Micheal Kay: Knicks offer to Nuggets

LJ4ptplay

Starter
lol I've heard Curry called an ass around here not an ASSet. It's a huge risk for Denver if they sign the guy and expect that he'll ever amount to anything. Almost 100% certain they waive him before he ever plays a game for Denver.

Exactly!

Can someone explain how Curry's expiring contract is an asset to the Nuggets? It doesn't give them cap relief, because if they just wanted to save money, they could let Melo walk for nothing. The only reason it is in the deal is to make salaries match. That's it. Curry has zero value except for a team looking to dump a long-term/large contract (e.g. Okafur, Igudoula, etc.) and rebuild.

Gallo is not enough to get one of the best players in the league. Denver will want more and I don't want to gut the franchise for a player that will be a free agent next year and wants to sign with the Knicks anyway.

Our best chance at Melo is next year. Other teams can offer Denver much better deals than we can. So, we wait.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Exactly!

Can someone explain how Curry's expiring contract is an asset to the Nuggets? It doesn't give them cap relief, because if they just wanted to save money, they could let Melo walk for nothing. The only reason it is in the deal is to make salaries match. That's it. Curry has zero value except for a team looking to dump a long-term/large contract (e.g. Okafur, Igudoula, etc.) and rebuild.

Gallo is not enough to get one of the best players in the league. Denver will want more and I don't want to gut the franchise for a player that will be a free agent next year and wants to sign with the Knicks anyway.

Our best chance at Melo is next year. Other teams can offer Denver much better deals than we can. So, we wait.

They can, but they would have to gut some lofty packages and lose major value, and I imagine few GMs will want to do that. I also imagine that the closer the trade deadline approaches, the more desperate the Nuggets front office might become. Of course, this is all speculation . . . let's wait and see. One thing is for sure, the Nuggets have no reason to trade Melo now. It makes no sense to do so.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Trading Gallo would be stupid. Melo is going to be a free-agent. Doesn't anyone have patience??? I mean imagine the Star power and potential talent we will have next season. We would be so deep and have so many weapons.

Stop already. I would love to have Melo but come on why trade our home bred potential star when we most likely will get the player regardless. Hate this move.

If they can accept Curry, Chandler, and I hate to say it Douglas and a Future First. Then go for it. But don't give in. We already got raped so many times on trades. I tried it in the trade machine it works out. I know I hate to lose Douglas too but I rather have Gallo.

Trade Chandler!!!! Not Gallooo!!!
I also want to point out that according to the ESPN trade machine, The Nuggets would be better off with Walker, Chandler and Curry, then gallo and curry.

with Gallo: -11 wins
with Chandler, Walker: -6

The Nuggets already have a shooter in JR. They would benifet more from Walker and Chandler plus a 1st and second rounder.

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
Trading Gallo would be stupid. Melo is going to be a free-agent. Doesn't anyone have patience??? I mean imagine the Star power and potential talent we will have next season. We would be so deep and have so many weapons.

Stop already. I would love to have Melo but come on why trade our home bred potential star when we most likely will get the player regardless. Hate this move.

If they can accept Curry, Chandler, and I hate to say it Douglas and a Future First. Then go for it. But don't give in. We already got raped so many times on trades. I tried it in the trade machine it works out. I know I hate to lose Douglas too but I rather have Gallo.
have you ever heard of resigning him during the season just like the nuggets are doing now

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I don't want him if we have to give up Gallo in a trade.

A trade that would include Curry, Chandler and Douglas sounds fine to me. If we can do the deal like this, make it happen. Otherwise fack em'. I don't want Melo that bad anyway.

Now if was for Paul, that'd be different..

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Unbelievable.

That's such an unrealistic offer. Denver don't need Curry's contract to benefit for one, and whether anyone here likes it or not - Melo is much better than Galo. And our next first round pick is in 2398 so how is that helping anything?

I'd say a trade is more likely than a FA signing unless Denver didn't pay any attention to what happened to Cleveland this off season.

Tearing up the team for one player the likes of Melo to partner with Stat doesn't seem like the right move to me either. Losing depth for the sake of another head down, shoot first, pass second player........ No thanks.

Paul1355

All Star
Great, trade Gallo let's be a dominate team again.

Listening to Micheal Kay on espn 1050, this is the latest according to his sources close to the situation. The Knicks are offering Eddy Curry, Danilo Gallinari, and a future 1st round draft pick for Carmelo.

Please not Gallo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey i love Gallo but his shooting slump last season told me that this guy might not blossom untill a couple of years into a consistent offensive threat.

I do think he will improve to a 20 ppg scorer in no time, but he might be very inconsistent, 30 one night...14 the next...12 the next time then back to 26..like that.

Melo is a consistent super star that can score from anywhere in any way, Gallo can be a young Dirk but give him a good 2-3 years before making an all star team.

Melo puts us a level above from a B- team which we are now to a A- team that can go to the Eastern Conference finals. We still could not beat the Heat unless we had Chris Paul but we would win 2 or 3 games in a series with Felton, Azabuke, Melo, Amare, Randolph...and a bench of CHandler, Douglas, Turiaf, Mozgov, Mason jr, Walker.....not bad

portega1968

El Cacique
Unless we risk losing Melo to the Magic, Id rather not offer Gallo in the deal. Chandler, Curry, Walker, Douglas, etc. for Melo would be a steal, but Gallo's shooting is an asset for this team in the long run and we should hold on to him and sign Melo next summer. I can live with not going for a title this year if we can have a better team for the following 5 years.

I really would not want to give up Gallinari even if its for Carmelo Anthony. Dont get me wrong Carmelo Anthony as a knick and lighting up the Garden would be a real joy for me but giving up Gallinari would make me really dissapointed and disheartended. It really would be a very tough day for me if Gallo reported by Micahel Kay has to be included to get Carmelo Anthony right now rather than wait next year becoming a free agent. Gallo, Randolph are off limits for me. However if Raymond Felton and whoever else not Amare has to be included to get Carmelo then maybe i would say fine. Hopefully Donnie and the knicks can work some magic off their sleeve and have a third team invloved to get Carmelo Anthony. I think getting rid of Danilo to get Carmelo right now would be a big mistake and beibng patient rather winning right now is the best thing do. Sure getting Carmelo along with Amare would net you more victories if the report of Michael Kay is true but i just cant fathom and get over the fact if the Knicks are considering trading to Gallo to get Carmelo right now to win right way. Absolutely reports of Carmelo badly wanting to play in N.Y. as a knick seems to be on the point but isnt it best and more wise to offer him the money when he enters free agency. :afro:

jimkcchief88

All Star
If Denver will take Eddy's expiring contract and the cock with a 1st rounder, I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat. Let Denver worry about developing Gallo. Melo would make us a viable force in a much improved each.

I understand what your saying and definetly Anthony along with Amare would net you more victories and go deeper into the playoffs but i really think its just wise and prudent not to give up Gallo just to get Carmelo right now when we offer can offer the amount money to him entering free agency. I know Carmelo is a superior athlete but giving up Gallo to get Carmelo right now isnt good judegement and smart on management when Gallo can be a valuable piece to the knicks on doing what it takes to win and for the team. Dont get me wrong but id really would be physced buzzed and amped up to watch Carmelo Anthony as a Knick and electrify the Garden but just not to trade Gallinari to get Carmelo right away to net us more victories and deeper into playoffs. :beer:

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
For the people who talk about waiting for free agency I'd like you guys to take a trip to the time machine to the begining of the summer, and look what transpried then when the knicks waited til the off season to try and get a player via free agency. Stop the madness people. This is a good trade, even if they throw in chandler and someone else not named Randolph, or Stoudemire. I would rather keep Galllo but hey when the Yankees traded for A-Rod I would have rathered keep Sorriano,but that didn't happen and shouldn't of happened. The factt is to get a superstar you have to get rid of a superstar or potential superstar or gut a team... The knicks already did the gut job to no avail, so they wouldn' t be going that route again,

And to bring back the point of Sorriano and A-Rod,(too lazy to go and search for the poster who originally suggested this trade as a similiarity but u were right on) At the time Sorriano was arguably the best or top 4 at least 2nd basemen and potential hall of fame numbers... I would venture to say more of a sure shot than Gallo now appears to be... in the end he had some great seasons after the trade and has been wildly successful, BUT hr hasn't been Arod..

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If Denver is stupid enough to take a Gallo + Curry + Draft Pick deal for Carmelo we pull that deal like nobody's business.

I like Gallo. I like Gallo a lot. I think he has star potential in this league.

But we're talking about quite possibly the best scorer in the entire world here, guys. Even if Gallo hits his ceiling he's not going to be as good as Carmelo.

As long as we keep one of Gallo and Randolph I'll be happy. It'd also be awesome if we could center the deal around Wilson Chandler, but sadly I don't see it happening.

smokes

Huge Member
What people don't seem to get is there is a good reason for not pulling the trigger on this trade. Just because we can sign him in free agency next year we could also lose him in free agency next year.

A Knicks team with Gallo is a much more attractive prospect than a Knicks team without Gallo, coming into the free agency period.

The only thing I wonder is who plays where if we sign Melo in 2011. Melo at the 2? Not sure how that'd work out.

mafra

Legend
The good news is that GALLO had that lights-out game against DEN last season, so they got an upclose look at the potential that lies dormant in Gallinari right now. He showed enough flashes last year that it should peak the interest of whoever takes the GM reigns for the Nuggets.

I mean, what team has a more exciting, CHEAP, young, promising prospect they could dangle for Melo? Add Curry's expiring contract into the mix, and a future first rounder (even if expected to eb a low 20s type selection). I mean, what could ORL offer that would be on par with this package?

I think the Knicks should do everything possible to keep 2 of the young 3 (Randolph, Gallo, Chandler). I think Randolph would be untouchable, b/c of our depth at SG/SF.... and need for bigs. I also feel as though giving up BOTH Gallo and Chandler would be too much. Again, what are other teams offering?

I would prefer to deal Chandler instead, b/c of Gallo's shooting touch and how that compliments the foundation we are trying to build around.

BUT.... if push and bluff came to shove.... you HAVE TO make this deal.

FELTON/Douglas
Azubuike/Mason
MELO
Stoudemire
Randolph/Turiaf

With Wilson Chandler as the 6th man. That's a pretty good team. Top 4 in the East.

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
Eddie, Gallo, and (1) first round pick for MELO?...
If I'm Donnie Walsh..I do that deal naked....

Get it done Donnie!!!!:thumbsup:

LeFlume

All Star
To all the "I wanna keep Gallo" people. Would you have traded Carmelo Anthony if he was career Knick to in order to get Gallo?

No effing way right? So pls stop.."I wanna keep Gallo"...He will never come close to be the player 'Melo is. I would trade 4 Gallo to get half a 'Melo..