Are we a player in the race for Dwight?

LeFlume

All Star
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/magic_kingdom_ransom_rj4s6vvwwG5y96M97eB9pO

He is amenable to commit long-term with the Nets, Lakers and Mavericks. That?s it, just those three teams. Nevertheless, lean and rest assured copious other suitors have contacted Magic general manager Otis Smith and registered bids. Without a doubt, the Knicks are one. Number one, in all likelihood, for several solid reasons: Because of the grab bag of riches evidently about to be auctioned off; on account of the imposing threat of stiff competition in the stands and the standings should Howard bunk in Brooklyn (how long before shameless front-runner Spike Lee switches jerseys?); and because the Knicks arguably own more featured frontline creatures than anyone else in the field to exchange for (who does he think he is?) Mr. Big Stuff. New York Post

Hoopshype: KNICKS WANT HOWARD

http://hoopshype.com/

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
we couldnt ever possibly keep Chandler
who in their right mind would take STAT and Melo for Howard.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Honestly Im tired of Shaking up the roaster for all these stars, we dont need Dwight howard he's just another guy that needs the ball in his hands, He cant even shoot FT's can you imagine him on the FT line in New York with even more pressure on him than he witnessed in Orlando i can hear the BOO's already he's not built for NY. Sure he would be nice but we dont need him our team is beginning to Gel and we have a deep roaster.

Do we really want to give up Tyson Chandler & Amare possibly fields or shump to? maybe even more? its not necessary, this franchise goes after every big name soon as they see someone's on the trading block.

Have we not learned from the Carmelo trade that depth is very important.

Why cant we trust what we have and go forward with that. Do we have to make some big block buster trade every year?

The only reason i do this trade is to move Stats contract...Then ontop of that we would probably have to take Hedo, and duhans contracts back.

I'll be satisfied with Dwight going to the lakers leaving the East and the Nets losing out on him then... losing out on D-will

THE magic have made some STUPID trades in the past, i cant IMAGINE them being stupid enough to take on Amare's uninsured contract and broke down knees.... then again they took arenas so who knows.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
You know other than that Hoopshype article, you don't hear much about the Knicks being involved in a DH trade. I would love for them to trade Amare and get Pau in 3 team deal or get Dwight himself.

We have the chips to get involved in a DH trade, Amare is having a horrible year and it just might be his game is in decline and not because of new players or the system, so I say trade him before his value erodes any further.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
If the Knicks ever trader for Howard i would be extremely upset and very frustrated... I would of took Howard in the beginning of the season but now I dont want him at all

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Amare' as a Trade chip.

Given the size of his contract going forward, the fact that it is uninsured because of the questionable state of his knees, and the profoundly diminished quality of his current play, we will not get anything of value for Amare'. I wonder whether we could even give him away solely for the sake of cap space.

Hopefully his game will improve when all our pieces get used to each other.

No matter what, I think we can forget about Howard.

Number3

Benchwarmer
get ready for one of the biggest future rivalries... Brooklyn vs NYC... the williams, howard, Humpries against stat melo chandler....man those games will be fun to watch... we already seen how physical it gets against Humpries

I don't want him unless its for Amare straight up or Tyson and Amare for Hedo, Ryan Anderson, and Dwight straight up.

I think he's going to wind up with the Mavs or Golden State. 95% sure he will be a Mav though. Playing for an owner like Mark Cuban who will spend any amount to win and who attracts every player in the league to at least take a glance at the Mavs is reason ebough for me to believe that.

Carmelo, Bosh, LeBron, and Amare all had Dallas high on there lists.

Not to mention the girls in Texas? Wow. If I was a player in the NBA the Mavs would be right behind the Knicks on my list.

smokes

Huge Member
I don't want him unless its for Amare straight up or Tyson and Amare for Hedo, Ryan Anderson, and Dwight straight up.

I think he's going to wind up with the Mavs or Golden State. 95% sure he will be a Mav though. Playing for an owner like Mark Cuban who will spend any amount to win and who attracts every player in the league to at least take a glance at the Mavs is reason ebough for me to believe that.

Carmelo, Bosh, LeBron, and Amare all had Dallas high on there lists.

Not to mention the girls in Texas? Wow. If I was a player in the NBA the Mavs would be right behind the Knicks on my list.

No way should we get rid of Tyson.. No no no no no!

The only benefit I can see from getting Howard at this point would be to send him elsewhere in a 3 team and at this point in the season it's way too little time and too complicated IMO.