Are we a player in the race for Dwight?

skisloper

Starter
I don't want him unless its for Amare straight up or Tyson and Amare for Hedo, Ryan Anderson, and Dwight straight up.

I think he's going to wind up with the Mavs or Golden State. 95% sure he will be a Mav though. Playing for an owner like Mark Cuban who will spend any amount to win and who attracts every player in the league to at least take a glance at the Mavs is reason ebough for me to believe that.

Carmelo, Bosh, LeBron, and Amare all had Dallas high on there lists.

Not to mention the girls in Texas? Wow. If I was a player in the NBA the Mavs would be right behind the Knicks on my list.

Might sound crazy to some but at this point I would rather have Chandler then Howard........Although Howard is obviously the better player he is not a winner. He has had solid players around him and always complains....

CHANDLER IS THE BEST THINK TO COME TO THE KNICKS SINCE OAKLEYS HARD FOULS IN THE LANE......a true class act

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
I would trade Amare/Smith for Turk and reddick

i would never do that i would not trade anyone for howard... this is upsetting to hear these rumors and ideas i pray to god Glen grunwald does not trade anyone i will be demoralized if they do

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Might sound crazy to some but at this point I would rather have Chandler then Howard........Although Howard is obviously the better player he is not a winner. He has had solid players around him and always complains....

CHANDLER IS THE BEST THINK TO COME TO THE KNICKS SINCE OAKLEYS HARD FOULS IN THE LANE......a true class act

Exactly, Chandlers a champion, a team player and a motivator.. i dont even want Howard i hope to god they dont get him, let him go to the Mavs or Nets or even the Lakers for all i care ... the Lakers look like they will be landing Howard though, Gasol, Bynum and someone else for howard?

quiggle

Starter
why not, of course, you have to think outside the box the point is not to improve the team but it is way to prevent the Nets from getting him and making them popular when move Brooklyn. also what is the marketability of Chandler when you have Dwight. its like what Prokohov did to screw us in getting Melo in upping up gutting the team

skisloper

Starter
why not, of course, you have to think outside the box the point is not to improve the team but it is way to prevent the Nets from getting him and making them popular when move Brooklyn. also what is the marketability of Chandler when you have Dwight. its like what Prokohov did to screw us in getting Melo in upping up gutting the team

I do not think you ever make decisions based on what another team will do....thats where got in trouble with the Melo trade....

In my mind you never trade away a winner. Chandler is a winner.
As dominant as Howard is he has never won a a championship....
Howards a baby.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I would trade Amare/Smith for Turk and reddick
I don't see us wanting/needing Turkoglu after his contract is up and Smith seems willing to take less to play with the Knicks. Would Reddick? Why mess this up????

Despite Amar'e's disappointing season, I rather keep this team intact.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Every time we trade for a guy or sign a guy its basically starting over I love our team, lets keep it that way

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
No more moves!!! Just leave the roster the way it is and try to establish and build that chemistry. I dont want people to give us excuses if we make a trade and don't compete in the playoffs. We waited the last several years to be at this point, and we need to have a stable roster in order to compete for a title.

knicksin60

Starter
NYK's give Orlando Tyson Chandler, Jared Jeffries, Amar'e Stoudemire and Toney Douglas and Orlando gives the NYK's Howard, Turkoglu, Duhon and Quentin Richardson.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We'd have the best package: Lin, Chandler, STAT in exchange for Howard, Turkoglu and Nelson.

Will we trade for him? No. No way.

That is a crap trade.

Paul1355

All Star

Our front court would be ridiculous if we traded Stat for Dwight but the offense would be stagnant at times because the lane would be clogged up, making Lin and Melo not able to really drive.

We need guys who can spread the floor. I would trade Stat for Gasol, atleast Pau can hit his mid range shots. Stat sucks this year!

17 ppg? I know Melo and Tyson take some shots away but Stat looks lost. He can be sooo much better I dont know what is up with him.

If we are going to make a move, Stat has to be the first guy we think about moving.

But I would fire Mike D and see how Phil Jackson does with Stat first.

New New York

Quiet Storm
First off Dwight is just like Chris Paul in that he has a list of desired teams yet that could change based on who is the hunt for him, him being with a team not originally listed is a possibility! Chicago, LAC and even The Knicks have a shot if his desire is to win a title.

That said....this is all to drive up the asking price for him, one of the few smart assesments that Isiah did make while Knicks GM was that teams will use The Knicks and their market to spread rumors and while New Jersey is essentially in the same market, they are extremely limited in what they can offer

Prediction: He stays put in Orlando and signs with Dallas along with Deron Williams!

Dallas has their amnesty to still use which they will do to get down to 33 million and have about 27 million to spend, they'll give each of them 13.5 and this is similar paycut to what Miami's big 3 took and they pair up w Dirk...they will bring back J Kidd and Vince Carter and possibly Terry with vet min deals and fill out the roster with league min players

D Will
Terry or Carter
Marion
Dirk
Howard

KingCharles34

All Star
If we traded for Howard then Chandler would definitely have to be part of the deal. You cant have a pf and a c that cant hit a mid range jumpshot

How about Chandler, Amarknee and Fields for Dwight and whoever else it takes to make the salaries match
bjitu8.gif