Tough Love from Steve Nash:

Just saw this article and said maybe he got something here. Knowing that most in this forum doesn't agree with Nash and myself. Put in a meaningless game 'Why are you playing 40 plus minutes'? Why are you shooting if you don't have the hot hand? Again knowing that most don't either want too or know but just plain that don't care because they feel it right(now right for the Knicks).

The word 'Earned' is used in this article. As most know I use it often in assessing RJ worthiness to play, to start, to be on the team. Nash for some reason decide to speak out on his godson. Why would Nash use the word 'Earn' in his view of his godson? 'Earn' What?? Well, I didn't see the game so there only the stat's. From the looks of the stat's the above questions should be answer by all that root for RJ. I know that most bury their heads in the sand when it comes to looking honestly at his existent on the Knicks. None wants to talk about how a rookie beat out 5 Players(3 vet with over 5 years ex. and 2 player with a year of ex). Also wins not 1 starting position but 2 starting position in practice and preseason games. Could Nash be telling the Knicks organization and Fanbase to wake the hell up about his godson? Well, in this case both have no one to blame but themselves for believing in this madness. At the expense of 'The Team' the F.O. and the fanbase went along with this B.S. and to this today spin 'How Great He is'.

What is truly unfortunate is that I as fan must suffer with this insane idea that he is going to get better. Nobody that knows talent and honest will tell you that it going to happen. THINK for a minute, "If you play 40 plus minutes a game and shoot over 20 times a game and only get minimal or average results. Then were is the growth going to come from? It only 8 minutes left in the game. So you expect Star power(Transformative and 'Move the Needle') in the 8 minutes that left? Being stuck with a F.O. and a player with RJ skills isn't a bright future for real Knick fans.

Steve Nash gives godson RJ Barrett 'tough love' in Nets' win (nypost.com)

mafra

Legend
Nash should worry about his team

Year 3 without Finals appearance would
Make this train a complete and utter failure.

Let the 21 year old kid prove it or not?

First they said he wasn?t NBA player. Then he wasn?t a starter. He keeps proving everybody wrong.

You want to see more what? Send RJ to bench for whom?

You called out RJ since day 1 and he?s made you look foolish. Keep posting. Gonna be fun in a few years to read these posts again.

After you said Dotson was better you lost all credibility. Since every post is anti RJ? it?s the boy who cried wolf.

Seriously, tho, you?re correct in that RJ must work on his efficiency on offense or he?ll just be another NBA body.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Nash should worry about his team

Year 3 without Finals appearance would
Make this train a complete and utter failure.

Let the 21 year old kid prove it or not?

First they said he wasn?t NBA player. Then he wasn?t a starter. He keeps proving everybody wrong.

You want to see more what? Send RJ to bench for whom?

You called out RJ since day 1 and he?s made you look foolish. Keep posting. Gonna be fun in a few years to read these posts again.

After you said Dotson was better you lost all credibility. Since every post is anti RJ? it?s the boy who cried wolf.

Seriously, tho, you?re correct in that RJ must work on his efficiency on offense or he?ll just be another NBA body.

Ok .. Rj Barrett is just a BUST in the 2nd half of the game at age 21.
Maybe the next two years receiving 40 min a game Barrett will be 25 yrs old. only being a Bust player in the 4th quarter.
It took the Knicks FO/and coaching staff 2 seasons of a 40 min performing RJ Barrett to find out Barrett's skills & talent are not a NBA SG, and stinks up the back-court as a guard.