Jackson's advice to Melo? Read my book!

pat

Starter
When will you guys realize Melo will run whatever the coach calls

its not like he's out there just taking the ball and not passing

Technically possible, but your No 1 on a team has to have some kind of say in what you are doing on court. Additionally what the Nuggets play under George Karl without Melo differs a lot from what they were doing when he was on the team (with J.R.).

NewYork

Benchwarmer
When will you guys realize Melo will run whatever the coach calls

its not like he's out there just taking the ball and not passing

also remember what Ronnie Brewer said when he signed "you can't watch Melo you gotta move without the ball"

How about the lack of a facilitator to run a quality NBA offense, how about the coach not even putting in a quality offense at all

its funny because people always assume everything is about ball movement or ISO ball

they look at his FGA and say he's a chucker but in essence it's all wrong

players play the system installed if we ran an offense that dictated finding great shots instead of good ones and had a facilitator no one would be talking about this

get a facilitator and install a real offense and then see how much things change
I don't think you understand what people are saying. What people are realizing is that Melo has to be that facilitator. He doesn't have to be the primary facilitator but he has to be someone who passes the ball out in order for the team to succeed because he takes the most shots in the team. If he doesn't pass the ball out when he has the ball in his hands that much, it only makes him predictable. If he doesn't learn that now he will only become worse as he gets slower and double teams become harder for him, and especially when younger, faster guys come into the league. He will only end up tiring himself out and demoralize the rest of the team. Its not like the guys on the team don't move around when Melo has the ball, the problem is Melo hardly ever passes! He doesn't even pay attention to the guys moving around! IF you kept moving around in a basketball game waiting for a pass and never get the pass, would you keep doing it? Nah, after a while you would just stand there and watch the guy do his thing..

CA7

Scoring Champ
I don't think you understand what people are saying. What people are realizing is that Melo has to be that facilitator. He doesn't have to be the primary facilitator but he has to be someone who passes the ball out in order for the team to succeed because he takes the most shots in the team. If he doesn't pass the ball out when he has the ball in his hands that much, it only makes him predictable. If he doesn't learn that now he will only become worse as he gets slower and double teams become harder for him, and especially when younger, faster guys come into the league. He will only end up tiring himself out and demoralize the rest of the team. Its not like the guys on the team don't move around when Melo has the ball, the problem is Melo hardly ever passes! He doesn't even pay attention to the guys moving around! IF you kept moving around in a basketball game waiting for a pass and never get the pass, would you keep doing it? Nah, after a while you would just stand there and watch the guy do his thing..

He's not choosing to do this, these are plays being called.

Now he does get trigger happy but we have a simple offense that's why there's no facilitating and everyone goes one on one not just Carmelo

its like people have no IQ, like when they say Melo thrives in ISO he really doesn't he's a beast in the pick n roll, off screens and a solid spot up shooter but unless you have an offense and a point guard you're not going to see him thriving at his best.

However I do wish he picked his spots better and let the game come to him

Kiyaman

Legend
Technically possible, but your No 1 on a team has to have some kind of say in what you are doing on court. Additionally what the Nuggets play under George Karl without Melo differs a lot from what they were doing when he was on the team (with J.R.).

Its the opposite .. Coach Karl 2012-13 Denver Nuggets performance u can compare to Coach Karl Sonics with (the Glove) Payton & Kemp .. uptempo transition team -vs- ISO-Melo slow-ball jumper team .. the opposite

Melo forced his way to be our PF in the 2012-13 season, but Melo position himself as a SG all season.
We went a season without a PF .. lucky we were in a weak eastern conference without any bigmen.
Melo or JR touching the ball on every offensive-play made us a poor facilitator team.
Melo & JR never moving without the ball or having the ability to catch the ball while moving made us a one-offensive-play team all season.

We had a 82 game season of ....
Averaging 4 points per game on fastbreaks, getting out-rebounded 4 out of 5 games, letting teams score in the paint at will .... all this blame goes on our poor performance PF .... having a PF (Melo) grab a defensive-rebound then dribble the ball down-court, rather than throw the ball to the PG, or throw a lob-pass to the teammate already down-court leads to the poor poor facilitating for our team.
Woody will yell and act the fool screaming at Copeland for making one mistake at the PF spot, but Melo makes 40 minutes worth of mistakes at the PF spot and Woody just stand there looking stupid .... Melo rules the Knicks...

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Its the opposite .. Coach Karl 2012-13 Denver Nuggets performance u can compare to Coach Karl Sonics with (the Glove) Payton & Kemp .. uptempo transition team -vs- ISO-Melo slow-ball jumper team .. the opposite

Melo forced his way to be our PF in the 2012-13 season, but Melo position himself as a SG all season.
We went a season without a PF .. lucky we were in a weak eastern conference without any bigmen.
Melo or JR touching the ball on every offensive-play made us a poor facilitator team.
Melo & JR never moving without the ball or having the ability to catch the ball while moving made us a one-offensive-play team all season.

We had a 82 game season of ....
Averaging 4 points per game on fastbreaks, getting out-rebounded 4 out of 5 games, letting teams score in the paint at will .... all this blame goes on our poor performance PF .... having a PF (Melo) grab a defensive-rebound then dribble the ball down-court, rather than throw the ball to the PG, or throw a lob-pass to the teammate already down-court leads to the poor poor facilitating for our team.
Woody will yell and act the fool screaming at Copeland for making one mistake at the PF spot, but Melo makes 40 minutes worth of mistakes at the PF spot and Woody just stand there looking stupid .... Melo rules the Knicks...

Metro this what i mean. He says all story book stuff. Like melo forced his way at power forward. That's so dumb. He didn't know stat was gonna be injured and if we was healthy melo wouldn't be a pf.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Metro this what i mean. He says all story book stuff. Like melo forced his way at power forward. That's so dumb. He didn't know stat was gonna be injured and if we was healthy melo wouldn't be a pf.

Where's the proof he "forced" to play pf? Oh its an opinion. Where's the source of this opinion? Can't find it? Cuz it doesn't exist, just pure hating.

Kiyaman

Legend
Where's the proof he "forced" to play pf? Oh its an opinion. Where's the source of this opinion? Can't find it? Cuz it doesn't exist, just pure hating.

u right, there is no proof .. however Amare was not the only PF on our roster.
PF- Amare
PF-Rasheed
PF-K-Thomas
PF-Copeland
And Camby came into the league as a PF.
It looks to me like GM Grunwald filled the PF position well for the 2012-13 season.

And u dont need a source to know why PF-Kenyon Martin went from max-salary to 10 day contract...

Kiyaman

Legend

Metro .... let Knicksince 93, know how well Melo did at the PF spot this season?
rebounding = C-
inside scoring = C-
boxing-out = F
screens & Picks = F
defending paint = F
put backs = F

I guess he didnt know why Woody always had that stupid look on his face lol

CA7

Scoring Champ
Metro .... let Knicksince 93, know how well Melo did at the PF spot this season?
rebounding = C-
inside scoring = C-
boxing-out = F
screens & Picks = F
defending paint = F
put backs = F

I guess he didnt know why Woody always had that stupid look on his face lol

Melo is possibly the best offensive rebounder and put back guy in the league so you're off there

Melo also posted a very nice opponent PER at the 4 so you're off again

He also shot 50% at the rim which is fine

He was also thriving as the pick man in the pick n roll/pick n pop off again **** boy

As for boxing out, how is one to judge that, you're a ****ing idiot for real, have no proof in anything you say

I think your parents were cousins

CA7

Scoring Champ
Wut?

He's good at putting back his own misses, that's about it.

50% at the rim is trash.

FOH he's a put back monster

50% at the rim for a player who gets no calls and is good at getting his own misses is fine

stop nit picking, respect his ****ing game

smokes

Huge Member
Nit picking? You call out one guy for having no proof to back up their claims and then you say Melo is a "one of the best offensive rebounders" (he isn't even in the top 50) and that he scores 50% at the rim which is good (??????).

Lol.

Sorry I forgot, only the people who criticize Melo have an agenda. Clearly the guy who's forum name is named after him and signed up to the forum shortly after he was traded to the Knicks is as impartial and unbiased as it gets.

knicksince 93

Rotation player

Because a coach adjusts to his star players strengths. People say they want melo to be this team player and completely change his game did yall not see how his production died when he tried that when lin was here. His scoring was stuck in the teens and it didn't work. Build the team around his skillset... Thank u ca7 its crazy how people think melo really controls everything that they do on offense

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Is it really a sin to say the man needs to improve on his game to elevate his team? Not sure why a lot of you guys are taking offense. He's a grown man, I'm sure he realizes by now everyone can improve on their game. Lebron has been improving and been getting better. Melo needs to improve too. If he remains the same he ain't going no where.

pat

Starter
Because a coach adjusts to his star players strengths. People say they want melo to be this team player and completely change his game did yall not see how his production died when he tried that when lin was here. His scoring was stuck in the teens and it didn't work. Build the team around his skillset... Thank u ca7 its crazy how people think melo really controls everything that they do on offense

Then, I am afraid, we'll have to accept not being a contender. Because what we are doing now (system wise) isn't going to take us to the promised land.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Nit picking? You call out one guy for having no proof to back up their claims and then you say Melo is a "one of the best offensive rebounders" (he isn't even in the top 50) and that he scores 50% at the rim which is good (??????).

Lol.

Sorry I forgot, only the people who criticize Melo have an agenda. Clearly the guy who's forum name is named after him and signed up to the forum shortly after he was traded to the Knicks is as impartial and unbiased as it gets.

I honestly never knew about forums up until that point, I came along KO on google

anyway, I explained why 50% was good for "him" not everyone, how many fouls get passed by when he's taking. Melo is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league, I really cant see how you can dispute that, he should however attack the glass more

as far as your agenda, you've never had one so dont call me about my ****ing username, WTF does it matter. Challenge my fan hood if you want but my knowledge of the game far exceeds most on this forum and thats not a shot at you

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I honestly never knew about forums up until that point, I came along KO on google

anyway, I explained why 50% was good for "him" not everyone, how many fouls get passed by when he's taking. Melo is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league, I really cant see how you can dispute that, he should however attack the glass more

as far as your agenda, you've never had one so dont call me about my ****ing username, WTF does it matter. Challenge my fan hood if you want but my knowledge of the game far exceeds most on this forum and thats not a shot at you

Melo might be one of the better offensive rebounders at his position.. might.

But he def aint one of the best in the league. Where are you getting that crap CA7? Do you have anything to back that statement up other than your opinion??

smokes

Huge Member

I just don't think 50% at the rim is good for anyone playing PF let alone the best scorer in the league. I wonder what Lebron's % at the rim is probably like 60-70%?

And as far as o-rebounding goes I just dunno where you get the idea that he's so good at it as I said he's good at getting his own misses but if he's not the one shooting he's usually not in a position to challenge for boards hence Tyson Chandler being top 3 in o-rebounds this year.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo might be one of the better offensive rebounders at his position.. might.

But he def aint one of the best in the league. Where are you getting that crap CA7? Do you have anything to back that statement up other than your opinion??

I watch the games and when he usually attempts to attack the glass Melo walks away with tons of rebounds, what do you want an advanced stat

I just don't think 50% at the rim is good for anyone playing PF let alone the best scorer in the league. I wonder what Lebron's % at the rim is probably like 60-70%?

And as far as o-rebounding goes I just dunno where you get the idea that he's so good at it as I said he's good at getting his own misses but if he's not the one shooting he's usually not in a position to challenge for boards hence Tyson Chandler being top 3 in o-rebounds this year.

I'm not saying its elite but the way he plays and the attacks you take it, sure he could finish the first time better but again we're getting into specifics

pay attention the stats all you want if you dont think he's a good offensive rebounder thats your opinion Im not going to turn this into a federal case but if anyone knows I do