Phil Jackson's Job May Be In Jeopardy!!!

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Every time you criticize the Ntilikina pick it worries me. Ntilikina looks so good to me. He seems like the perfect pick for us regardless of system. Not sure what I'm missing where DSJ or Monk are clearly the better players.

I think you are saying this because the knicks picked him. I think if you insert any name behind the words "knicks Picked" you would be posting the same thing. There is nothing about this pick or player that seems so good as opposed to the options we had.. not saying he won't be a good player, but I think the knicks reached on this one. I honestly feel no team in the top 12 was going to pick this kid. I don't see an explosive player or a quick player or a dynamic player, I see a potentially steady and solid player.. to me that is blah....

I can be wrong here, we will see

I think you are saying this because the knicks picked him. I think if you insert any name behind the words "knicks Picked" you would be posting the same thing. There is nothing about this pick or player that seems so good as opposed to the options we had.. not saying he won't be a good player, but I think the knicks reached on this one. I honestly feel no team in the top 12 was going to pick this kid. I don't see an explosive player or a quick player or a dynamic player, I see a potentially steady and solid player.. to me that is blah....

I can be wrong here, we will see

Not to put words in your mouth, but you basically called me an "idiot Knicks fan" here.

No, I don't just like the pick because the Knicks picked him. I like the pick because I spend a good chunk of my life on the internet reading about basketball and watching basketball. I like Ntilikina because I like the video and internet reports on him.

It's fine if other people want to tell me why they don't like the pick, but don't tell me why I like the pick.

Broadway

All Star
Hoopshype reporting that Tim Leiweke, former Toronto Raptors executive, will be assisting the Knicks front office now that PJ is gone. Leiweke is the executive who hired Ujiri to the Raptors in 2013.

Connect the dots. Ujiri is going to be our guy if we offer enough money and Toronto releases Ujiri from the end of his contract.

It's going to take a haul but I'm cool with Masai

tiger0330

Legend
Hoopshype reporting that Tim Leiweke, former Toronto Raptors executive, will be assisting the Knicks front office now that PJ is gone. Leiweke is the executive who hired Ujiri to the Raptors in 2013.

Connect the dots. Ujiri is going to be our guy if we offer enough money and Toronto releases Ujiri from the end of his contract.
Toronto is going to want compensation, they have Mills as an interim. I would wait if I was Dolan and not give up any draft picks to sign him and Zeke is a possibility even if Dolan said he'd never be back in NY. Coming from a guy that 4 months ago said he was going all the way with Phil, saying IT ain't coming back doesn't mean much.

tiger0330

Legend
I'll puke if we trade for a team exec.... please don't, unless a couple second rounders...
Not even for 2nd rounders for what not waiting another year before his contract is over. Doc had 3 years left on his deal with the Celts and got a 1st for him but this is only one year and it's not like they're lacking a GM with Mills there.

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like KP gained 10 lbs of muscle after hearing PJ was fired. :)

DDU_gLTXcAAJqyE.jpg

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Not to put words in your mouth, but you basically called me an "idiot Knicks fan" here.

No, I don't just like the pick because the Knicks picked him. I like the pick because I spend a good chunk of my life on the internet reading about basketball and watching basketball. I like Ntilikina because I like the video and internet reports on him.

It's fine if other people want to tell me why they don't like the pick, but don't tell me why I like the pick.

well I said I think, I am not sure I told you anything.. But let me ask this, would you have picked this kid with pick 3-5? because there was a guy picked right behind him that was projected to go as high as top 4. That smith kid. And I am 100% sure that had we picked him you would have said the same thing. I am not calling you an idiot Knick fan, I never used the word idiot. A lot of us spend a lot of time on the internet reading about basketball, and a lot of us spend a lot of time on forums, which is why I was confident in what I said. I think you and many others like you would have been overjoyed regardless who the knicks picked. Thats cool, that is what a lot of fans do, I am just trying to add some perspective here..

At what point will knick fans raise their expectations of this team. It's ok not to like a pick, I don't root for the knicks like I used to after they got carmelo, I have standards I won't compromise. And looking at this pick from a knick standpoint, why would I like this pick? I am not saying he is a bad kid, but I see a very ordinary player with this kid and I also trust Fran's Opinion on foreign prospects he is usally spot on and he sees a "solid Player" . Knicks could have traded down and got this kid and more prospects. I honestly believe that. knicks need a game changer, they are just not in position to get "solid players"..

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Speaking of funny did anyone see Lavar in the WWE. He's got some talent for it, he's a big dude too, bigger than the Mizz. If Lonzo is a bust, he could join the WWE for a living. lol

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Speaking of funny did anyone see Lavar in the WWE. He's got some talent for it, he's a big dude too, bigger than the Mizz. If Lonzo is a bust, he could join the WWE for a living. lol

LOL I am glad you posted this, I haven't seen the whole thing yet, and this is just so embarrassing, Lavar is making a fool of himself, this dude has no shame when it comes to making a buck I guess.... wow....

tiger0330

Legend
LOL I am glad you posted this, I haven't seen the whole thing yet, and this is just so embarrassing, Lavar is making a fool of himself, this dude has no shame when it comes to making a buck I guess.... wow....
His son Lonzo is cracking up. Say what you will about Lavar but he has a little charisma.

well I said I think, I am not sure I told you anything.. But let me ask this, would you have picked this kid with pick 3-5? because there was a guy picked right behind him that was projected to go as high as top 4. That smith kid. And I am 100% sure that had we picked him you would have said the same thing. I am not calling you an idiot Knick fan, I never used the word idiot. A lot of us spend a lot of time on the internet reading about basketball, and a lot of us spend a lot of time on forums, which is why I was confident in what I said. I think you and many others like you would have been overjoyed regardless who the knicks picked. Thats cool, that is what a lot of fans do, I am just trying to add some perspective here..

At what point will knick fans raise their expectations of this team. It's ok not to like a pick, I don't root for the knicks like I used to after they got carmelo, I have standards I won't compromise. And looking at this pick from a knick standpoint, why would I like this pick? I am not saying he is a bad kid, but I see a very ordinary player with this kid and I also trust Fran's Opinion on foreign prospects he is usally spot on and he sees a "solid Player" . Knicks could have traded down and got this kid and more prospects. I honestly believe that. knicks need a game changer, they are just not in position to get "solid players"..

I like the Ntilikina pick. I think he has as good a chance as any of the guys picked from #7 on to be a very good to star player. Not sure what else to say. DSJ is getting a lot of love right now. Not sure he has earned it.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The REAL problem with Phil was how he treated his own team. The other stuff he was either not good and/or inexperienced. It doesn't matter how you feel about them, you don't do what he did. KP doesn't get a pass, but he wasn't bad mouthing his team.

He didn't let coaches coach how they wanted. He made Hornacek speak to the public on something he should have been doing. He gave Melo a no-trade clause. All that was very bad, but pales into comparison to trashing your employees.

Even if Melo is a Knick next season, at least the distractions and bad stuff could be far less greater. Hopefully no distractions at all.

I hope Phil finishes in the NBA on a good note. A shame all this happened.

tiger0330

Legend
The REAL problem with Phil was how he treated his own team. The other stuff he was either not good and/or inexperienced. It doesn't matter how you feel about them, you don't do what he did. KP doesn't get a pass, but he wasn't bad mouthing his team.

He didn't let coaches coach how they wanted. He made Hornacek speak to the public on something he should have been doing. He gave Melo a no-trade clause. All that was very bad, but pales into comparison to trashing your employees.

Even if Melo is a Knick next season, at least the distractions and bad stuff could be far less greater. Hopefully no distractions at all.

I hope Phil finishes in the NBA on a good note. A shame all this happened.
John Sally thinks he winds up with the Lakers helping them. I think he should buy a horse and ride out into the Montana sunset, 24M in unemployment I would.

and1

Rotation player
Can we fire Hornacek while we're at it, he's not cut out for this seriously he's not and he's a dead man walking.

we should not fire anybody else, especially not the coach, until we figure out phil's replacement. if phil's replacement wants to bring in their own coach, then so be it. but until then, keep horny and see what he can do now that he's free of those triangle handcuffs.