Game Thread(Game 55) Bucks vs Knicks 7:30pm

mafra

Legend
Ian Begley reporting NYK have received offers and overtures for WHG, Lee and KOQ.

Ante just took about 5 steps for a layup (and watching him dribble a basketball makes you cringe).

tiger0330

Legend
That kind of night a 60 yr old Jason Terry steals the ball from Kanter and Beas gets a 2 taken away on a Kanter foul. Now THJ goes out limping with what looks like a reinjury of his stress fracture.

tiger0330

Legend
Ian Begley reporting NYK have received offers and overtures for WHG, Lee and KOQ.

Ante just took about 5 steps for a layup (and watching him dribble a basketball makes you cringe).
I would have done Vaughn plus that second for Quinn.

About as bad as it can get tonight. Not sure why Hornacek gets to keep his job. We?re 9 games under 0.500. Hornacek barely plays our young guys, let alone develops them. Hard to imagine anyone doing a worse job than he is doing.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 15

Broadway

All Star
At least NYK pick up a game on ATL & ORL. Let’s solidify our top ten draft standing!

I always believed we had a legit shot to catch several teams as far back as 3 weeks ago. At the same time I don't want to see guys go down beat up and crippled to get there. Kanter's walk to the bench was a tough watch, he is without question a KNICK...dude wears his heart on his sleeve

tiger0330

Legend
About as bad as it can get tonight. Not sure why Hornacek gets to keep his job. We’re 9 games under 0.500. Hornacek barely plays our young guys, let alone develops them. Hard to imagine anyone doing a worse job than he is doing.
Thats all about to change. THJ is probably out again for an extended period with that stress leg injury. KP is out at least a few games with a knee sprain, maybe out for the season if its an ACL or MCL. Pretty sure Mills and Perry aren't buying at the deadline and huddle with Horn and tell him the goal for the rest of the way is to play the young guys.

mafra

Legend
Let?s be honest, this team is going nowhere this season. There?s really no reason to play KP or Timmy anymore, until they are 125% healthy. In fact, I err on the side of caution and ?rest/sit? them as much as possible.

Why?

1- Lets start WHG and give him KP?s spot. Let him develop and showcase his potential. This way, his trade value goes up so if we want to trade him before the draft.... his value is higher (or he proves to be untouchable).

2- It?s all about the ?L? right now. Shelving 1 or both (KP and THjr) helps the tank cause.

3- Why risk impacting KP or Timmy?s future? We need them healthy for the entire offseason, so they can improve for 2019 season.

Look, I, too, don?t want to see losses piling up bc of injuries.... so we should treat these injuries with grave seriousness.

tiger0330

Legend
They usually wait until the next day to do an MRI. Knicks want to do it tonight, not a good sign.
Just as I said not a good sign they 're doing the MRI tonight. Knicks chief of surgery Lisa Callahan also briefed Mills and Perry and Isola said their body language didn't look good while they were talking.

[FONT=&quot]An orthopedic surgeon who watched a replay of Porzingis landing awkwardly on his left knee after dunking on Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo would only say "that didn't look good." Within 20 minutes of the injury, Porzingis was already on his way to the hospital which is a sure sign that the Knicks are concerned. Normally, the Knicks wait until the morning to schedule an MRI for one of their players.[/FONT]

jimkcchief88

All Star
This season is over...the ghost of Fail-Jackson haunts this team: the Noah contract and picking Frank over our American born and bred ballers. I?ll say that again this the NBA not the Premier League. We need guys that grew up here and know our game and how we play it not guys who learn our hoops culture on worldstar hip hop.com:( The dunk contest is going to be a show of what could and should have been for us Knicks fans😡

Broadway

All Star
Let’s be honest, this team is going nowhere this season. There’s really no reason to play KP or Timmy anymore, until they are 125% healthy. In fact, I err on the side of caution and “rest/sit” them as much as possible.

Why?

1- Lets start WHG and give him KP’s spot. Let him develop and showcase his potential. This way, his trade value goes up so if we want to trade him before the draft.... his value is higher (or he proves to be untouchable).

2- It’s all about the “L” right now. Shelving 1 or both (KP and THjr) helps the tank cause.

3- Why risk impacting KP or Timmy’s future? We need them healthy for the entire offseason, so they can improve for 2019 season.

Look, I, too, don’t want to see losses piling up bc of injuries.... so we should treat these injuries with grave seriousness.

Remember we said about 3 weeks ago we should've got into a practice of sitting #kporzee? Developing and planning for this up coming draft is how our front office should be earning their pay.

#kporzee has been slowing down for some time now...but No we just had to prove ourselves against the mighty Nets and Suns. Sure did find a way to sit him against GSW though, sucker move I'll never forget for this season. We always operate in dysfunction and never with any forsight. Sounds like we were rushing THJR back from his stress fracture all because we're mathematically clutching the 8th seed

I hope #kporzee understands this himself as his career goes along in that it's not worth the detriment of long term for short term satisfaction

Broadway

All Star
Just as I said not a good sign they 're doing the MRI tonight. Knicks chief of surgery Lisa Callahan also briefed Mills and Perry and Isola said their body language didn't look good while they were talking.

An orthopedic surgeon who watched a replay of Porzingis landing awkwardly on his left knee after dunking on Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo would only say "that didn't look good." Within 20 minutes of the injury, Porzingis was already on his way to the hospital which is a sure sign that the Knicks are concerned. Normally, the Knicks wait until the morning to schedule an MRI for one of their players.

SAD!!!! this could have been avoided possibly

This better be the last time we call ourselves playing for 9-8th seed. I'm tired of this, it never works :fury: :fury: :fury:

Now he's damaged goods and can't even been included on trades and probably won't be ready to start the season

jimkcchief88

All Star
SAD!!!! this could have been avoided possibly

This better be the last time we call ourselves playing for 9-8th seed. I'm tired of this, it never works :fury: :fury: :fury:

Now he's damaged goods and can't even been included on trades and probably won't be ready to start the season

I don?t think you sit your young ?star? just to protect him. I just think it goes back to the question of can KP with his frail frame survive the rigorous 82 game NBA season???? So far the answer is NO. Tank fans should be doing cartwheels. This team may not win another game this season. Throw Beas into KP?s spot and let the fun begin. Horn won?t be able to bury Beas in the messy rotation anymore. Even Willy might get some clock. What a hot mess this franchise continues to be😓

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don?t think you sit your young ?star? just to protect him. I just think it goes back to the question of can KP with his frail frame survive the rigorous 82 game NBA season???? So far the answer is NO. Tank fans should be doing cartwheels. This team may not win another game this season. Throw Beas into KP?s spot and let the fun begin. Horn won?t be able to bury Beas in the messy rotation anymore. Even Willy might get some clock. What a hot mess this franchise continues to be
Anything is possible with this organization.