Knox out 2-4 Weeks

mafra

Legend
From Rotoworld:

Kevin Knox (ankle) expected to miss 2-4 weeks

Kevin Knox (left ankle) is expected to miss 2-4 weeks, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.

His ankle sprain did not look good and unfortunately this news isn't surprising. Knox had been playing well since the preseason and hopefully this injury doesn't linger like some ankle sprains can. With him out, the Knicks will likely play the matchups with Allonzo Trier, Noah Vonleh and maybe even some Mitchell Robinson. Trier looks like he may be the guy to add in deeper leagues.

?I said (to Knox), ?Welcome to the NBA.? You play like crap, you play great and then you get hurt,? Fizdale said. ?That?s the roller coaster of our league. And so this is good for him. He?s going to learn from this. He?s going to grow from this and come back stronger and better.?

Last edited:
Longer than I would have expected given that Knox is a young guy. Team probably just wants to play it safe. Hopefully he doesn?t miss the 1st month of the season with an ankle sprain.

tiger0330

Legend
Tough break for him but X-rays were negative. Didn't look that bad on replay but probably worse than it looked since he couldn't walk on it at all, needing help getting off the court. Knicks actually closed the Celts lead with him off the court so the boys can hold down the fort until he's healthy.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
He should rest until he feels 100%

In the meantime give Dotson, Trier and Robinson more playing time. They need to develop the youngsters as much as possible.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knox rolled his ankle... carried off the court.
that injury didn't look good, hope it's nothing serious

Knox fall and twist of the ankle looked ??? like he should be out till the Christmas Game .. this would give the ankle time to heal, and rehab time to exercise strength to jump.
Watching Mitchell Robinson perform flat footed vs Boston .. says Robinson preseason twist ankle injury hasn't healed fully yet to be jumping up and down. I guess thats why Fiz been limiting his playing time.
Let the two rookies rest ....
Coach Fizdale's 9-10 man rotation to start the 2019 new year are going to need both FortKnox and MitchRob healthy to run at top speed.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Its those bright candy corn looking shoes. Those are not good for ballin'

They remind me of the adidas runners. Hopefully he doesn't wear those puma ****s again

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He's going with the team on the road trip so he should be pretty close to returning

If there were no chance of him playing they'd probably just have him stay in NY and rehab/rest there

Kiyaman

Legend

I'm not ready for FortKnox return .. we need a 2-Way player for the 2nd unit bench lineup to replace coach Fizdale captain LT.
FortKnox need months of work using his arms and feet on the defensive-end of the court to become that 2-Way player.

The Knicks rotation are working with 10+ players ....
Kanter & MitchRob
LT & Vonleh
Mario & Dotson
Trier & Timmy
Burke & Frank
Mudiay
The Knicks coaching-staff will be complete when the organization give Rasheed Wallace and Chauncey Billups a 1 or 2 yr contract !!!