is it possible we don't have a start sg?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Rudy Fernandez is still available but unfortunately we gave up too quickly and signed another bench SG in Mason.

We will regret not having a SG. It is a huge hole in our roster. Unless Azubuike comes back 100% and plays really well. So until then, we don't have a starting SG.

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
i dont understand why portland will not takw WC cause hes a small foward and didnt they lose outlaw they starting SF

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Rudy Fernandez is still available but unfortunately we gave up too quickly and signed another bench SG in Mason.

We will regret not having a SG. It is a huge hole in our roster. Unless Azubuike comes back 100% and plays really well. So until then, we don't have a starting SG.

Azubuike probably needs a good 20 games. He hasn't played in an NBA in almost one year. We won't have a starting caliber SG for a good month and a half probably.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Batum is going to be the starting SF in POR, he's way better than WC.
And it were the Knicks who didnt' want to give up Chandler for Fernandez, which I wouldn't have done either. I'd rather wait & see how the combo of Mason and Azubuike works out.
Anyway, did we have a starting SG since Allan Houston (I consider Crawford as 6th man, not starter material!)?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Azubuike.

Isn't Fernandez still available? I don't recall he's been traded...the Knicks could still conceivably get him, can't they? Maybe we'll trade Chandler + Mason for Fernandez.

Frankly I'm OK with waiting to trade for Rudy

pakopako

Benchwarmer
From NBA.com:
No. 27 -- DETROIT PISTONS
Normally I don't like proferring trade advice -- it's talk radio schtick -- but in this case, I have to: the Pistons should ... move Rip Hamilton to the Knicks for Eddy Curry. Yes, that Eddy Curry. Doesn't matter if he plays a minute; where is Detroit going next season other than right back to Secaucus for the 2011 Lottery? So bite the bullet, give ... Hamilton a chance to shine in the Knicks' tailor-made-for-him attack, send Curry quickly on his way and bide your time for the Summer of '11, when the Pistons would then be in a much better position to go after the likes of Carmelo Anthony or make an offer for Chris Paul.

wow, just the other day I was talking to some one about "Rip" fitting in well with this offense. He has one of the sweetest mid range jump shots in the game, I've been cheering this guy on since he played for Uconn. He can spread the floor and will look pretty good playing along side Stat, Mello and company...

A SG filler 4sure.
If the Knicks can get him I'll be very happy with the move...depending on what we gave up in return...

Paul1355

All Star
We are fine.

We have cap space. good players to trade as Chandler.
and we don't have a starting sg omg
Walker, Azabuke, and Mason Jr. have all been starters and can be the starting SG....i don't see what the problem is.

Walker is more of a SG now because he lost 20 pounds and is faster, where last year his weight made him more of a small SF.

Azabuke if he is 100% healthy can be a good starter and is great in the fast break and is known to be one of the top perimeter defenders on any team.

Mason Jr can shoot the ball and in clutch spots.

Expect Azabuke to get the start with Mason and Walker sharing about 9 min per game. Role plyer minutes.