Is RANDOLPH 7'0''? Still growing at 21

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Randolph is a 7 footer who could probably play SF if he can

Think of him as a Jonathan Bender who lived up to the hype, sort of.

I still think it's impressive that a guy as tall as him has the mobility he does.

Garnett is also reportedly closer to 7 feet - I remember reading that he intentionally had his height listed at 6'11 so he didn't have to play C

KBlack25

Starter
Honestly, I've said it before here...if Randolph can be what we think he is I don't really know how a team defends us in the post...We CAN (though it's small) play Amar'e/Randolph at the 4/5...most teams do not have strong enough defenders at PF/C to guard the athleticism we will have down in the paint. If Gallo can shoot as well as he showed he can a few games, this team is going to be nightmare-ish to defend. Felton can distribute, Gallo can shoot, Randolph and Amar'e have mid-range and low-post games...

Plus, with Turiaf off the bench (and the Russian House), we hopefully will have the rough defenders in the post to get a stop when we need it. Honestly, we have some decent guard defense...and if need be, I'll let a team settle for a jump shot in a big spot.

The talent is there, we are just young as **** right now...but Randolph is a potential top-10 guy...we could really have a a top-5 AND a top-10 PF/C.

KingCharles34

All Star
Honestly, I've said it before here...if Randolph can be what we think he is I don't really know how a team defends us in the post...We CAN (though it's small) play Amar'e/Randolph at the 4/5...most teams do not have strong enough defenders at PF/C to guard the athleticism we will have down in the paint. If Gallo can shoot as well as he showed he can a few games, this team is going to be nightmare-ish to defend. Felton can distribute, Gallo can shoot, Randolph and Amar'e have mid-range and low-post games...

Plus, with Turiaf off the bench (and the Russian House), we hopefully will have the rough defenders in the post to get a stop when we need it. Honestly, we have some decent guard defense...and if need be, I'll let a team settle for a jump shot in a big spot.

The talent is there, we are just young as **** right now...but Randolph is a potential top-10 guy...we could really have a a top-5 AND a top-10 PF/C.
Good post...Its hard to predict exactly how good we can be next year but the potential is crazy. Donnie is a genius for this, I cant believe what we got from GS for Lee. I like this team alot now, we got everything we didnt have...shotblocking, post offense/defense, and a point guard. That leads me to believe that Metro's prediction of 45+ is on point, we should have a complete team now for the first time since the days of sprewell, houston, kurt thomas, and camby

mafra

Legend
Good post...Its hard to predict exactly how good we can be next year but the potential is crazy. Donnie is a genius for this, I cant believe what we got from GS for Lee. I like this team alot now, we got everything we didnt have...shotblocking, post offense/defense, and a point guard. That leads me to believe that Metro's prediction of 45+ is on point, we should have a complete team now for the first time since the days of sprewell, houston, kurt thomas, and camby

Amazing, isn't it? In one feld swoop Walsh atones for the Jordan Hill mistake. It was imperative the Knicks get cap room AND draft-develop 2 lottery selections come 2010. This is the one thing that gets looked over when people talk about tanking 2 seasons. What could would Crawford-Randolph do if we were the 8th seed and gone in 6 days? NO future and no hope to draft talent b/c we would be stuck in the late teens!

In Gallo and Randolph we accomplished our mission. 2 young promising players with unlimited potential.

Lee could have walked for nothing. Instead he helps us out. We get Randolph plus perhaps a starting SG & C. BOTH defensive-minded role players.

WOW!

KBlack25

Starter
Amazing, isn't it? In one feld swoop Walsh atones for the Jordan Hill mistake. It was imperative the Knicks get cap room AND draft-develop 2 lottery selections come 2010. This is the one thing that gets looked over when people talk about tanking 2 seasons. What could would Crawford-Randolph do if we were the 8th seed and gone in 6 days? NO future and no hope to draft talent b/c we would be stuck in the late teens!

In Gallo and Randolph we accomplished our mission. 2 young promising players with unlimited potential.

Lee could have walked for nothing. Instead he helps us out. We get Randolph plus perhaps a starting SG & C. BOTH defensive-minded role players.

WOW!

This.

Lee was gone any way you slice it the second STAT said yes. Anything we got out of him was a bonus. Not only do we get something, we got some damn good talent out of the deal. And honestly, Randolph will be better than Lee.

mafra

Legend
This.

Lee was gone any way you slice it the second STAT said yes. Anything we got out of him was a bonus. Not only do we get something, we got some damn good talent out of the deal. And honestly, Randolph will be better than Lee.

I agree. This trade puts to be that awful feeling I had during the 2009 NBA draft. First, when Nelson stole Curry from us. And then when we bungled and drafted Jordan HIll. This atones!

Nellie helps us out and hands us (what he considers) players with injuries in AZ & TURIAF. And another player stuck in his dog house (Randolph). HIs loss is our gain. We both rely on bigs who can run, and we get that in this deal, plus, as an added bonus, we get defensive-mided players.

And with Anthony Randolph, we get that BIG PF/C we wanted.... That 2nd lottery selection we felt was imperative when Walsh took over.

PHEW! No more complaining about 2009!

Toons

is the Bo$$
MY BAD GUYS, RANDOLPH IS 20, NOT 21. HE'S GONNA BE 21 ON THURSDAY

Damn, he came into the league at 17. I see why the KG comparisons