Knicks sign guard Trey Burke

Sounds like Burke will be G League bound. Former top 10 pick by Minny in 2013. When he got heavy minutes his first couple seasons in the league, he was a 12 ppg and 5 apg guy, but with bad shooting. Shot better last year in limited minutes with Washington, but the fact the Knicks could get him like this tells you everything you need to know about how the league feels about his prospects, even only still at age 24.

tiger0330

Legend
Sounds like Burke will be G League bound. Former top 10 pick by Minny in 2013. When he got heavy minutes his first couple seasons in the league, he was a 12 ppg and 5 apg guy, but with bad shooting. Shot better last year in limited minutes with Washington, but the fact the Knicks could get him like this tells you everything you need to know about how the league feels about his prospects, even only still at age 24.
Thunder were ready to sign him but he backed out of the deal. Just was reading he may be headed to Westchester, that would be convenient for the Knicks since they don't have a roster spot. I thought Perry might be close to a deal for Lance or Quinn to make space for him. He might be the best PG out of Jack, Sessions and Baker despite the lackluster career he's had so far.

tiger0330

Legend
Thunder were ready to sign him but he backed out of the deal. Just was reading he may be headed to Westchester, that would be convenient for the Knicks since they don't have a roster spot. I thought Perry might be close to a deal for Lance or Quinn to make space for him. He might be the best PG out of Jack, Sessions and Baker despite the lackluster career he's had so far.
Just saw this on NBC sports, they said the same as me, might be the best PG on the Knicks.

He might stink, but he also might be the Knicks’ best point guard… Part 5. The #Knicks have signed point guard, Trey Burke. Welcome to New York, Trey! #NewYorkForever pic.twitter.com/cnwN88…

Kiyaman

Legend
We should have kept PG-Jerian Grant, he will be starting for the Bulls on their opening night, plus his passing skills improve tremendously over the offseason, looking like a NBA tier-2 PG in the preseason games.

We should have kept PG-Jerian Grant, he will be starting for the Bulls on their opening night, plus his passing skills improve tremendously over the offseason, looking like a NBA tier-2 PG in the preseason games.

We traded Grant along with Robin Lopez and Jose Calderon to get 2 guys who we let walk in free agency (Rose and Holliday) and a 2nd round pick that became Damyean Dotson. Holy cow are PJ's trades train wrecks in retrospect.

and1

Rotation player
We traded Grant along with Robin Lopez and Jose Calderon to get 2 guys who we let walk in free agency (Rose and Holliday) and a 2nd round pick that became Damyean Dotson. Holy cow are PJ's trades train wrecks in retrospect.

yeah, by the end of last season i was pretty sure we were going to at least make an attempt to keep holiday seeing as we traded those two guys for him and rose, and it was pretty clear they were going to let rose walk. but hey, what the hell do i know?
attachment.php

Attachments

• philNice.jpg
    philNice.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 18

and1

Rotation player
i don't mind this signing. i don't LOVE it, but i don't mind it.
so who's getting traded? because i'm getting the feeling they didn't sign this guy just to send him to westchester for the whole season.
anybody know what the terms of the contract are? i can't find it anywhere.
anybody know why he backed out of signing with the thunder?

tiger0330

Legend
i don't mind this signing. i don't LOVE it, but i don't mind it.
so who's getting traded? because i'm getting the feeling they didn't sign this guy just to send him to westchester for the whole season.
anybody know what the terms of the contract are? i can't find it anywhere.
anybody know why he backed out of signing with the thunder?
I'd bet Timmy had something to do with it, he's got a better chance being the starting PG here than OKC. Both teams could only offer the minimum, probably the same as Jack got a non-guaranteed minimum contract.

DL3aQxxVQAE5HAC.jpg

Broadway

All Star

Yeah he was pretty terrible here but Dotson may turn out to be the brightest spot of this season

This quote is classic Knick fail type talk...smh

I know what he actually means, but I like to interpret this quote as Burke saying that he will make our roster even if no other player we currently have is good enough to make our roster and we start the season just playing Burke against 5 guys.

Broadway

All Star
I know what he actually means, but I like to interpret this quote as Burke saying that he will make our roster even if no other player we currently have is good enough to make our roster and we start the season just playing Burke against 5 guys.

It's cool to have confidence but show some humility considering his set of circumstances. Trey you're barely hanging on in this league a player many had high hopes in. I do feel personally he could be our best point guard at present which isn't saying much but come on

and1

Rotation player
attachment.php

is that true, or is it a joke? if it's true, does that mean burke might be able to suit up for the knicks during noah's suspension?

Attachments

• IsThisTrue.PNG
    IsThisTrue.PNG
    14.1 KB · Views: 15

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

is that true, or is it a joke? if it's true, does that mean burke might be able to suit up for the knicks during noah's suspension?
It's true but we can only keep Jack or Burke and then only until Noah comes back. My bet is we keep Jack and send Burke down to the G-League. Let's see if Horn gives Trey some burn tonight.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks announced they have waived three players: PG Trey Burke, SG Xavier Rathan-Mayes, and F Nigel Hayes.

Burke was signed by the Knicks on Oct. 11, and did not appear in a preseason game. The former All-Rookie First-Team selection back in 2013 averaged five points, 1.8 assists, and shot 45.5 percent from the field last season with the Wizards.

Hayes and Rathan-Mayes were picked up by the Knicks after going undrafted back in June. The 6-foot-8 Hayes appeared in four of the team's five preseason games where he scored nine points in 33 minutes.

Rathan-Mayes appeared in three games scoring only two points in 28 minut