Game Thread: NYK@BOS Mar. 4 7:30PM

No surprise here. We allow Isiah Thomas to cause a complete defensive breakdown and Celtics cut the lead back to 1 with an easy quick layup.

Lopez misses down the other end. Celtics come right back and take the 1 point lead with a Turner jumper.

We are now down 1 with less than 40 seconds to go.

This is a really stupid team to keep watching every game. Just pointing that out here.

Suck it haters.

Melo goes right at Crowder and hits a beautiful fallaway tear drop, Dirk Nowitzki style, to give us back the 1 point lead.

Can we get just one stop?

mafra

Legend
No surprise here. We allow Isiah Thomas to cause a complete defensive breakdown and Celtics cut the lead back to 1 with an easy quick layup.

Lopez misses down the other end. Celtics come right back and take the 1 point lead with a Turner jumper.

We are now down 1 with less than 40 seconds to go.

This is a really stupid team to keep watching every game. Just pointing that out here.

That possession worthless Calderon just pounded ball and was backing into IT around 3-point line, back to basket, doing nothing until 7 seconds left on shot clock. Absolutely horrible.

Meanwhile, lance Thomas gave his man about 3 feet space to hit an elbow jumper.

Our defense is so terrible. Celtics with a quick drive to get back the 1 point lead. Not even a challenge for them.

Celtics use their foul to give. We have 3 seconds to not lose by 1.

mafra

Legend
Suck it haters.

Melo goes right at Crowder and hits a beautiful fallaway tear drop, Dirk Nowitzki style, to give us back the 1 point lead.

Can we get just one stop?

Yesh! And the swish. Anthony has 30 and has 4th quarter buckets. Hey now.

Melo gets a terrible look and bombs a contested three from 8 feet behind the line. Misses badly.

Garbage. Just plain garbage.

Maybe tomorrow night I'll just throw myself head first down a flight of stairs at 7pm instead of watching this team find yet another creative way to lose against Detroit. That would likely have the same effect on my evening, but take less time.

mafra

Legend
Knicks don't have a game winning shot in 4 years.

3 NYK defenders watch Bradley attack basket and he makes layup...

What does NY do? Lol... They never even cross beyond 3-point line... Despite only trailing by 1 point... Melo gets ball and dribbles across half court with 17 seconds and goes nowhere... Nobody comes for the ball (why is Melo even taking ball up the court)...

Melo jabbing and dribbling and faking... Not even attempting to attack or go to hoop (or even cross half court)... BOS has foul to give and uses it with 4 seconds left.

What do we do?

Obviously BOS denying Melo... We pass him the ball near half court... He takes a step and with entry of time hoists aing 30 foot shot that bricks off side of backboard.

12-4 BOS finish.

I said it after 3... It's not even in doubt anymore... We just can't finish games in 4th...

Sure. Melo takes the hit and should... But Melo should not be getting ball and being asked to dribble 69 feet and create. A dreaming guard should get ball and set up Melo.

Was it as bad or worse than the three Westbrook took last week against the Clippers?

Honestly, I don't think Melo's shot is anywhere near as bad because once the miserable play started with the inbounds, he had to take the shot in less than 3 seconds.

mafra

Legend
Was it as bad or worse than the three Westbrook took last week against the Clippers?

They gave Melo the ball 75 feet from the basket and every NYK player ran away. What is he supposed to do? He's uncoordinated and not a ball handler. The possession before the one when Melo hit a jumper was what costs us the game... Calderon dribbles ball for 13 seconds and never goes anywhere and then hurriedly tries to initiate offense...

BOS guards attack basket and makes yup after layup or set up teammates for easy shots... Our guards had about 7 assists all game... Maybe 2 the entire second half.

As for the final shot? We had no timeouts and Rambis didn't call for a play. BOS all over Melo, we somehow get him the ball in between 3-point line and half court and there's 2 seconds left.

Melo was at fault for not attacking basket prior to that...but that's this offense... 1 guy dominates ball... Hilda it... And either shoots it it makes 1 pass and that guy shoots it.

Broadway

All Star
The final last 6-7 possessions were so awful outside of the couple makes Melo had. Man that was an ugly collapse(what this team excels at) if I ever saw one.

Defensively we were equally as bad down the stretch. This team really may not win 30gms(shaking my head)

mafra

Legend
Boston guards had 64 & 14 (4 turnovers)... NYK guards with 36 & 10 (8 turnovers).

That's the story folks.

Oh, and despite KP getting 10 quick points... Rambis plays defense on him to cool him off (only plays him 20 minutes).

mafra

Legend
The final last 6-7 possessions were so awful outside of the couple makes Melo had. Man that was an ugly collapse(what this team excels at) if I ever saw one.

Defensively we were equally as bad down the stretch. This team really may not win 30gms(shaking my head)

I was thinking the same thing... They led by 8 with under 3 to go...

Nobody helps anybody and the moment a guard gets beat they stop pursuing. With all the penetrating guards blowing into the paint... I'n not sure we've forced 1 charge all season.

That layup by Bradley was classic defensive breakdown. 3 defenders watched Bradley drive right and go for easy layup. All 3 defenders basically stepping in one another's toes. Incredible.

I'm not sure if we do get 30 wins... Certainly won't be getting 34. How Calderon was on the floor down the stretch defies logic.

Also, not having a timeout left... Shows how good coaching wins you games and bad coaching costs you dearly.

mafra

Legend
Rambis: "we feel that's a win. We should've won the game. But that is a win and if we continue to play that way these will be wins."

Lol... 3-4 coaches last 5-6 years saying the same crap. Building a winning environment... Yeah right!

17 4th quarter points. lol. We must average about that much in 4th quarter last 3 seasons.

I didn't really expect playoffs but I thought there would be meaningful games in March. To go from 22-22 to 25-38!!! Dolan has to fire JAX the moment he whiffs on Durant.

tiger0330

Legend
I was thinking the same thing... They led by 8 with under 3 to go...

Nobody helps anybody and the moment a guard gets beat they stop pursuing. With all the penetrating guards blowing into the paint... I'n not sure we've forced 1 charge all season.

That layup by Bradley was classic defensive breakdown. 3 defenders watched Bradley drive right and go for easy layup. All 3 defenders basically stepping in one another's toes. Incredible.

I'm not sure if we do get 30 wins... Certainly won't be getting 34. How Calderon was on the floor down the stretch defies logic.

Also, not having a timeout left... Shows how good coaching wins you games and bad coaching costs you dearly.
Missed the game but you guys did a great job with the play by play in the game thread.

Heartbreaking loss having the lead in the final minutes and then losing by a layup to Bradley is hard to take on a breakdown in the D.

Rambis not having a TO in the final seconds didn't help his cause to become the next HC either.

They almost stole 2 wins in road games against good teams in IND and BOS so its not a lost cause for Rambis to make the case for the HC job. We're playing for Rambis at this point and nothing else.

Scratching my head that PJ hasn't brought someone in to address the PG problem. That 10 day with Jimmer was a joke and now there are only 19 games left to evaluate someone.

Last edited: