Keeping Chandler?

KingCharles34

All Star
trading/not resigning chandler would be like when the suns traded marion....Felton/Nash and Amare were/are the two most important pieces, but the third piece (Marion/Chandler) is also very important. I knew once the suns traded matrix for snaq that the suns were done. They sorta replaced Marion with Hill, but Hill is alot more of a finesse player. Not hatin on him, hes still a good defender and has made a great comeback these last few years. But Chandler and Marion are bigger and stronger, allowing them to be more physical. Because of this they can play PF where u cant really play hill at PF. Its great having a player like Chandler that can play multiple positions, defend, rebound, shoot from outside, slash...hes very versatile, a perfect fit for this system and team.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
trading/not resigning chandler would be like when the suns traded marion
You can't compare the two... Marion was an all-star and an elite player for years; Chandler has had an awesome 3 months this season and was above average last season... People stop making this more than it is at this point. Again, I love Chandler and hate to be the guy that has negativity towards him but you can not compare him to Marion in his prime!!

They sorta replaced Marion with Hill, but Hill is alot more of a finesse player.
Hill a finesse player?

Not hatin on him, hes still a good defender and has made a great comeback these last few years. But Chandler and Marion are bigger and stronger, allowing them to be more physical. Because of this they can play PF where u cant really play hill at PF. Its great having a player like Chandler that can play multiple positions, defend, rebound, shoot from outside, slash...hes very versatile, a perfect fit for this system and team.
Chandler is a sub-par defender, a very good shot blocker and is starting to really pick up his offensive game... He is versatile and is able to play 3 positions; although he seems to be at his worst when paling the 2 spot but he is able to spot in from time to time. I want him on this team but not a 12 mil a year.... He is not worth that kind of contract! If he insists on big money or he won't sign, I would offer 3 years 30 mil but I would not give him 5 @ 60 mil; He still has to prove that he can play at this level consistently year in and out!

Walsh thinking smart if we can retain Chandler and have Melo we should just trade Randolph ad Azzy for Varejo

Felton
Fields
Melo
Amare
Vareajo

Bench: Turaif Gallo Chandler Douglas

C'mon son that's a Chip

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I've enjoyed the points back and forth very much.

I will add that although Chandler is very good, he is not better than Iggs yet. Iggy is nice..

Hometheatre is right on w regards to the two players.

KingCharles34

All Star
You can't compare the two... Marion was an all-star and an elite player for years; Chandler has had an awesome 3 months this season and was above average last season... People stop making this more than it is at this point. Again, I love Chandler and hate to be the guy that has negativity towards him but you can not compare him to Marion in his prime!!

Hill a finesse player?

Chandler is a sub-par defender, a very good shot blocker and is starting to really pick up his offensive game... He is versatile and is able to play 3 positions; although he seems to be at his worst when paling the 2 spot but he is able to spot in from time to time. I want him on this team but not a 12 mil a year.... He is not worth that kind of contract! If he insists on big money or he won't sign, I would offer 3 years 30 mil but I would not give him 5 @ 60 mil; He still has to prove that he can play at this level consistently year in and out!
They play a similar role but tell me where i said chandler is as good or better then Marion. Your one of the last posters on here that should be calling anybody out.

Hill is a tough player but he doesnt go to the boards like marion or even chandler does. He cant play the power forward position as well as they can. To me your post looks like you were just trying to call someone out, anyone to redeem yourself. You sorta came up with your own conclusions, when you actually bring up a point thats worth my time ill get back to you. And we aint makin no trades for Dwight Howard :lol:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
They play a similar role but tell me where i said chandler is as good or better then Marion. Your one of the last posters on here that should be calling anybody out.

Hill is a tough player but he doesnt go to the boards like marion or even chandler does. He cant play the power forward position as well as they can. To me your post looks like you were just trying to call someone out, anyone to redeem yourself. You sorta came up with your own conclusions, when you actually bring up a point thats worth my time ill get back to you. And we aint makin no trades for Dwight Howard :lol:

First of all; my trade for Dwight Howard was something for fun and something I threw up there for discussion.
Second - You stated that trading Chandler would be like when the Suns traded Marion. I'm saying that the impact would not be the same because Marion (at the time) was a superior player to Chandler today... So I feel Chandler could be replaced easier than Marion was.
In my time in this forum I have contributed more quality posts than you ever will!
Also, anyone who pays homage to Marbury has NO CREDIBILITY whatsoever!!!

First of all; my trade for Dwight Howard was something for fun and something I threw up there for discussion.
Second - You stated that trading Chandler would be like when the Suns traded Marion. I'm saying that the impact would not be the same because Marion (at the time) was a superior player to Chandler today... So I feel Chandler could be replaced easier than Marion was.
In my time in this forum I have contributed more quality posts than you ever will!

Lol Y U mad?

Smh YOu catching feelings

KingCharles34

All Star
Dont try to act like you werent serious with that dwight trade. That was one of the worst threads on this site in recent memory, worse then the Amare is a fraud thread (sorry knicksfan ill give u green when i can). Theres still posts of mine in a old starbury thread that you never responded too. I dont remember what thread it was but i bodied u clown. When i need a new home theater system installed ill hit u up but until then i dont wanna here another peep outta you :teeth:

p.s. neg rep

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
He's showing a lot of maturity and is showing he has a lot more potential than people think. Chandler has been injured in most if not all off-seasons, now imagine what he can improve with that much time. His value on this team is high and is absolutely a keeper.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Again, I didn't say anything about Gallo but in my opinion he is not better than Chandler although he has a specif role; to be a long range threat. I would not offer him a huge contract either.

You did say that if Millicic and Charlie Villanueva is getting x-amount of dollars than Chandler is worth Y-amount...
Funny you should use those examples since they got big contracts based on their previous year.... Perfect example of how you can over pay for a player because they had a career year... In Millicic's case just 2 months.

I appreciate the back handed compliment but I do not think that my opinions are nonsense. I've been in this forum since 2004 and I have read so many absurd and delusional trade ideas. To say that trading for Iggy is stupid (not specifically by you but other people here) and that Chandler is the same player just goes to show the pure ignorance of the average poster here. I have watched Iggy play many times; he gets double teamed constantly because teams respect his explosiveness and his long range shot and while Chandler might have a slight edge offensively (especially free throw shooting), Chandler can't hold a candle to Iggy's defense! And that is a fact!! If you come at me with Chandler's blocking I will come back with Iggy's steals and his assists...

I agree that Iggy is a better all around player right now and nobody is arguing the lockdown defender he is. I also agree with the fact that overpaying based on recent performance is terrible i. e. Jerome James on Sonics in one playoff series. However, I think Chandler because chandler's stock is so high we may have to overpay a little bit, while not ideal thats a tough reality. However, I do feel 5 yr 50-55 Million is fine if Chandler has a reasonable rest of the season and playoffs.

So why Chandler over Iggy, I think we can get more value out of signing Chandler as he is "good enough" and will allow us to pursue other pieces. While I think Iggy is great and all I am not sure how well he would fit into our scheme and I'm not thrilled by his contract. Perhaps this is my personal preference.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Dont try to act like you werent serious with that dwight trade. That was one of the worst threads on this site in recent memory, worse then the Amare is a fraud thread (sorry knicksfan ill give u green when i can).

First of all, I write in this forum for fun so when I put together a trade idea; it's just for fun. Everyone, including myself, was caught up in the Melo drama so I came up with an alternative trade I thought would better suit the Knicks. I also based my trade on rumors I red that Dwight was unhappy and wanted a change. It's funny, but only a few weeks after I made that trade suggestion, Orlando blew up the roster in order to make sure Howard stays..... So my trade wasn't completely unfathomable.

Theres still posts of mine in a old starbury thread that you never responded too.

I went a long time with out really posting a lot in this forum due to work. Home Theater is a hobby but I have been a systems/network engineer for 15 years, managing IT departments 10 of those years so I was extremely busy. So, I didn't post in anyone's threads... Also, there was a time I was just tired of arguing about Marbury and bowed out.

I dont remember what thread it was but i bodied u clown. When i need a new home theater system installed ill hit u up but until then i dont wanna here another peep outta you :teeth:

p.s. neg rep

I don't know what "bodied" means or applies so I don't know if it is a negative condenation or not...

moneyg

Starter
Mr HT guy

all im sayin is chandler is not a sub-par defensive player... thats a flat out silly statment...do u know what sub-par means... below average..u cant be serious

while i understand that iggy is a good young player...

i see chandler and his willingness to work to get better and develop and cheaper price tag as a better option for us..

we dont know how iggy will fit...

he puts up good numbers on a bad team...

he is not a deffernce maker

the only thing iggy does better thand chandler is in the assist deparment and slightly better in steals..

Will is a better robounder, better shot blocker, better scorer, better ft shooter, better 3pt shooter, better fg%.. i dont want iggy on the ft line late in games because he is not thatgood ther

will is more verstile.. iggy can not play pf while Will can play the 2-4..and doesnt need plays ran for him...

while i can't say that philly would be a better team with chandler versus iggy they wont be much worse

i dont think any of us can say that the knicks will be better with the reverse.. but i highly doubt it

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Could The New York Knicks Get Carmelo And Keep Wilson Chandler

Many in New York believe that if Melo were to become a Knick that would mean the exit of Wilson Chandler. Not so, says Berman. Chandler has three ?Bird years? which means that the Knicks could over the cap in order to resign him.
Denver is really in a position of weakness at this point, and it seems like the Nuggets and camp de Melo are in a game of chicken. The best trade partner for Denver is clearly New Jersey, however Melo seems intent only signing a long-term deal with New York. Stay Tuned.
http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/a..._get_carmelo_and_keep_wilson_chandler/3916892

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
all im sayin is chandler is not a sub-par defensive player... thats a flat out silly statment...do u know what sub-par means... below average..u cant be serious
Listen, just because you say he is good defender doesn't make it so. I think people get confused by someone like Chandler who can blocks shots and rebound as a good defender. Chandler gets SMOKED by his man time and time again; he is unable to successfully disrupt his opponents game unless he blocks their shot... He doesn't body his man up a prevent them from scoring! Also, you can't do an honest "apples to apples" comparison of Chandler and Iggy since they play entirely different positions. But, keeping all things equal, Iggy CAN stop his man from scoring simply by his defensive ability and prowess. He is one of the more stronger guards in the league, he has phenomenal defensive tendencies and abilities plus very good lateral quickness. When he uses his quickness and strength along with his NATURAL defensive abilities, he shuts down his opponent. Chandler doesn't shut down his opponent. In fact, most of his blocks comes off when he assists or in transition. He really couldn't stop anyone when he was playing the 5 and struggles at the 4. Yes, he is a very good rebounder; so is Landry Fields.... Also, Chandler has developed a sweet stroke from 15 ft and out... Plus is obvious ability to get to the rim... Iggy on the other hand, like Chandler, can take ti to the rim and throw it down. Where he lacks is a consistent mid range jumper yet (oddly enough) he has a decent 3 point stroke... Go figure.. Plus his anemic free throw shooting.
Iggy sees double teams night in and out.... He is a great player on a bad team, I believe he would be an awesome player on a great team like the Knicks.

while i understand that iggy is a good young player...

i see chandler and his willingness to work to get better and develop and cheaper price tag as a better option for us..

Cheaper price tag? Rumors are his camp is looking to get right around what Iggy is making so as of next season he will NOT be a cheaper option.

we dont know how iggy will fit..
You can say that about any player you bring to a new team/system/City.

he puts up good numbers on a bad team...
What makes you think he won't be awesome on a great team like the Knicks? He plays in a major city so it's not like he is a big fish in a little pond...

he is not a deffernce maker
He's not??? There has been so many games that he has taken the 76s on his shoulders! Do you even watch 76s games?

the only thing iggy does better thand chandler is in the assist deparment and slightly better in steals..
Really, that's the only thing? You need to stop looking at comparison charts like nba.com that only gives you general statistics. If you want to really break down his stats go to http://82games.com/.... You will be singing a different tune!!!

Will is a better robounder, better shot blocker, better scorer, better ft shooter, better 3pt shooter, better fg%.. i dont want iggy on the ft line late in games because he is not thatgood ther
Again go to http://82games.com/ and look at their clutch statistics... You can't just form an opinion based on some general statistics you found... Either base an opinion based on seeing both players live... multiple time... like I have and or use some of the fantasy statistics boards to get more specific stats so you have a better understanding of the player.... Also, I don't want any video game opinions either!!!!

will is more verstile.. iggy can not play pf while Will can play the 2-4..and doesnt need plays ran for him...
Iggy is 6' 6" so.... Yeah he can not play the 4.... So Chandler is a 'tweener while Iggy is a position player...

while i can't say that philly would be a better team with chandler versus iggy they wont be much worse

i dont think any of us can say that the knicks will be better with the reverse.. but i highly doubt it

I personally want both!! I would love to retain Chandler and use Randolph and a combo of players that don't include Fields or Chandler to get Iggy.... But all of your arguments are not based in any factual realm!
Recap - Chanlder will be cheaper.. Rumor has it he is looking for 5/60 mil.To put perspective on 5 years at 12 million a year he will be paid equal to or more than: Kevin Durant, Danny Granger, Manu Ginobili, LaMarcus Aldridge, Emeka Okafor, David West, NeNe, Josh Smith... On and on.....
Wilson Chandler is a 5 year 35/40 mil player... He is best suited as a sixth man that, as you put it, can play the 4, 3, and 2. Is Iggy overpaid? Yes! He's overpaid but he has a very specific value and that his his defense first and explosiveness second. In my world I would have Iggy as Fields in my starting back court and Chandler coming in off the bench to play the 3/2 spots. I prefer Melo at the starting 3 spot but not at the expense of decimating my roster. Pistons won with out a team full of stars and was a top team in the east for years as well....
Wilson Chandler is better than Iggy in EVERYTHING except steals and assists where Iggy has a "slight" edge.... Again, this is how I know that your opinion is based on some generic, very basic, comparison chart because I went to nba.com to see the side by side player comparison stats and you know what is said?
Will is a better robounder, better shot blocker, better scorer, better ft shooter, better 3pt shooter, better fg%..
lol get your own opinion dude!
Last but not least,,, my favorite... We do not know if he will fit here.... Well, any player that comes into a new situation runs the chance of not fitting...

Last edited:

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
I like chandler , Wouldn't mind keeping him..But I would like having melo.
I'm not gonna lie..But I heard on Espn That Supposedly The Bullz Are making a run for him..Because They say The knicks aren't Interested Since They wanna sigh Chandler..Which is B.S!!

So now you got all these bull Fans saying all this junk ..like carmelo will be a bull and they will be championship contenders By next season.

Personally I don't want for the bulls to get carmelo..and I don't think they'll get him . But if they do, We better get some good free agents.

Because we can't afford to have 2 Great players on the bulls and 3 in miami..So we need to get to steppin.Before these bulls fans get it all twisted. They say That, Melo will be in Chicago and that they're 80% sure LMAO!!! well not really...But Doubt it.:gony:

moneyg

Starter
Listen, just because you say he is good defender doesn't make it so. I think people get confused by someone like Chandler who can blocks shots and rebound as a good defender. Chandler gets SMOKED by his man time and time again; he is unable to successfully disrupt his opponents game unless he blocks their shot... He doesn't body his man up a prevent them from scoring! Also, you can't do an honest "apples to apples" comparison of Chandler and Iggy since they play entirely different positions. But, keeping all things equal, Iggy CAN stop his man from scoring simply by his defensive ability and prowess. He is one of the more stronger guards in the league, he has phenomenal defensive tendencies and abilities plus very good lateral quickness. When he uses his quickness and strength along with his NATURAL defensive abilities, he shuts down his opponent. Chandler doesn't shut down his opponent. In fact, most of his blocks comes off when he assists or in transition. He really couldn't stop anyone when he was playing the 5 and struggles at the 4. Yes, he is a very good rebounder; so is Landry Fields.... Also, Chandler has developed a sweet stroke from 15 ft and out... Plus is obvious ability to get to the rim... Iggy on the other hand, like Chandler, can take ti to the rim and throw it down. Where he lacks is a consistent mid range jumper yet (oddly enough) he has a decent 3 point stroke... Go figure.. Plus his anemic free throw shooting.
Iggy sees double teams night in and out.... He is a great player on a bad team, I believe he would be an awesome player on a great team like the Knicks.

Cheaper price tag? Rumors are his camp is looking to get right around what Iggy is making so as of next season he will NOT be a cheaper option.

You can say that about any player you bring to a new team/system/City.

What makes you think he won't be awesome on a great team like the Knicks? He plays in a major city so it's not like he is a big fish in a little pond...

He's not??? There has been so many games that he has taken the 76s on his shoulders! Do you even watch 76s games?

Really, that's the only thing? You need to stop looking at comparison charts like nba.com that only gives you general statistics. If you want to really break down his stats go to http://82games.com/.... You will be singing a different tune!!!

Again go to http://82games.com/ and look at their clutch statistics... You can't just form an opinion based on some general statistics you found... Either base an opinion based on seeing both players live... multiple time... like I have and or use some of the fantasy statistics boards to get more specific stats so you have a better understanding of the player.... Also, I don't want any video game opinions either!!!!

Iggy is 6' 6" so.... Yeah he can not play the 4.... So Chandler is a 'tweener while Iggy is a position player...

I personally want both!! I would love to retain Chandler and use Randolph and a combo of players that don't include Fields or Chandler to get Iggy.... But all of your arguments are not based in any factual realm!
Recap - Chanlder will be cheaper.. Rumor has it he is looking for 5/60 mil.To put perspective on 5 years at 12 million a year he will be paid equal to or more than: Kevin Durant, Danny Granger, Manu Ginobili, LaMarcus Aldridge, Emeka Okafor, David West, NeNe, Josh Smith... On and on.....
Wilson Chandler is a 5 year 35/40 mil player... He is best suited as a sixth man that, as you put it, can play the 4, 3, and 2. Is Iggy overpaid? Yes! He's overpaid but he has a very specific value and that his his defense first and explosiveness second. In my world I would have Iggy as Fields in my starting back court and Chandler coming in off the bench to play the 3/2 spots. I prefer Melo at the starting 3 spot but not at the expense of decimating my roster. Pistons won with out a team full of stars and was a top team in the east for years as well....
Wilson Chandler is better than Iggy in EVERYTHING except steals and assists where Iggy has a "slight" edge.... Again, this is how I know that your opinion is based on some generic, very basic, comparison chart because I went to nba.com to see the side by side player comparison stats and you know what is said?
lol get your own opinion dude!
Last but not least,,, my favorite... We do not know if he will fit here.... Well, any player that comes into a new situation runs the chance of not fitting...

dude i stopped with the "chandler's a tweener" line...ur crazy.. more versatile is the correct term

and the 60 over 5 years.. is just a starting point.. read the article in full... he wont get that