Breaking Down Danilo Gallinari's offensive game

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I agree Gallo is a beast! He is only getting better and all the haters will be exposed once this dude reaches his prime.

haha yeah i remember dismissing that Danilo D league thread immediately. I am like this kids 20 and dropping 14 a game and lighting up the league from down town as a practical rookie. Could you imagine if he didnt sit all of last year. Or if he was able to put in a full work out this summer instead of back rehab. My god, he would prob be 17-5-3-1 right now.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I hate to break up this "Cocklover Kool-aid" sipping party, but gimme a break. Gallo plays TWO good games in TWO years and you guys are down on your knees. Newsflash: Gallo was a LOTTERY PICK. All the stuff you see above is called PLAYING BASKETBALL. Maybe you guys have heard of that. Watch Kevin Durant sometime. He has been doing everything above and more since he came into the league and has the Thunder sitting in the thick a more talented Western Conference playoff race. Where was Gallo back in January and February when the Knicks still had a chance???? NOWHERE!!!! Wake me up when Gallo is doing all this on a constant basis and the Knicks are playoff bound.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I hate to break up this "Cocklover Kool-aid" sipping party, but gimme a break. Gallo plays TWO good games in TWO years and you guys are down on your knees. Newsflash: Gallo was a LOTTERY PICK. All the stuff you see above is called PLAYING BASKETBALL. Maybe you guys have heard of that. Watch Kevin Durant sometime. He has been doing everything above and more since he came into the league and has the Thunder sitting in the thick a more talented Western Conference playoff race. Where was Gallo back in January and February when the Knicks still had a chance???? NOWHERE!!!! Wake me up when Gallo is doing all this on a constant basis and the Knicks are playoff bound.

If you want a make a point why start with a clear lie? Gallo has played way more than "two good" games. Listen, every player develops at their own pace and things like injuries or adjusting to American ball actually play a factor. A 21 year old will have inconsistencies but he is improving and has shown great potential while not being close to his ceiling. You cannot hate until he has reached his prime and we see if his promise pans out.

P.S. You are trying to compare Gallo to Durant who is an emerging superstar and will be a top 5 player in this league for many years. Pretty silly IMO.

Where was Gallo back in January and February when the Knicks still had a chance???? NOWHERE!!!! Wake me up when Gallo is doing all this on a constant basis and the Knicks are playoff bound.

Gallo in Jan and Feb was watching Kriptonate sharing the ball with himself to find a potential trade that has come....and when, every now and then Nate passed the ball, he had to share it with another shy guy like Al Harrington....
Figure out how many balls passed by his hands in that period and how many pass now with TD in the PG.....:thumbsup:

jimkcchief88

All Star
If you want a make a point why start with a clear lie? Gallo has played way more than "two good" games. Listen, every player develops at their own pace and things like injuries or adjusting to American ball actually play a factor. A 21 year old will have inconsistencies but he is improving and has shown great potential while not being close to his ceiling. You cannot hate until he has reached his prime and we see if his promise pans out.

P.S. You are trying to compare Gallo to Durant who is an emerging superstar and will be a top 5 player in this league for many years. Pretty silly IMO.

First of all, I can hate whenever I want. STATS don't lie. Gallo's season average 14 ppg, so 28 is DOUBLE his average. So if I am lying, Gallo's stats aren't.

Secondly, I didn't realize it was OK for a LOTTERY PICK to under perform for TWO years just because he is European(white). I will keep that in mind for future reference.

Thirdly, you are right about comparing Durant to Gallo, even though they are the same age, within 1" in height, and supposedly play the SAME position. The difference is Durant's season AVERAGE is the same 28 points Gallo scored the other night. And Durant is leading his team into the playoffs in a tougher Western Conference. You are right. It is SILLY to compare the two. Still hating.........

LJ4ptplay

Starter
First of all, I can hate whenever I want. STATS don't lie. Gallo's season average 14 ppg, so 28 is DOUBLE his average. So if I am lying, Gallo's stats aren't.

Secondly, I didn't realize it was OK for a LOTTERY PICK to under perform for TWO years just because he is European(white). I will keep that in mind for future reference.

Thirdly, you are right about comparing Durant to Gallo, even though they are the same age, within 1" in height, and supposedly play the SAME position. The difference is Durant's season AVERAGE is the same 28 points Gallo scored the other night. And Durant is leading his team into the playoffs in a tougher Western Conference. You are right. It is SILLY to compare the two. Still hating.........

Why do I get the feeling you are rooting for Gallo to fail? And for some reason you will be happy if he fails?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Why do I get the feeling you are rooting for Gallo to fail? And for some reason you will be happy if he fails?

Nooooooo. I am rooting for Gallo to start playing like the 6th overall pick in the draft 2 YEARS AGO on a consistent basis. You guys have made a living roasting BETTER players who put in MORE work in Knicks uniforms. I remember the "Black Hole" and "Crawful" being chased out of town to go contribute mightily to teams that will be in the playoffs this year, while the "Cock" will be at HOME watching the playoffs just like me. So the "Cock" gets a free pass just because he is European(white)??? I am not buying that. I will be the first one to give the "Cock" props when he starts filling up the stat sheet other than three point misses. Until then I am still selling......

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

You need to take a deep breath and learn how to debate the facts and not pure conjecture...

1. Being from Europe has nothing to do with his skin color and has everything to do with the type of systems and training they run. You do know that not every European is white..don't you? Simmer down guy.

2. He is not under performing...he is playing exactly where he should be considering his age and injury.

3. Durant is a special player and we can only dream that Gallo plays to 85% of what Durant is capable of. Bringing up a future hall of famer to bash Gallo is idiotic.

You are right...you can hate whoever you want but it doesn't mean that it is rational or warranted. Your critique of Gallo is premature considering his age, injury and the fact that he is surrounded by ball hog veterans all wanting to pad their stats for free agency.

Further it is an undeniable fact that Gallo has not reached his potential and many NBA stars don't until they are in the league for several years. He came into a losing situation and barely played his rookie year. He took all his off season rehabbing from back surgery further slowing his growth. I know....what does back surgery and limited development time have to do with his development...:rolling:

It's easy to be negative and hate...it's much harder to understand nuance and be patient because of real external factors...haters gonna hate.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

He's a total loser. He's a Bulls fan, and he knows Gallo can make the Knicks better, so he wants to see Gallo fail.

And why would you compare Gallo to Durant? Durant is Jesus, I suck up to the Big Cock all the time but even I've never said he'll be as good as Durant... ever. jimchief is running out of excuses. His favorite player is "E-City"...how disgusting.

jimkcchief88

All Star
He's a total loser. He's a Bulls fan, and he knows Gallo can make the Knicks better, so he wants to see Gallo fail.

And why would you compare Gallo to Durant? Durant is Jesus, I suck up to the Big Cock all the time but even I've never said he'll be as good as Durant... ever. jimchief is running out of excuses. His favorite player is "E-City"...how disgusting.

You "Cocklovers" are the ones running out of excuses.... You say Gallo is so "special", but I bring up Durant and you run for cover..... The Bulls fan thing I will disregard because now you are sound like Metrosexual.....

the portable man

Benchwarmer
u guys are retards, especially jimchef

gallinari is a beast who has been tamed by DANTONI

wake up and smell the anal, HE WOULD HAVE AVERAGED 28ppg EASILY HAD DANT****Y RAN PICK AND POPS AND MORE POST UP ISOLATIONS SINCE THE START OF THE SEASON

yet he just has him roam around

it's painful to watch

dantoni is known to ruin players, like quentin richardson for example, a guy who is very effective in the post, then he became a THREE POINT SHOOTER, HOW SHOCKING IN DANTONIS SYSTEM