Opinions on 101-61 Lost

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Let me see how I can put this, over the last years the Knicks have taken aboard to many crap-players that are unable to play solid team ball. I really couldn't care less about athletic superstars or dominant centers. What I do care about is teamplay and something that looks like a plan.

What the Knicks organisation gives me (as a fan) is trade moves that are as erratic as N8's court decisions. The whole team is a giant assembly of underachievers, what-if-xyz-had-not-happened players, prospects, and last not least an ego-manic smoked-out point guard.

I used to love being a Knicks fan because everybody hated me, for the Knicks played ugly ball and still one 50+ games destroying pretty-ball clubs all the way. Now it is embarrassing outing myself to be a Knicks fan because people just laugh at me being a fan of a joke of a franchise.

No sir, neither I want athletic superstars nor dominant centers. What I want is at team of (not just one or two) blue collar workers, decisive pass-first point guards, players that look at the win/loss column instead on their numbers, and last not least some sort of a concept for a franchise that once made me a basketball fan.

The past two powder puff responses are "I think" posts but I will respond to them with respect. Could you name these "crap" players that you mentioned in your post. I can't name a crap player...unless you name Jerome James and I'll give you that one but other than that...there are no crap players on this roster. And with the Layden roster...did he have a choice of not taking on huge contracts? HE HAD NO ONE TO TRADE. The sooner this statement is comprehended the better. He made something out of nothing and you pessimists give him no credit for that.

And Isiah's trade's aren't erratic. LB's steve francis trade for Ariza was erratic...but trading for Curry, Marbury, Tim Thomas, Nazr, Rose, etc...these were not erratic trades. We compiled draft picks and athletic fowards and vets through these trades...not to mention marbury and curry lol.

And yes I rep being a knick fan regardless. I have faith in my team. Yes some people do laugh and yet it still doesn't bother me because I'm a strong individual with teflon skin. Once you're a fan of an organization, you have to go through the ups and downs. And I've been there for all of them. There are somethings that you just have to get over.

That last paragraph just described the Utah Jazz. Sounds like a good team to jump on huh...nevertheless they have never won a championship but seems like a good team for you and brickhead to go to.

And just remember...without Isiah...this team would not have David Lee, Nate Robinson, Wilson Chandler, Randolph Morris, Mardy Collins, Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, Jordan, nor Renaldo Balkman...so be careful what you wish for...but then again...I'm talking to pessimists...

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I have no doubt that Isiah is a great talent evaluator and if I was the owner of the Knicks, I would love to keep him as the highest paying scout but I'm sure his big ego would never take that kind of demotion. But as a GM, he sucks badly! Crap players would include the entire roster except for the young rooks and lee and balkman. I'm not sure how you determine what's crap or not. It certainly isn't based on how other teams view them and desire to trade for them. No one wants these players outside of lee and balkman. It seems like you view these players like how some parents think that their children are the best at everything they do even though they suck at it.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
oh...so i guess no one would take Curry (3rd best Center with great potential) in a trade? Or Crawford? Or Randolph? What kind NBA are ya'll watching? No one would take Q-Rich because of his back. And no one would take Marbury because of his recent decline. Again...other than that...there are no crap players on this roster. Jerome James is garbage. Other than that we have a lot of youth with potential that need to gain some experience. And no I don't act like a parent in that sense. I think as a realist with optimism. And it is easy to determine if a player is crap...can he ball? Jerome James is the only player on this roster that can't do that. So enough of the Isiah bashing...go to another team if you don't like the way things are going...I'm sticking with this one for the long run...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Damn, Sunday beef! It is just pre-season and remember last year we went undefeated so it really doesn't matter.... But it does... It matters because the Knicks do have something to prove. They need to let the rest of the Easter Conference know that they are a force to be reckoned with. So far they look sloppy as hell but it is just pre-season. Ultimately the line up will need to be tweaked. Hopefully Thomas will bench Crawford, start Richardson at SG and start Balkman at SF. This should take care of the BS and make a statement that only solid play with get minutes. Give it 5 games into the season before you make your final decision.

Starting Line up
Curry
Randolph
Balkman/Lee- Lee can start at the 3. He doesn't have to stay there and can rotate to back up Randolph after a few minutes.
Richardson
Marbury

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I don't mean to start beef. It just doesn't make sense to me how anyone can believe the Knicks are going to be good. It's just frustrating because as long as there are fans out there believing that the current roster is good, Dolan and Isiah can go home and feel like they're doing a good job.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
There's no beef here...you have your opinion and I have mine...there's no need to be frustrated. It is what it is. Again...it takes time to build good teams...3-4 years approx. So it's either this year or next year that we'll be able to make some serious damage. Patience is a virtue and I understand that we all don't have it. But I do and maybe you don't and that could possibly be the difference. Nevertheless I'm ready to ride for my team. We've change rosters constantly for 4-5 years and I'm just ready to ride with what we have. And we finally have talent so it's not like we're the hawks or the bobcats that have unguided talent. We have talent and have coaches that can guide and mold this talent into form. I'm ready for the season to start...let's go knicks...i'm always here when others doubt

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
This kills me...So if the Knicks had a winning at this point, would you "fans" say that OMG this knicks team will go far in the playoffs... well, that was the case last year and look what happened. The preseason is just an extended practice. A time to get your feet wet against nba competition. Not saying that it's a time to slack off, but c'mon now, it is just preseason.
And for the Curry haters, please shut the F up. I'm sick and tired of the shit. When the knicks had Kurt Thomas playing center, people were crying about how the Knicks need a real center to be dominant. They get Curry, who is arguably one of the best low post centers in the game, if not the best. Yes his defense and rebounding are not up to par with some of the other big men in the league, but you guys who crave numbers, will see how that has improved by year, and there's no reason to believe it won't again this year.
Guys, this is the healthy Knicks team that we saw be real competive and was over 500 in late January and February. A healthy Lee, healthy Craw, Q-Rich, why show instant pessimism because of preseason losses. If they come back and blow out the Celtics tonight, does that mean anything really? No, it doesn't its just preseason.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
$$$ Post...I agree 100%. It gets ignorant when you here the same posters repeat the same pessimistic things and yet they still claim to be knick fans. Fans have a right to be angry but not outright net fan-ish. It's starting to get ridiculous on how people are just downgrading this team and they are still FANS. Why can't we all agree that this talented young team will soon be good with experience? Or are we just blinded by the hatred of Isiah and the media?

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
We can do good this year

with this team now we can still do pretty good. With just one change i believe we can turn this team around and actually do something Marbury should play the 2 bring in collins to play the point Q i dont know how people dont like Q but he should stay at the 3 then let Zach and Curry stay at the big men spots. If one of them starts messing up then we have lee who should come it right away dont wait till its too late sit them down and let lee come in at least he will work hard and make the job of the other big man easier. I think this will make a huge difference. Then off the bench running let nate lead the way with lee and Balkman with jared jeffries for defensive purposes he has stepped it up and fred for D or nichols if we need a shooters touch. I hope we will be able to do well we shall see but there is a change that needs to be done.

:gony:

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I think I've been pretty patient. It's been like 6 years of crap and I've stuck with them. People have looked at me funny for still being a Knicks fan. What pisses me off the most is that I don't see light in the end of the tunnel. It just keeps getting worse and worse. If this team doesn't pan out, we're going to be screwed for years cuz of bad contracts. So I'm sorry guys, but I don't see your optimism. I do pray that this will be the Knicks season but I just don't see it happening.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think I've been pretty patient. It's been like 6 years of crap and I've stuck with them. People have looked at me funny for still being a Knicks fan. What pisses me off the most is that I don't see light in the end of the tunnel. It just keeps getting worse and worse. If this team doesn't pan out, we're going to be screwed for years cuz of bad contracts. So I'm sorry guys, but I don't see your optimism. I do pray that this will be the Knicks season but I just don't see it happening.

Your not going to see any good daylight at the end of the tunnel on this team untill Marbury is replaced with a leadership PG to Start every Knick game like T.J. Ford who has his own agenda plan vs diiferent NBA competition, or Baron Davis co-existing with his teammates in a halfcourt offense or a fastbreak motion, or a Hindrich leadership chemistry on both ends of the court with his teammates.

Marbury is not a TOP 10 PG in this league that provides a PLAN for his teammates (like some Knick-Fans may think).
The Knicks could use a Pure PG that has an agenda of getting all of his teammates involved on both ends of the court.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
What Marbury are you talking about? Stephon Marbury that plays for the knicks has made this change last year. Haven't you seen him play lately?

pat

Starter
What Marbury are you talking about? Stephon Marbury that plays for the knicks has made this change last year. Haven't you seen him play lately?

I've seen him playing and I've seen him losing. Last year and nine years before.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XznUU0fEvUI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XznUU0fEvUI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I've seen him playing and I've seen him losing. Last year and nine years before.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XznUU0fEvUI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XznUU0fEvUI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

***Applause*** Marbury wants to go play in Italy now, maybe there he might get some wins in his career. He does have an attitude problem, and behind the cameras he is nasty from what I have heard reporters, and other fans from school say.. I dont believe it. I like Starbury! But he has got to change, but really I think its not late. I quite frankly I believe he has been a cancer to the team. I am sorry if you think otherwise.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
***Applause*** Marbury wants to go play in Italy now, maybe there he might get some wins in his career. He does have an attitude problem, and behind the cameras he is nasty from what I have heard reporters, and other fans from school say.. I dont believe it. I like Starbury! But he has got to change, but really I think its not late. I quite frankly I believe he has been a cancer to the team. I am sorry if you think otherwise.

That clip is hilarious!!!

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Curry is an excellent scorer but again his inability to pass out of double teams really negates his offensive ability. Plus, his defense sucks badly. He always looks lost in the defensive end. The only reason why he is a top center in the NBA is because there isn't many good centers in the NBA. However, I would definitely put him behind Shaq, Yao, Dwight Howard, and Amare Stoudamire.

metrocard

Legend
yeah cuz leading the league in scoring in da paint is just a fluke, man please

Callate, leading the league in scoring in the paint doesn't mean you're a dominant center. Dominant includes in many other aspects, not just one; meaning passing, man to man post defense, help defense, boxing out, rebounding, playing aggressive or being a leader. Curry is awful at all of these. Fuck Curry too, he's so frustrating to WATCH on offense. Its like watching two retards having sex. Curry always either A: Offensive foul B: Miss an easy lay up shot C: Not pass it when he's triple team D: Doesn't box out and everyone's favorite E: After getting 30000239393939393939292929292939293299323 touches, he leads in the NBA for one season in the points in the paint scored, thus making him the most dominant center to ever play the game. Don't even talk about watching Curry on defense. I rather watch Isiah Thomas play NBA 2k8 Association mode.

Marbury is a top 10 PG..why all the sudden Marbury hate? Dude plays defense, hits jump shots and passes the ball for you. What PG on this roster can do that all together? Marbury is the best overall talent on this roster, and possibly the most important cause he's a veteran who can run the PG position. He has had 11 different coaches in about 9 seasons...did had to adjust majorly and he did, but was never given the time and opportunity to work with one coach(thank you Isiah).

Nate honestly is the worst PG on this team. Besides his random 3pt shots and his athletic ability, he's not a very good PG.

His passing skills and defensive skills are very limited and almost the worst at his position. He's a 5"8 welfare version of Steve Francis, a headless chicken over dribbling the ball. I wouldn't miss Nate one bit if we traded him. Let Jared Jordan shine.