Game thread: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers 10:30 1/7/2020 [Game #37]

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time .. Knicks 45 - Lakers 62

RJ cant be playing slow on defense in the 2nd half or Bayshore Danny Green will burn us from the 3 ball line tonight for a blowout.

Kiyaman

Legend
There you go Kiya Dot/Taj in after the poor transition defense..Knicks looking downright awful now I don’t know how you guys watch this mess Knicks down by 17 smh

Coach Miller should've let the 2nd unit (Frank Dotson Knox Portis MitchRob) stay on the court for 7 to 9 min in the 2nd qtr. to get something rolling ..
Not 3 minute !!!

mafra

Legend
Somebody had to remind me today of Lorenzo Charles?s iconic put-back dunk, off the Dereck Whittenburg miss, to win NCAA title in 1983, to give NC St win over HOU.

Fact that they beat Hakeem, Clyde, and HOU but Ewing didn?t. That still bothers me.

Then to endure another 50 loss season, in a year where nobody worth much of anything is coming out of college.

(I wasn?t impressed with Edwards tonight in loss to Kentucky).

To know Riley got last laugh and stuck it to Dolan (MIA has 3 rings to NY 0).... Even Dantoni is winning in HOU... these are dark times, my friends.

Trade deadline can?t get here quick enough.

Maybe we avoid a completely fruitless
WC excursion in Utah?

Broadway

All Star
Lakers length is a problem and they are showing it to be a strength of their team. This is one of the reasons I think a Top team in the West may need to make a move to trade for a big

Clippers and Rockets need to take notice

Broadway

All Star
Somebody had to remind me today of Lorenzo Charles’s iconic put-back dunk, off the Dereck Whittenburg miss, to win NCAA title in 1983, to give NC St win over HOU.

Fact that they beat Hakeem, Clyde, and HOU but Ewing didn’t. That still bothers me.

Then to ensure another 50 loss season, in a year where nobody worth much of anything is coming out of college.

To know Riley got last laugh and stuck it to Dolan (MIA has 3 rings to NY 0).... Even Dantoni is winning in HOU... these are dark times, my friends.

Trade deadline can’t get here quick enough.

Maybe we avoid a completely fruitless
WC in Utah?

The Jazz are the hottest team in the NBA with an excellent Home Record, I highly doubt it!

mafra

Legend
Lakers length is a problem and they are showing it to be a strength of their team. This is one of the reasons I think a Top team in the West may need to make a move to trade for a big

Clippers and Rockets need to take notice

Length and Strength always beats athleticism and shooting.

All this talk about the game changing.... fact remains, that Giannis, LJ, AD, Kawhi... the elite of today?s best in the game.... they dominant you physically until your ironclad facade turns brittle.

mafra

Legend
RJ 7-11 with 14 points. Another night he shows he isn?t fazed by much. In LA, playing against LJ and AD and Rondo and Howard... He don?t care!

mafra

Legend
85-70 after3. RJ leading scorer for NY (17 points).

Knox 0-4 from field (0-2 from FT and 0-1 from downtown).

tiger0330

Legend
Length and Strength always beats athleticism and shooting.

All this talk about the game changing.... fact remains, that Giannis, LJ, AD, Kawhi... the elite of today’s best in the game.... they dominant you physically until your ironclad facade turns brittle.
The game has changed when Dwight Howard attempts and and makes threes. I do agree you have to play smart bball as well like DH taking that 3 in garbage time. Lakers bench went wild when he made that 3.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
Knicks never had a chance without their best player MM tonight.

what a sad commentary when MM is the best player on your team... but there is light at the end of the tunnel.... we r 1/2 way thru the season n can pack for summer vacation real soon

jimkcchief88

All Star
Sorry guys I couldn?t take it and went to bed at the half...looks like we never mustered a comeback blown out by 30:(. RJ rebounded from the 2 quick early fouls to lead the team in scoring. Who wanted RJ benched again in favor of Bullock? Bullock gets on my nerves with his hair shooting all those bricks. That time spent getting his hair colored and braided like a sissy girl would be better spent in the gym working on his broken jumper. And it is a sad commentary that MM is our best player. The failed experiment of team ?power forwards.? The lack of talent on the roster really showed last night. Our guard play is laughable. D Rose is gonna make the all-star team but oh no he wasn?t good enough to keep on our roster. We wanted Peyton, Ellington, Dot, Bullock....what a joke. The lack of talent on this team is a coach career killer. No one should want this job and rightfully so with Mills/Perry stocking the cupboard. Tank rolls on. We need to get what we can for MM, Randle, and anyone else of value and blow up ?team power forwards?and NEVER try that again. This ain?t 1995. Today?s game is a guard?s game with stretch 4/5 that can move and shoot(KP). I don?t wanna hear about Dot/Trier/Ellington/Frank not getting clock. They don?t get clock because they don?t deserve it. We don?t even have a funky honky like Caruso on the bench. Did you see that blow by and reverse flush? SMH:( I give much props to those of you who can actually stomach watching ?team backup power forwards.? I can?t stand it.

jimkcchief88

All Star
And Dallas really fleeced is in that KP trade. Where was DSJR last night???? And we could have used Timjr 20-30 points last night. At least he is an NBA professional scorer unlike Ellington, Peyton, Dot, Trier, Bullock, Frank....

Last edited: