Baron Davis is a Knick

Great news, 4 stars starting for us.

Baron still has it on offense, he torched us at the Garden last season when he was with Cleveland, do you remember?

His defense is a huge question mark though.

Still, we're looking good.

Conference Finals here we come! :smokin:

moneyg

Starter
I think other teams out there (the Lakers?) might also have been interested in BD (I just read on someone's twitter account that we gave him a 1-yr, $2.5M deal). You know the Heat were also said to be interested --remember there was talk that Dan Gilbert was all worried that Davis would go to the Heat and he didn't want to help Lebron win a title...We lost out on Shawne Williams because we didn't come strong with our best offer right away. They probably didn't wanna see that happen again...Thinking about this just now -- maybe if we gave Shawne Williams the room exception, we don't even have a shot at Davis right now. I think Davis is more vital --- esp. if Renaldo Balkman truly has improved and proves he can fill in behind Melo.

i get that but under the amensty rule.. a player that is waived cannot make more monry than the contract he was waived from.. so why give cleveland a break.. thats the part i dont get.. no matter waht we or other teams paid him.. he could only make what was owed to him form clevlend

Wargames

Starter
i get that but under the amensty rule.. a player that is waived cannot make more monry than the contract he was waived from.. so why give cleveland a break.. thats the part i dont get.. no matter waht we or other teams paid him.. he could only make what was owed to him form clevlend

i believe that since he cleared waivers that 2.5 million is on top of what he made. Also take a step back everyone and remember we are talking millions of dollars. Making 2.5 more is not something to sneeze at.

on a side note do you guys Know RIP Hamilton is making 16 million this year to play for the Bulls and then basically downgrading to the MLE over arguably what will be the last 2 years of his career. That guys agent is a smart mofo to get him that deal

KBlack25

Starter

My interpretation was in the amnesty you could not use room under the cap you did not have. We signed BD with a minimum exception that we had, something we could not have used to sign BD in the amnesty auction.

Seba

Benchwarmer

If you think about it, a rule like that would be an incentive for all those unclaimed amnestied players to sign wherever they want for the minimum, which would only help contenders and big markets (kind of not the idea). With that in mind, I think WARGAMES is correct.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Great signing by the Knicks and the STAT comments was all a farce to throw the scent off the trail of hating ass teams. If STAT hadn't said that there would have been a number of teams trying to claim him just to spoil our plans. I could see Minnesotta claiming another PG just to screw us even harder. ****in losers!

finestrg

Rotation player
Great signing by the Knicks and the STAT comments was all a farce to throw the scent off the trail of hating ass teams. If STAT hadn't said that there would have been a number of teams trying to claim him just to spoil our plans. I could see Minnesotta claiming another PG just to screw us even harder. ****in losers!

GOOD CALL. I was thinking the same thing before. Could be bro. LOL about Minny too..WTF is Kahn doing out there? That's not a team, it's a PG collection!!

Wargames

Starter
GOOD CALL. I was thinking the same thing before. Could be bro. LOL about Minny too..WTF is Kahn doing out there? That's not a team, it's a PG collection!!

you guys might think i'm crazy but Adelman is going to coach those boys to the playoffs. They're a young team with depth and an above average coach, so they should do ok.

clumsy

Rotation player
I can see why we signed Baron, but Knicks need to pay a nutritionist for him.

Better keep dude away from the Halal Cart on 54th.

Twitter Is Swaying My Thoughts On Baron

1st Off This Pic Was Taking Last Month, He's In Shape

http://lockerz.com/s/157124065

He's Played More Then 65 Games A Year The Past 3 Years

Last Season He Averaged 14 & 6

The Past 3 Seasons He's Averaging About 16 Points 8 Assists

Baron Aint Fall Off, Its Just No One Pays Attention To His Wack Ass Teams Anymore

OK Im On Board...Do It Dolan, Roll Them Dice :clap:

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
Out of shape Baron Davis is bad news.

In shape Baron Davis (motivated Baron Davis) is good news. He was great with Blake Griffin...why? Motivation. With Melo and Stat here, Davis will be motivated.

KingCharles34

All Star
good signing, let's hope we can see who can be the best backup PG.

Once Davis is healthy I see Bibby and Shumpert playing PG.

I think TD is done at PG once Davis is healthy.

Im not sure what to think about that, it depends on how good Douglas plays. The problem is I cant doubt him but i wouldnt bet on him delivering. One thing i do agree with is that someone is out of the rotation, and its gonna be douglas or bibby. I dont think Bibby is as bad as some say he is, but i see him as a possible candidate here. Who's gonna shoot better? And when D'antoni makes that decision, will he factor in defense?

petescud

Starter
I think its a great signing...if there was a chance at Posey that would be awesome too, but i have a feeling he's heading to Boston

Wargames

Starter
Probably the usual Knicks MGMT showing weakness.......Maybe Davis wanted to see who was willing to offer him more despite it not making a difference to him..

with that said I think in a shortened season a guy like Baron Davis for one year can only help and maybe help alot....downside is we do not play him if he sucks...

worth the risk....

I mean we lost Shawne Williams trying to be cute and not offer him the money he wanted and the heat still have 2 million left from their MLE. So instead of even making it a choice of money over location offer him the money. It might be a rumor but if they offered him 2.5 for just one year instead of two consider that a moral victory since if he wastes this opportunity or stays injured he wouldn't affect the Knicks using their full MLE next year on one of the available PG's I. Free agency

CA7

Scoring Champ
Great pickup when he gets healthy. A healthy Davis is almost as good as Billups

A healthy Davis is actually better than Billups for this system I mean 32 is solid for Davis hopefully he can stay healthy he hasnt been a notable injury prone guy but his injuries often come when he's at his peak

fender0577

Rotation player
Good pick up, when healthy davis is a beast.People forget this kid is a great passer, actually the best we have right now, TD and mike bib are more shooters than set up guys, they don't break down anyone on defense to create shots for anyone else.I think this is great, i just hope he stays on the court and we'll be good.