Bill Simmons On Damphony

That reminds me, I have an idea to save the Warriors: You know how his Knicks experience exposed Mike D'Antoni as the Mike Martz of the NFL? In other words, he's an inventive mind who can coach a certain offense led by a certain quarterback, has no Plan B, and has little use for anyone who doesn't fit into that system. (Note: That he never played Anthony Randolph and had no idea how to use Corey Brewer, a guy who was immediately courted by every smart NBA team when he was released, should tell you something.) You know what his professional destiny should be? Running this run-and-gun Warriors team. He could win 44 games with them for the next few years, score 120 points a game and become the Don Nelson of his generation

Read the spot on Randolph and Brewer, he is dead right about Dantoni.

petescud

Starter
Yeah and we aren't masterminds. Dantoni is a very limited coach. Looks like a nice guy, but that doesn't win games. There has to be a good coach available this offseason. We need someone to get thru to all the guys and be respected

Yeah and we aren't masterminds. Dantoni is a very limited coach. Looks like a nice guy, but that doesn't win games. There has to be a good coach available this offseason. We need someone to get thru to all the guys and be respected

Rick Aldeman is available, he is reportedly unhappy because Houston won't get him any talent. He is an excellent coach and always gets the best out of his players. He has Houston 13-5 since Allstar break

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer

Exactly. While I wasnt happy when they first brought him to NY, I can understand why. At the time we were in cap hell, this was no secret, and had no real chance at competing. The best way to make us relivant at the time was to bring his entertaining offense to NY and give fans a reason to watch the Knicks until we finally were able to dump contracts and bring in some real talent.

His teams in PHX were entertaining to watch, but I never had the feeling that they were going to win a title playing that style of ball. I have nothing personal against the guy, I am italian myself and want to root for him, but for the Knicks to go to the next level they need to bring a coach in here that will emphasize defense. We already have top offensive players in Melo and Amare, scoring isnt the problem, its stopping the opponent from scoring. Hopefully bringing in a new coach and a coupe bigs will get this team to true contender status while we still have 2 stars in their prime.

Rick Aldeman is available, he is reportedly unhappy because Houston won't get him any talent. He is an excellent coach and always gets the best out of his players. He has Houston 13-5 since Allstar break
Agreed Rick Adelman deserves a Championship since getting screwed in 2002.His team is 3 games over .500 with Chuck Hayes at 6'6 and imagine how good he would do with our roster. :thumbsup:

Darko is one of the biggest NBA bust's of All-Time. That's not about to change anytime soon either. Not when Darko was once considered as being in the same class as LeBron & Melo. Many of NBA experts had Darko going over Melo some even had him going over LeBron.

I'll admit that he dropped the ball on AR. Everyone makes mistakes. No coach is perfect. That still doesn't change the fact that MDA was forced to turn over entire roster(s) & team(s) due to cap hell, expiring contracts & aging players. No coach in the NBA has been forced to not only play; but also start as many different players as MDA has in less than 3 years. Something that MDA critics fail & refuse to talk about. Talk about AR all you like, I'll talk about all the players he has played.

Nate (wasn't a team player).
Duhon
TD23
Billups
Carter
T-Mac
Fields
Chandler
Gallo
Shawne
Walker
Melo
Lee
Amare
Curry
Turiaf
Mozgov
JJ
Shelden

Just to name a few. AR was a career nothing/project. MDA wasn't the only coach who let him sit & learn....