New York Knicks - 2018 Draft

mafra

Legend
Luka Doncic said he hasn't made a decision about joining the NBA in 2018-19.
He's currently focused on his season with Real Madrid and won't make a decision until later in the summer. "Ι?m not sure if these are my last two games [in EuroLeague]," Doncic said. "We have yet to make this decision. Perhaps after the season." Maybe he doesn't want to upset his current teammates during their title run or maybe his camp is using this is as leverage to steer him to a specific destination, but this is a story to monitor closely over the next few weeks.

mafra

Legend
I?m intrigued by Wendell Carter and the Al Horford comparisons. If Kanter leaves, we have nothing at center. It would be a lot easier to find a wing than a center in free agency, I?m guessing.

All Al did in college was win titles. Carter can?t shoot FTs and isn?t a good defender. Him and KP play the same position.... I wouldn?t want Carter to be my C. I watched most Duke games this year.... he?s a talented offensive player... but... IDK. Maybe he?ll be a better pro than he was in college ...

tiger0330

Legend
Luka Doncic said he hasn't made a decision about joining the NBA in 2018-19.
He's currently focused on his season with Real Madrid and won't make a decision until later in the summer. "Ι’m not sure if these are my last two games [in EuroLeague]," Doncic said. "We have yet to make this decision. Perhaps after the season." Maybe he doesn't want to upset his current teammates during their title run or maybe his camp is using this is as leverage to steer him to a specific destination, but this is a story to monitor closely over the next few weeks.
He's filed his paperwork for the 2018 draft but he has until June 11 to change his mind and withdraw from the draft, he could still be drafted by an NBA team but decide to stay in Europe also, steering him to teams willing to wait a year before he comes to the NBA. Question is would the Knicks take him at 9 knowing he wouldn't play until the 2020 season.

Broadway

All Star
He's filed his paperwork for the 2018 draft but he has until June 11 to change his mind and withdraw from the draft, he could still be drafted by an NBA team but decide to stay in Europe also, steering him to teams willing to wait a year before he comes to the NBA. Question is would the Knicks take him at 9 knowing he wouldn't play until the 2020 season.

This is already being snuffed in NBA circuits as a ploy by his agent to make sure his client goes now lower than 3 in this draft. Keep in mind he's not working out for anyone, so he has to angle for leverage somehow. You best believe he's coming over. He's probably hoping Suns draft him

All Al did in college was win titles. Carter can?t shoot FTs and isn?t a good defender. Him and KP play the same position.... I wouldn?t want Carter to be my C. I watched most Duke games this year.... he?s a talented offensive player... but... IDK. Maybe he?ll be a better pro than he was in college ...

Yikes, nevermind on Carter then.

Broadway

All Star
All Al did in college was win titles. Carter can’t shoot FTs and isn’t a good defender. Him and KP play the same position.... I wouldn’t want Carter to be my C. I watched most Duke games this year.... he’s a talented offensive player... but... IDK. Maybe he’ll be a better pro than he was in college ...

Agreed wasn't impressed by Carter nor was I of Porter(for the smallest of sample I saw of him). Would rather us avoid both players should they be there when we pick. I'm going to start posting Youtube Vids of 5 players we should have our eyes on in this draft. We really should strongly consider a trade down if necessary to get 3 of them outside of the 2nd rounder we have

Broadway

All Star
Dzanan Musa ~ Talk about a crafty scoring weapon in every facet of the game and he's a wing(what we probably need most). His pull-up and step back game is phenomenal and I love players who can go either direction to make plays. He has handle, he knows how to finish at the basket, crazy deception...filthy range on the J

This Vid Presentation Is For Your Review

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Chandler Hutchison ~ What stands out to me first is his size as a wing, he appears every bit of 6'7" looks like maybe he's 6'8" and the constant motor. In this video you see him moving making all kinds of plays. Obviously he has the athleticism, no fear whatsoever attacking the basket no matter the traffic and incredible finisher from any angle. I also enjoy how he gets rebounds starts and finishes breaks with fluidity, gazelle like in the open court

This Video Presentation Is For Your Review

Broadway

All Star
Malik Newman ~ Listen I'd rather not draft a guard at 9 (that includes Young and Sexton) I'll understand if we do but you best believe there are other guards who are going to give those two the biznazz. Finds later in the draft and Newman is without question one of them. Jrue Holidayesque! I don't see any wasted movement in his game, and he has both a midrange and beyond perimeter jumper. Notice the trend in the players I'm showing all of them can go left and right and finish the same. He has ball fakes, pull ups, squares up, quick release, runs off screens well. Really a perfect complementary off guard. This is the Mitchell type player a team is looking for, who more than likely will be passed on

mafra

Legend
I think if Mikhal or Trae is there I stay put, maybe even Porter too... otherwise, trade down for more!

Broadway

All Star
Khyri Thomas ~ He is my ultimate sleeper pick. There's not 1 thing I dislike about his game, NONE! This video shows everything you want to see from a guard whether point or off. You may think you're watching old clips of Dotson but nope, it's a better version of him honestly. That baseline pass going out of bounds into the middle of the paint at about the 1:30min mark was pure filth. When they played Villanova he locked up(POY) Brunson back half of game, so he fits the defensive profile we're going after this summer. The total guard package, mixes in some improvisation only when necessary...otherwise plays a very calculated game. What I also see is a leader, someone who appears they've been coached up and he goes out on the court executing it according to game plan

mafra

Legend
A day after he met with the Knicks, Michael Porter Jr. declared himself the greatest prospect.

"I know without a doubt - I've played against all these guys - but I'm the best player in this draft," he said. "I just can't wait to show what I'm capable of."

The Knicks also met with Sexton and Villanova's Mikal Bridges on Wednesday. They're slated to interview Miles Bridges and Oklahoma's Trae Young on Friday.

The Knicks are prioritizing a forward in the draft.

"I just think if you got a super talent, you got a super talent. If the drop off from that talent to something that you need is big you're probably not going to go with what you need," Fizdale said. "You can get it later because the guy is so talented you can't pass on it. It just depends on how good that guy is that you need. If he's there, wait for him. If he's not, you're probably

A day after he met with the Knicks, Michael Porter Jr. declared himself the greatest prospect.

"I know without a doubt - I've played against all these guys - but I'm the best player in this draft," he said. "I just can't wait to show what I'm capable of."

The Knicks also met with Sexton and Villanova's Mikal Bridges on Wednesday. They're slated to interview Miles Bridges and Oklahoma's Trae Young on Friday.

The Knicks are prioritizing a forward in the draft.

"I just think if you got a super talent, you got a super talent. If the drop off from that talent to something that you need is big you're probably not going to go with what you need," Fizdale said. "You can get it later because the guy is so talented you can't pass on it. It just depends on how good that guy is that you need. If he's there, wait for him. If he's not, you're probably

If the top 5 is some combination of Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Jaren Jackson, and Bamba, then we?re guaranteed a choice of at least 2 out of Porter, Trae Young, Mikal Bridges, Miles Bridges, and Sexton (the 5 guys we are interviewing as of now). If we don?t like at least 4 of those 5 guys, I hope we look to trade down.

tiger0330

Legend
Khyri Thomas ~ He is my ultimate sleeper pick. There's not 1 thing I dislike about his game, NONE! This video shows everything you want to see from a guard whether point or off. You may think you're watching old clips of Dotson but nope, it's a better version of him honestly. That baseline pass going out of bounds into the middle of the paint at about the 1:30min mark was pure filth. When they played Villanova he locked up(POY) Brunson back half of game, so he fits the defensive profile we're going after this summer. The total guard package, mixes in some improvisation only when necessary...otherwise plays a very calculated game. What I also see is a leader, someone who appears they've been coached up and he goes out on the court executing it according to game plan

What do you think about Donte DiVicenzo? Hes killing it at the combine.

DiVincenzo measured in at 6’3.5″ inches without shoes, with a 6’6″ wingspan and he weighed in at 200.6 pounds, with just five percent body fat. But that’s not where he scored big.

During athletic testing, the man known as “The Big Ragu,” busted out a combine-best standing vertical leap of 34.5 inches, and tied for the best max vertical leap at 42 inches. Those are huge numbers for DiVincenzo and much better than expected. He also finished fifth in the lane agility drill (10.72 seconds), was 11th in the shuttle run (3.11 seconds) and ninth in the three-quarter sprint (3.11 seconds). Those are all fantastic results for him.

Broadway

All Star
What do you think about Donte DiVicenzo? Hes killing it at the combine.

DiVincenzo measured in at 6’3.5″ inches without shoes, with a 6’6″ wingspan and he weighed in at 200.6 pounds, with just five percent body fat. But that’s not where he scored big.

During athletic testing, the man known as “The Big Ragu,” busted out a combine-best standing vertical leap of 34.5 inches, and tied for the best max vertical leap at 42 inches. Those are huge numbers for DiVincenzo and much better than expected. He also finished fifth in the lane agility drill (10.72 seconds), was 11th in the shuttle run (3.11 seconds) and ninth in the three-quarter sprint (3.11 seconds). Those are all fantastic results for him.

D2 has been trending upwards every since the tournament in route to a championship. His combine showing can only do him good. Kind of tough to gauge him based on how his season went with The Vill. Like did he play on too deep a team to showcase the true worth of his talent? I usually try not to go overboard with combine results other than to get true specs on athletes. There are always going to be players who test well and he's was one of them as was Grayson Allen. Players of their ilk will probably be within a couple spots when drafted as they present similar packages but usually players that surprise are the players people don't talk about until it's too late

On the flip side Trey and Collin both barely weigh 180(177 and 183 respectably) and measured 6'0" so does one say "hold off penning them as lottery selection their measurables scare us?"

tiger0330

Legend
D2 has been trending upwards every since the tournament in route to a championship. His combine showing can only do him good. Kind of tough to gauge him based on how his season went with The Vill. Like did he play on too deep a team to showcase the true worth of his talent? I usually try not to go overboard with combine results other than to get true specs on athletes. There are always going to be players who test well and he's was one of them as was Grayson Allen. Players of their ilk will probably be within a couple spots when drafted as they present similar packages but usually players that surprise are the players people don't talk about until it's too late

On the flip side Trey and Collin both barely weigh 180(177 and 183 respectably) and measured 6'0" so does one say "hold off penning them as lottery selection their measurables scare us?"
So you don't think he's a sleeper this draft? I thought Sexton was bigger, Trae looks about 6'. Height is a factor, I'd definitely be wary of Sexton's impact on defense because of it. Trae can put up those 30ft 3s so scouts might ignore that 6 ft frame.

mafra

Legend
Sexton is a grinder and competitor and can penetrate.... but his size would give me pause, only bc we have a Knits, Mudiay, Burke already...

Now, Young is different bc he has a different skill set... you get Young if you feel he?s a mini-Curry, bc he compliments what we already have. I feel Sexton is a redundancy...

Now, with that said, Sexton and Knits would be a ferocious back court defensively and Sexton could add the dribble penetration (plus he?s a better shooter than Young is a defender).

This is why Bridges is better than those 2, for us. He gives us a wing presence... this means we would have a quality defender on each level.

Still, without benefit of background check and interview intel... really hard to evaluate on the outside.

Young and Sexton are gonna benefit from
dM exploding on the scene. And, if both Bridges and Porter are gone... will we go G over a Knox?

Porter
Mikhal Bridges
Trae Young
TRADE
MilesBridges
Sexton
Knox

Is my early big board.

Broadway

All Star
So you don't think he's a sleeper this draft? I thought Sexton was bigger, Trae looks about 6'. Height is a factor, I'd definitely be wary of Sexton's impact on defense because of it. Trae can put up those 30ft 3s so scouts might ignore that 6 ft frame.

D2 is a sleeper and then again he isn't. I think playing for a title team who got pub all yr he kind of received free press. He had a really good yr and his numbers were sneaky good. Part of his mystique lies in the fact he left the door open to return to college by not signing an agent. If he stays in, which appears more likely by the day he becomes a more known commodity. Once he links up with an agent teams are going to be all over him, requesting workouts and I'd wager to say he'll do well in many of them. He has a chance to land right inside the lottery. I'd say he's in the 15-25 range of picks come June. I think most teams already feel he'll be a good prospect, it's really a matter of giving himself the green light. He's on path to be the Justin Jackson of this yr's draft