Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Cleveland Cavaliers 7:30 11/13/2017 [Game #13]

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
It is a tough loss, we could not guard the 3 for the whole 4th quarter, and of course they got lucky..... we played great in the first 3 quarters but then relaxed, we forgot that we are playing against Lebron....
I guess with the talents we have we can go all the way, we don't need to tank, remember that all our players are still developing and they will be better....

and1

Rotation player
damn, already everyone talking about doom and gloom. we're 7 and 3 in the last 10 games, folks. the sky is not falling. yeesh.
if you want to cheer yourself up about this game, go and find that locker room interview with lebron after they lost to the hawks. that is some funny stuff. the dude looked TIGHT, getting annoyed with everyone's questions and sucking his teeth like some spoiled princess hahaha.
we choked in the 4th quarter, simple as that. it will probably happen again, but it doesn't mean doom and gloom.
we're 7 and 3 in the last 10 games. we are going in a good direction. don't get all caught up in the little bitch ass mind games leprincess likes to play.

and1

Rotation player
You don't know if it's "soul-crushing". Let's see how this team is the next game. Even those huge wins against the Pacers and Hornets it took a LOT for them to win it. It's still very early in the season.

i agree. the next few games will tell us a lot about this team. let's see how they respond to this.
by the way, i knew the knicks were going to lose this game right before it started. know how? i was listening to it on the radio and they announced that at halftime they were going to have marc berman for an interview. the knicks always lose every game he's scheduled for an espn interview at halftime. that's a fact lmao.

mafra

Legend
?He?s strong in the post. He is who he is,? said Porzingis of James? defense. ?I should have used that better, my length. But it was very physical. He is who he is. I should have been maybe smarter in those situations and make a better play.

?The respect will be earned in the future.?

tiger0330

Legend
I’m glad I was watching Mizzou blow out some bums instead of watching the Knicks blow that game:(

It was a great game despite the loss. The boys were doing it w/o Porzingis. MSG was going crazy with the D stealing balls and turning them into dunks. Games like these are going to happen, I'm ready for Frank to take the reins after this game.

jimkcchief88

All Star
It was a great game despite the loss. The boys were doing it w/o Porzingis. MSG was going crazy with the D stealing balls and turning them into dunks. Games like these are going to happen, I'm ready for Frank to take the reins after this game.

The highlights looked exciting; our Knicks are on their way back to relevance and respectability; that being said you gotta win games like that. I watched the score tracker last night as the big lead evaporated waiting for KP to take over. Instead he missed free throws down the stretched and lost the heads up battle with Lebron. That?s nothing to be embarrassed about, but at some point you have to take the giant leap. I know tank fans are happy with loses, but as a competitor losses are NEVER good. You have to learn to WIN. I know it?s hard to hold a big lead over a great team over four quarters, but cmon. You allow KK of all people to kill you from deep and give up a 40 point 4th quarter??? You gotta learn to close games.

Last edited:
Has it really come to this for Lebron? Picking fights, including on the court, with a rookie who has done nothing but take the high road. Talking crap about Kanter when all Kanter has done is get his teammate's back. When's the last time Lebron had anyone's back? Maybe we should ask Kyrie and Love...

Now, Lebron is the "King of NY". Nope. Lebron. Nope. You were afraid to come here. Ran and hid behind Wade's legs in Miami. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Ntilkina is now 3rd in the NBA in steals per game even though he has played less minutes per game than any player in the top 50. Now, I just need him to get in the top 5 in the NBA for assists per game and my prediction will already be true.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Has it really come to this for Lebron? Picking fights, including on the court, with a rookie who has done nothing but take the high road. Talking crap about Kanter when all Kanter has done is get his teammate's back. When's the last time Lebron had anyone's back? Maybe we should ask Kyrie and Love...

Now, Lebron is the "King of NY". Nope. Lebron. Nope. You were afraid to come here. Ran and hid behind Wade's legs in Miami. Nope. Nope. Nope.

But it worked and Lebron won. He played us just like the playground bully on the basketball court. Lebron is savy, got into our boys head, and then pulled off a historic comeback. You how to beat the bully on the basketball court???? Win the game. Winning shuts up the bully, not tanking, not being satisfied with ?only losing by 3.? Lebron wouldn?t have been cheesing in the postgame cracking jokes with his perfectly groomed beard if he had lost:(

But it worked and Lebron won. He played us just like the playground bully on the basketball court. Lebron is savy, got into our boys head, and then pulled off a historic comeback. You how to beat the bully on the basketball court???? Win the game. Winning shuts up the bully, not tanking, not being satisfied with “only losing by 3.” Lebron wouldn’t have been cheesing in the postgame cracking jokes with his perfectly groomed beard if he had lost:(

I don't know, man. I think you're giving Lebron too much credit here. He looks like a babbling idiot in all this.

First Lebron talks up a rookie on the team with the worst record in the NBA. Then he babbles on about how what he was really doing was taking shots at PJ (super relevant months after the guy was fired). Then he picks a fight on the court with Ntilkina. Then he says he is the king of New York. Lebron is all over the place right now. Win or lose, he's making a fool of himself on his 0.500 team while Kyrie has taken his game to another level and despite losing Hayward in game 1, has the Celtics sitting at 12 - 2.

During the day, Lebron James babbles on about wishing how the Knicks drafted Dennis Smith, Jr.
During the night, Lebron James lies in bed wishing the Cavs had traded Kyrie Irving for Frank Ntilikina.

#LebronJamesSadTruth
#NotMyKing
#DefenseWinsButYouAlreadyKnewThatLebron

mafra

Legend
Lebron is a front-runner.... screw him. The only reason they won last night was b/c Korver got hot (something KK couldn't do last june vs GSW) and KP allowed CLE to dictate what he wanted to do. Oh, then there were those 3 missed FTs and the gift 3 JR nailed after LJ walked halfway across the continent.

As for the tanking.... nobody is actively rooting for a loss during the game. Nobody is hoping we play poorly. Each loss still stings. Sure, I would much rather have a game 5 (or is it 7?) in the first round.... even if we lose.... b/c a playoff battle will do more for KP then picking higher in the lottery.

With that said, we in the Let's Tank gang simply see the value in each loss, as it contributes to our long term goal. We want to build a title team.... not build a .500 team that competes on a nightly basis.

If we can snag a blue chip SF in this draft.... our rebuild is basically complete. Add water and give it time after that.... compliment roster with a trade or free agent signing.

So.... anyway.... this season will
Be determined what happens next few weeks. With all these home games.... it's imperative this team Bank some wins. Road trip December is coming and who knows what happens to KP come Jan and Feb.

Blowing this game to CLE hurts bc it was a win and now it's a loss. We would've guaranteed at least a tie in season series with cle....
Now we got punked.

It's OK tho. KP struggles vs CLe. We move on. We shall see what this loss did to our ego come tomorrow night. Here comes Utah.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well coach Hornacek i have a few questions for u ???
Why didnt u take the same bench-lineup that ended the 3rd quarter to let them start the 4th qtr?
I'm really curious, why did u start the Knick starters at the start of the 4th quarter?
Especially, when the bench players were playing so well to slow down the Cavs come-back to end the 3rd quarter.

The Knicks starters were effective in the game, but they were not as effective as the Knicks bench players that stretch the lead to 23 points .. Frank, Mcderm, Lance Thomas, and Quinn .. Our 4 bench players plus Dotson should have started the 4th qtr. .. I would have accepted the Cavs 4th qtr. come back win much better ..
The Cavs 3 point shooter Kover hitting all those 3's, then JR's 3, if the Cavs done that on our young-core bench-players it wouldn't have made the Knicks as a team look so bad.

I thought winning coaches rest their starters at the start of the 4th quarter (having a 15 pt lead) to have a rested starting lineup full of energy and insight to close out the win in the final 8 to 6 minutes of the game.
Maybe Hornacek is not a winning coach!

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
We lost the game but we won much more in bonding and team chemistry..... I hope that will last and we see more of the Oak on the playground