• Chris Duhon

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

New New York

Quiet Storm
No disrepect New York, but I don't see the sense in starting Duhon. You are basically saying that Duhon is better than Steph. :update:You dont c Mike James starting ova Cp3 cuz CP3 is the better player. Just as Steph is better than Duhon. P.S been gone 4 a minute back to rep hard in tha starbury wars. :machinegun: Team Starbury stand up!:peace:

Shauny hear me out....You cant measure talent by who is in the starting five all the time.I agree with your example of CP3 but lets take the Spurs for instance for a better comparison; Manu Ginobli is only a part time starter for the Spurs but is clearly more talented than the two players he plays behind (Bowen, and Finley). Manu gives his team a lift off the bench and is often in the game down the stretch, if Steph doesnt start then I see him in that sort of role and doing good at it. Again he is better than Duhon like Manu is better than Bowen and Finley, but he will provide some very good play off the bench.....IF that is his role this year, again I think it is too early to call!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
No disrepect New York, but I don't see the sense in starting Duhon. You are basically saying that Duhon is better than Steph. :update:You dont c Mike James starting ova Cp3 cuz CP3 is the better player. Just as Steph is better than Duhon. P.S been gone 4 a minute back to rep hard in tha starbury wars. :machinegun: Team Starbury stand up!:peace:

Good to see you back fam...

First of all, saying Duhon should start over Marbury is not saying Duhon is the better, more talented player. It means he just fits better in the situation you are in. It's like starting a worse player in baseball to play the percentages against a pitcher. If Duhon can move the ball and make the easy pass better than Marbury, and that's what D'Antoni wants from his PG, then that's who should start, end of sentence. If D'Antoni wants his PG to shoot a lot, try and make a lot of plays himself, and that's what Marbury brings to the table, then Marbs should start.

The Mike James:CP3 comparison to Duhon:Marbury is undoubtedly the most idiotic comparison I have ever heard in my entire life. CP3 is a candidate for MVP this year, of course your MVP candidate should prob. be starting. Marbury is not CP3...
I think thats a very good comparison. Marbury is still an elite point guard. Duhon is a solid backup, nothing more. Hes not capable of starting. He was lucky last night, we all know hes not that good of a shooter.

Marbury is better at everything. Hes a better passer, defender, scorer, and hes got more swag.

dick fan before anything
*fixed

*edit*

Good work abcd, these haterburys get served all day like breakfast. They never had anything on us and never will. We run this site. They run away from us and bring up irrelevant shit.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
No, I do get it. But starting a guy doesn't mean you are saying one is better than the other. I like Marbury, a lot. At the same time I trust the coaches. And if the coaches say Duhon fits better in the system, then I'll give him a shot. If it starts to look like Duhon doesn't work, if they start 2-7 or something, I'm all for Marbury being there. But Duhon is who D'Antoni wanted, I say let the kid have his shot if Mike D'Antoni believes. If Duhon makes smarter passes than Marbury in the system installed, I don't have a problem with it. I have a problem if Duhon doesn't perform well, but he looked good last night.
Yes, but that was a preseason game. He also played poorly against the Toronto Raptors, if you remember. I've seen Chris Duhon play before, and he sucks. F*(k Duhon!

Team Starbury 4 life! Chris Duhon sucks.

Chris Duhon=Quentin Richadson(2007-2008 New York Knicks Version)

Chris Duhon's 2007-2008 statistics
chris_duhon-arton20945-240x240.jpg

<DT>PPG <DD>5.8 38.7% fg<DT>RPG <DD>1.80 <DT>APG <DD>4.0 <DT class=pralast>EFF <DD class=pralast>+ 7.83
Quentin Richardson's 2007-2008 statistics
q1.jpg

</DD>
<DT>PPG <DD>8.1 35.9% fg<DT>RPG <DD>4.80 <DT>APG <DD>1.8 <DT class=pralast>EFF <DD class=pralast>+ 8.68
See the resemblance?
</DD>

Last edited:

TunerAddict

Starter
You don't get it. Marbury is a top 10 point guard in the NBA.

Don't matter about talent. Marbury isn't top 10. Look at his numbers and his winning percentage. Guy can have all the talent in the world but if he doesn't get it done and doesn't show that talent, it doesn't mean anything.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Don't matter about talent. Marbury isn't top 10. Look at his numbers and his winning percentage. Guy can have all the talent in the world but if he doesn't get it done and doesn't show that talent, it doesn't mean anything.
What has Chris Duhon done? Marbury has done a lot more than him. Duhon averages 5 points for his career and never has and never will be an All Star. Duhon never has and never will make the Olympic team. Duhon never has and never will shoot above 41% from the field. He sucks. I'd take Duhon over Curry, but that's not saying much. Marbury can still average All Star numbers. He just hasn't had the opportunity. In the 2005-2006 season, Larry Brown wanted Marbury to pass the ball more and he wanted Marbury to play shooting guard. In the 2006-2007 season, Isiah Thomas wanted Curry and Crawford to score most of the points. In the 2007-2008 season, Isiah Thomas wanted to bench Marbury for Mardy Collins, and he only played 24 total games.

New New York

Quiet Storm
lol @ self ethering your mom with your dry sarcasm.

My post > your post, I have suscribers; people here still don't even know you. LOL, you mad? I spend less time here too and you try way too hard to get a rep. Just give it up, leeching off me to get famous is really pathetic. Stop, you look like an obsessive maricon.

Who said I wanted Duhon to under preform?

You're making up statements since you have nothing in this arguement.

That was never stated.

I presented the arguement that I expect (level of standard) that Duhon isn't skilled, talented, experienced, and worthy of the starting PG position over Marbury, from pass history and the fact that Marbury is superior overall.

Its only been two preseason games, stop basing your judgment on such little things; it makes you look dumber than you actually are. (congrats on completing such a complex unhumanly task, atleast you do something original for once)

See how it works?

See.

Thats the mentally retarded mentality that leads to failing.

Why not try Curry at PG and see how it works?

IT WOULDN'T.

Theres some basic common knowledge that most people should know, and you're a below average human being, so you wouldn't have an idea.

Marbury isn't an OFF GUARD.

For over 10 years in the NBA, he's been a PG, nothing else. Thats his only position.

Whether its scoring or dishing, Marbury is most COMFORTABLE at PG and his SKILLS are most useful at the PG position.

We've seen Marbury play off guard with Francis, Crawford, Robinson, Collins, etc and other C level quality wanna be PG's...it doesn't work.

Marbury just needs to play a Tony Parker role; unfortunately for Steph, he's never had the supporting cast to be FREE and play that role.

Duhon is a glorified scrub in reality.

there you go again talking about your rep and how much you think I really want one. Look I compare this site to playing Live or 2k, its all just for fun my man.

Now about leeching off you....Fact remains you talk your shit first everytime (just go back and check any thread where we go at it) I just defend my opinions like anyone else would, if you keep it clean then I keep it clean, you talk your usual shit, then I just expose you, not for sake of gaining a rep but just becuase you make me. I mean you say that Clev. fans and management would embrace a trade of Zach Randolph,Curry, and Jefferies and The Cavs will still be as solid on D then I have to say something right? So when you made that claim I did what any fan would do, I called you out on it, you say Kobe never got booed, I know he did, so I have to call you out on it. Thats just how the game is played. Nice tactic though, just claim anyone who calls you on you garbage as trying to live off you:thumbsup:

By the way, didnt you tell me once I was trying to be "e-cool" but you talk about A-List/C-List posters, your rep, and having subscribers more than anyone, who is trying to be e-cool Metro?

Now if you learned how to read you will see that I also said Steph was a superior talent, but, Dantoni is leaning towards a more traditional type PG. Like you said Steph is a Tony Parker type PG. Steph would start hands down in most systems (and I thought for sure in this one too) but for whatever reason Mike D sees it differently

Next point you say I'm mentally retarded for suggesting Steph play the Off Guard, but then that would put in the class with fellow retard Mike Dantoni who has used Steph on the wing in practice and in the two Pre Season games. But I know, you know more than him too! Not to mention in the series against NJ Lenny Wilkens also put Steph at SG at times with Penny running PG to utilize his scoring abilities. I know the NBA All Time winningest coach is a retard as well.

Allow me to sum up your logic:

Zach,Curry and Jefferies trade proposal a good deal for Clevland = Sound judgment on your part

Moving a scoring PG to SG from time to time= retarted

Toons

is the Bo$$
btw, y are we stillt alking about this...lets support duhon, and put sum faith into dantoni

TunerAddict

Starter
What has Chris Duhon done? Marbury has done a lot more than him. Duhon averages 5 points for his career and never has and never will be an All Star. Duhon never has and never will make the Olympic team. Duhon never has and never will shoot above 41% from the field. He sucks. I'd take Duhon over Curry, but that's not saying much. Marbury can still average All Star numbers. He just hasn't had the opportunity. In the 2005-2006 season, Larry Brown wanted Marbury to pass the ball more and he wanted Marbury to play shooting guard. In the 2006-2007 season, Isiah Thomas wanted Curry and Crawford to score most of the points. In the 2007-2008 season, Isiah Thomas wanted to bench Marbury for Mardy Collins, and he only played 24 total games.

Where did I mention Duhon?

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
coming from da dude dat rides on the nuts of Sorry Collins... Not 2 many guys can hav a good winning percentage on a team with Curry as da #1 option.:barf: Top 10 has nothin 2 do with talent... u must b:smokin::weed:. Stick 2 suckin Mardy's nuts.

TunerAddict

Starter
coming from da dude dat rides on the nuts of Sorry Collins... Not 2 many guys can hav a good winning percentage on a team with Curry as da #1 option.:barf: Top 10 has nothin 2 do with talent... u must b:smokin::weed:. Stick 2 suckin Mardy's nuts.

???

I can't comprehend such a juvenile response.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
I am a marbury fan, but above this all I am a knick fan.

Marbury has had the stats, but these were with different teams. With this knick, he hasn't had his career averages, and has not meshed with the other guards.

Duhon isn't that bad of a player. Last season he got little to no minutes, and played in an awful chicago side. Duhon has played two good preseason games. Duhon is a great rebounder for his position, and is one of the few point guards who can get triple doubles.

Duhon and Marbury can both play together and will, play together. Marbury will get his minutes whether he starts or not.

Imo marbury's closest resemblance in the last ten years has been AI, and AI can play the 2 guard, and there is no reason why Marbury should'nt be able to play this position as well.

Duhon has linked well with Zbo and Lee, and from what I have seen should start. Marbury is the knicks most complete player, and deserves his minutes as well.

portega1968

El Cacique
Some people are so fanatical for one player that they'll go as far as hoping that our team loses and sucks at the beginning of the season only to justify starting their player.

It's not right.

I dont think Stephon would want the team to fail just to get his starting slot. Coach is gonna go with Duhon... everyone should just live with that for now and hope everything works out nicely instead of hating on our other players.

Anyways, I think if some people are calling for Marbury to start, they should be asking for him to do it at SG, not PG. Yeah, I know ya'll say he's been a top PG his whole life and that is true. But I believe wholeheartedly that Marbury is a better fit at the 2 in D'Antoni's offense. Maybe in other offenses he's better suited as the playmaker, but in this offense he'll have way more success as a focused scorer instead of having to deal with finding the open man.

So why don't we just let this experiment run it's course and cutoff this bullshit of Steph vs Duhon.

If ya'll gonna fight, make it Steph vs. Crawford.

metrocard

Legend
You really try too hard and sound weak in defending yourself from denying you spend a shitload of internet time in the forum consistantly. Go get a job n*gga, you really sweating my nuts too much.

I sh*t talk because I can, at the same time drop more facts that support the strength of the arguement, while all you can do is contradict your ignorant opinion with sources that don't even support your repeative unoriginal nonsense(Kobe being booed but posting an article saying he was cheered the majority of the game).

You a softie, real soft inside. Don't ask me to keep it clean because you unfortunately take the internet too serious and let insults bother you. Go cry victim.

I'm cool everywhere I go. Online is the only place you attempt to swag, and you constantly fail miserably.
How about you let the keyboard breathe and stop average 294 essays a day on this site? You have the same repeated boring writing pattern sounding like some herb ass guy from PBS doing a random infomercial...you mad robotic, and a putobitch for the media. You really need to do an independent thing and not let the media disort your little mind. You seem to be suckered by every article and have a limited ammount of resources which makes your points unoriginal. You never brought anything new to this site once before.
But hey thanks, we needed an unemployed non-goal oriented loser to post exclusive early articles to save us some time. Keep it up chico.

Duhon isn't the most optimal option at PG.
Marbury is a better passer than Duhon, and also much superior in creating plays for his teammates with his penetration, where as Duhon has his limitations.
Not only Marbury is superior talent wise, but Marbury is very SKILLED and experience; those factors put him ahead of anything. Marbury's defense with relentless effort is as good or better than Duhon's also. Marbury is just a superior all around player. Benching him really isn't going to get optimal results for the team and Marbury.

Duhon started over Hinrich too, Duhon seems to be a coach's pet; but it doesn't always work out for the best of the team. Bulls offense was terrible under Duhon anyway.

You're mentally retarded for a lot of things.
But Marbury playing off guard is a failed idea.
You showcased you've missed out on Knicks ball the last 3 seasons where different head coaches tried Marbury at SG and it failed.

Stop sucking Mike D'Antoni and being his co-sign puppet; do you realize how bored I am doing this whole posting thing with some fool who just follows around and walks in a chain owned by some article writer and new head coach? Be ORIGINAL my maricon...you aint flowing right now.

It doesn't mean a DAMN thing what Lenny Wilkins track record is.
Marbury at SG FAILED.
He was most useful at PG, numbers and game performances have proven this.
You're retarded for believing in a failed IDEA.
I'm not calling professionals retarded, but the fact is that they failed with Marbury at the 2. These are facts, not shots at professionals. I am a fitness professional, and I have standards where I respect other professionals. But as a Knick fan I have every say to mention failure and success within the team. Marbury as a SG is FAIL, all the way.

Let me sum up your logic:

BTW, what is retarted?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Exactly, good point. Why does it seem like the Marbury lovers want Duhon to fail?

I cant speak on behalf of the entire team starbury, I dont believe every member of team starbury wants to see him fail. I dont even believe any knicks fans want to see him fail. I just think hes overrated. Hes not capable of being a starter, hes a good backup at best. Abcd brought up a very good comparison, when he compared q-rich to duhon. Teams with these types of players in the starting lineup go nowhere. Its bad enough we got crawford in the starting lineup....we dont need duhon and q-rich.

Im just hoping that Mike Dantoni comes to his senses and realizes that he needs to put marbury and chandler in the starting lineup. Marbury is better then duhon at everything: passing, scoring, defending, etc. Hes faster, which is better for Dantoni's system. I notice that whenever duhon and marbury are in at the same time, marbury guards the shooting guard which tells me that even d'antoni knows who the better defender is. He knows he made a mistake, hes only starting duhon to save face.

I give duhon credit where its due, hes a good defender. Hes a smart player who doesnt turn the ball over that much, but thats it. Hes a solid backup, not a starter. He had a lucky game the other night, i doubt we'll see him shoot that good again. Even Crawford once scored over 50 points, on a given night anything can happen.

lol @ abcd and shaunyboy destroying tuner maggot :lol:

datruth lost.

New New York

Quiet Storm
You really try too hard and sound weak in defending yourself from denying you spend a shitload of internet time in the forum consistantly. Go get a job n*gga, you really sweating my nuts too much.

I sh*t talk because I can, at the same time drop more facts that support the strength of the arguement, while all you can do is contradict your ignorant opinion with sources that don't even support your repeative unoriginal nonsense(Kobe being booed but posting an article saying he was cheered the majority of the game).

You a softie, real soft inside. Don't ask me to keep it clean because you unfortunately take the internet too serious and let insults bother you. Go cry victim.

I'm cool everywhere I go. Online is the only place you attempt to swag, and you constantly fail miserably.
How about you let the keyboard breathe and stop average 294 essays a day on this site? You have the same repeated boring writing pattern sounding like some herb ass guy from PBS doing a random infomercial...you mad robotic, and a putobitch for the media. You really need to do an independent thing and not let the media disort your little mind. You seem to be suckered by every article and have a limited ammount of resources which makes your points unoriginal. You never brought anything new to this site once before.
But hey thanks, we needed an unemployed non-goal oriented loser to post exclusive early articles to save us some time. Keep it up chico.

Duhon isn't the most optimal option at PG.
Marbury is a better passer than Duhon, and also much superior in creating plays for his teammates with his penetration, where as Duhon has his limitations.
Not only Marbury is superior talent wise, but Marbury is very SKILLED and experience; those factors put him ahead of anything. Marbury's defense with relentless effort is as good or better than Duhon's also. Marbury is just a superior all around player. Benching him really isn't going to get optimal results for the team and Marbury.

Duhon started over Hinrich too, Duhon seems to be a coach's pet; but it doesn't always work out for the best of the team. Bulls offense was terrible under Duhon anyway.

You're mentally retarded for a lot of things.
But Marbury playing off guard is a failed idea.
You showcased you've missed out on Knicks ball the last 3 seasons where different head coaches tried Marbury at SG and it failed.

Stop sucking Mike D'Antoni and being his co-sign puppet; do you realize how bored I am doing this whole posting thing with some fool who just follows around and walks in a chain owned by some article writer and new head coach? Be ORIGINAL my maricon...you aint flowing right now.

It doesn't mean a DAMN thing what Lenny Wilkins track record is.
Marbury at SG FAILED.
He was most useful at PG, numbers and game performances have proven this.
You're retarded for believing in a failed IDEA.
I'm not calling professionals retarded, but the fact is that they failed with Marbury at the 2. These are facts, not shots at professionals. I am a fitness professional, and I have standards where I respect other professionals. But as a Knick fan I have every say to mention failure and success within the team. Marbury as a SG is FAIL, all the way.

Let me sum up your logic:

BTW, what is retarted?

Blah Blah Blah same ol Metro shit. I'm done with you go away!

Really if Im really the one sweatin you then just ignore me then...problem is you can't! Really your last reply shows you have a lot of energy invested in me LOL. That had to have taken twenty minutes to write (and you told your cousin you were doing your homework on the family lap top, shame on you!). You track how often I post, the contents and the length, and I'm on your nuts? Hmmmm

Ok,This has gotten boring, see you next go around when you respond to another one of my post.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I cant speak on behalf of the entire team starbury, I dont believe every member of team starbury wants to see him fail. I dont even believe any knicks fans want to see him fail. I just think hes overrated. Hes not capable of being a starter, hes a good backup at best. Abcd brought up a very good comparison, when he compared q-rich to duhon. Teams with these types of players in the starting lineup go nowhere. Its bad enough we got crawford in the starting lineup....we dont need duhon and q-rich.

Im just hoping that Mike Dantoni comes to his senses and realizes that he needs to put marbury and chandler in the starting lineup. Marbury is better then duhon at everything: passing, scoring, defending, etc. Hes faster, which is better for Dantoni's system. I notice that whenever duhon and marbury are in at the same time, marbury guards the shooting guard which tells me that even d'antoni knows who the better defender is. He knows he made a mistake, hes only starting duhon to save face.

I give duhon credit where its due, hes a good defender. Hes a smart player who doesnt turn the ball over that much, but thats it. Hes a solid backup, not a starter. He had a lucky game the other night, i doubt we'll see him shoot that good again. Even Crawford once scored over 50 points, on a given night anything can happen.

lol @ abcd and shaunyboy destroying tuner maggot :lol:

datruth lost.

comin from a guy who nicknamed duhon "duhoe" for no reason, yeah MSG, u cosistantly retarted in ur posts