Game thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 12/25/2022 12:00pm [Game #34]

rady

Administrator
Staff member

gt.png

PHI.gif
at.png
NYK.gif

(19-12) -- (18-15)

Venue
TV
TIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
ABC / ESPN
12:00 PM EST

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Merry Christmas everyone, hope everybody's enjoying the holidays with their loved ones. Wishing you all the best from across the globe!

Kiyaman

Legend
Merry Christmas to every one !!!
The Knicks got ENERGY on Christmas
End of the first quarter .. Knicks 37 - 76ers 25

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't like Barrett stopping the ball-movement in the 2nd unit bench lineup
Randle N Brunson played all of the 1st qtr.

mafra

Legend
Brunson leveled by Harden with 2 seconds before half. Total blocking foul but refs didn’t want to award FTs so far from hoop. Figured half would just end. Unfortunately for NYK, Philly get ball and heave half court shot that goes in. Lead cut from 6 to 3.

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time .. Knicks 63 - 76ers 60
Milton with the buzzer beater 3
Randle's 25 points in the first half
McBride only played 4 minutes
And our Star PG had to play 20 minutes in the first half

mafra

Legend
Back to back possessions, RJ then Randle dribble ball off their feet. 4th Q offense has been awful during this 3 game losing streak. Taking ball out of JB’s hands hasn’t been good. When they lose to Mavs, streak will be 4L in a row.

We’ve been saying it all year… this is simple a meh team. 35-40 win squad. I’m pulling for 33, Leon pulling for 38… I prefer lottery, but Knicks prefer getting swept by 1-3 seed in first round.

At least PHI pulled away and spared us having refs award Embiid 30 FT attempts.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 76ers coach Doc Rivers played with us the first 3 quarters ..
To embarrassed us in the 4th quarter .. 116-102 76ers lead 5 min remain in game.

Recall .. Doc Rivers get a championship gave Tom Thibs his first job as a head coach

mafra

Legend
PHI 17-36 from downtown so far and Embiid awarded 22 FTs. This NYK roster not beating an elite team when they’re draining 3s and their star gets every whistle. Knicks had 15 FT attempts… Harden with 11 FT. 12 points from their bench. Philly is hit and this loss was inevitable. Knicks played team
Ball for 3 quarters… then offense went blah.

This a .500 team at best if they beat team with some of their best players out.
This what all you in this forum wanted with this F.O. and horrible H.C.
So what solves all of the problems that exist on this team?

Haven’t looked at the box score. What kind of scoring did you get from the center position?
I’ll say it again for the unteenth time, why didn’t you sign D.Cousin?? Outside of lob’s and dunks for MRob who doesn’t have a jumper. Hartenstein was a wasted FA sign.
They let Hunt go and kept some of those players that brought nothing to the table. Why cut him??? Stupid!’

mafra

Legend
I thought Hunt showed enough during SL to give him an honest look. Think of J-Lin, bc unless they get an actually shot in the game… you’ll never know.

IH can pass but that’s about it. Shooting is meh and his rebounding sub-par. Plus, he takes minutes away from Sims. Thibbs was playing him at the 4 today.

Mitch has no offensive game. Plus, they never pass it to him. There’s no flow or design to the offense. ISO down the stretch… they don’t want a big in the. Idle bc they want Randle or RJ to ISO from top and have room to drive. Just dumb. They are so careless with the ball… they don’t see pressure soon enough.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
As long as Barrett and Randle think they are true closers, we will never compete in the 2nd season,