Golden State Crumbling

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Warriors are looking to trade Monta Ellis. Anthony Randolph wants out too. Don Nelson is crazy. He even benched Steph Curry for most of the game (only played 2min 35sec) against the Knicks in the Garden out of spite. It's like he's subconsciously trying to destroy that franchise.

Donnie should take advantage of this.

Curry + Lee + Nate for Ellis + Randolph + Claxton would work. We maintain the same amount of cap flexibility (practically) and get the PG and PF position of the future locked up.

The only problems I see is that Lee and Nate have trade veto clauses in their contracts. Throw in something else if we have to. But Donnie should seriosly look into snatching up some of their players while they are in this dysfunctional phase. It could be done. They took Radmanovic (not expiring) and an injured Raja Bell (expiring) for Jackson. So we have the pieces to get this done.

The below article shows how messed up things are in Golden State:

Ellis/Warriors situation set to hit full boil at Thursday meeting: Trade inevitable?

Posted by Tim Kawakami on November 17th, 2009 at 10:13 am | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

Multiple NBA sources have confirmed that Monta Ellis’ status with the Warriors could be determined Thursday, when his agent is scheduled to meet with team management in Oakland.

Several sources indicate that Ellis’ agent, Jeff Fried, already has discussed the possibility of the Warrriors giving Fried and Ellis permission to talk to other teams to quicken the pace of trade talks.

The Thursday meeting could formalize those general discussions. One source said that Fried tacitly has been given the go-ahead to try to come up with a trade, but that team president Robert Rowell may not yet have officially signed off on it.

(Al Harrington was given similar permission last year. It’s believed Stephen Jackson received tacit approval earlier this year.)

Rowell and GM Larry Riley apparently will represent Warriors management in this meeting.

Another source

(UPDATED:) Multiple sources say that, apparently at Don Nelson’s urging, the Warriors have been calling teams and offering to trade Ellis in recent days.

It is likely that their efforts will only intensify, barring some 11th-hour peace treaty. Ellis has four years and $44M owed to him after this season, but several sources say that he will be less difficult to trade than Stephen Jackson was.

And it seems inevitable that Ellis will be traded, presuming that Nelson remains in power, and every source I’ve talked to believes that Nelson will remain in power.

Ellis’ grievances with the Warriors date to their handling of punishment for his scooter accident and to concerns about Nelson’s commitment to him as a player and to Rowell’s decisions as the team’s No. 1 executive.

(Including personal promises made by Rowell to Ellis and Stephen Jackson at the end of last season that the Warriors would upgrade the roster significantly in order to make sure this year is not wasted.)

But the latest developments, reactions, and red-hot trade talk, stem from 2 recent events, one public, one not:

* Two sources say that Nelson embarrassed Ellis when Ellis tried to step into a leadership role in the aftermath of the 28-point home loss to the Clippers on Nov. 6.

The sources describe the scene in the post-game locker room: Ellis, as a co-captain, began loudly addressing to his teammates, telling them that this performance could not be tolerated.

But then Nelson came into the room and told Ellis to be quiet.

Speaking to reporters a few minutes later, Ellis was near-tears. A snippet…

-Q: Your coach said he was embarrassed by this game. Are you embarrassed?

-ELLIS: We all should be embarrassed. This is a terrible game, terrible performance. We looked like we didn’t know what we were doing out there. We looked like a high school team. We didn’t do nothing.

* The Clippers-game episode now sheds greater light on Ellis’ cryptic comments during his public verbal altercation with Nelson after a practice in New York last week.

First, in front of reporters, Ellis accused Nelson of blaming him for everything. When Nelson denied it and then walked away, waving his hands, Ellis said:

“See, that’s why I won’t do it. I just won’t do it.”

What did that mean? My read: Ellis was saying that whenever he tries to lead the team, it’s rendered meaningless because the coach and management disrupt everything.

Ellis has his own weaknesses and is far from a perfect player, but he is not wrong on this point.

When he sees how little Nelson cares about building a real team and sees the bumbling of Rowell & Co., Ellis is seeing the truth about the Warriors.

He’s living it. He’s not the ideal Nelson guard, and that has played out over a few years now. But Ellis is one of the more talented guards of his size in the NBA. However…

Like so many other players before him, he is realizing the hopelessness of life with Nelson, Rowell, Riley and Chris Cohan.

He wants out. Just like Stephen Jackson. Like Al Harrington. And, probably, like Anthony Randolph in a few months and Andris Biedrins and… well, you just name the good player. He wants out or soon will want out.

They all have an expiration date. It’s the Warriors. The only ones who stay are the fools, the corrupt and those with no other choice.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...ll-boil-at-thursday-meeting-trade-inevitable/

Last edited:

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Randolph + Ellis for Nate + Lee is intriguing, but I doubt GS will trade Randolph, they know he will be a star. Ellis is definitely leaving, but don't you think GS could get more than Nate + DLee for a very talented Ellis and potential star in Randolph? Plus, Monta has a big multi-year contract and I doubt Walsh sees him as our PG of the future, he is really a SG.

New New York

Quiet Storm
They are in better shape than we are. tip your hat lol

Sad....but very true!

I would offer them Eddy Curry for Monta Ellis.

Doesnt impact the 2010 plan (although it would our plans beyond that)

rids G-State of another headache and gives them cap relief down the road.

portega1968

El Cacique
I dont believe the hype surrounding Anthony Randolph. Did anyone see how JJ Hickson bullied him under the basket last night for a rebound and putback? This guy at most will be a Juwan Howard but no way in hell he'll ever become a Chris Bosh type of player.

Now, I am all for trading one of our two players on next years cap (Curry and Jeffries) for Ellis. This is a chance we cant miss, even if it takes Lee or Nate to get the deal done.

Stephen Curry? Thats what I call untouchable for GSW right now and any of ya'll that think we can get him now I say I have a pair of eyeglasses that make Rosie ODonnell look like Adriana Lima.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Chandler + Nate + Jeffries to Golden State for Monta Ellis

Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to Golden State and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Gives Golden State cap relief and two players to put in their rotation. Heck, they traded Jackson for an injured Bell that won't play a minute for them and Radmanovic. They would surely go for this.

Lee + Curry + Mobley's contract to Hornets for Okafor + Peja Stojakovic

Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to New Orleans and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New Orleans and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Gives New Orleans instant cap relief for two players they want to remove and a young player they may want to resign.

This also leaves the Knicks with talent to attract a max free agent and enough cap relief to sign 1 max free agent.

PG-Ellis
SG-signed with MLE
SF-Gallo
PF-Lebron
C-Okafur

w/ Douglas, Hill and Stojakovic off the bench.

Paul1355

All Star
Sad....but very true!

I would offer them Eddy Curry for Monta Ellis.

Doesnt impact the 2010 plan (although it would our plans beyond that)

rids G-State of another headache and gives them cap relief down the road.
no way it would happen...unless we dump money and/or a young talent in Gallo or Douglas with it.

Our team is looked at as bums and teams will demand more from us because we suck.