Melo Taking Hits On ESPN's Fan Voiced Article: 'Who's The Best/Most Overrated SF?'

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
And Durant is a great player but he's definitely overrated. The media is in love with him and they tend to exaggerate his prowesss

I disagree with you about Griffin. In his first year he was a monster, an efficient one. Has a lot of fundamentals. Gives it his all even if his team is being blown out in the fourth quarter. He has a great future ahead of him.

Griffin is basically the 2002-2005 version of STAT, only difference is Blake is getting 10 times the hype. Great offensive force, a monster athlete - no defense apart from a few blocked shots.

A young Duncan, Malone, Garnett over Griffin every time for me.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Griffin is basically the 2002-2005 version of STAT, only difference is Blake is getting 10 times the hype. Great offensive force, a monster athlete - no defense apart from a few blocked shots.

Griffin only played one year and he is already better rebounder and passer than STAT ever was. In 1-2 years he will be best PF in the league.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
Melo is a legit franchise player who can be a great rebounder and good defender (as he's shown a couple of times for us late in the season, vs Orlando comes to mind).

Yeah....he's not a good defender. Just because he played good defense for a few games doesn't mean he's suddenly a good defender. What about every other game he played? He's a great scorer who doesn't give a consistent effort on defense.

Lol did anyone catch what one BSPN writer said about most overrated PF?

Nikko Tan, via Facebook: Unless all you care about is fantasy basketball, the answer here has to be Amare. He scores, but what else can he do? For a guy with major hops (of which he showed a few years back in the slam dunk contest), he does not rebound nearly enough and plays pillow-soft defense.

Henry Abbott, TrueHoop: Shout-outs to Drew Gooden and Charlie Villanueva, but I'm giving Amare Stoudemire this prize, not because of his play but because of the hyperbole of the Big Apple. New York acted as if it was the big winner of last summer's free agency. Give me a break. He's a very special scorer, and his leadership was tremendous before Carmelo Anthony showed up. But calling his top-20-level play top-five does him no favors.

Justin DeFeo, Nets Are Scorching:
Last summer, Carlos Boozer was being talked about as one of the top free agents of the class, but his production this past season left a lot to be desired and got worse in the postseason. He might have been battling injuries, but Boozer has a lot to prove to Bulls fans this season in order to justify the huge contract he was given.

Rahat Huq, Red94:
Replacing injured Luis Scola with rookie Patrick Patterson took the Rockets' starting lineup down to .88 points per possession allowed, by far the team's stingiest defensive five-man unit; Houston also didn't miss a beat in the W-L column. Scola is good, but overrated after continual "underratedness"' mentions and a contract the team should look to unload.

Bret LaGree, Hoopinion:
Defense and rebounding and not turning the ball over matter, too. Even though he's a very good scorer and an eminently useful power forward, Amare Stoudemire shouldn't be in the conversation for best power forward in the age of Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol and Griffin.
The one I highlighted red.. Really?? Labeling Amare overrated because of the city he plays for? REALLY???

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^
As the global population grows, so does the number of complete dick brains.

As does the number of skinny women with fake cakes, so I'll take the good with the bad.

Crazy⑧s;185310 said:
^
As the global population grows, so does the number of complete dick brains.

As does the number of skinny women with fake cakes, so I'll take the good with the bad.
Hahaha truth brah

KingCharles34

All Star
I agree that Melo is overrated by its almost like hes the scapegoat now for small forwards.

How the fukk is Lebron not the most overrated small forward? Most people consider him a top 3 player in the nba....hes got wade and bosh on his team, plus a decent supporting cast. And they only won 1 game in the finals as Lebron was nowhere to be seen almost the entire series. So any answer besides Lebron here doesnt make much sense to me.

And yes, Carmelo takes some plays off but thats very common with NBA players especially during the regular season

knickscity

Benchwarmer
I agree that Melo is overrated by its almost like hes the scapegoat now for small forwards.

How the fukk is Lebron not the most overrated small forward? Most people consider him a top 3 player in the nba....hes got wade and bosh on his team, plus a decent supporting cast. And they only won 1 game in the finals as Lebron was nowhere to be seen almost the entire series. So any answer besides Lebron here doesnt make much sense to me.

And yes, Carmelo takes some plays off but thats very common with NBA players especially during the regular season
Wow man, this post is downright terrible.

Who's the best SF then?

people may think more of him than they should, but he is rated correctly.

I hate Lebron just as much as the next, but LeBron is the best SF in the NBA are is in the top 3 overall in the league.

Some may still put Kobe 1, but LeBron is at least 2nd or 3rd, depending on how people feel about Dwight.

And no he doesn't have a decent supporting cast, outside of Wade and
Bosh, which has alot to do with why they lost 4-2 in the finals, not 4-1.

For the record Melo is not over rated.

He isn't the best SF, he is 2nd or 3rd depending on the Durant enthusiasts.

He is top 10 NBA player, he has one of the best mid range game, and he is a top 5 scorer in the NBA.

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
this is the argument ending statement a friend told another friend in A carmelo anthony vs lebron debate:

"Although lebron is a better defender,when carmelo plays anybody in the league,he makes them look just as terrible on defense while scoring 30 points,so i guess he makes up for it."

knickscity

Benchwarmer
this is the argument ending statement a friend told another friend in A carmelo anthony vs lebron debate:

"Although lebron is a better defender,when carmelo plays anybody in the league,he makes them look just as terrible on defense while scoring 30 points,so i guess he makes up for it."
I guess someone who doesn't watch the game would fall for it though.

I hate LeBron, but he is better than Melo.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I too have to admit that LeBron is better than Melo.

But in the 4th quarter, I would much rather trust Melo with the ball. LeBron in the 4th quarter of every NBA Finals game = LOL

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
But in the 4th quarter, I would much rather trust Melo with the ball. LeBron in the 4th quarter of every NBA Finals game = LOL

and how is Carmelo doing in NBA finals? oh wait he hasn't been there, and never will be.

Nah never been a Heat fan. But if someone says idiotic things that Carmelo is better than Lebron, you've got to react.
By saying that Melo will never get to the finals? Which is basically saying the Knicks will never make the finals? So whenever someone says Melo is better than Lebron you have to suck Lebron's dick and bash Melo? I think your a closet heat fan.

Nah never been a Heat fan. But if someone says idiotic things that Carmelo is better than Lebron, you've got to react.
I seriously think you're here to troll sometimes. Yes Lebron is better overall than Melo right now.. and yes homerism is often a problem when discussing a player on the team's forum.. But to say Melo will never get tot he finals.. That's obvious trolling. I suggest finding a Heat forum..