OT: Cablevision Has Officially Sold!!!!!

Broadway

All Star
How does this affect MSG which is the parent company of the Knicks? Might not affect Dolan at all.

It doesn't he spun them off some time ago, just read further info on it. I forgot about the fact he did this. At least he'll personally be less of an irritant to the public in the digital services industry. Still has presence with Knicks/Rangers/AMC Network/MSG Network/Daily News(I think they own them).

tiger0330

Legend
If anything, this might give Dolan more time to focus on MSG and its properties.
Dolan's problem has been getting too involved with the Knicks, he seems to finally be taking a hands off approach so that's a good thing. Only thing is despite what I've read about that he won't bring back Isiah despite the success he's had with the Liberty, I think he brings a championship to NY with the Liberty he's next in line to take over for PJ/Mills.

PJ really has to have some success this year and exceed expectations, a less than 30 win season will be a failure. He might paint it as progress but the reality is Affalo and Derek Williams two of his FA signings will be gone next year with a season like that and we'll be back to the revolving door lineup next season with little hope of signing someone like KD in the off-season.

Dolan's problem has been getting too involved with the Knicks, he seems to finally be taking a hands off approach so that's a good thing. Only thing is despite what I've read about that he won't bring back Isiah despite the success he's had with the Liberty, I think he brings a championship to NY with the Liberty he's next in line to take over for PJ/Mills.

PJ really has to have some success this year and exceed expectations, a less than 30 win season will be a failure. He might paint it as progress but the reality is Affalo and Derek Williams two of his FA signings will be gone next year with a season like that and we'll be back to the revolving door lineup next season with little hope of signing someone like KD in the off-season.

I feel like we are safe from Dolan until PJ retires from the Knicks. I don't Dolan will ever fire PJ, regardless of result, because Dolan is obsessed with keeping his hands on as many 'Stars' as possible. They are a weird pair for this franchise to have right now. Add-in Melo and the intrigue of our 19-year-old lottery pick and we are basically TV's weirdest reality show for the foreseeable future.

Kiyaman

Legend
I feel like we are safe from Dolan until PJ retires from the Knicks. I don't Dolan will ever fire PJ, regardless of result, because Dolan is obsessed with keeping his hands on as many 'Stars' as possible. They are a weird pair for this franchise to have right now. Add-in Melo and the intrigue of our 19-year-old lottery pick and we are basically TV's weirdest reality show for the foreseeable future.

STOP! Bored OWNER Dolan has more time now to read Knicks articles to keep managing his $100 million Knicks franchise.

Dolan has took control of the Knicks GM position in (the millennium) 2000, after firing GM Ernie Grunfield. Dolan hasn't let any Knicks GM have complete 100% control over managing the Knicks team.
Dolan may give the GM all control in a offseason, but when the regular season start NY media good or bad articles on Knicks has always made Dolan take control to add a player or get rid of a player.
Plus if the previous GM made a mistake or two, Dolan will take over until the GM contract ends.
Since the hiring of GM Layden in the 1999-00 season all the way to 2014-15 season to GM Phil Jackson, what has change?
Nothing really .. the coaching staff hasn't change, the quality of drafted players hasn't change, the trade of good players for bad players hasn't change, the steady signing of FA players that don't want to play for the Knicks hasn't change .. However what remains the same is Knicks owner James Dolan.

I once was a proud 20 year customer of Cable-Vision until last year.
I was forced to switch to verizon Fios cable service along with the majority of my friends.

Cable-Vision has turned into a automated machine company that gave plenty double talk, along with a nice increase in prices each year. Plus after getting pass all the automated voices and pressing 1 thru 5 several times you will have a long wait to talk to someone overseas in a different country over the phone to fix a cable-vision technical problem with the phone, or TV, or internet connection, this became time consuming when the phone keep getting disconnected.
Now that I left cable-vision, I receive calls on my house-phone twice a month for the past 8 months from cable-vision apologizing by offering me very cheap prices to sign backup for the total ultimate package again.

Last edited: