Two topics: Should Novak add this?/Douglas getting Lin's mins. when he returns?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Instead of making two new threads I decided to make one thread for both topics today.

1. Should Novak add the Kyle Korver/Ray Allen running around game? Can he? Do you want to keep how he's used?

2. Not the best time to ask this, but I think Douglas wasn't used enough today and he didn't play bad, so let's base this off the Orlando game and his play from the previous two seasons. If he plays the way he did in Orlando consistently, should he get Lin's minutes even when Lin returns? If so, is it because of his play or you rather rest Lin for next season?

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Instead of making two new threads I decided to make one thread for both topics today.

1. Should Novak add the Kyle Korver/Ray Allen running around game? Can he? Do you want to keep how he's used?

2. Not the best time to ask this, but I think Douglas wasn't used enough today and he didn't play bad, so let's base this off the Orlando games and his play from the previous two seasons. If he plays the way he did in Orlando for consistently, should he get minutes Lin's minutes even when Lin returns? If so, is it because of his play or you rather rest Lin for next season?

1- that would be nice but, i think he is a little to slow for that. i like him spotting up and shooting 3's & faking the shot and coming off the dribble for the easy 2 points for now, no need for him to come up out his comfort zone right now but if he is capable of running around like Ray and Korver then maybe he can work on it in the off-season.. hopefully we can resign him.

2- if Lin can make it for the playoffs assuming we are in the playoffs i rather him come off the bench for Baron with limited amount of playing time. We should not be taking any major risks with Lin, he can come in with the second unit and take it easy. Same goes for Stat him and Lin can come off the bench and add fire power to our second unit. Dougie should be used as an emergency backup PG only and receive garbage time mins

1st unit

Baron
Fields
Shump
Melo
Chandler

2nd unit

Lin
Jr
Novak
Jeff
Stat

^^^ i like it

Last edited:
1.Novak is not fast enough nor is he conditioned enough to do that more than 3 times in a row.

2.TD is soft, never penetrates and is only good for spoting up and hitting every 5th floater he throws up.

Sage

Rotation player
I don't think Novak is really fast enough for that, but he's not really used in that way anyway. He's used to spread the floor and punish a team when they double Melo, so all he has to do is stand there.

Melo and Novak both benefit from that and it works well the way it is.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
i dont really care much about toney's minutes

but novak HAS to move his ass

zero points today? all of the attempted shots are from downtown? come on man.. get some sweat for god's sake

novak would help his game & his team much more when he moves around.. long jumpers wouldnt hurt either

i know he is no dirk, but he could be a semi-dirk.. which is enough

Running, novak.. give it a try

Bharan

Rookie
Baron isn't what he was. Lin is more of a floor general than any other player on the Knicks at the 1 position. He also penetrates regularly, which watching us play, is not where it should be for us to be effective offensively.

Lin should start and get his 33-36 a night imo. We've got such good defenders to make up for Lin's occasional lapses and his basketball IQ is just too invaluable.

elcol

Rotation player
novak needs to run off screens, he is DEADLY from three, why not utilize that instead of leaving him their waiting for him to get open. his long range game is wayy better than that.

skisloper

Starter
Douglas kept driving to the lane and then passing out.......Thats not his game....he needs to drive to the hoop and put up a shot......He is playing scared and thats not TD's game....again no outside shots needed by him but drive to the f'in hoop....

Kiyaman

Legend
Novak been on the Knicks long enough to show he is the Knicks 3-Man....4 design plays with double-screens shouldve been written up for Novak on offense (Kukoc/Houston) b/c Novak could hit 3-balls and peremeter-2's from the left & right side of the court (4th qtr. weapon & crunchtime).
Plus in tight games Novak moving without the ball gets double leaving an open-man.
Novak co-exist well in a frontcourt lineup of Jefferies & Tyson

I am a fan of Toney Douglas but....
Rookie Shump....took Toney Douglas combo-guard minutes plus injured Lin's PG minutes. Toney Douglas let himself become the odd-man out of the rotation by not practicing one offensive-play with any of his teammates....
Toney Douglas is a decent NBA offense/defense guard, but Toney dont co-exist with any of his teammates on offense or defense....which is sad.

Lin-Sanity jump into the rotation without a full practice, Lin practice low post plays with Tyson Chandler in games, which led to abundance of turnovers, but Lin's persistence at getting down low scoring from Chandler & Jefferies paid off....Lin got Chandler looking for a pass his first two steps in the paint, Lin hit Jefferies down low so many times it got Jefferies hitting all his layups LOL....Lin got Fields & Shump looking to take 10 to 20 foot jumpers....with Lin forever penetrating the lane Novak defender never ran with Novak out to the peremeter giving Novak 2 seconds for a open 3-ball shot.

Baron Davis watched Lin performance with teammates and repeated it....Toney Douglas playingtime in Orlando did little to compliment his teammates.