Phil Jackson's Job May Be In Jeopardy!!!

Do people really like the job David Griffin did in Cleveland? Lebron was a gift and he put together nowhere near the team around him that Riley assembled in Miami.

Please no to Calipari. We don't need another circus show. Too bad about Ujiri. Hinkie feels like he was pushed out of the league by the NBA itself.

Who else is out there?

tiger0330

Legend
Do people really like the job David Griffin did in Cleveland? Lebron was a gift and he put together nowhere near the team around him that Riley assembled in Miami.

Please no to Calipari. We don't need another circus show. Too bad about Ujiri. Hinkie feels like he was pushed out of the league by the NBA itself.

Who else is out there?
We don't really need a president, we need a GM more than anything. There are promising ass't GM's out there so maybe we should set our sights a little lower and consider hiring an ass't like the Nets did with Marks, also Myers and Pelinka came from the sports management ranks so that's another place I'd look. Myers obviously has done a great job with the Warriors and Pelinka has a similar background.

Broadway

All Star
I think I first suggested Griffin when PJ got canned. He's available, no compensation required and he got to 3 finals. I'd offer him the GM job and not the combined responsibility of President/GM. Give him the
title of VP bball ops if he's looking for a title. Dolan can keep Mills around as Pres if he wants.

I think Griffin should be considered but not a shoo-in for the gig. Without Lebron we're not talking about him right now, and if Lebron leaves Cleveland he would shoulder plenty of responsibility there. None of their players are desirable right now outside of Lebron except maybe Kyrie. Cleveland doesn't really have a future if Lebron leaves.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
We need to hire someone that is very familiar to the Knicks organization, and New York city Big Apple ..
Hire Mark Jackson as GM/Head coach ASAP !!!

Demote Hornacek to assistant coach, let Mark Jackson be the head coach for the two season of rebuilding.

Kiyaman

Legend
The dismissal of Phil Jackson would have been great if Phil traded Melo n KP on draft night for some winning players than a week later rid our self of Phil Jackson.
Dont want any feed back on the Hype of Melo n KP both prove to be LOSERS in every area of B.ball.
Recall .. the only thing i like bout the Melo trade in 2011 were the Knicks getting Chauncey Billups to go with Amare.

tiger0330

Legend
Here's Griff's resume and there's nothing that stands out suggesting he's an ideal fit for the stage of where our franchise is at. Not bad but not good either

http://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/griffin01x.html
Gotta say you're right when you read all those deals he's done, a few hits and a lot of misses. In defense of him, Cavs went to 3 straight finals and he always seems to come up with a few players that can help come the playoffs despite having no cap space and the highest payroll.

mafra

Legend
Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim believes the triangle offense is "the worst offense ever," per ESPN's Myron Medcalf.

Boeheim, who has the second-most wins in NCAA history (1004), thinks Knicks ex-president Phil Jackson didn't have the personnel to run the triangle especially in the case of F Carmelo Anthony.

"The triangle is the worst offense ever, unless you have Michael [Jordan] or Kobe [Bryant]," Boeheim said.

Broadway

All Star
Get rid of Phil and everything is great right?...Steve Mills is trying to weasel his way to the top but check out what muses the brain trust

A video of Melo working out...I realize we live in the social media age but not sure why his workout videos are running heavy rotation. Melo works out during the offseason, he has pretty much every since he came into the league. Okay cool he's working out constantly in a hoodie getting busy but...

He's being laughed at by the guys smarter than Phil, the guys that are going to take us to the promise land. Laughing at him while at Summer League at that

Broadway

All Star
I think that Griffin will be our new GM very soon ..

On a side note, am I the only one that vomits every time I see Ramona on tv? :barf:

I really don't want Griffin but if he's hired then I hope he gets his pickings to surround with and run this team, please get rid of these present bums.

tiger0330

Legend
Yes that's him here's a close up you can tell, how embarrassing

I actually remember when the camera cut away during a TO to show this. They didn't mention on air what Gaines was watching on his phone, he was smiling and I guess he was telling the guy next to him about it. Mills didn't even look over so he wasn't interested or didn't hear Gaines.

Broadway

All Star
I actually remember when the camera cut away during a TO to show this. They didn't mention on air what Gaines was watching on his phone, he was smiling and I guess he was telling the guy next to him about it. Mills didn't even look over so he wasn't interested or didn't hear Gaines.

Mills looked over slightly, he and Gaines were the main ones laughing although I don't think Mills was as interested as Gaines. Still Phil's fault they were watching this video and goofing off