Knicks @ Houston - Fri, Nov 23 @ 8:00pm - Jeremy f'ing Schmeremy

Kiyaman

Legend
what do you mean we and you have a Lin avatar and gonna say he got the last laugh, he didn't do **** this game he was average definitely worth 25mil though

**** outta here with this bull**** this game was lost by us not won by the Rockets and damn sure not won by Lin

u and Takman are in DENIAL .... Everyone seen the writing on the wall, even Jason Kidd went into relax-mode in this game when he seen it was personal in the first quarter .. Lin & Douglas team-leadership vs Melo & Felton team-leadership.

We had NO-Ball movement at all for 48 minutes .... Why?

I watched a Knicks vs Rocket game which had 35 minutes of NO-Defense at all from Melo & JR, and 30 minutes of NO-Defense from Felton, plus Melo taking half of his 24 shots from the 3-ball line and the other 12 shots were practically jumpers with Melo having long conferences with the referee about a no-foul call while the ball in motion down court. Melo gave up 7 turnovers to two hated defenders (ex-Knicks) Douglas & Lin who attacked Melo everytime he put the ball on the floor, plus having a young Patterson boxing-out PF-Melo from entering the paint (4 rebounds), while Harden & Parson both receive several screens by teammates to score 31 points (a piece) on defenders Melo, Novak, and JR .. Yeah right! Lin & Douglas personal grudge of run-run energy getting payback against Melo had nothing to do with the Knicks playing pathetic basketball.

Tyson Chandler 28 minutes of embarrassement being double-punk by Asik & Patterson in the paint shouldve seen the writing on the wall and join-hands with Rasheed, Camby, and Stat on the side line .. Tyson Chandler frontcourt bigmen leadership got out-rebounded by Houston Rockets 49 to 30 ....

The Knicks played pathetic basketball in a 131-103 LOSS to the Houston Rockets .. I guess the bright side of it all is Carmelo Anthony scored 37 points .. while Knicks commentators reminded Knicks fans that Felton had a better stat record than Lin in this game .... LOL who got the big W for a team-performance scoring 131 points???? where was the Knicks DEFENSE? u have to be in denial if u didnt see Lin, Douglas, Harden, Parson, Paterson, and Asik's DEFENSE...

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
u and Takman are in DENIAL .... Everyone seen the writing on the wall, even Jason Kidd went into relax-mode in this game when he seen it was personal in the first quarter .. Lin & Douglas team-leadership vs Melo & Felton team-leadership.

I watched a Knicks vs Rocket game which had 35 minutes of NO-Defense at all from Melo & JR, and 30 minutes of NO-Defense from Felton, plus Melo taking half of his 24 shots from the 3-ball line and the other 12 shots were practically jumpers with Melo having long conferences with the referee about a no-foul call while the ball in motion down court. Melo gave up 7 turnovers to two hated defenders (ex-Knicks) Douglas & Lin who attacked Melo everytime he put the ball on the floor, plus having a young Patterson boxing-out PF-Melo from entering the paint (4 rebounds), while Harden & Parson both receive several screens by teammates to score 31 points (a piece) on defenders Melo, Novak, and JR .. Yeah right! Lin & Douglas personal grudge of run-run energy getting payback against Melo had nothing to do with the Knicks playing pathetic basketball.

Tyson Chandler 28 minutes of embarrassement being double-punk by Asik & Patterson in the paint shouldve seen the writing on the wall and join-hands with Rasheed, Camby, and Stat on the side line .. Tyson Chandler frontcourt bigmen leadership got out-rebounded by Houston Rockets 49 to 30 ....

The Knicks played pathetic basketball in a 131-103 LOSS to the Houston Rockets .. I guess the bright side of it all is Carmelo Anthony scored 37 points .. while Knicks commentators reminded Knicks fans that Felton had a better stat record than Lin in this game .... LOL who got the big W for a team-performance scoring 131 points???? where was the Knicks DEFENSE? u have to be in denial if u didnt see Lin, Douglas, Harden, Parson, Paterson, and Asik's DEFENSE...

He's baaaaaaack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
Just read the Hang Time blog on NBA.com and the guy who wrote it must REALLY hate the Knicks. Yes we have lost the last two games, and lost them shockingly, but saying the 6-0 start is fading and the Knicks will never be a contender is BS. Yes the last two games were bad, but the 8 wins this season (including thumping the Heat) didn't happen by accident. I'm sure now with a bit of rest and a few home games coming up we will get back to winning ways. Just wanted to post about that blog as I thought it was a crock of ****e!

:gony:

The Blog is hard to swallow after a 8-1 start .. but the big decrease in ball movement, the lack of help defense on the wing and in the paint, with an increase of players arguing with the refferee while the ball is still in play the last two game losses vs lottery-teams (Mavs & Rockets) makes it extra hard to swallow .. especially when the Knicks are considered a top defensive-team, but give up 101 points in 3 quarters in one of the two losses.

Skepticism will grow if the Knicks dont beat (lottery) Detroit Pistons by 20 points, plus holding Detroit under 90 points.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, there are several factors that made this game disgusting and painful to watch:

- Rebounding: again, there no excuse for not playing Camby when we're getting crushed on the boards. We were outrebounded 49:30, Chandler got only 7 boards, Carmelo, who's a solid rebounder, only 4. With Rasheed out Woody earned the Dumbest Coach of the Week award for not giving Camby considerable PT. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want Amare back, I really do, there is no way we're going to get worse on boards with the frontcourt of Carmelo, Amare and Tyson;

- Offense: or actually lack thereof. I don't care how much iso-ball we play as long as Carmelo makes his shots. But, lack of ball movement has been killing us lately, I'm tired of our offense being so much predictable, it's give it to Melo or let Ray shoot the ball all the way down. Besides, it's been too much of live or die by the three as of late. Again, we need Amare back, we need his inside J and we need his ability to power dunk the ball right in someone's face. And last but not least, bench Novak, he's not doing ****. I love the guy, but if he's not making his shots he's pretty much useless;

- Defense: I've been constantly asking myself: WHAT THE **** ARE THEY DOING OUT THERE!? Chandler is a non factor, Melo keeps whining about the calls instead of getting his ass back to defense, Kidd isn't able any 2 guard in this league. It's about the damn time to move Carmelo back to his natural position and play a balanced lineup of Ray, Brewer, Melo, Kurt and Tyson.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ok... I'm really getting tired of Camby sitting out games. He's a ****ing former DPOY and just came off a season where he averaged 9.3 rpg and 1.5 bpg. You don't leave a guy like that on the bench all game. You would think that a defensive coach would adjust after seeing his interior defense being torn apart. I really don't understand why Camby is riding the bench while Wallace is getting all the minutes and Novak is still in games while being non existent on offense. And btw there has to be something wrong with Chandler, his interior defense is no where near as good as it was last year or in Dallas. Is he playing injured?

Something is very-very fishy about Camby only playing in 4 games out of the 11 games .. Woody's article on Camby being healthy to play in all regular season games shows Woody wants to play Camby.
Camby is an old-head veteran inwhich a veteran coach ask the old-head veterans are they ready to play before the game ....
Do Camby have issues? Hell Yeah! with Dolan personally trading him to Denver for not showing up to one of Dolan's function during the offseason .. plus Camby still has issues about Denver quick decision at trading him to the Clippers for nothing in return 2008 offseason .. which had Melo written all over that trade when Camby mention teammates must play defense in the playoffs.

nuckles2k2

Superstar

1274465753023.gif

TakMan

Rotation player

Sorry mate but I believe you are absolutely wrong here. Placing any sort of emphasis on this game as if it was THE game where everything fell apart, and attributing it to Lin/Douglas is (in my opinion) a simplistic approach. If you watched the Dallas game, you would have noticed the exact same pathogens that we displayed last night. Chandler played the way he's been playing all season, and our defence was just as bad as the Dallas game, thus we made stars out of Harden and Parsons in the same way we made Mayo and Carter look better than they are. The signs of iso ball and lack of ball movement were first to be seen at the Dallas game. Yesterday's loss had nothing to do with Houston and -in particular- Lin (who also had high TO levels and even another airball from three if I recall) and had everything to do with our approach, coupled with Woodson's inability/refusal to adjust when it became obvious that defensive cohesion was not occurring. Ronnie Brewer is our best perimeter defender yet he only gets 15 minutes of game time. An amputated Camby could defend better than Chandler has been defending all season yet he gets zero minutes yet again. Woodson is starting to show signs of obsession with particular players and this is not good; but make no mistake about it. Houston didn't win this game, we lost it.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
Why is this guy talking like Lin and td beat us?

Anyways...
I really miss shump. He would have put pressure before they even touched half court. That's what knicks have been missing.

New strategy if the refs starts calling pity pat fouls. Foul harder. Nobody seems have the guts to do it except Tyson. Start running plays that runs into refs and make them a part of the game.

Break the rim. This **** works. Punching fire extinguisher does not.

bigapple

Starter
i dont remember such devastation to knicks. Even miami didnt loose in such score. Knicks didnt existed was no D Tyson worst ever game . game to forget.Why knicks allways loose when they trading former players.

elcol

Rotation player
We are isolating Melo way too much again instead of starting the game off with ball movement. This is causing the Knicks to get off to a horrible tempo that is dictated by the rockets. Its not that we can't score by isolating melo, but it doesn't get the other four involved in the game. Hes scoring more because he isn't swinging the ball out on the double team, which he is taking and scoring on. We are really losing our defensive intensity and every rebound in a battle for us. Teams are starting to expose us on the inside by either posting up a solid big man or simply attacking the basket. Woodson has got to stop playing small.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I may be wrong but did Tyson play every second of the first quarter in the last two games and then about three to four minutes in the second quarter without sitting down? I may be wrong so maybe someone can put me straight. I kept sitting there thinking he`ll sit in a minute and Camby will come in but no.

Watching last nights game was like watching D`Antoni ball. No D, settling for the three and what the hell has happened to Woodsons substitutions? Marcus Camby must be hurt or maybe unfit in some way. Why else would you DNP him when we are struggling with interior d and being destroyed on the boards? It should be automatic, Tyson sits, camby comes in.

erivera

Benchwarmer
i loved how woodson said the past two games the knicks have been trying to outscore the opponent as opposed to getting stops yet he sits brewer for almost the whole game and doesn't put in camby.

also on offense he's gotta stop isolating melo. there was one play where they did it three straight times. the results were a deflection out of bounds, defensive foul, and offensive foul turnover.

all in all im sure they'll figure it out. i cant see a veteran team like this not figuring it out.

We are isolating Melo way too much again instead of starting the game off with ball movement. This is causing the Knicks to get off to a horrible tempo that is dictated by the rockets. Its not that we can't score by isolating melo, but it doesn't get the other four involved in the game. Hes scoring more because he isn't swinging the ball out on the double team, which he is taking and scoring on. We are really losing our defensive intensity and every rebound in a battle for us. Teams are starting to expose us on the inside by either posting up a solid big man or simply attacking the basket. Woodson has got to stop playing small.

This basically is all you need to know.

pat

Starter
u and Takman are in DENIAL .... Everyone seen the writing on the wall, even Jason Kidd went into relax-mode in this game when he seen it was personal in the first quarter .

I watched a Knicks vs Rocket game which had 35 minutes of NO-Defense at all from Melo & JR, and 30 minutes of NO-Defense from Felton,

Don't act as if this was mental. Kiya, I fully agree with you. The reason why everything went so smoothly in the first games was that everybody seemed to make an effort on D. Everybody got involved, JR Smith passed the ball to the open man and Melo dived for loose balls. If the intensity goes out of the window, so does the success. If Melo is going to fall back into his old patterns of trying to win it by himself (and the same goes for JR), we cannot compete on the highest level. Woodson is sending the wrong signs by sticking to "his guns" in this situation.
Obviously we are capable of competing with the elite teams, however, only if we get certain things right and at the moment we do not.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
I dont get it, a bucket is a bucket, anytime Carmelo iso's people complain, he scored 37 efficient points and only about 10 off of iso

We didn't lose cause of iso ball, hell he only started scoring when no once else could

pat

Starter
I dont get it, a bucket is a bucket, anytime Carmelo iso's people complain, he scored 37 efficient points and only about 10 off of iso

We didn't lose cause of iso ball, hell he only started scoring when no once else could

This is not fantasy NBA. Of course a bucket is a bucket but you are missing the psychological component. As a team mate would you feel better getting touches or running 15 trip on offense without having the ball in your hands once? What would you do if you had it in your hand all of a sudden? You wouldn't pass it, but jack up a shot because you might not get another chance to do so.
Also I did not say a word about isos. I talked about effort on the defensive end. Melo has to lead by example (which he has done brilliantly in the first 5 games).

CA7

Scoring Champ
This is not fantasy NBA. Of course a bucket is a bucket but you are missing the psychological component. As a team mate would you feel better getting touches or running 15 trip on offense without having the ball in your hands once? What would you do if you had it in your hand all of a sudden? You wouldn't pass it, but jack up a shot because you might not get another chance to do so.
Also I did not say a word about isos. I talked about effort on the defensive end. Melo has to lead by example (which he has done brilliantly in the first 5 games).

wasn't coming at you, I just been reading this all over the web how Melo went back to his old ways and its far from the truth

he got his 37 pretty much in the flow of the offense, the same offense we ran the first 10 games. The Houston loss was about effort and defense. JR the same he was playing the same way the 1st 10 games shots were just falling

the fan base uses iso-ball as excuses toooooooooo much, its normal for players to do such. I hate reading that because its not an analysis of our team plays and it shows guys dont know anything

Anthony/Smith are being used like Nowitski/Terry if you cant see that then you dont know basketball

not you Pat, just guys in general

pat

Starter
he got his 37 pretty much in the flow of the offense, the same offense we ran the first 10 games. The Houston loss was about effort and defense. JR the same he was playing the same way the 1st 10 games shots were just falling

Not exactly. The effort on D was not there (for both of them) and then the amount of shots cannot be justified. Team mates will tolerate a lot if you put in the effort on D and if your shots are not falling you need to mix it up a lot more.

If you are not doing that Woodson has to send the right signal to the whole squad: Bench those who are not defending well. People called out D'Antoni a lot for that, yet defense was not even a part of his game plan. It is part of the identity Woodson is trying to establish so he has to be consistent even if that means losing a game or two: If your not working your ass of on D, you're not going to see a lot of minutes. It's as easy as that.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Not exactly. The effort on D was not there (for both of them) and then the amount of shots cannot be justified. Team mates will tolerate a lot if you put in the effort on D and if your shots are not falling you need to mix it up a lot more.

If you are not doing that Woodson has to send the right signal to the whole squad: Bench those who are not defending well. People called out D'Antoni a lot for that, yet defense was not even a part of his game plan. It is part of the identity Woodson is trying to establish so he has to be consistent even if that means losing a game or two: If your not working your ass of on D, you're not going to see a lot of minutes. It's as easy as that.

I said the effort wasn't there but no one was playing D, no one regardless of that Melo and JR are our best 2 scorers, I'm not sacrificing their shots for other guys unless their open

Early on in the game we tried moving the ball and nothing was happening and Houston started pulling away so what happens next is you get Carmelo going and boom we're back in the game

Regardless of anything we had 22 assists, we shot 43% from 3

We lost due to rebounding 49-30 Houston and defense 51% FG, 56% 2's and 89% FT's

Harden shot more FT's then our entire team as well