Knicks Pre-season

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
BR Knicks trade for Butler.

1. Timberwolves Receive: G Frank Ntilikina, SG Courtney Lee, C Joakim Noah, 2019 first-round pick (lottery-protected)
  2. Knicks Receive:: SG Jimmy Butler, C Gorgui Dieng

Say NO to Butler!!!

Though he's a good player on the court, he likes to mess with teammates girlfriends smh

Also he's 29 years old this year. By the time KP and Knox hit their prime, Butler will be a senior citizen. I'd say stick with the youth movement and don't overpay aging stars.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
You know me .. I would give Minny our Tired-KP and Timmy for Butler and a 2nd round pick.
We dont need Mills dum decision contract to Timmy .. We have a much better performer in Trier.
We dont need a 7.3 NO double-double 38% shooting Tired-KP on the court for 32+ minute night ..
We have a 2-Way double-double Mitchell Robinson to replace him.

I hope you're not talking about Kristaps when you say "tired-KP" ...........

Kiyaman

Legend
BR Knicks trade for Butler.

1. Timberwolves Receive: G Frank Ntilikina, SG Courtney Lee, C Joakim Noah, 2019 first-round pick (lottery-protected)
  2. Knicks Receive:: SG Jimmy Butler, C Gorgui Dieng

Butler would have a hard time helping the Knicks win games having Timmy Hardaway Jr. in the rotation with him for 30 minute a night.
If the Knicks goal is winning games anytime soon then Perry has to get rid of Mills blunder signing Timmy's contract ASAP !!!

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
If that's the Knicks player that claim he was TIRED before we played 40 games in the season .. then yeah, i was talking bout him.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

He averaged 22 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocks per game while "tired"

imagine what he'll do at his best

tiger0330

Legend
Fiz still experimenting with his lineup despite this being the last pre-season game before the home opener. Shows in the score, Nets up 54-40 at the half. Baker and Trey the PGs in this game, pretty sure Fiz will go with Trey as his starting PG.

Broadway

All Star
Fiz still experimenting with his lineup despite this being the last pre-season game before the home opener. Shows in the score, Nets up 54-40 at the half. Baker and Trey the PGs in this game, pretty sure Fiz will go with Trey as his starting PG.

I agree although he's probably best suited to play the 6th man role. We probably should be starting Knits or Mudiay to better develop Knox who appears to have lost his mojo. He's not playing at all like a go to player. This team is going to quickly become Trey/THJR/Kanter's team and this is not the route to go. Fiz better be careful

We need to develop 2-3 of our younger players at the same time at all times starters/bench

tiger0330

Legend
We're getting thrashed by this BUM Nets team. The past two tinker with starters this team has looked awful
Vonleh has looked good, hit a 3 with pretty good form. Fiz doing too much experimenting for a final preseason game to expect any other results besides getting stomped on by the Nets. Nits not having a bad game but he looks to be coming off the bench this season. Knox I think gets the starting job but he could play himself back to the bench if he slumps. That's going to be a good game against the Hawks, Trae is fun to watch.

Broadway

All Star
Vonleh has looked good, hit a 3 with pretty good form. Fiz doing too much experimenting for a final preseason game to expect any other results besides getting stomped on by the Nets. Nits not having a bad game but he looks to be coming off the bench this season. Knox I think gets the starting job but he could play himself back to the bench if he slumps. That's going to be a good game against the Hawks, Trae is fun to watch.

No excuse for us to be playing this bad tinkering or not!

He is, I was obviously high on him as well as Doncic and he may be even funner to watch...they were traded for each other go figure!

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Knox mired in an awful shooting slump. Game too fast for him right now... I think it?s time to start LT and make the rook earn his playing time.

Having 3 PGs is like having 3 QBs... Knicks don?t have a PG.

Broadway

All Star
Did I mention that I love Hezonja. He's not anything special and makes some bone headed plays but he's also a game changer of sorts. He needs more PT I hope Fiz can see this. I think everyone and their mom knows the Nets are not lead for over half the game by double digits better than us

mafra

Legend
Good article over on the Atlantic about Knits, Knicks and PG position:

?Fizdale sees a comparison to Shaun Livingston, who was drafted as a dynamic point guard prospective but has evolved into a tweener-type over 14 years in the NBA, his career changed by a traumatic knee injury. Livingston is an efficient mid-range shooter and dangerous when posting up.

?I?m hoping that?s the kind of morph I can get out of him,? Fizdale said. ?Where he can post smaller guys, hopefully he can have more range than Shaun even though Shaun can make a three, but Shaun knows where his bread is buttered. That pull-up jumper and that post-up over the top of small guys, he?s made a living with that. He also guards everybody on the floor, he can get them in the offense. That?s where I do, I see Frank in that kind of mold, as a multi-talented, multi-faceted guy.?

If the developmental plan works out, the Knicks could have a high-level modern guard on their roster, one who can guard multiple positions and run an offense. If it doesn?t, they may have frittered away a chance to draft and develop a point guard who can also guard at an elite level ? which Ntilikina has shown signs of doing already ? and give them size and wingspan at a crucial position.

But if there is a fixation on position, it?s not coming from Ntilikina. He doesn?t care where he plays.

?In this offense,? he says, ?not really.?

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 19

tiger0330

Legend

“Fizdale sees a comparison to Shaun Livingston, who was drafted as a dynamic point guard prospective but has evolved into a tweener-type over 14 years in the NBA, his career changed by a traumatic knee injury. Livingston is an efficient mid-range shooter and dangerous when posting up.

“I’m hoping that’s the kind of morph I can get out of him,” Fizdale said. “Where he can post smaller guys, hopefully he can have more range than Shaun even though Shaun can make a three, but Shaun knows where his bread is buttered. That pull-up jumper and that post-up over the top of small guys, he’s made a living with that. He also guards everybody on the floor, he can get them in the offense. That’s where I do, I see Frank in that kind of mold, as a multi-talented, multi-faceted guy.”

If the developmental plan works out, the Knicks could have a high-level modern guard on their roster, one who can guard multiple positions and run an offense. If it doesn’t, they may have frittered away a chance to draft and develop a point guard who can also guard at an elite level — which Ntilikina has shown signs of doing already — and give them size and wingspan at a crucial position.

But if there is a fixation on position, it’s not coming from Ntilikina. He doesn’t care where he plays.

“In this offense,” he says, “not really.”
I was watching Michael Carter Williams this pre-season and as disappointing as his career has gone since winning the ROY, I was saying to myself the guy can actually play and if Nits could only be as good as MCW, shooting has held him back and Nits needs to become reliable shooter oherwise he'll wind up like MCW.

Kiyaman

Legend

?Fizdale sees a comparison to Shaun Livingston, who was drafted as a dynamic point guard prospective but has evolved into a tweener-type over 14 years in the NBA, his career changed by a traumatic knee injury. Livingston is an efficient mid-range shooter and dangerous when posting up.

?I?m hoping that?s the kind of morph I can get out of him,? Fizdale said. ?Where he can post smaller guys, hopefully he can have more range than Shaun even though Shaun can make a three, but Shaun knows where his bread is buttered. That pull-up jumper and that post-up over the top of small guys, he?s made a living with that. He also guards everybody on the floor, he can get them in the offense. That?s where I do, I see Frank in that kind of mold, as a multi-talented, multi-faceted guy.?

If the developmental plan works out, the Knicks could have a high-level modern guard on their roster, one who can guard multiple positions and run an offense. If it doesn?t, they may have frittered away a chance to draft and develop a point guard who can also guard at an elite level ? which Ntilikina has shown signs of doing already ? and give them size and wingspan at a crucial position.

But if there is a fixation on position, it?s not coming from Ntilikina. He doesn?t care where he plays.

?In this offense,? he says, ?not really.?

Speaking of Shaun Livingston .. If the Knicks cared bout Frank growth, the Knicks would have hired one of the two head-coaches that took Shuan Livingston game to the next level .. Jason Kidd or Mark Jackson !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Did I mention that I love Hezonja. He's not anything special and makes some bone headed plays but he's also a game changer of sorts. He needs more PT I hope Fiz can see this. I think everyone and their mom knows the Nets are not lead for over half the game by double digits better than us

Yeah .. it look like Hezonja will get the start till Lee is healthy .. Knox preseason performance look? look? look like it would be best for Fizdale to give him a small role coming off the bench when the regular season begins .. young Knox may/will need a lot of teammates/coaches help in keeping him prepared throughout the hard long 82 game season.