Keeping Chandler?

CoolClyde

Gallo vs Chandler again

figures this discussion eventually turns to Chandler vs Gallo.
these articles are all very pro-Wilson, and I agree, I've been a WC supporter from day one. he's improved every weakness of his game, his driving to the hoop and his corner 3's are MASS improved, as has his shot selection, and defense. what more do you want from a small forward? his improved game is a large part of overall Knick progress this season. IMHO Chandler > Gallo, and I'm ready to agree to disagree with the cock lovers.

However, as long as mustachio pringles is running this team, and has enormous sway over wheelchair donny, my hopes are not high for us to retain Wilson's services, as i'm sure the godson is first and foremost on the nepotism list for staying a Knick (fyi: nepotism = patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of family relationship, as in business and politics.

Red

TYPE-A
This Gallo shittalk is mostly nonsense, though. Per usual. :) We won the very game he got injured in because...of him. And Gallo has won more games "by himself"/being dominant, in a shorter career, than Wilson has. So those arguments are beyond null about talent/dominance. Gallo has a great attitude also -- like Wilson.

Chandler is awesome and a terrific piece to a championship puzzle. I still feel Gallo has a better game, is a superior talent...

D...

RUGS.

Btw... my d*ck is 2 inches...

From the floor!

moneyg

Starter
LMAO at gallo having a better game and being a superior talent to wilson chandler..

thats just delusional.. im wondering if some of these gallo luvers are related to this dude...

LMAO at gallo having a better game and being a superior talent to wilson chandler..

thats just delusional.. im wondering if some of these gallo luvers are related to this dude...
Ahaha I always said the same..

There are alot of Italians in NY tho. Guess they just like to support someone whose from their own race. I got no problem with that. But its plainly obvious Wilson Chandler is a much better all around player than Gallo at this point in their careers and it will probably remain this way due to physical differences between the two players..

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I wouldn't sign him for that much... Does anyone remember that he is injured every year? He is injury prone and his numbers are really inflated from being moved to the 5. I would trade him now while is stock is high! Again, I hate to be in the position to be against him but he's not worth the numbers that are floating around! He's had a year and a half of god production and that is it. He's 5 years 40 mil at best! I don't care what Joe Johnson got or Rudy Gay got... If it's my money that's what I would offer and I would open up talks now! If he refuses, I would trade him. I would call the T' wolves and work out a package for Michael Beasley and Maybe Luke Ridnour for Chandler and Randolph (since they seem to be high on him). Michael Beasley has 2 years left on his contract at around 5 mil a year... You will get the same production at a fraction of the cost. Chandler, in my opinion, needs to show this type of play consistently for another year or 2 before I chalk up the big bucks for him!

Red

TYPE-A

They are, just not by blood.

Does anyone know what they call Gallo on the radio (1050ESPN)?

"The Drunken Munk"!

Laughing my motherf*cing ass off! This dude is about as coordinated as a Raggedy Ann doll... blindfolded!

Sloppy yet effective.

moneyg

Starter
I wouldn't sign him for that much... Does anyone remember that he is injured every year? He is injury prone and his numbers are really inflated from being moved to the 5. I would trade him now while is stock is high! Again, I hate to be in the position to be against him but he's not worth the numbers that are floating around! He's had a year and a half of god production and that is it. He's 5 years 40 mil at best! I don't care what Joe Johnson got or Rudy Gay got... If it's my money that's what I would offer and I would open up talks now! If he refuses, I would trade him. I would call the T' wolves and work out a package for Michael Beasley and Maybe Luke Ridnour for Chandler and Randolph (since they seem to be high on him). Michael Beasley has 2 years left on his contract at around 5 mil a year... You will get the same production at a fraction of the cost. Chandler, in my opinion, needs to show this type of play consistently for another year or 2 before I chalk up the big bucks for him!

id be injured every year too if i had to carry the knicks on my back.. he was overused in the wrong situation..

he is playin within himself now instead of with recklessness.. so he should be relatively healthy now..id say more like 5 years 45 will be the number...

...and i dont want beasley..at all.. he is not a good defensive player and lacks confidence.. chandler will get an charlie villy type deal

nyk_nyk

All Star

I'm sooooooo glad your not the GM!

:td:

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer

Let me get this straight, Chandler needs to have 2 more solid years to be good enough to get his money while Gallo needs more years cuz hes young and inexperienced.

Chandler has been a good player every year of his career, he has only gotten better and your still not convinced? The fact that Charlie V, Darko and other mediocre players got awesome contracts would give me a reason to expect teams to give Wilson big bucks considering he is possibly a top 50 player right now. Echoing the Sentiment of others on here your posts are amazingly way off. You would rather trade for Igudola and his bloated contract then sign up Wilson and Get Melo or another premier player, r u nutz with a "z" at the end in crayon color?

moneyg

Starter
Let me get this straight, Chandler needs to have 2 more solid years to be good enough to get his money while Gallo needs more years cuz hes young and inexperienced.

Chandler has been a good player every year of his career, he has only gotten better and your still not convinced? The fact that Charlie V, Darko and other mediocre players got awesome contracts would give me a reason to expect teams to give Wilson big bucks considering he is possibly a top 50 player right now. Echoing the Sentiment of others on here your posts are amazingly way off. You would rather trade for Igudola and his bloated contract then sign up Wilson and Get Melo or another premier player, r u nutz with a "z" at the end in crayon color?

agreed .... and to trade for iggy when u got chandler is just idiotic

iggy is injure more than not and achillies are not an injury to play around with... no way

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

First of all, I never mentioned Gallo or stated I thought he was better than Chandler or not so I do not know why you construct an argument based on something I didn't say.

Second - Chandler has been INJURED every year since coming into the league except for this year. I also stated that I would go after Beasley instead of resigning Chandler at a near max contract.
Third - This is the ONLY year he has put up numbers like this and a lot of that is based on playing out of position.
Fourth - Thank GOD you are not the GM of the Knicks because you are going to structure a contract based on what OTHER teams are doing!!?? Hello Isiah! Hello Scott Layden!
Last - I have stated that I didn't want to trade for Melo if it meant fleecing this team! I argued that Melo alone is not the answer because he is a 1 dimensional player; the Knicks need another low post defender and help with a perimeter defender (backup pg as well). So I offered an alternative solution to take the same money it would take to get Melo and get 2 players in (Iggy and Varerjo) and at the same time you keep Fields and either gallo or Chandler; so actually I am saying that I would rather have Landry Fields, Gallo/Chandler, Iggy and Varejo instead of Melo. If you are going to lay into me, make sure you have your facts right!

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
First of all, I never mentioned Gallo or stated I thought he was better than Chandler or not so I do not know why you construct an argument based on something I didn't say.

Second - Chandler has been INJURED every year since coming into the league except for this year. I also stated that I would go after Beasley instead of resigning Chandler at a near max contract.
Third - This is the ONLY year he has put up numbers like this and a lot of that is based on playing out of position.
Fourth - Thank GOD you are not the GM of the Knicks because you are going to structure a contract based on what OTHER teams are doing!!?? Hello Isiah! Hello Scott Layden!
Last - I have stated that I didn't want to trade for Melo if it meant fleecing this team! I argued that Melo alone is not the answer because he is a 1 dimensional player; the Knicks need another low post defender and help with a perimeter defender (backup pg as well). So I offered an alternative solution to take the same money it would take to get Melo and get 2 players in (Iggy and Varerjo) and at the same time you keep Fields and either gallo or Chandler; so actually I am saying that I would rather have Landry Fields, Gallo/Chandler, Iggy and Varejo instead of Melo. If you are going to lay into me, make sure you have your facts right!

1. Gallo as a back back and has gotten injured
2. Wilson is playing better because he has decent players around him and he fits our system its not his position, e does this of the bench in the starting lineup at 3 or 4.
3. I am not saying to throw money players like Isiah thats just you misconstruing what I said.
4. Why take Iggy when you have Wilson Chandler who fits our scheme much better and comes much cheaper.

If I misquoted you or screwed up my bad, i Don't have the time to look up every one of your silly posts. I will however offer that while you offer creative alternatives and some unique insight a lot of it is nonsense, fair enough?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
1. Gallo as a back back and has gotten injured
2. Wilson is playing better because he has decent players around him and he fits our system its not his position, e does this of the bench in the starting lineup at 3 or 4.
3. I am not saying to throw money players like Isiah thats just you misconstruing what I said.
4. Why take Iggy when you have Wilson Chandler who fits our scheme much better and comes much cheaper.

If I misquoted you or screwed up my bad, i Don't have the time to look up every one of your silly posts. I will however offer that while you offer creative alternatives and some unique insight a lot of it is nonsense, fair enough?

Again, I didn't say anything about Gallo but in my opinion he is not better than Chandler although he has a specif role; to be a long range threat. I would not offer him a huge contract either.

You did say that if Millicic and Charlie Villanueva is getting x-amount of dollars than Chandler is worth Y-amount...
Funny you should use those examples since they got big contracts based on their previous year.... Perfect example of how you can over pay for a player because they had a career year... In Millicic's case just 2 months.

I appreciate the back handed compliment but I do not think that my opinions are nonsense. I've been in this forum since 2004 and I have read so many absurd and delusional trade ideas. To say that trading for Iggy is stupid (not specifically by you but other people here) and that Chandler is the same player just goes to show the pure ignorance of the average poster here. I have watched Iggy play many times; he gets double teamed constantly because teams respect his explosiveness and his long range shot and while Chandler might have a slight edge offensively (especially free throw shooting), Chandler can't hold a candle to Iggy's defense! And that is a fact!! If you come at me with Chandler's blocking I will come back with Iggy's steals and his assists...

Last edited:

moneyg

Starter
Again, I didn't say anything about Gallo but in my opinion he is not better than Chandler although he has a specif role; to be a long range threat. I would not offer him a huge contract either.

You did say that if Millicic and Charlie Villanueva is getting x-amount of dollars than Chandler is worth Y-amount...
Funny you should use those examples since they got big contracts based on their previous year.... Perfect example of how you can over pay for a player because they had a career year... In Millicic's case just a 2 months.

I appreciate the back handed compliment but I do not think that my opinions are nonsense. I've been in this forum since 2004 and I have read so many absurd and delusional trade ideas. To say that trading for Iggy is stupid (not specifically by you but other people here) and that Chandler is the same player just goes to show the pure ignorance of the average poster here. I have watched Iggy play many times; he gets double teamed constantly because teams respect his explosiveness and his long range shot and while Chandler might have a slight edge offensively (especially free throw shooting), Chandler can't hold a candle to Iggy's defense! And that is a fact!! If you come at me with Chandler's blocking I will come back with Iggy's steals and his assists...

Iggy is a good player on a bad team.. chandler is a better player on a very good team..

nuff said

We are suppose to get better, you can only do that by getting the better players...simple. You don't take out what works and keep what doesn't...thats backwards.

iJoe

Rotation player
I bet Portland feels dumb as nuts for not trying to trade Fernandez for Chandler.

My issue with Chandler was that he had the tendency to put up dumb shots and look lost on occasion. He's really improved in that respect and I cheered and scared the hell out of my girlfriend when he passed up a long 3 against the Spurs and drove the ball for the score.

He looks real comfortable with that corner 3 and thats exactly what I where he should have been working on. If he keeps driving instead of just pulling up for contested mid range shots he'll be a star in the future.

Amare, Felton, Chandler and Fields is a wicked combination we can build on. We just need a damn good defensive center who can defend without fouling to help Turiaf out.

I haven't given up on Gallo yet. He's either overrated or underrated on these boards. There is still a lot to learn and no one can argue that he isn't improving.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
YES!! this made my day, im glad to see he's assured of coming back he's been great for us all year and providing us with that consistent legit 3rd threat we've all talked about coming into the season. Walsh realizes how huge he is to us and that he's invaluable to us he's a block to have of our future we need em.

Now i can pull the trigger on getting his jersey. i've been contemplating it for months hesitant to get it cause i wanted assurance he's staying on the team( not looking to spend $80 on a player who leaves 2 months later). now i have that. NBA store here i come!:cool: