PJAx goIng nowhere

Broadway

All Star
Well its official end of the Melo era in NY. Phil told him the Knicks want to go in another direction, haven't been able to win with him. Now Phil has to find a deal but Melo is going to expand that list of teams he'll go to and may even go to a rebuilding situation like the Lakers. I think after today, you can't keep him on the roster, have to take any deal for him inc Rivers, Jamal and a 2021 protected first as stupid as that is for Menlo.

He never should've resigned him to begin with but there are theories out there as to why he did. With that said he came to this conclusion a yr too late at a minimum because he wasted a developmental yr with #kporzee/rebuilding if not 2. As you said you have to trade Melo for whatever is the best offer out there. We probably won't be able to do much better than the Kings did with Cousins...Melo is sunk costs.

Our fans have had such a hard time accepting Melo for what he is and what his value is!!!!

In a way maybe it was best for Phil to have waited until the season was over to come full circle with everything. He should've stayed completely quiet this season, what I'm confused about is why he didn't tell him this when they met around the midway point in the season. Why did he ask Melo if he wanted to remain a Knick?

This isn't all Melo's fault so I hope for the jilted sake ones they realize much more needs to be done, than ridding ourselves of just Melo

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, the 3rd season in a row i have to grade president Phil Jackson with another "F" for FAILURE!
Phil Jackson is to old n mentally senile to be Jeanie's Man, or to coach a team, or be a teams GM .. former players of Phil Jackson indirectly mention Phil's capabilities to succeed today are no longer there .. Phil is famous in the NBA for having a coaching-staff and roster of players on the Same-Page .. something Phil has not done in NY the past 3 seasons.

Melo does not get any of the blame of Phil's three season failures in New York .. Melo has been the same individual scorer Melo that entered the NBA in 2003 .. All of Melo's winning regular-season in the NBA had great team-leadership players on the roster from Melo's rookie season teammates of Camby, Nene, Miller, Boykins, Lenard, Barry, to Melo's career receiving super-star teammates having playoff FINALS experience that took Melo to 50 win seasons like Iverson, K-Mart, Camby, Billups, Rasheed, Kurt Thomas, and Jason Kidd. Melo is a high scoring player, what Melo is not is a Winning player!
So Melo gets none of Phil Jackson blame of Failure for managing a Knicks team to get 50 losses per season.

tiger0330

Legend
If Phil can't get that equal player back in a Melo trade he has to be looking for a go to guy this off season since he doesn't think KP can or should carry the load for the Knicks since he's only 21. KAT is carrying the load for the Wolves so age has nothing to do with it.

Get ready for PJ to bring back DRose if the market for Rose is cold in the off season. Rose told him he wants to come back to see if he can make up for this horrible season.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
The silver--lining with the re-signing of Melo.... we were still able to grab lottery picks with the 2 first rounders we had regardless. So, in a way, no harm no foul.

Broadway

All Star
Sounds like Phil is thinking about bringing Rose back.

Phil knows he has no point guard options at present, he has to fake news it with Rose publicly. Otherwise you'd have to question every point guard draft prospect interest if this were true. Rose's agent also said winning is priority 1,2, and 3 and Phil has openly told Melo we ain't winning anytime soon. Put 2 and 2 together Rose is ghost

We absolutely better not bring him back

Last edited:
We are a lottery team again next season. Trade Melo. Let Rose walk. Watch Noah spend the whole season injured and/or suspended. Hope that Porzingis, WHG, Baker, whoever we draft this year, and maybe a few other guys develop. Try again in 2018.

Broadway

All Star
Thx for posting it. Missed it and want to hear.

Yeah just finished watching off on NBA.com, didn't see Tig's drop until now. Lots of quotable info...I get Phil and what he's trying to accomplish unfortunately he hasn't adjusted well to the "modern" NBA.

Towards the end I got a little chuckle on Phil's mindset when it comes to Melo and what team he'd fit on. lol Phil is hoping for some first round surprise exits for sure, probably Cleveland.

I go back to what I spoke on Melo's desire of where to play, Washington Wizards is probably the best fit for him but I could care less where he lands. One thing is for certain he's a goner...Phil wants good value back in return but understands we might not get it.

Really hope we move on from Rose but if he were to return he's probably going to play more minutes as a 2 guard. Phil all but admitted he's not a "point guard."

He talked a lot about defense which is probably why Frank and Jackson are tied to our interest, draft wise.

jimkcchief88

All Star
If Melo goes PJAx needs to be gone right behind him. We have seen the Knicks win a with Melo, the same can't be said after Phil arrived. I think there is some thought that the Knicks will be magically better just because Melo is gone. The whole mix didn't work and Phil put it together from top to bottom. htr10 is right we will be right back in the lottery next year with PJAx still baking the cake:(

mafra

Legend
I have absolutely no problem re-signing Rose if we deal Melo. He's still elite at scoring in the mid range.... as king as it's a 1-3 year deal... I'm cool with it.

tiger0330

Legend
Now Phil is in hot water with the players union.

Michele Roberts, the National Basketball Players Association executive director, criticized Phil Jackson over comments the New York Knicks president made about Carmelo Anthony.
"We voiced with the Commissioner today our view on the inappropriate comments by Knicks President Phil Jackson," Roberts said in a statement. "If players under contract cannot, under threat of league discipline, speak openly about their desire to be employed elsewhere, we expect management to adhere to the same standards. The door swings both ways when it comes to demonstrating loyalty and respect."

mafra

Legend
Now Phil is in hot water with the players union.

Michele Roberts, the National Basketball Players Association executive director, criticized Phil Jackson over comments the New York Knicks president made about Carmelo Anthony.
"We voiced with the Commissioner today our view on the inappropriate comments by Knicks President Phil Jackson," Roberts said in a statement. "If players under contract cannot, under threat of league discipline, speak openly about their desire to be employed elsewhere, we expect management to adhere to the same standards. The door swings both ways when it comes to demonstrating loyalty and respect."

The problem is, didn't Melo do just just that with his comments? Door does
Swing both ways.

and1

Rotation player
somebody please use this as a way to figure out how to get phil the hell out of here.

paris401

Starter
somebody please use this as a way to figure out how to get phil the hell out of here.

I'm all for putting him on a overbooked united flight back to la... but then what... new gm... u know a new gm will want his own coach.... so any forward progress that we had (did we have any??) will be gone... what a mess...

mafra

Legend
Some clues regarding my the direction we may go this summer:

Among the free-agent wing defenders: Andre Iguodala, who could slip in nicely to replace Anthony as starting small forward; P.J. Tucker, who loves Hornacek from Phoenix; and Memphis stalwart Tony Allen. Rugged-defending combo forward Taj Gibson is a New Yorker and has told confidants of his desire to one day play for the Knicks.

If Jackson doesn?t land a point guard in the draft, the free-agent market is decent. He will have no shot with Anthony ally Chris Paul, but Jeff Teague, Jrue Holiday (whose brother Justin is a Knicks free agent), George Hill, Shaun Livingston and Kyle Lowry are fair game. Lowry?s agent is Jersey-based Andy Miller, who represents three Knicks (Porzingis, Willy Hernangomez and Kyle O?Quinn). Cap space is an issue, however. Even if the Knicks renounce Rose, they?ll have just $22 million of cap room to spend. That could increase as one of the assets of an Anthony trade.

The Knicks also have two second-round picks this June. Jackson said his college scouts aren?t looking for the best athlete, but team-oriented, cerebral skills being more important because of their triangle future. That is why his former Bulls scout, Clarence Gaines Jr., is so treasured.

?We know what we want, and we are interested in developing that and turning away from just say this guy can jump out of the gym, this guy can do a triple-double game or dunk the ball,?? Jackson said. ?That is not what we are interested in. We are interested in skill players that know how to play together in team form.?

--------

Would signing Holiday, Gibson, and Tucker make up for the loss of Melo? I believe so....

paris401

Starter
. “We know what we want, and we are interested in developing that and turning away from just say this guy can jump out of the gym, this guy can do a triple-double game or dunk the ball,’’ Jackson said. “That is not what we are interested in. We are interested in skill players that know how to play together in team form.”

Phil...was that your interest last summer when u brought in Jennings,noah, lee..etc.. or is your philosophy changing once again??

Broadway

All Star
Phil...was that your interest last summer when u brought in Jennings,noah, lee..etc.. or is your philosophy changing once again??

Or when he targeted players the summer before... traded 2(Grant/Lopez) of them(who he traded them for(Rose) he tried to trade said player this yr) and tried to trade the other(O'Quinn) this yr, all guys who tried to play within the system, HELLOL!

Funny thing is Grant and most certainly Lopez came up huge yesterday against the Celtics in Game 1 and the Bulls couldn't have had a more dysfunctional season. They found leadership within and righted their ship based on what was in their locker room

mafra

Legend
If we don't sign Noah or make the trade for Rose.... and instead we sign Wade... That's NYK beating BOS last night.

Yeah, this is Phil's third attempt and building something here. Hopefully, since this is the first true attempt to rebuild instead of reconstructing a roster to complement Melo, so he'll be competitive.... Maybe this time he gets it right.

Sounds like Rambis and the triangle is what's causing this toxic environment in the locker room
Tho.