Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers 10:30 pm 3/20/2017 [Game#70]

rady

Administrator
Staff member

header.jpg

NYK.gif
AT.png
LAC.gif

(27-42) -- (41-29)

VenueTVTIME
Staples Center, Los Angeles, CAMSG10:30 PM EST

Possible starters:

2546.png
201601.png

202498.png
201933.png

1626195.png
201599.png

201584.png
200755.png

201565.png
101108.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksLos Angeles Clippers
Joakim Noah - Sore Left Hamstring (OUT)Diamond Stone - Left knee bone bruise (OUT)
--
--

Game Preview

LOS ANGELES -- Despite a win over the short-handed Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday, Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers acknowledged his club is struggling. However, Rivers believes the Clippers will solve their problems.

"I think this team believes when right, and playing right, we can play with anybody, but we have not been a consistent team this year," Rivers said. "And that's probably, from a coaching standpoint, the thing that bothers me the most."

The Clippers (41-29) will try to ease their frustrations when they play the New York Knicks on Monday at Staples Center.

Los Angeles, which is 6-8 since the All-Star break, ended a three-game losing streak with a 108-78 romp over the Cavaliers at Staples. They kept the Clippers a half-game ahead of the Oklahoma City Thunder for the fifth seed in the Western Conference. The Memphis Grizzlies are a game back of the Clippers.

The Cavaliers didn't play LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love against the Clippers. Irving left Thursday's win over the Utah Jazz with a sore knee, while Love played for the first time in a month since undergoing knee surgery.

Despite their absences, the Clippers, who are 6-8 since the All-Star break, got off to a slow start. They trailed 16-14 after one period before outscoring the Cavaliers 33-15 in the second quarter for a 47-31 halftime lead. The Cavaliers didn't threaten again, allowing Rivers to rest his starters in the fourth quarter.

"I liked our defensive spirit and our (talking)," said Clippers forward Blake Griffin, who scored a game-high 23 points with eight rebounds in three quarters. "Even if we didn't get a stop, I thought our talk was great. I could hear who the low man was every single time."

The Clippers' recent woes don't compare to those of the Knicks. Against New York, Los Angeles has won nine in a row, including the last four meetings at home. Griffin collected 32 points, eight rebounds and five assists in a 119-115 Clippers win against the Knicks on Feb. 8 at Madison Square Garden.

The Clippers have won by an average of 16 points per game during their streak.

New York (27-42) is coming off a 121-110 loss Thursday at the Garden to the lowly Brooklyn Nets, who own the worst mark in the NBA. It was the Knicks' fourth defeat in five games and the second time they fell to the Nets in the past week.

With the result, the Knicks clinched their fourth consecutive losing season.

"Every year you come in with the mindset and the hope of being successful and having a good year, having a good team and having faith in the group of guys you have around you," Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony told Newsday. "This year it's a little disappointing due to the talent that we have. But yeah, it's more difficult this season than it has been in the past."

Forward/center Kristaps Porzingis sat out the setback to the Nets with a thigh bruise, but he is expected to play against the Clippers, according to Newsday. Porzingis, who sustained the injury Tuesday in a win over the Indiana Pacers, practiced for the first time Sunday.

Porzingis is averaging 18 points and 7.2 rebounds per game, second on the Knicks in scoring to Anthony, who is putting up 22.9 points.

(cbssports.com)

Thanks for another great game thread.

Don't expect a lot of Knicks fans to stay up for this one. This team looks like it is ready to pack it in/already has packed it in.

Kiyaman

Legend
Rady .. Thanks for the great Game-Thread .. my reason for the Clippers being a up n down above .500 team are because the Clippers has some nice pieces but has been missing a SF .. plus the Clippers defense has been a question mark every season in the playoffs as if Doc need assistant coach Thibs on the Clippers.

I will be up to watch Hornacek coach n substitute another Knicks LOSS!
Our 42nd Loss in 59 games prove we were never a .500 playing team in the 2016-17 season for reason of TANK coaching.

Kiyaman

Legend
Who do the Knicks have to stop the Clippers frontcourt tandem of Blake getting 20-10 and DeAndre gettin 20-15?

HGM & KP & Melo? smh
Melo & Lance? smh

Kiyaman

Legend
Best thing to say bout the first half .. Plumlee worth keeping .. Hornatank gave the Clippers 29 pts in the first qrt., plus gave Clips 34 pts in the 2nd qtr. ...HALF-Time Clips 63 -Knicks 53

Who are KEEPER for next season ?
I''m waiting patiently on Hornacek to coach a KEEPER game .. to prove he belong here next year

Kiyaman

Legend
Fish doing our game on TNT��

Wow! Fisher n Shaq said "the triangle-offense has 3 to 5 teammates hands touch the ball before letting Kobe do isolation play." Shaq said, Melo n Rose every play does not fit into the triangle-offense"

Plumlee didnt post-up down low one time in 20 minute plus he took a 3 ball shot .. not a keeper
Rose was selfish with the ball so much that on a 3 on 2 fastbreak Rose took it all the way .. not a keeper
Holiday n Baker got-got-got 3 times by Doc son Rivers .. not a keeper
Kuz n Lance made poor defensive Blake Griffin look like the defensive-player of the year .. not a keeper
Melo scored in the first half but got shut down again in the 2nd half of the game .. not a keeper
The four starters Hornacek selected at the beginning of the season KP/Melo/Lee/Rose still has not gathered any chemistry together to out-score opponents in their 70th game of the season.

The Clippers won the game at the end of the 3rd quarter having a lead 97-72
Hornatank !!!

Didn't watch the game, but I can see that basically ever single active player on the roster got minutes last night and Porzingis stayed on the court through basically the entire 4th quarter playing with both teams 2nd units in what was a blowout heading into the 4th.

paris401

Starter
Wow! Fisher n Shaq said "the triangle-offense has 3 to 5 teammates hands touch the ball before letting Kobe do isolation play." Shaq said, Melo n Rose every play does not fit into the triangle-offense"

Plumlee didnt post-up down low one time in 20 minute plus he took a 3 ball shot .. not a keeper
Rose was selfish with the ball so much that on a 3 on 2 fastbreak Rose took it all the way .. not a keeper
Holiday n Baker got-got-got 3 times by Doc son Rivers .. not a keeper
Kuz n Lance made poor defensive Blake Griffin look like the defensive-player of the year .. not a keeper
Melo scored in the first half but got shut down again in the 2nd half of the game .. not a keeper
The four starters Hornacek selected at the beginning of the season KP/Melo/Lee/Rose still has not gathered any chemistry together to out-score opponents in their 70th game of the season.
!

I like... so next year Me-Lo gets his wish... he doesn't have to play ISO any longer... he's the only one on the team....

I like... so next year Me-Lo gets his wish... he doesn't have to play ISO any longer... he's the only one on the team....

Actually, if you look closely, he says Melo is not a keeper either.

I think Kiya would have us rolling with O'Quinn, WHG, Randle, Porzingis, and maybe Lee next season. I would guess Noah too, if he was ever healthy.

tiger0330

Legend
I hope Horn plays the tank lineups he played yesterday the rest of the way. I said PJ has set up this team to do squat next year with the present personnel, only hope for next year is they draft a stud in the first round and they get lucky with those second round picks for next year plus that 25M in cap space if they let DRose go. Let's see more of Baker, Randall and Plumlee the rest of the way, play KP at the 5, nothing to play for this year so put lineups out there with a mind for the future and get as many losses as possible.

and1

Rotation player
so fish and shaq were talking about triangle offense last night? is that right? i didn't watch the game, so i honestly don't know.
are we seriously still talking about triangle offense? is it not obvious to everyone that phil manipulated this situation? he didn't like the fact that they were winning games without his precious triangle, so he had to sabotage things to the point where no one could really argue against his demand that they bring the triangle back? i mean, isn't that obvious?
this maniac's got to go, y'all. and when he's gone, they need to go ahead and replace that triangle in the official logo. i don't ever want to see that crap again.

paris401

Starter
is it not obvious to everyone that phil manipulated this situation? he didn't like the fact that they were winning games without his precious triangle, so he had to sabotage things to the point where no one could really argue against his demand that they bring the triangle back? i mean, isn't that obvious?

so in dec when we were 14/10 phil decided to kill the season???? where in reality do u live???