make sense and then you find out wait you can spread out the the luxury tax over a few years so lets change our mind and match for JLin. WTF do you do with Felton??

Hayato

Benchwarmer
answer me this:

1) did the quick signing of felton show that we're unaware of the stretch provision?

2) would the knicks still part with lin in a way to say "up yours, prick" for trying to leech every dollar out of us that he could?

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Someone needs to be fired if this "stretch provision" affects signing JLin. Signing all these PGs doesn't make sense and then you find out wait you can spread out the the luxury tax over a few years so lets change our mind and match for JLin. WTF do you do with Felton??

maybe they knew about it all along but theyre just dragging it out..

felton lin and kidd can all play shooting guard and right now, JR is our only shooting guard until january when shump comes back. maybe they work Kidd and Lin a little into the SG rotation..but when shump comes back, who knows what will happen. i cant make a prediction on what will happen with lin because it still seems very foggy

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
Are you certain it had nothing to do with the overall market being down?

7/16/12 Closing Values

Dow Jones (DJIA) – Today’s Closing value : 12,727.21 -49.88 (-0.39%)
S&P 500 (SPX) – Today’s Closing value : 1,353.64 -3.14 (-0.23%)
NASDAQ (COMP)-Today’s Closing value : 2,896.94 -11.52 (-0.40%)

MSG 36.00 -0.59 (-1.6%)

Yes, exactly.

MSG's stock lost 50 million dollars in value on Monday because of the rumors. Just saying.

Forrest17

Rotation player
We aren't going to be using this stretch provision. No one wants to pay 5 million a year for a player who isn't even on your roster anymore for the next 3 years. This really changes nothing in the Lin decision imo.

tiger0330

Legend

2) would the knicks still part with lin in a way to say "up yours, prick" for trying to leech every dollar out of us that he could?
What Lin did with Houston should not have anything to do with it. Wasn't it a couple of days ago we saw that article on Lin being upset that the Knicks didn't make him an offer before Houston did and that "Lin needs to realize it's a business". Same goes for the Knicks except double, they cut and trade guys all the time after telling them you're in our plans, look at what they did to Billups.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/18/sports/basketball/knicks-lin-rockets-offer-sheet.html?ref=sports

Knicks Now Seem Set on Letting Lin Go

The Knicks plan to cut ties with Jeremy Lin on Tuesday night, according to a person briefed on the decision, ending a brief, spectacular and now bittersweet love affair between the 23-year-old point guard and his adoring fan base. Lin will play next season for the Houston Rockets, who signed him to a three-year, $25.1 million offer sheet that the Knicks have elected not to match.

tiger0330

Legend
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/18/sports/basketball/knicks-lin-rockets-offer-sheet.html?ref=sports

Knicks Now Seem Set on Letting Lin Go

The Knicks plan to cut ties with Jeremy Lin on Tuesday night, according to a person briefed on the decision, ending a brief, spectacular and now bittersweet love affair between the 23-year-old point guard and his adoring fan base. Lin will play next season for the Houston Rockets, who signed him to a three-year, $25.1 million offer sheet that the Knicks have elected not to match.
Howard Beck of the NYTimes just tweeted.
Lin will be a Rocket. Knicks deliberations over.

Wargames

Starter
well this sucks.... somewhere the Nyets owner Provalone is licking his lips over all the casual basketball fans Dolan just gave him. I mean the Nyets roster sucks but they haven't traded away a fan favorite player either....

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
well this sucks.... somewhere the Nyets owner Provalone is licking his lips over all the casual basketball fans Dolan just gave him. I mean the Nyets roster sucks but they haven't traded away a fan favorite player either....

Wouldn't put it past prokarov to try and trade for Lin at 12:01 am

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Dude, if Lin walks, I don't know what to think.

I think Dolan forced some pretty stupid moves over the years, culminating with the terrible Melo trade, but this takes his ineptitude to another level.

Dolan has absolutely NO touch with reality. He's gotta be heavy on the prescription drugs or something worse. This is not a sane move, letting Lin walk.

How the f*** do you let Lin walk? I can't wrap my mind around this.

nyk_nyk

All Star
The Knicks fan base will be fine. All the bandwagon asian Linsanity fans will migrate to HOU and we'll have our core/loyal fan base at the forefront again.