Glad we didn't get LeBron for at least 1 reason.

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
I know everyone is done with the LeBron situation. I just want to make one point. I am happy we didn't get LeBron for one reason. We won't have all those fake fans riding our team. I and probably many of you have been through damn near 10 years of misery with this team. If and when we are good or at least competitive again(looking like a real possibility this year) I want the real fan to get the pleasure of enjoying OUR team.

I mention this because before the LeBron 'decision', I seen everyone on Facebook going 'yea the Knicks are getting the King' and so and so. Granted I live in the NYC area however there was already front runners and fake fans coming out of the wood works.

Sorry for the rant, but I hate front runners and fake fans. I am a Yankees fan and a Knicks fan, two definite extremes in the same city.

To all the fake fans who will still hop over cause of Amar'e or anyone else, coming from me and every true Knicks fan, WE DON'T WANT YOU GO ROOT FOR MIAMI!

Orange and Blue yesterday, today, and tomorrow...

one.

-Frankie

KBlack25

Starter
Fine thread, but as stated elsewhere...

Let's forget this ****ing clown. He's a pussy that couldn't even come close to handling the pressure of NY.

I am already having more fun using the knicks on 2k10 with the updated rosters I downloaded, than I would have if they got lebron lol

I actually beat the heat opening night 112-99, gallinari had 31, and amare had 22-8.

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
I am already having more fun using the knicks on 2k10 with the updated rosters I downloaded, than I would have if they got lebron lol

I actually beat the heat opening night 112-99, gallinari had 31, and amare had 22-8.

I sold my 2k10 game, pretty pissed I did now...

By the way love the name! Come to think about it everyone does forget about Derek Harper.

Paul1355

All Star
I know everyone is done with the LeBron situation. I just want to make one point. I am happy we didn't get LeBron for one reason. We won't have all those fake fans riding our team. I and probably many of you have been through damn near 10 years of misery with this team. If and when we are good or at least competitive again(looking like a real possibility this year) I want the real fan to get the pleasure of enjoying OUR team.

I mention this because before the LeBron 'decision', I seen everyone on Facebook going 'yea the Knicks are getting the King' and so and so. Granted I live in the NYC area however there was already front runners and fake fans coming out of the wood works.

Sorry for the rant, but I hate front runners and fake fans. I am a Yankees fan and a Knicks fan, two definite extremes in the same city.

To all the fake fans who will still hop over cause of Amar'e or anyone else, coming from me and every true Knicks fan, WE DON'T WANT YOU GO ROOT FOR MIAMI!

Orange and Blue yesterday, today, and tomorrow...

one.

-Frankie
if we can get Melo and then Paul in 2012, then id be hapy we dont have Lebron, cuz then we can beat him with our big three and everyone would be rooting for us

Yeah goood post! I hate all these guys critizing everything that's happening around our team. If U R a true Knicks fan u should even accept and back up guys like Eddy Curry, no matter what. Stop hating and start appreciating what we've got.

I sold my 2k10 game, pretty pissed I did now...

By the way love the name! Come to think about it everyone does forget about Derek Harper.

haha yeah man when every one talks about our glory days they mention oakley, or ewing or mason, or starks, but every one forgets we would of never even came close to a finals run in 93-94 if it wasnt for harper coming in, dude was the last true point guard this team had and no one no one, not even on msg when they do those specials starks # 3 or whatever pays him any respect.

Paul1355

All Star
say what?

Yeah goood post! I hate all these guys critizing everything that's happening around our team. If U R a true Knicks fan u should even accept and back up guys like Eddy Curry, no matter what. Stop hating and start appreciating what we've got.
I believe that Curry can still be a dominate offensive post player, but he sucks everywere else...completely one dimensional and won't be the 19 ppg player he once was.

He deserves to be hated on.

Remember when Al Harrington laughed at him during an interview when Curry said he can't play because he pulled a muscle, from that pulled muscle Curry hasn't played since. He was laughed at by his teammates, that's how embarissing this guy is and how much of a wimp he is.

11 million dollars he is getting paid this year, he has not been worth one penny of it!

The best thing he ever did was lose weight, and guess what? He got hurt again!

To top it off he told the Knicks he won't accept a buyout for less than the 11 million he is owed.....so he plays ten games in 2 years, wasted our cap space, and now thinks he deserves the full 11 million?

How can you back up such a selfish lazy fool?

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
I can't stand Curry. He reminds me of JaMarcus Russell. Too fat lazy bums with all the talent in the world, and once they got a taste of real money, stopped caring. I could never show allegiance to someone like that. Thank God I'm not a Raiders fan too! Cut Curry, and I always say maximize with what we have, but this guy is a cancer in the locker room too. He is the definition of a douche. If we can't trade, cut him he aint worth anything, as he has proven over and over again, besides those 20 games he played well under Isiah.

Don't matter. I know he is a lazy ass, but he is still the part of this team. Hate him when we trade him or whatever. But even if he sits whole season eating chickens during Knicks game, when others are playing he still roots for Knicks, cause he feels like a part of them.. He wanted to get back, right? He lost weight because he wanted to prove that he's worth something. Bad luck for him with another injury, but as long as he'll be a Knick I got love 4 him like for everyone else...

Anyway U 'so called knicks fans' are always hating. Even if we would get LBJ and we've been struggling U would said he sucks... Haters :)

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I can't stand Curry. He reminds me of JaMarcus Russell. Too fat lazy bums with all the talent in the world, and once they got a taste of real money, stopped caring. I could never show allegiance to someone like that. Thank God I'm not a Raiders fan too! Cut Curry, and I always say maximize with what we have, but this guy is a cancer in the locker room too. He is the definition of a douche. If we can't trade, cut him he aint worth anything, as he has proven over and over again, besides those 20 games he played well under Isiah.

I made a thread dedicated to JaWALRUS Russell in the Other Sports thread. I hate him like none other football player. Didn't surprise me that he caught with codiene syrup.

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
I concur completely.

Are fans of players (as opposed to fans of teams) considered bandwagon fans?

Good question... I think it could work both ways. I for one root for the Knicks, Yankees, Packers( in that order), but if a player I like(mostly on my team already), gets traded I still might follow him, i.e. David Lee.

The only players I can think of that I root for are Brett Favre and Ron Artest. Maybe because I always hoped he came to the Knicks. But I still REFUSE to root for the Lakers, but I rooted for the Kings when he was there. All depends. I also kind of rooted for the Jets when Favre was there(I'm from NYC and always liked the Jets over the Giants anyway) but I still refuse to root for the Vikings.(obviously)

But in the finals this year, I was rooting for Boston for the first time in my life in anything! I wanted Lil Nate to get a ring, but it's cool Artest got one.

I think as a fan though in any sport you can't just root for a player, can you? It's kind of weird, like a man-crush. haha...

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Good question... I think it could work both ways. I for one root for the Knicks, Yankees, Packers( in that order), but if a player I like(mostly on my team already), gets traded I still might follow him, i.e. David Lee.

The only players I can think of that I root for are Brett Favre and Ron Artest. Maybe because I always hoped he came to the Knicks. But I still REFUSE to root for the Lakers, but I rooted for the Kings when he was there. All depends. I also kind of rooted for the Jets when Favre was there(I'm from NYC and always liked the Jets over the Giants anyway) but I still refuse to root for the Vikings.(obviously)

But in the finals this year, I was rooting for Boston for the first time in my life in anything! I wanted Lil Nate to get a ring, but it's cool Artest got one.

I think as a fan though in any sport you can't just root for a player, can you? It's kind of weird, like a man-crush. haha...

I can understand wanting a player to do well, and routing for them, but always routing for your team. On the other hand, you ONLY rout for a player and ONLY the team he is on. It's like, "let me take of my LeBron Cavs jersey and get a Miami one" It's just weird to me too. It's a man crush.

This guy from work is the biggest LeBron fan and he defends anything Lebron does. I really think he has a huge man-crush on him. LOL! He claims that his decision on primetime was for a charity and so on. He will no be considered a sidekick. Miami Heat is now LeBron's team and Wade is number 2. It's like LeBron cannot to anything wrong.

I asked him if you think there is possible collusion. He argues against that and sees NOTHING he did wrong. I told him that the NBA considers players under contract that actively recuit other players under contract a form of tampering. This is the same guy that thinks Melo is not a top 15 player. He even said that he would rather have Rondo over Melo once, but I think he took that back. LOL!!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I told my friend that I was sick of his casual Knick fan status, and that it would be sweeter for the die-hards, like myself, if we were to get Lebron. He didn't understand.

I'm also thankful we didn't get that douche. The fact he went to Miami clues me in on what type of leader he would be and has been.... LAME! Kudos to Amare for stepping up and accepting the challenge of playing in NY.

rw005

Benchwarmer
Excellent post.

I didn't care much if we got him anyways, yeah it would be GREAT if we did have Lebonbon but I knew the whole time, that I didn't want him at all. I'm already taking the attitude, that we will win without him. :gony:

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
I can understand wanting a player to do well, and routing for them, but always routing for your team. On the other hand, you ONLY rout for a player and ONLY the team he is on. It's like, "let me take of my LeBron Cavs jersey and get a Miami one" It's just weird to me too. It's a man crush.

This guy from work is the biggest LeBron fan and he defends anything Lebron does. I really think he has a huge man-crush on him. LOL! He claims that his decision on primetime was for a charity and so on. He will no be considered a sidekick. Miami Heat is now LeBron's team and Wade is number 2. It's like LeBron cannot to anything wrong.

I asked him if you think there is possible collusion. He argues against that and sees NOTHING he did wrong. I told him that the NBA considers players under contract that actively recuit other players under contract a form of tampering. This is the same guy that thinks Melo is not a top 15 player. He even said that he would rather have Rondo over Melo once, but I think he took that back. LOL!!

Yea I could never be like that. I own one Favre jersey, on the Packers and I own one Artest jersey on the Kings. I would never buy another one now that they're on other teams.

I could never be that guy who just follows a player, I love sports too much. Not into man-crushes...

But I'm also the type who rooted for GS over Dallas that year, and the Giants over the Pats in the Super Bowl. I never root for the best, it's not me, I like the underdog, always will... Besides the Yanks, but give me a break, born and raised in the Bronx, what do you expect!