The Official Eddy Curry Sucks Thread

Will Mike D'Antoni's run and gun style work on the Knicks?

• Yes, D'Antoni's style will work for the Knicks.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No, we need defense.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't Know; only time will tell.

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toons

is the Bo$$
nah dogg, ur one of those who are rational with ur thoughts, theres no need to send a pm, quite frankly i dont care to kno mainly because thats their opinion. I believe crawford can thrive in the new system if he has a reduced role and less minutes so he can stay fresh, others think crawford has no game and is incapable of playing at a higher level. Those that are just fans dont realize how it is playing on a team that sucks, i have....and those who ball on a regualr know that if u play with sorry guys, u dont play with passion.....if u play on a team with guys that can play, u seem to up your game and hustle more, mainly because u have to prove yourself. Personally, i wouldnt sacrifice my body and hustle on a sorry team and risk injury (not an excuse) but these things can affect you mentally.
I cosign ur post tho, and maybe i just graze over the curry love because i filter foolishness from reality while i browse this site.

Toons

is the Bo$$
you never said steph can do no wrong, but many others do. A lot of people say steph has no blame....i dont think theres need to call them out. Its quite obvious

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think Crawford could play well this year, but it all depends on his role. If D'Antoni tries to give him 39.9 minutes per game, it's not going to work out. However, if he plays Crawford 28-30 minutes, I could see him contributing in a positive way. I hope he plays well, because I'm not too high on Quentin Richardson and Mardy Collins. Their field goal percentages make Crawford look like Ray Allen, when it comes to field goal accuracy.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
I think Crawford could play well this year, but it all depends on his role. If D'Antoni tries to give him 39.9 minutes per game, it's not going to work out. However, if he plays Crawford 28-30 minutes, I could see him contributing in a positive way. I hope he plays well, because I'm not too high on Quentin Richardson and Mardy Collins. Their field goal percentages make Crawford look like Ray Allen, when it comes to field goal accuracy.

with all the PG's and forwards, we should have a backup SG spot filled easily, Q-Rich, Chandler, Marbury, those three can come in any time to play the 2 spot so Crawford shouldnt get all the minutes. After hearing many analysist and news lately about many guys..Q Rich lost enough wait to be faster on the floor which is a huge plus, Chandler is becoming a SF dream with the acception of also playing 2 when Crawford is benched, plus Chandler can block which could make Mardy Collins non-existent come season time. And Marbury might have not had great successs at a 2 guard before but in this stystem, i expect most players to do better offensively. With Duhon or Nate playing point...Marbs can come in and play a 2 anytime. There are many possiblities.

metrocard

Legend
this thread is unnescessary....how is curry overrated? nobody gives him props...he dosent get heat because he isnt worth it....curry has no dimension, therefore he is not one dimensional. there are no curry-sexuals, just because someone is optimistic about a player on a team they love, dosent make them a nut-hugger.....
if marbury can do no wrong, then ur a "starburian" lmao
if u like ANY other player on the team, ur a whatever-sexual
this thread needs to be closed...no1 is gonna argue for curry

1212010044628.jpg

jimkcchief88

All Star
Talk about haters. You worship a guy that is arguably the most overpaid athelete in the known sports universe, but yet you dog guys that actually show up and play. Is Eddy overweight?? YES. Have you seen pictures of his family? He will be fighting his weight for the rest of his life. Does he still need to develop. Sure. But he is far from worthless. Remember he NEVER went to college. Back in the day he would have had four years somewhere to develop and learn to train. Instead he jumped to support his family. He should only be a 3-4 year pro at best. How long did it take Jermain O'neal to develop??? Eddy has agility and soft hands that can't be taught. Hopefully when our point guard situation is sorted out, he will be productive again. I am rooting for E-city and every other Knick fan should be to because he is our center.

jimkcchief88

All Star
And you want that because that would be a positive for the team? I guess as long as we all get the honor and previlege to witness another season of Stephon Marbury running the point guard position it doesn't matter what our record is.

Player appreciation/ player sucks threads are lame.

News Flash everybody on this team sucks. Hence we won 23 games last season. Go ahead and make the New York Knicks Suck Thread. It'll save us all a lot of time.

Curry Sucks
Crawford Sucks
Marbury Sucks
Randolph Sucks
Etc Sucks

Some people on this site are Marbury fans, some are Crawford Fans, i wouldn't say there are any Curry fans but there are a few people that believe he can still be useful (myself included), and suprisingly there are a few Randolph fans out there.

The fact is there is no winner in any of these arguements because all the players have so many flaws that you can make a million arguements against them.

And no i'm not being emotional or frustrated, and i don't need numerous pictures or animations that say i am.

A real post by a real KNICKS fan. The sig says it all.

clumsy

Rotation player
This thread is pointless. After 3 years with Curry i don't see how any sane people can think he play in this league as a starter.

Getreal....i don't neccesarily agree. Most of our players sucked cuz they have no chemistry (they kinda had it before Randolph) but that could be because Isiah was a horrible coach.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Talk about haters. You worship a guy that is arguably the most overpaid athelete in the known sports universe, but yet you dog guys that actually show up and play. Is Eddy overweight?? YES. Have you seen pictures of his family? He will be fighting his weight for the rest of his life. Does he still need to develop. Sure. But he is far from worthless. Remember he NEVER went to college. Back in the day he would have had four years somewhere to develop and learn to train. Instead he jumped to support his family. He should only be a 3-4 year pro at best. How long did it take Jermain O'neal to develop??? Eddy has agility and soft hands that can't be taught. Hopefully when our point guard situation is sorted out, he will be productive again. I am rooting for E-city and every other Knick fan should be to because he is our center.
JimKcchief88, you are one blind person.

You completely ignore Curry's 4.7 rebounds, .5 blocks , .2 steals, .5 assists, and 2.14 turnovers season, because all you look at is the point per game column by people's stats.

Learn to also take assists, steals, rebounds, blocks, free throw percentage, and turnovers into consideration, too.

These are a list of NBA power forwards and centers that came to the NBA straight out of high school, and this is how long it took each of them to develop their games.

1) Eddy Curry: still developing-has been in the NBA for 7 years, and he averaged 13 points, 4.7 rebounds, and .5 blocks last season.

2) Jermaine O' Neal:
5 years to develop-averaged 12.9 points, 9.8 rebounds, and 2.8 blocks that
season

3) Dwight Howard: Took 2 years to develop-averaged 15.8 points, 12.5 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks that season

4) Al Jefferson: Took 3 years to develop-averaged 16 points, 11 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks that season

5) Amare Stoudamire: Took 2 years to develop-averaged 20 points, 9 rebounds, 1.6 blocks that season

6) Tyson Chandler: Took 4 years to develop-averaged 8 points, 9.7 rebounds, and 1.8 blocks that season

7) Kevin Garnett: Took 3 years to develop-averaged 18.5 points, 9.6 rebounds, and 1.8 blocks that season

8) Andrew Bynum: Took 3 years to develop-averaged 13 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks that season

Stop making excuses for Curry. The more you make excuses for him, the more you look like a Currysexual.
Curry has 30 million dollars left on his contract. He's more overpaid than Marbury, so just be quiet. I'd rather have an expiring contract from an All Star than 3 years from a player that is yet to live up to expectations despite being in the NBA for SEVEN YEARS.

metrocard

Legend
After that murderous post, here are your today's Knicksonline.com powerrankings

1. ABCD
2. Akamu
3. Kiyaman
4. MSG33
5. Donchris
6. New New York
7. homer
8. Dlee42
9. GetReal
10. metrocard

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

lmao....thats one of the best pics i seen :lol:
After that murderous post, here are your today's Knicksonline.com powerrankings

1. ABCD
2. Akamu
3. Kiyaman
4. MSG33
5. Donchris
6. New New York
7. homer
8. Dlee42
9. GetReal
10. metrocard

lol you cant be #10...abcd has been murderin lames all summer but you still gotta be top 3. I havent been on too much...but i cant complain about being #4.

yo, metrosexual, can u please stop stalking my posts so that u can add a picture....its really not affecting me, and ur getting like a piece of shit annoying ass little brother. Give it a rest. Thanx.

shut your mouth lil pussy bumbaclot boy stop crying

Red

TYPE-A
Right now I would trade Curry for a pack of tissue paper toilet seat covers. Like with everyone on this team he's a role player at best who could be o.k. on a playoff team but not as a main option.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
A solid big man in this league is imperative. I can't remember a championship team that didn't have at least one (sometimes 2) solid big man. That?s why I questioned getting another supposed shooter in the draft when bigs are hard to find. <o:p></o:p>
A good big man (as opposed to a guard - which is also important) can be a force on both sides of the court. Scoring (especially down low) adds high % shots and increases opposing team fouls, rebounding (leads to fast break points and easy put backs), blocking shots etc..are what the knicks needed since #33 left. And we haven't attempted replacing him. This organization is notorious for playing people out of position and trying to re-invent the freakin' wheel. All I remember is SF's playing as PF's and PF's playing Center and Shooters playing guard etc...Its ridicules every big was too short to play PF or C but couldn?t shoot well enough to play at SF. Anyway Curry is a good back up at best. We should have tried to GIVE HIM AWAY. Defense wins championships (ask the Celts, Pistons and Spurs) and Curry couldn't defend a blind paraplegic!!! Please someone get a serviceable big man in his prime!!!!@!<o:p></o:p>

Red

TYPE-A
Right now I would trade Curry for a pack of tissue paper toilet seat covers. Like with everyone on this team he's a role player at best who could be o.k. on a playoff team but not as a main option.<O:p</O:p
A solid big man in this league is imperative. I can't remember a championship team that didn't have at least one (sometimes 2) solid big men. That?s why I questioned getting another supposed shooter in the draft when bigs are hard to find. <O:p></O:p>
A good big man (as opposed to a guard - which is also important) can be a force on both sides of the court. Scoring (especially down low) adds high % shots and increases opposing team fouls, rebounding (leads to fast break points and easy put backs), blocking shots etc..are what the knicks needed since #33 left. And we haven't attempted replacing him. This organization is notorious for playing people out of position and trying to re-invent the freakin' wheel. All I remember is SF's playing as PF's and PF's playing Center and Shooters playing guard etc...Its ridicules every big was too short to play PF or C but couldn?t shoot well enough to play at SF. Anyway Curry is a good back up at best. We should have tried to GIVE HIM AWAY. Defense wins championships (ask the Celts, Pistons and Spurs) and Curry couldn't defend a blind paraplegic!!! Please someone get a serviceable big man in his prime!!!!@!<O:p></O:p>

Toons

is the Bo$$
lmao....thats one of the best pics i seen :lol:

lol you cant be #10...abcd has been murderin lames all summer but you still gotta be top 3. I havent been on too much...but i cant complain about being #4.

shut your mouth lil pussy bumbaclot boy stop crying

lol, an american tryna sound jamaican....hahaha, ur worse than buck n 50 tryna sound like they from the islands, i knew u were comming to defend ur boyfriend soon, did he call you? or did u sense that he needed u?

metrocard

Legend
Toons, you still mad over getting TKO'd for defending your bottyboy Crawford?
You're a D level poster, dealing with you is as significant as Isiah signing Jamison Brewer, you'll never make an impact.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Fat curry is piece of grabage he blong in tarsh can on street my granfader could do bester than him and my grandfader fight in 2 world war got his left leg blast off like moon rocket when step him on lanmine. popw pow bang bang curry randolf hopeful they 2 off them get biten by snake of poison when they go to jungle away for holdiday dont let me see yopu on teh street of new york dirk break legs of you not gonna play for knic this year you cripel

Toons

is the Bo$$
mad? lol, this site is merely amusement until season starts. you honestly believe that what you say means shit to me? dude, i pull for the new york knicks....i dont think u can say anything that i havnt heard as yet. A point i was tryin to get to msg, and all others out there that dont understand the concept of an opinion, is that, i like players that I LIKE....not because of stats, but how they carry themselvs, thats why i respect kobes talent, but i hate him as a person/player (the way he reacts and begs for calls is disgusting). Yeah i do have other options of who to like, if i want to have steph as my fav knick, thats my right. Yeah he plays like shit sometimes....but if u question me for having crawford as my fav knick, then i question you for pulling for the new york knicks. As a franchise,we had our high points, but recently we havent done anything. So keep it up. lol, just makes my day a bit brighter when i see u n msg getting emotional, and then u guys tell other people to stop being emotional. hahaha, yall wanna b the babys and dont wanna give any1 else a turn.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I use to be a die hard Curry supporter. I bought into the he's the next Shaq hype and all. I'm past all of that now but I don't think Curry is useless. There really isn't any new news on the Knicks or Curry right now, but the last I read was that Curry was training in Chicago over the summer and working on sprinting up and down the court. I'd like to read or see an update on him, to see if he's in shape or lost weight, cause right now none of us know. But, if the Knicks move Randolph, start Lee and an top shape Curry, this could be an interesting team to watch.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I use to be a die hard Curry supporter. I bought into the he's the next Shaq hype and all. I'm past all of that now but I don't think Curry is useless. There really isn't any new news on the Knicks or Curry right now, but the last I read was that Curry was training in Chicago over the summer and working on sprinting up and down the court. I'd like to read or see an update on him, to see if he's in shape or lost weight, cause right now none of us know. But, if the Knicks move Randolph, start Lee and an top shape Curry, this could be an interesting team to watch.

http://www.ny1.com/sports/knicks/8-04

Starter or Reserve?

Aug. 4 15:34

Written by Jonathon Edwards

With training camp a little over a month away most of the New York Knicks are spending their time preparing for new head coach Mike D'antoni and his "seven seconds or less" offense. Several members of the Knicks have already reached their goals.

Quentin Richardson is now 15 pounds lighter then he was at the end of last season. Stephon Marbury is said to be in great shape. Jared Jeffries, Mardy Collins, Chris Duhon, and David Lee have all worked very hard all summer long. It can be assumed that Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson will be ready to go. Conditioning has never been a problem for either one of them. Heck, even Zach Randolph has lost some weight and claims he will be ready for the new uptempo style.

However, a source from Chicago has informed us that Eddy Curry does not appear to be in better shape. I was told by an anonymous source that he has not been going to the gym enough and he needs to lay off the fast food. The source is believed to be creditable. Curry has been hosting house parties where several beautiful women have been seen entering his Chicago home.

If what the source has told us is true how long will Curry last with D'antoni and his uptempo style of play? The only conclusion that I can draw is that Eddy Curry plans on being a role player which sums up his career of under achieveing.

Last edited: