Official Draft Thread 2010 LIVE

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I want to thank Donnie Walsh and the rest of the inept guys over at Madison Square Garden for showing me right now, that the Knicks wasted these past two in vain. Its obvious they have no idea that interior defense is MANDATORY to be a decent team in the NBA. to pick 2 outside players is just hilarious to me. For you guys who talk about trades for this player and that player, Please, I'm convinced that these guys don't know talent and dont know what it takes to win in the nba.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Im not going to lie, I'm not disappointed in the Rautins pick but come on another SF? We really needed to pick up a C and this draft was C heavy. Doesn't make sense to me...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Who did u exactly want that would make an impact at 38/39?

solamon alabi or Jerome Jordan the top 2 best available on the board and they just happened to be C's and it also just so happens we dont have any on our roster and havent had any in years. **** mike d'amphony worst coach in the league dude would rather look good losing by racking up point then win games. we needed a C desperately and he passed up the top 2 available

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
solamon alabi or Jerome Jordan the top 2 best available on the board and they just happened to be C's and it also just so happens we dont have any on our roster and havent had any in years. **** mike d'amphony worst coach in the league dude would rather look good losing by racking up point then win games. we needed a C desperately and he passed up the top 2 available

I am of the opinion that you don't pick a big for the hell of it. Look at thabeet, Okafur, jordan Hill last year.

A lot of bigs don't pan out. I agree we need one, but what if fields is trade bait or turns out to be usefull and we can get a useful center somewhere.

if they were that good they would not be here for us to pick

Red

TYPE-A
**** our drafting abilities..
Is it me?

These guys are clealy D'Antoni picks. Shooter in Rautin and slasher in Fields.
Big mistake. We'll see.

dammmmmmmnnnn why did we not pick jerome or solomon we need a c gor a g now we need a c damnnnnnnnnn not antoher sf
:whack:

Please see the above...

:shrug:

Who did u exactly want that would make an impact at 38/39?

How about a...
C
E
N
T
E
R

OR

A

G
U
A
R
D

:whack::whack::whack::whack::whack::whack::whack::whack::whack:

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
Is it me?

Big mistake. We'll see.

:whack:

Please see the above...

:shrug:

How about a...
C
E
N
T
E
R

OR

A

G
U
A
R
D

The centers at 38/39 are a dime a dozen now; Walsh can pick up a more seasoned center of that caliber easy. And we got a guard - shooting one.

mafra

Legend
It's almost like every year in the Walsh era, the guy he wants gets drafted right before we pick and we're so disorientated we really get lost in a daze and have no fallback plan-B, and seem to be forced into a position where we rush a pick to the podium.

I understand the Rautins pick. He's tough, hits big shots, has the pedigree and is excellent in once certain attribute (shooting). We need shooters. But to take this kid from Stanford? I live in Dallas now, and they were high on him but AS AN UNDRAFTED free agent.

We needed a shot blocker here. Hey, I realize odds are against this pick eben making the team, but err on the side of caution. Last thing we need is another SF.

BUT.... I CAUTION PEOPLE to remember there could be a trade. POR knows the Pac-10. They drafted a PG we like, and have Rudy Fernandez. There might be something going down.

I do find it funny how Stephenson and Varnado were the next 2 picks after us..... GULP!

Just another disappointing draft for us NYK fans.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I am of the opinion that you don't pick a big for the hell of it. Look at thabeet, Okafur, jordan Hill last year.

A lot of bigs don't pan out. I agree we need one, but what if fields is trade bait or turns out to be usefull and we can get a useful center somewhere.

if they were that good they would not be here for us to pick

ok that second dude is a SF right? and as it stands we have Gallo Chandler and Walker all sf's so why the hell do we need a forth??

and even though yea there have been C's who turn out to be busts there have also been SF who are busts and dont pan out as well as 2-guards

our biggest need for the last few years has been C's and you cant tell me a defensive C who runs the floor pretty well in Alabi is available and you pass him up for another D'amphony guy. i'd take my chances on those C's caus ethats a major team need and its the second round not like they lottery picks so take them cause we need em

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Does anyone in here think that any of the big time FA's are actually sitting at home and using this draft as an assessment of where they are going to go?

Really

YES, I think they are looking at the Knicks and saying 'Damn, these guys are real douchebags... They have no interior defense, they have no one who can block a shot, there is the TOP SHOT BLOCKER IN NCAA History on the board, and they don't select him.' I think said Free Agent then thinks, damn, why the muthafck would I play for a team who would rather select ppl who can shoot 3's(which they already have) then select a NEED, or At least the best player available. If i'm Lebron James, and I want to win a championship i'm looking at what Miami, Chicago and New York did and noticing that there is a difference in philosophy ...