Answer to our prayers

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You have no explanation for your thoughts.

I back Marbury because he isn't the problem. It doesn't mean I'm saying Marbury is the solution.

Marbury is probably pissed, and he should be; why the hell would you bench Marbury?

15 ppg
40% FG
44% 3pt
87% FT
6.8 assist per game
2.4 TO's per game

Please, these aren't good numbers? Marbury is our most productive guard, and producing better than many overrated PG's like Kirk Hinrich.

Hinrich is averaging 9 ppg on 31% FG and 10% 3pt with 5.7 assist and 2.8 turnovers.

Marbury has kept his turnovers down, once he gets more chemistry with Randolph, he'll average 8 assist LIGHT.

Marbury is 13th in the NBA in assist per game, appreciate that. He's not the best at scoring or passing at his position, but he's fucking good.

Greatest post ever by you. Glad we see eye to on this. Even Isiahsexuals are coming out of the closet.

You bench Marbury to send him a message that he needs to play better. To play like he did last year. He has been getting burned by every point guard this year. Apparantly Curry was going to be benched as well, as he should be. The problem with Marbury is it is always about himself, never about the team. Just because he is mad that he won't start, doesn't mean that he should abandon the team and threaten his boss with blackmail! How would you feel about Curry if he pulled that bullshit? I don't understand how you can continue to defend Marbury. He needs to go. Isiah needs to go. Dolan needs to go. The whole team needs to be blown up. I'm sick of this shit. The Knicks are going to be awful for many years to come.

clumsy

Rotation player
As much as i like steph's game, and understand he's neccesary for us to win this year....this can't be resolved, this is like a really bad divorce or breakup. Marbury play isn't the problem, it's his attitude. It rubs everyone in a bad way, considering he's not on the level of cats that can carry an entire team by himself. Never in his career has he been, even in his most productive days...I mean i'd take Iverson over Steph in 1 second. Maybe this will give him some humility tho, as he is going to be publicly roasted probably everywhere he plays. Also hopefully Isiah will be outta here. The only capacity i ever see knicks fans not killing him in is as a scout

metrocard

Legend
You bench Marbury to send him a message that he needs to play better. To play like he did last year. He has been getting burned by every point guard this year. Apparantly Curry was going to be benched as well, as he should be. The problem with Marbury is it is always about himself, never about the team. Just because he is mad that he won't start, doesn't mean that he should abandon the team and threaten his boss with blackmail! How would you feel about Curry if he pulled that bullshit? I don't understand how you can continue to defend Marbury. He needs to go. Isiah needs to go. Dolan needs to go. The whole team needs to be blown up. I'm sick of this shit. The Knicks are going to be awful for many years to come.

Its 5 games pendejo. Why didn't Curry get benched last season? He got burned by everyone he matched up against and was the worst center in the NBA defensively. But he wasn't benched one game a tall. Be consistant man, you're just picking out Marbury. If Marbury gets benched for his rusty defense for 5 games, Crawford and Curry should be banned from the NBA for the job they've done defensive for the Knicks.

la verdad.

pat

Starter
Its 5 games pendejo. Why didn't Curry get benched last season? He got burned by everyone he matched up against and was the worst center in the NBA defensively. But he wasn't benched one game a tall. Be consistant man, you're just picking out Marbury. If Marbury gets benched for his rusty defense for 5 games, Crawford and Curry should be banned from the NBA for the job they've done defensive for the Knicks.

la verdad.

Okay. There is just one plausible answer for so much stubbornness: How much did he pay you?

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
But Minn,NJ,and Pheonix all manged to do well without him, and that was him playing at a much higher level than he is playing now.

I think Steph bolted Minny and they had one or two lucky years when he left I dont think it had a direct affect on him, had he stayed they would have been devestating.

New Jersey got Kidd for Steph, they weren't left with nothing.
Phoenix signed Nash when they got rid of Stephon, so they were ok with Nash.

if there is a buy out the Knicks will be with Collins & Nate. Not close to Kidd or Nash skill level.
It's not like we are going to get one of the top 5 point guards to replace Steph. So take the comparisons with a grain of salt

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Everyone hatin on Marbury is a Crawfordsexual and a Currysexual. This is all the biggest bunch of bullshit i've seen since Scott Layden was still the gm. I cant believe all these people are hatin on Marbury. MARBURY IS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!! Does anyone watch the knicks besides knicks4life and metrocard? Marbury hasnt looked like he did last year but Crawford and Currys defense make Marbury look like he belongs on the 1st team all defense. And yes, MARBURY IS STILL A TOP 10 POINT GUARD. Jason williams or white chocolate cant fuck with Marbury and niether can Bibby. Both of them are poor defenders, inconsistent on offense, and they aint even as good of playmakers as Marbury is. Stop calling him a towel head, he is a good man who plays with a lot of heart. Did anyone see the second half of last season?

NYKnicks15

Starter
actually hes ranked the 15th most efficient point guard...
so thatd make him out of the top 10.

i used to defend stephon marbury as best i could but at this point it seems useless. im not saying hes the problem with all his prior teams nor this one its just he still hasnt found his ability to click with the right core of guys. exactly why i think hed do better in Philly. Give us Andre Miller and those expiring contracts and ill be fine.

marbury just doest not click with this team. we need someone who can step in (or step up for that matter) that will just come in and dish. want to win, want this TEAM to win rather and get it done. stats are BS to me. if you are on a crappy team your stats will be HIGH. if you are on a great team chances are they will LOWER. simple math. we need someone who can come in and just be solid. not a superstar, not a high scorer all the time.. just solid. Andre Miller is the answer, I really believe that.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Are you guys on Crack in here... We have played six games.. we have won 2 and lost 4. We should have won two of those games (Cleveland and Mia), there is no PROBLEM yet, New Yorkers are always quick to jump on and off a fuckin band wagon. Like when the Yankees were going through their spell in May, the Giants at the begining of the season this year... It's like people want to fuckin complain just to fuckin complain. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! Look Marbury has played like shit in two of the 5 games he was in, He played real well in 2, and played okay against the Heat up until late in the 4th. Maybe Collins coming in could have been a good move... BUT not 5 games into the fuckin season. especially when the team is, for the most part, playing well(you cant win every game). With that being said it was a Bullshit move by Marbury to bounce on the team because of this. Thomas and Marbury are both to blame right now... I don't know what the hell some of you guys were paying attention to in the first 5 gmes of the season, but I saw a team that played hard, won some games, lost some, but were competitive, and like I said, no one wins every game, every team loses heartbreakers, thats just the way it is.

I don't care what the rest of you guys say, I want Marbury back in the starting lineup against the Clippers, you don't demote your starting point guard for have a couple of bad games. If that continues to say 10 games, and Collins shows he is a viable replacement in those 10 games, then sure try for a change, but there is no basis to do that now. I also say Marbury should be fined by the team 250,000 bucks for that bullshit of leaving the team, especially with Zach not being there. That was selfish and stupid and a move that a teenager would do, not a grown ass man.

These two dudes need to get on the same page, so the knicks can continue doing what they came to do, win games get into the playoffs and contend. You pessimistic mofo's who see the glass as half full, see if you can go get a job for espn. you dudes disgust me

LJ4ptplay

Starter

la verdad.

That's not the issue. Marbury ABANDONED his teammates when things were NOT GOING HIS WAY. How can you defend that attitude. Not to mention he threatened blackmailling Isiah for not putting him in the starting lineup! Is that a defendable response to a reduction in playing time? It's obvious that he doesn't care whether or not the Knicks win any more. Are you related to Marbury or something? Because I simply don't understand why you continue to support him.

I am blaming everybody for this mess including Marbury. It's just that Marbury has chosen himself over the team and has destroyed the Knick season only 6 games into it.

metrocard

Legend
Okay. There is just one plausible answer for so much stubbornness: How much did he pay you?

He payed me wisdom.

But Minn,NJ,and Pheonix all manged to do well without him, and that was him playing at a much higher level than he is playing now.

Don't make it too simple.

Marbury had 11 different coaches in his decade of NBA play. Getting replaced by Jason Kidd and Steve Nash doesn't mean Marbury is a bad player; it just means Kidd and Nash are MVP caliber plays, A Level players at their prime. Marbury at his prime is a B+ level player.

Minnesota didn't do shit after they dropped Marbury; till they had a one year wonder with Cassell and Sprewell.

Everyone hatin on Marbury is a Crawfordsexual and a Currysexual. This is all the biggest bunch of bullshit i've seen since Scott Layden was still the gm. I cant believe all these people are hatin on Marbury. MARBURY IS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!! Does anyone watch the knicks besides knicks4life and metrocard? Marbury hasnt looked like he did last year but Crawford and Currys defense make Marbury look like he belongs on the 1st team all defense. And yes, MARBURY IS STILL A TOP 10 POINT GUARD. Jason williams or white chocolate cant fuck with Marbury and niether can Bibby. Both of them are poor defenders, inconsistent on offense, and they aint even as good of playmakers as Marbury is. Stop calling him a towel head, he is a good man who plays with a lot of heart. Did anyone see the second half of last season?

Co-sign; Marbury's defense is bad when he doesn't try. He has the ability to shut down all star players like Ray Allen(assessment from last season). Crawford and Curry don't do those type of things, they aren't two way players...we need two way players (Artest). The more versatility we have, the more options for our team.

True, Jason Williams always been a shitty defender, and shoots under 40%..and is an average 3pt shooter. Playing with Shaq, his shooting went up. Without Shaq, Williams can have some Jamison Brewer type shooting nights.

The second half of last season defined everything.

Marbury could of gave up on the team, but he didn't. This is what Isiahsexuals ignore mainly. They ignore every positive aspect Marbury has contributed and highlight the exaggerated negative things.

actually hes ranked the 15th most efficient point guard...
so thatd make him out of the top 10.

i used to defend stephon marbury as best i could but at this point it seems useless. im not saying hes the problem with all his prior teams nor this one its just he still hasnt found his ability to click with the right core of guys. exactly why i think hed do better in Philly. Give us Andre Miller and those expiring contracts and ill be fine.

marbury just doest not click with this team. we need someone who can step in (or step up for that matter) that will just come in and dish. want to win, want this TEAM to win rather and get it done. stats are BS to me. if you are on a crappy team your stats will be HIGH. if you are on a great team chances are they will LOWER. simple math. we need someone who can come in and just be solid. not a superstar, not a high scorer all the time.. just solid. Andre Miller is the answer, I really believe that.

We do we even have an established team? Marbury definitely clicked last season. Its his second year under Isiah, and our "team" got a new scoring option. There so many factors you have to consider that Marbury isn't responsible for. Is Marbury responsible for all the injuries that occurred in the summer? Is Marbury responsible for some players on our team not playing no defense at all? No, he's having a good season, not great, but good. We're 2-4, its expected. We had a tough schedule. We will make the playoffs with this roster, but we won't go far; thats my expectation.

Marbury does DISH, top 13 in the NBA in assist per game.

Have you been catching up with the NBA lately? Andre Miller is washed up...Louis Williams is going to take his position as Phillie looks into the future.

Miller this season is averaging 4.7 assist...and 3.1 turnovers. While Marbury averages 6.8 assist and 2.4 turnovers.

Career wise, Marbury averages 7.9 assist(one of the best in the NBA) on 3 TO's, where as Miller averages 7.5 on 2.7 TO's. Marbury also has superior range, defense, and overall scoring ability, and just is a better athlete and a better performer RIGHT NOW.

Does Miller have an expiring contract? I wouldn't mind getting him then, but remember Marbury > Miller.

metrocard

Legend
That's not the issue. Marbury ABANDONED his teammates when things were NOT GOING HIS WAY. How can you defend that attitude. Not to mention he threatened blackmailling Isiah for not putting him in the starting lineup! Is that a defendable response to a reduction in playing time? It's obvious that he doesn't care whether or not the Knicks win any more. Are you related to Marbury or something? Because I simply don't understand why you continue to support him.

I am blaming everybody for this mess including Marbury. It's just that Marbury has chosen himself over the team and has destroyed the Knick season only 6 games into it.

Stop crying and blaming everyone. Look for solutions. Marbury said he wanted to come back and play. Why must Isiah be an ass and bench a productive starter? Curry and Crawford should be benched before Marbury for their defensive woes and softness.

Destroyed the Knicks season? Shut the fuck up, we're 2-4, we 76 games left in the season. You're overreacting.

Are you guys on Crack in here... We have played six games.. we have won 2 and lost 4. We should have won two of those games (Cleveland and Mia), there is no PROBLEM yet, New Yorkers are always quick to jump on and off a fuckin band wagon. Like when the Yankees were going through their spell in May, the Giants at the begining of the season this year... It's like people want to fuckin complain just to fuckin complain. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! Look Marbury has played like shit in two of the 5 games he was in, He played real well in 2, and played okay against the Heat up until late in the 4th. Maybe Collins coming in could have been a good move... BUT not 5 games into the fuckin season. especially when the team is, for the most part, playing well(you cant win every game). With that being said it was a Bullshit move by Marbury to bounce on the team because of this. Thomas and Marbury are both to blame right now... I don't know what the hell some of you guys were paying attention to in the first 5 gmes of the season, but I saw a team that played hard, won some games, lost some, but were competitive, and like I said, no one wins every game, every team loses heartbreakers, thats just the way it is.

I don't care what the rest of you guys say, I want Marbury back in the starting lineup against the Clippers, you don't demote your starting point guard for have a couple of bad games. If that continues to say 10 games, and Collins shows he is a viable replacement in those 10 games, then sure try for a change, but there is no basis to do that now. I also say Marbury should be fined by the team 250,000 bucks for that bullshit of leaving the team, especially with Zach not being there. That was selfish and stupid and a move that a teenager would do, not a grown ass man.

These two dudes need to get on the same page, so the knicks can continue doing what they came to do, win games get into the playoffs and contend. You pessimistic mofo's who see the glass as half full, see if you can go get a job for espn. you dudes disgust me

Wow, you finally came to your senses. Excellent post.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Stop crying and blaming everyone. Look for solutions. Marbury said he wanted to come back and play. Why must Isiah be an ass and bench a productive starter? Curry and Crawford should be benched before Marbury for their defensive woes and softness.

Destroyed the Knicks season? Shut the fuck up, we're 2-4, we 76 games left in the season. You're overreacting.

Wow, you finally came to your senses. Excellent post.

You're hopeless.

I love Mardy Collins, but I'm sorry, he does not have enough experience, or a jumpshot, to lead us to the playoffs. Neither does Nate, experience wise. Marbury's attitide just shows me that he doesn't care about winning anymore, so regardless if he comes back or not, he can not lead this team. Marbury has lost the respect of his teammates, management, and probably the entire NBA. Whatever little trade value he had has been lost, so we will probably end up buying him out. I'm sure this drama is also negatively effecting the team. So therefore, a once hopeful playoff berth season, has resulted in a 25-35 win season and no playoffs.

Look on the bright side, at least Isiah will be fired soon. It sucks that the Knicks will be bad again but at least 2 (Marbury, Isiah) of the 3 (Dolan) knuckleheads will be gone.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Metro, as much as I try to respect your eloquence with stats etc. Sometimes there is more to a player than numbers. This has nothing to do with the media. It is just a way to behave on the bench, a way to talk with other players and things like that and that is what I miss in Marbury.

Exactly pat you understand it!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Jason Williams played with Shaq and Dwayne Wade...now he's officially a winner? Man, I guess Knicks need to bring Micheal Doleac back, trade Curry for him now. Look at Doleac's ring, it'll sure get us somewhere in the future.

Williams is a C level PG, Marbury is a B level PG. J-Will isn't on Marbury's level. Williams is Carlos Arroyo with increased minutes and less efficiency.

Somebody had to give Shaq and Wade the ball and that was Jason.Yes he is a proven winner and he has the ring to prove it and thats something Marbury does'nt have.Sure Marbury has more skill than Jason but Marbury does'nt know how to use his skill and thats why he will never be a winner and will always be a bad apple.Jason acted like Marbury when he came into the league BUT he grew up and is now a good proven point guard that his teamates respect.I know he would be a better fit in NEW YORK than Marbury b/c he is a team player that would'nt turn his back on the team and would help the younger players like Lee,Balkman,Curry get better.l

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Marbury isn't the problem.

There are several problems, but Marbury is the biggest one. He's a total LOSER!!!

You don't only judge a player by his athletic ability and stats. You judge them by their character, both as human beings/teamates, and their ability to perform under pressure at crunch time.

Marbury is obviously a classless idiot with no basketball IQ, marginal mental problems, that doesn't make his teamates better, and that can't perform at crunch time.

There are reasons why smart teams get rid of some players with great stats and athletic ability. They see the character flaws and know they can't win with those players. Players like Marbury, Artest and others are like a cancer on any team they play on no matter what their stats.

Let's just pray that Randolph isn't another disaster waiting to happen.

With all due respect and sympathy to the man, most professional athletes would have spent a day or two with family, and then taken a day for the funeral. This guy is practically taking an open ended vacation. He did the same thing in Portland for a somewhat less significant death (a brother in law or something). I am already calling BS on this and believe me I do understand that some people are very close to their granny and don't handle death well.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Let's just pray that Randolph isn't another disaster waiting to happen.

With all due respect and sympathy to the man, most professional athletes would have spent a day or two with family, and then taken a day for the funeral. This guy is practically taking an open ended vacation. He did the same thing in Portland for a somewhat less significant death (a brother in law or something). I am already calling BS on this and believe me I do understand that some people are very close to their granny and don't handle death well.

Zach Randolph paid for the residence his Grandmother lived in. That would probably make him an executor of her estate. How do you think he would resolve this? If there are taxes, he would have to pay those before recieving control of the property. I'm canadian and sadly have more understanding than you. Seriously, get off Zach's back. His grandmother passed, and he has to deal with it. This was supposed to be David Lee's time to shine in his absence right? All Lee has shown me is that Isiah was right to get Randolph. I would have preferred Lamarcus Aldridge, but that was never gonna happen.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yo Dicklover star out of this. i gotta give lil man bklyn, metrocard, and knicks4life some big props. I dont blame Marbury for doin what he did. Isiah had no right to disrespect him like that. This fuckn guy plays through pain with a lot of heart, hes a christian, hes still a top 10 point guard and everyone besides 4 of us is hatin on him. Get off his dick and go suck crawfords and mcflurrys. I cant believe that everyone is pointing the finger at Marbury. Yeah he left the team but Isiah had no right threatning his starting job. I'll admit he had a couple of off games but wait til he gets goin. He was knockin down 3's, driving to the hoop and winning games last year while at the other end of the court he was stoppin some of the best scorers in the league. Doesntt anyone remember all the 30 point games he had the second half of last season? Fuck Bibby and Jason Williams, and Fred Jones is better then Crawford. Anyone else whos supporting Marbury please step up cuz theres gotta be more then 4 of us. Its sad how everyones turned on Marbury. He gonna prove all yall wrong.

paris401

Starter
no problem... he's back in calif and will suit up tonite against the clips.... what brought him back... the smell of $42m.....

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Yo Dicklover star out of this. i gotta give lil man bklyn, metrocard, and knicks4life some big props. I dont blame Marbury for doin what he did. Isiah had no right to disrespect him like that. This fuckn guy plays through pain with a lot of heart, hes a christian, hes still a top 10 point guard and everyone besides 4 of us is hatin on him. Get off his dick and go suck crawfords and mcflurrys. I cant believe that everyone is pointing the finger at Marbury. Yeah he left the team but Isiah had no right threatning his starting job. I'll admit he had a couple of off games but wait til he gets goin. He was knockin down 3's, driving to the hoop and winning games last year while at the other end of the court he was stoppin some of the best scorers in the league. Doesntt anyone remember all the 30 point games he had the second half of last season? Fuck Bibby and Jason Williams, and Fred Jones is better then Crawford. Anyone else whos supporting Marbury please step up cuz theres gotta be more then 4 of us. Its sad how everyones turned on Marbury. He gonna prove all yall wrong.

So you think Marbury leaving was exceptable? Honestly that equivalent to being a deserter in the army, and finding out that your entire platoon got wounded. How do you put your faith, trust, or respect in a guy you now realize will walk out on you we it's not convenient. Isiah as his boss has every right to ask him to play with more intensity. He was harder on Curry and Crawford, yet both guys stayed and played. There is simply no excuse that any intelligent person can offer on Marbury's behalf. He should simply appologize and start taking responsibilty. That would be a great step in the right direction.

Paris, you ain't said nothing but the truth.