Boston Cripples @ New York Knicks (15 Dec 2010)

smokes

Huge Member
And I've yet to meet a good New York fan. :beer:

Maybe because the first thing you post in our forum is disrespect towards Knicks fans... What do you expect? Give respect and gain respect, come here posting trash and you are going to get used and abused. Pretty much common sense.

Bears = 9 Championships, Most Hall of Famers in NFL History, and Most Wins.

Bears = Best NFL team ever.

Bulls = Best NBA team ever.

Blackhawks = Best NHL team in salary cap era.

White Sox = 11-1 is the 2nd best postseason record in MLB history.

Knicks = 0

Packers-12 Championships..which would make them the best
Celtics-18 Championships...also the best, by championship standards
Blackhawks...congrats on the title, happy to see you guys win
Yankees-27 championships (dont know off top of my head...not a yanks fan)

Knicks-2 championships, 8 conference championships, and 7 division titles + biggest media market in the U.S.

Not gonna lie man... this loss stings. Feels like the 90's again when I hated goin to school after a loss... lol.

We need a big and a back up pg. Douglas is bad at running the team. Just awful. Anyone objecting to a Melo trade shoyld be reffered to this game. We need another go to guy.

Not gonna lie man... this loss stings. Feels like the 90's again when I hated goin to school after a loss... lol.

We need a big and a back up pg. Douglas is bad at running the team. Just awful. Anyone objecting to a Melo trade shoyld be reffered to this game. We need another go to guy.

totally agree, I got senior finals tomorrow, not sure I can concentrate after the loss, and i dont wanna trade for Melo at this moment, I think what we have right now can contend with any team in the NBA, if we can work on defense, and better contest shots. But we do need another go to guy, and I hope we get Melo in the offseason, although giving up Chandler would suck.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Wow a Bulls fan who feels the need to trash talk the Knicks...really? Really?

I don't even think there are any words that can substantiate the senselessness in that..

CoolClyde

fuk!

just another game where our offense wasn't better than the other team's offense. we could not stop anyone in the paint the entire 4Q. where was Turiaf to stop Garnett? where was Moscow? if not for the incredible gutsiness of STAT, Felton and Gallinari, we would not have had a chance this game. so pissed...

poor game by Tony Chill, the difference maker. we need a PG who can help Felton, someone who can dish and swish, take shots, drive to the basket... someone like N8. oh yeah, 'Antoni had a problem with him, so he's gone. sad.

we lost by half a second.... almost doesn't count, except in horseshoes and hand grenades...

I think we get Melo, cuz he forces his way here, and u cant pass him up. But honestly, we need a back up pg and big help more. Much. Moz has fallen outta favor in big games, and Randolph is short bus material on the court. We sure could use his size.

la2ny

Starter
I think we get Melo, cuz he forces his way here, and u cant pass him up. But honestly, we need a back up pg and big help more. Much. Moz has fallen outta favor in big games, and Randolph is short bus material on the court. We sure could use his size.
they shuld do that telfair deal and anybody opposed to trading t.doug for a big if we get telfair

iSaYughh

Starter
just another game where our offense wasn't better than the other team's offense. we could not stop anyone in the paint the entire 4Q. where was Turiaf to stop Garnett? where was Moscow? if not for the incredible gutsiness of STAT, Felton and Gallinari, we would not have had a chance this game. so pissed...

poor game by Tony Chill, the difference maker. we need a PG who can help Felton, someone who can dish and swish, take shots, drive to the basket... someone like N8. oh yeah, 'Antoni had a problem with him, so he's gone. sad.

we lost by half a second.... almost doesn't count, except in horseshoes and hand grenades...

Horeshoes and hand grenades...I grew up hearing that from my pops. :peace:

Now here comes another pro-"D'antoni" injection that you know me for:

just another game where our offense wasn't better than the other team's offense. we could not stop anyone in the paint the entire 4Q

Let's take that. And I agree. But what you are casting as our Fatal Flaw, I see as our shining light.

The Celtics are supremely methodical, marked by defense of the highest order. A true NBA contender of veterans. Best team in the league?

What happened? We enforced our will on them. Win or lose, they played our game and that is why we had a chance. A patently superior team was run ragged, beaten up, and in disarray.

And not just a superior team, but a model of methodical fundamentals and smothering defense.

In the 4th Q I said clutch rebounds would seal it for us. And we eneded up giving Garknee the 2nd chances that got the game tied.

Still, it took a no-call and rare inside miss by STAT to even give Rupaul the chance to a maybe-push off tough jumper he had to make; and for us to then come 1/10th a second from outright winning.

Excuses? Yes.

But make no mistake: it was BOS that needed the clutch shot, foul calls, and rebounds to scramble to win this FROM us.

That is the key from this game. BOS had to win it FROM us.

System-philosophy based offense was our savior; and it shows that it is unstoppable from being able to impose it's will on --any-- team.

We didn't get the key rebounds, the key shot...Because we are an INCOMPLETE team! Our stable of centers entering the season are DNPs and we have brought in zero replacements.

If a couple extra rebounds, a better inside prescense of size, and keeping STAT and Felton and Co. a bit fresher are the difference in us -- a rebuilding team who on paper was supposed to fight for an 8 seed -- cementing wins against the likes of BOS:

Halle'****ing'jula!

Sign M.Gasol, Big Baby, use our 1st/2nd/2nd to draft a bigtime sharpshooter or p&r backup pg.

Chandler, Gallo, Felton, Fields are only improving. Felton is only growing more comfortable alongside STAT and as a pg in a SSOL-driven offense. SSOL gives great freedom and choice and thus responsibility to the position that already demands the most of it: PG. Felton's rapid ascent stands to only improve. A la Nash, needing 1.5 seasons to truly hit stride and max comfort level for himself and his teammates.

Add in a quality starting C, let a cumulative combo of Fields/Gallo/Chandler play more time as a 6th man force, STAT is fresher to dominator at will, and a basic PG backup who can run a quality p&r.

And who wins this game? Or the last BOS game even? Or many of our season losses?

If we played BOS's style and game what happens? Or play anywhere close to where they are in rhythm and --comfortable--? We get eviscerated. Like most teams. BOS has cultivated the style and players for their team and it's identity. All top teams have that identity that they thrive off of. It's a lifeline and keeps the heart beating in rhythm.

BOS is just better. When you're better you'll score more points. If we held them to 50 and they get 52, same thing. It would only happen if we sacrificed offense, somehow, and deflated offense. It's no more or less noble and respectable than dropping ~120 on BOS. This way is just the most feasible and possible "extreme" version of being able to impose a will on opponents and dictate terms.

la2ny

Starter
Actual Time Left: 0.8
Capture9.jpg

Nate Robinsons' EPIC FAIL!!!!
Capture10.jpg

Capture11.jpg

Capture12.jpg

Capture13.jpg

Capture14.jpg

The Moments: :D
Capture7.jpg

Capture8.jpg

Capture6.jpg

Capture3-1.jpg

Capture4.jpg

Capture5-1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Big Babys' Face: Priceless
Capture.jpg

Last edited:

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
not gunna lie this loss stung lol... i was so excited when amare made that last shot , but i already knew .4 wasnt enough time for him to get that shot off, you almost gotta catch and shoot immediately for that to work, but i also think there should have been more time added, although im hurt lol and my bro who was a strong bulls fan throwin this loss in my face really brought me back to the 90"s, as long as we can compete every night just like this im confident