When will the Knicks become MELO'S team?

nyrules16

Rookie
Right now, Melo is playing really well and has been the main reason we won the last two games. Of course Stoudemire is the main man but if Melo continues playing like this and Stoudemire continues playing in this slump could this soon become "Melo's team"?

Just a suggestion and your thoughts would be appreciated.

iSaYughh

Starter
When Amare continues his legacy of getting out-boarded by point guards, while getting paid 100M to allow more penetration than Jenna Jameson.

We need a center who one way or another will mask his flaws, and more importantly galvanize him.

Outta the crop...Deandre best bet. For his rebounding and effort...and while being opposite of a Perkins in constant Rape Mode,

He is considered such a likable teammate and locker room prescense, he can come in and reach STAT that way leading by example.

p0nder

Starter
I don't see it as being "MELO's TEAm" or STATS TEAM
They are both superstar players that are very important to the orginization.

Was it Nash's team or was it STATs team?
Is it Garnetts Team or is it Pierce's Team?
Is it LeBron's/Wades/Bosh's team?

with multiple stars on the team like this I don't expect either to hold the title of 'team owner' Both will be accountable, both with play hard, both with have slumps and hot streaks.

When Amare continues his legacy of getting out-boarded by point guards, while getting paid 100M to allow more penetration than Jenna Jameson.

We need a center who one way or another will mask his flaws, and more importantly galvanize him.

Outta the crop...Deandre best bet. For his rebounding and effort...and while being opposite of a Perkins in constant Rape Mode,

He is considered such a likable teammate and locker room prescense, he can come in and reach STAT that way leading by example.
Deandre is only what 22? He's still very raw and has lapses on D himself.. I don't look at him being the type to motivate Amare..

iSaYughh

Starter
Deandre is only what 22? He's still very raw and has lapses on D himself.. I don't look at him being the type to motivate Amare..

Tru. Young n raw. Ideally u want a Perkins...seasoned, grizzly force. But outta the FA crop...

His constant effort, hustle and rebounding is what Amare needs most. And being a guy teammates like and respect, despite his age...big plus.

I think he'd be a positive influence in the lockerook and on court.

It's not like STAT is a rote pussy either. He can be a bad man, and has swagger. Consistent effort, hustle, and seeing how a rebounding machine does it would be great for him.

He and Jordan just compliment too regardless. n STAT be a great mentor for him, especially offensively, either way.

Mike D’Antoni has to determine how he is going to proceed. Is he willing to check his ego and alter his philosophy to suit what Anthony does best or is he going to try to mold Antony’s talent to his will? The answer will determine D’Antoni’s future in New York. It is Antony team now, and if D’Antoni can’t get on board with that, he’s going to have to hit the bricks.

Quote from Tim Smith- NY Daily News Sports

This is simular to what I mentioned in another thread. It’s the players the coaches have to adapt to... not the other way around. You either get with the program or leave town.

I don't see it as being "MELO's TEAm" or STATS TEAM
They are both superstar players that are very important to the orginization.

Was it Nash's team or was it STATs team?
Is it Garnetts Team or is it Pierce's Team?
Is it LeBron's/Wades/Bosh's team?

with multiple stars on the team like this I don't expect either to hold the title of 'team owner' Both will be accountable, both with play hard, both with have slumps and hot streaks.
It was Nash's team
It's kinda Rondos team
It's Wades team

KingCharles34

All Star
I would def say phoenix was Nash's team

As for the other two, its tough to say....defensively it was garnetts team, offensively it was Pierce's team. He was the mvp of the finals in 08 when the celtics won and i think he was the best all around player on that team.

Miami? I kinda think its become lebrons team, what separates him from wade is that hes a better passer. Lebron is a great passer

The Knicks? Tough to say, I think that Carmelo is the best indiviual talent, but Amare has showed great leadership all year despite being soft as cottonelle defensively. My answer is that its Melo's team for the taking....stats got it right now, but if carmelo can play consistent on both ends of the court its all his.

From Amare and carmelo's perspective, i think they have to think like ponder. Dont worry about whos team it is, go with the hot hand and whoever happens to be scoring the best on that particular night. And Billups is still included in this convo he showed he can still reach the mid 30's even though hes in his mid 30's

STAT1

Starter
I get the sense this is Melo's team now just from what I've been observing he's usually the go to guy in crunchtime whenever he's in the game, that's the role he's used to playing & the one in which he's most comfortable. I personally think if the STAT-Melo tandem will ever work then it will be STAT who will end up having to concede some of the touches in crunchtime to his teammate. Leadership wise though I think STAT is still the de facto captain of this team.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
This should be Melo's team, I thank STAT for what he did for this organization, basically saving it but now that Melo's here he needs to continue his amazing role but realize Melo is in charge.

Kiyaman

Legend
First-Round Playoff Melo? com'on

Right now, Melo is playing really well and has been the main reason we won the last two games. Of course Stoudemire is the main man but if Melo continues playing like this and Stoudemire continues playing in this slump could this soon become "Melo's team"?

Just a suggestion and your thoughts would be appreciated.

The "Thoughts" of this thread should be kept silence.....
Carmelo is a high-scoring player like Amare, but Melo dont
have Amares athletic abilities, staminer, or stregnth.
"Amare annnnd Melo" are not strong leadership players with
charisma to have half of their teammates follow their lead.
It didnt happen in Phoenix or Denver.

The best leadership player on the Knicks inwhich "all"
the Knicks players will follow his lead throughout a
82 game season is..... Mr. Chauncy Billups.

What is holding this Knicks team back is the lack of coaching
from Damnphony. Billups have never been fond of a headcoach
with half of the talents of headcoach Rick Carlisle....Detroit Brawl.
Recall the 3 Detroit headcoaches Billups had after Carlisle...

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I think that this will definatley be Melo's team by seasons end. While I loved STATS leadership and the way he stepped up this year as becoming the "man" here in NY, Melo is the better player and it will only be a matter of time before this is his team.

As for the old PHX teams, there was no question in my mind that those were Nash's teams. Boston has always been Pierce's team as he was the one that lead them to their championship and is the captain. Miami is a tough one, I would of said Wade, but it seems as though LeBron has taken over the team and has always been the one with the ball in his hands with the game on the line as he is the overall better playmaker, even tough Wade is more clutch IMO.