What does this mean?

Kiyaman

Legend
The BIG-PUSH:

Everybody is in wait-and-see mode.
We do have a better sense of where the roster stands. Everybody assumed Demetris Nichols and Fred Jones already had one foot out the door.

"It's not Nichols and Fred Jones," Thomas said. "We're trying to put together a 15-man roster and, by the way, I like Fred a lot. I drafted him in Indiana, so don't plan on him going anywhere anytime soon."
So here's what it looks like right now:
Locks to make the final roster:
Eddy Curry
Zach Randolph
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford
Quentin Richardson
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Renaldo Balkman
Mardy Collins
Wilson Chandler
Jared Jeffries
Randolph Morris

Still looking for a role:

Malik Rose
Fred Jones
Demetris Nichols

On the endangered list:

Allan Houston
Jerome James

The soon to be departed:
Jared Jordan
Roderick Wilmont
Walker D. Russell Jr.

Starks

Starter
Time to buy out James and Rose.

ONLY the effin Knicks can totally fuk up a feel good PR story by cutting Allan Houston after all the stories and interview's hes done this past week!!!!!!!!

If Allan gets cut, this franchise will be in the biggest PR hole we will ever see an American Sports team ever go through.

Sorry Houston fan but there's nothing left in the tank. I would also like us to get rid of James,Rose, and W.D.Russle Jr. If we do this we could keep both D.Nicholes and J.Jordan.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
In all honesty i dont think jordan will make the team... he's a good player but Isiah and the rest of the staff want instant results and from what I've seen from this kid I'm not sure if he's completely ready yet... look out for down the road. And for Houston...I love the guy but i also don't see it happening... I heard he still has his shot but again thats ALL i hear... seems we have our perimeter D looking better and as soon as Houston hits the court guys like Melo's eyes are gonna get wide wit opportunity...then leading to our big men getting in foul trouble...I'd rather have Fred Jones on the team then Houston just for his D alone

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
come on people

we already know hes gonna keep fred he talks about him so highly hes gonna cut nichols which i think is a huge mistake but it is what it is. Jerome James will be cut to make room for Houstan he has no choice in the matter. so thats our 15 unless there is a trade made but i wish he would make it already so the player(s) can have time to get used to each other u know practice some.

:gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
Allan Houston is a great player to have as the 12th man on your roster for immediate peremeter offense in crunchtime.
However, the Isiah Knicks is not the team for Allan Houston.
Isiah dont want any of the Laydumb Players on his roster.

metrocard

Legend
I think Isiah likes Rose for some reason.

James should be bought out and be gone from the roster.

Houston is going to play for the Nets; Isiah is a dumbass who doesn't realize a team can never have enough shooting and veteran leadership.

Zeke has put together a very good bunch of athleticly gifted young men in the last three years or so. What GM would have done half the job Isiah has done with the pathetic roster he inherited? Your answer is none. If he can make them come together and play as a team we will be pretty well set up for the future.

Kiyaman

Legend
Zeke has put together a very good bunch of athleticly gifted young men in the last three years or so. What GM would have done half the job Isiah has done with the pathetic roster he inherited? Your answer is none. If he can make them come together and play as a team we will be pretty well set up for the future.

We all would agree with you on the great young players Isiah added to this team, he did do a great job in getting young potential players.
But the roster that Isiah received was a 6th seed playoff roster with the majority of player contracts were up a season or two. Thats not a pathetic roster at all.

Pathetic is this:
Old memories of,
Detroit PG-Dumars and Grant Hill got on Rookie Allan Houston case so much that since a Rookie Allan Houston could not wait to get the hell out of Detroit.
Isiah Thomas only received negative news and reports from G.M. Dumars about Allan Houston, thats why Isiah Thomas hurried up and traded for PG-Marbury & SG-Penny tandem the same month he was hired as the Knicks G.M. job. And the next month Isiah traded for SF-Tim Thomas (all three were just offensive-players) to rid himself of the need of SG-Allan Houston offense. Acting as if he was getting rid of all the Laydumb Players. Truth be said.
When all was traded and done the Marbury, Penny, and Tim Thomas Tri-some could not matchup to half of the consistency play of what the Ward, Houston, and Keith Van Horn tripple threat bought to this Knick- offense.... game after game.

Alan Houston is a threat to Isiah Thomas this preseason, as if he is there to watch owner Dolan back, to see which players really deserve to be here or get cut from this 17 man roster.
We all should know that Isiah Thomas did not have the power (or time) to offer Allan Houston a guaranteed contract to come to camp.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Allan Houston is a great player to have as the 12th man on your roster for immediate peremeter offense in crunchtime.
However, the Isiah Knicks is not the team for Allan Houston.
Isiah dont want any of the Laydumb Players on his roster.

I agree. Houston would be a good fit as a 12th man. He's not completely useless. I'd be shocked if Zek didn't keep Houston for if nothing more than PR and job security with Dolan.

Marbury even though I think he's a little crazy is a much better point guard then Ward was ever going to be. Penny for Van Horn ended up being about even. A.Houston's Knees and ankles were giving way and we got T.Thomas who was a wanted man even though Chi-town and skiles didn't think so went on to play for the Suns and Clippers and contributed on playoff calabur teams. Not all that bad I think. I understand some people will never like Isiah Thomas but the truth is he's done more good than bad for us no matter what you think of the man personally.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I think Isiah likes Rose for some reason.

James should be bought out and be gone from the roster.

Houston is going to play for the Nets; Isiah is a dumbass who doesn't realize a team can never have enough shooting and veteran leadership.

very surprising to see that u are a allan houston fan and then hate crawford, allan houston averaged over 2 TO's, his defense is actually worse than crawfords and allan houstons game is so 1 dimensional, very weird

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Lol

Dont worry when Crawford leaves the knicks he will start talking about how good of a player Crawford was and he had such a crossover lol You will see.

:agreed:

Kiyaman

Legend
Marbury even though I think he's a little crazy is a much better point guard then Ward was ever going to be. Penny for Van Horn ended up being about even. A.Houston's Knees and ankles were giving way and we got T.Thomas who was a wanted man even though Chi-town and skiles didn't think so went on to play for the Suns and Clippers and contributed on playoff calabur teams. Not all that bad I think. I understand some people will never like Isiah Thomas but the truth is he's done more good than bad for us no matter what you think of the man personally.

You know what you are not looking at is the consistency of good play by PG-Ward, SG-Houston, and SF-Keith Van Horn, game after game after game.

Coach Don Chaney problems were with how and when to use Mutombo, Doleac, Weatherspoon, and Kurt Thomas. And when he got that frontcourt rotation right after the first month of the regular season, upstairs cleared Mcdyess health to play and wanted Mcdyess in the starting lineup. Mcdyess did not start co-existing with his Knick teammates untill after a long west coast trip where the Knicks won 1 game out of 4. When they came back East the Knicks won the next 4 games out of 5 beating teams by 15 and 25 point leads. Look at the 2003-4 schedule and see how well Ward, Houston, and Van Horn consistency were for this team.
At first I was angry for giving up Sprewell for Keith Van Horn but Keith chemistry went great with Houston & Anderson and the defensive frontcourt bigmen.

KIYAMAN, i apologize if this sounds rude, but please do not ever bring up the word "great" with the names ward, houston, keith van horn, weathersspoon, doleac, thomas, and shandon anderson. that team was absolute garbage and if you are talking about consistency, the only thing consistent was that they were consistently below the NBA average in skill and talent. the knicks had absolutely no chance with that team, AND ESPECIALLY WITH OVERPAID ALLAN HOUSTON LEADING THE TEAM.

chemistry or as you like to call it "co-existing" only matters when the team actually has some talent. i havent seen one team that is lacking in talent in the nba be successful only because it has good chemistry, because good chemistry usually leads to quality results. for example, at the start of detroits terrific run a few years back, no one thought much of guys like prince, rip hamilton, billups, or wallace but now they are all star calibre guys. then the chemistry question, becomes the chicken or egg comes first kinda question. did they become superstars first or did they develop team chemistry first which let them become superstars. either way, good players find ways to have good team chemistry. otherwise, they are crap...plain and simple. thats why marbury has always been a loser, and same with most of the knicks guys. they dont have all the pieces. but that doesnt mean they cant develop just like the pistons did. im excited about this years team but it must start with unselfishness, hustle, and hard D

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont know whats gonna happen with Houston, it sounds like hes gonna be cut but i'd just love to see him play in one preseason game. I would record that shit so i got it forever. He meant alot to the knicks franchise and i think the two JJ's (Jerhomo James and Jared Jeffries) should be cut from the team. Isiah needs to man up and admit to his mistakes and fix them.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
The BIG-PUSH:

Everybody is in wait-and-see mode.
We do have a better sense of where the roster stands. Everybody assumed Demetris Nichols and Fred Jones already had one foot out the door.

"It's not Nichols and Fred Jones," Thomas said. "We're trying to put together a 15-man roster and, by the way, I like Fred a lot. I drafted him in Indiana, so don't plan on him going anywhere anytime soon."
So here's what it looks like right now:
Locks to make the final roster:
Eddy Curry
Zach Randolph
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford
Quentin Richardson
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Renaldo Balkman
Mardy Collins
Wilson Chandler
Jared Jeffries
Randolph Morris

Still looking for a role:

Malik Rose
Fred Jones
Demetris Nichols

On the endangered list:

Allan Houston
Jerome James

The soon to be departed:
Jared Jordan
Roderick Wilmont
Walker D. Russell Jr.

Right now, I think that Fred Jones, Malik Rose, and Demetris Nichols, but especially Fred and Malik, has made the team already. In the case of Allen Houston, that would be difficult for him to be tied to the team. He has been gone for 2 seasons. There is just to many guards on the team for him to get any playing time. If he stays, it would be better if he come in for Jamal, who sohuld start this season. But if that's so, the their would be limited time for Nate and Mardy. I guess that Nate will have to come in for Stephon. So if that goes down, then the days of Mardy being a Knicks are limited as well.