Tyson - Defensive Player of the year

metrocard

Legend
Ibaka, James, Howard, Tony Allen all have their agruments, but no has had the impact Chandler has had...he's well been worth the money and is the primary reason why we're a playoff team.

KingCharles34

All Star
Thats a good point, we went from being one of the worst defensive teams to one of the best and Chandler is the biggest reason why. We'd be lost without him, I was a little upset about us giving away our only PG (Billups) at the beginning of the season but I could give a fukk about a Billsucks now

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Ibaka, James, Howard, Tony Allen all have their agruments, but no has had the impact Chandler has had...he's well been worth the money and is the primary reason why we're a playoff team.
:agreed: not only has he been nothing but a blessing for us on the defensive end, but he has changed the mindset defensively for this whole team.

Woodson+Tyson+Shump+jeffries = Dominating Defense

If it was a the best defensive player in the NBA, than he would'nt be in contention but because he does everything well and the way NY has gone from a laughable defense to an actual force is why i think without a doubt he is the DOP.

He isnt the best rebounder,shotblocker or 1 on 1 defender but he is good at all of them and his intangibles are the best in the NBA. He makes up for guys mistakes, he communicates and hustles every play.

knicksgreece

Benchwarmer
Ibaka is a great defender but he plays for a team that every player has some defensive mentality on his own.The difference is that Chandler for the majority of the season was the only one playing defence and now he is pretty much holding the post on his own.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
He totally deserves it but he will never get it.

why? it's because all of the real contenders have better stats than his.

Howard and LeBron are the main ones, and LeBron will get it.

I hate giving awards just for stats, sometimes it's not fair

Kiyaman

Legend
Tyson Chandler = 2011-12 Knicks MVP

Thats a good point, we went from being one of the worst defensive teams to one of the best and Chandler is the biggest reason why. We'd be lost without him, I was a little upset about us giving away our only PG (Billups) at the beginning of the season but I could give a fukk about a Billsucks now

Having Tyson Chandler & Billups on the Knicks wouldve made us forget we also
have a Stat or Melo in the lineup....with Billups as our starting PG, Tyson Chandler
wouldve won the "Defensive-Player of the year" two months ago.
Think Big Ben Wallace.

:thumbsup:With out a doubt "Tyson Chandler" has been the Knicks best player throughout
the 2011-12 season....Knicks MVP!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

zshopa

Benchwarmer
Name one Center in this league who can guard Dwight and Bynum the most dominant centers in the league, better than Tyson Chandler............

Tyson Chandler hands down deserves this Award, and Definitely First Defensive Team.