Answer to our prayers

nyk_nyk

All Star
Marbury is one of the best assist men in the NBA, and has been that in the last decade. Not many guys are going to average 10 assist in the offense like the Knicks. You don't get many assist with Curry unless you got an open alley-oop. Curry is a black hole, once he gets the ball; you'll never see it again. If you're saying Marbury is selfish, then you need to watch more Knicks games.

You must be part of the Marbury family. One of the best assist men in the NBA??? Just because a person can get 7 or 8 assists doesn't mean he's a good assist man. There are two ways of getting assists: #1 seeing an open man and getting the ball to him in time for a score. #2 creating a situation where the defense is altered and thus getting the ball to your teamate for a score. See S. Nash, J. Kidd, C. Paul...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
You must be part of the Marbury family. One of the best assist men in the NBA??? Just because a person can get 7 or 8 assists doesn't mean he's a good assist man. There are two ways of getting assists: #1 seeing an open man and getting the ball to him in time for a score. #2 creating a situation where the defense is altered and thus getting the ball to your teamate for a score. See S. Nash, J. Kidd, C. Paul...

Great post! I have been thinking of all that and stating it for a little while now. 2 weeks.. Once again Great post!

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm a huge Marbury fan, always liked his game, and backed him up when most spat on him. But this... there is no way around this... Not showing up for practice spells doom.

This team is going nowhere. Isaiah is getting fired. Steph is the scapegoat for now. But this is Zeke's fault. He changes with the wind like many posters have said. He blames the guards for leaving men open, yet all it takes is one pick for the guards to get open, because Zeke does not preach his bigs to help on pick and roll. If you don't have help on the picks from the bigs, avg guards will look like world beaters.

What's going to happen now is, Collins is going to start, and the offense will suffer greatly, and teams will STILL score at will because the bigs (Eddy Fluffy in particular) do not help defend. I see hs players who help better than the bigs on the Knicks. So the insert of Collins won't lead to wins. Anyone thinking this is mad. Only thing that will lead to more wins is more defense.

I remember the post in the preseason where Zeke said... everyone is responsible for their own man. He said teams scored from the outside and not in the paint. That is skewed because, all it took then, like it still takes now.. is one pick on a guard for his man to get an open 15 footer, or three. The bigs do not rotate well on defense, and teams know this. One pick, two passes, score. I don't care if we had Clyde Frazier on this team, if the bigs won't help on the pick and rolls, his man would score like the wind. Until this changes, we'll suck.
Excellent post! You couldn't have said it any better.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
PRAISE THE LORD!! If Marbury has regressed, it should be time to punch his card. He was awful against the Heat, who were winless till they played us. Marbury a the two who also be a nightmare cause his nightly matchup would be the following:

ATL: Joe Johnson 6'7
BOS: Ray Allen Aka Jesus Shuttlesworth 6'6
CHA: Jason Richardson 6'6
CHI: Ben Gordon 6'3
CLE: Larry Hughes or Lebron James 6'5 or 6'7
DAL: Josh Howard 6'7

that's just match ups against the first 6 teams alphabetically. There still Kobe, D Wade, T Mac, Vinsanity, Redd, Ginobili. I can say with all confidence there is no match up he could win at SG.

This Knicks team needs to become less selfish. A traditional PG would be a start,

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Jesus Shuttleworth ha ha good movie but that had to be the dumbest name. Marbury shut him down last year in a game against Seattle. I think Ray Allen or whatever you wanna call him had 18 points with a terrible shooting percentage. Marbury is still a great defender, its hared to judge any player after 5 games. I thought Marbury put in a good effort against AI in the Denver game even though AI finished with 34. He was on fire that night but he didnt get 34 because of bad defense. Even Nate stuck with him. It was crawford who had his ankles broken early in the game.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I'd rather see Mardy play great d and avg 10PPG with 8-10 APG's than what Marbury has to offer. We've down the Marbury road. And it simply isn't good enough anymore. We need ball movement to the bigs, we aren't getting that now. Plaus 3 TO's in crunch time for a team that averaged 99 PPG to score 72 on it's home floor? That's absurd. It insulting and offensive to anyone who calls themselves Knicks fans. And without D Wade? Yikes!

paris401

Starter
'towelhead' had zero trade value before today's bolt.... now he has to work his way back to zero....

no question he will come back... he ain't leaving 42,000,000.00 on the table...

metrocard

Legend
Actually Marburysexual he is the problem. He cant keep anyone out of the paint, letting teams breakdown our D. He doesn't have a great TO/Assist ratio and he isn't scoring like he used to. He is mediocre at best. We need a floor general who can get Curry and Randolph the ball while being able to keep opposing guards in front of him. I am tired of seeing him burned on one end of the court then brick a three pointer or turn the ball over in response. Lets face facts, Marbury HAD tremendous talent and athleticism but never had the the right head. Now his athleticism is is going and his head is still as bad as ever. If he could play smart he could be effective like Billups but he doesn't and needs to go. At this point I'd rather develop Nate and Collins then waste anymore time with this underachieving chump. I personally would package him with a good player of ours (bench) for a true point guard and be done with him. Let Italy have him.

Marbury isn't the problem.

Marbury was our best defensive PG last season, CONSISTENTLY. He didn't play good defense recently cause he got bumped hard in the thighs...I watched the game. Marbury's defense eventually picks up.

Marbury isn't scoring like he's used to because he's UNSELFISH. Marbury isn't a score first PG, if he was; Crawford, Randolph, and Curry wouldn't be averaging 20 points a game. Marbury has shared and distributed the ball better than anyone on this Knicks have this season. Thats a FACT; from my assessment of watching the games.

If you're tired of seeing Marbury get "burned", then what about our two worst defenders in Crawford and Curry? They've been brutal on defense ever since they came here till NOW.

Wrong, once again. Marbury has elite agility, strength, power and quickness, with one of the best body compositions, assist machines and scoring machines you can find at the PG position. Marbury has had 11 different coaches in 9-10 years. Organizations and management haven't dealt with Marbury the best way possible and never gave him a chance.

Play smart? Billups plays with one of the most elite defenses in the NBA and 3 potential all stars. Marbury plays with a roster that changes up every 3 seconds cause Isiah is trading guys left and right. Billups was a chucker himself and is still a chucker. Its terrible, just a terrible comparision when you compare guys on superior teams to guys on inferior teams on terms of success. Of course...you would probably make a dumb ass argument that Derek Fisher > Marbury.

Personally, you're opinion doesn't matter. You haven't watched enough Knicks games season(to realize Marbury's ability was caged by Larry Brown, and it took a while to finally get comfortable within Isiah's system; once Marbury got comfty, he was hitting big shot 3's, playing top 3 defense at his position and leading the team to close games) to have a fair clear unbias assessment on this whole situation.

Everything is personal. You don't like Marbury, we understand that. But just STFU and keep your personal opinion as far away from the facts, because they're both distant apart from each other, very distant.

I bashed Marbury when he first got here in the first two seasons; but last season changed my whole view on Marbury, and other real Knick fans too.

Nate Robinson running the point guard position? God damn, this forum has gone mad.

This is obvious here, New York needs a scapegoat, if they fail once again. Marbury is that guy. Defensively, Crawford and Curry are the worst players. Turnovers, Crawford and Curry are known to be very turnover prone.

I'll only give dap to Jamal for building muscle mass and driving to the basket more.

A lot of heads are confused on this situation.

Obviously the Isiahsexuals will follow Isiah, no matter what. It could be baby Jesus versus Isiah Lord Thomas...Isiahsexuals will be calling for the crucifixion of Jesus Christ before they ever turn on Isiah. Its really sick how much of a hold Isiah has on your balls, he's in total PR control...thats why Dolan has Isiah as GM. Isiah has been a failure as a GM and as Coach and as a president, but he keeps the heat away from Dolan as best as anyone can. Isiah knows how to sell propoganda to the media and fans, and create excuses and scapegoats.

Fuck Isiah.
Fuck the media.
Fuck the Isiahsexuals.

We should let these cancers go before letting a well rounded PG, and a top 10 PG like Stephon Marbury go like Stephon.

Man, Isiah sure did trade a lot to get Marbury too. Now this shit? Excuse my language, but its a situation I'm not very happy with.

metrocard

Legend
Actually Marburysexual he is the problem. He cant keep anyone out of the paint, letting teams breakdown our D. He doesn't have a great TO/Assist ratio and he isn't scoring like he used to. He is mediocre at best. We need a floor general who can get Curry and Randolph the ball while being able to keep opposing guards in front of him. I am tired of seeing him burned on one end of the court then brick a three pointer or turn the ball over in response. Lets face facts, Marbury HAD tremendous talent and athleticism but never had the the right head. Now his athleticism is is going and his head is still as bad as ever. If he could play smart he could be effective like Billups but he doesn't and needs to go. At this point I'd rather develop Nate and Collins then waste anymore time with this underachieving chump. I personally would package him with a good player of ours (bench) for a true point guard and be done with him. Let Italy have him.

Marbury isn't the problem.

Marbury was our best defensive PG last season, CONSISTENTLY. He didn't play good defense recently cause he got bumped hard in the thighs...I watched the game. Marbury's defense eventually picks up.

Marbury isn't scoring like he's used to because he's UNSELFISH. Marbury isn't a score first PG, if he was; Crawford, Randolph, and Curry wouldn't be averaging 20 points a game. Marbury has shared and distributed the ball better than anyone on this Knicks have this season. Thats a FACT; from my assessment of watching the games.

If you're tired of seeing Marbury get "burned", then what about our two worst defenders in Crawford and Curry? They've been brutal on defense ever since they came here till NOW.

Wrong, once again. Marbury has elite agility, strength, power and quickness, with one of the best body compositions, assist machines and scoring machines you can find at the PG position. Marbury has had 11 different coaches in 9-10 years. Organizations and management haven't dealt with Marbury the best way possible and never gave him a chance.

Play smart? Billups plays with one of the most elite defenses in the NBA and 3 potential all stars. Marbury plays with a roster that changes up every 3 seconds cause Isiah is trading guys left and right. Billups was a chucker himself and is still a chucker. Its terrible, just a terrible comparision when you compare guys on superior teams to guys on inferior teams on terms of success. Of course...you would probably make a dumb ass argument that Derek Fisher > Marbury.

Personally, you're opinion doesn't matter. You haven't watched enough Knicks games season(to realize Marbury's ability was caged by Larry Brown, and it took a while to finally get comfortable within Isiah's system; once Marbury got comfty, he was hitting big shot 3's, playing top 3 defense at his position and leading the team to close games) to have a fair clear unbias assessment on this whole situation.

Everything is personal. You don't like Marbury, we understand that. But just STFU and keep your personal opinion as far away from the facts, because they're both distant apart from each other, very distant.

I bashed Marbury when he first got here in the first two seasons; but last season changed my whole view on Marbury, and other real Knick fans too.

Nate Robinson running the point guard position? God damn, this forum has gone mad.

This is obvious here, New York needs a scapegoat, if they fail once again. Marbury is that guy. Defensively, Crawford and Curry are the worst players. Turnovers, Crawford and Curry are known to be very turnover prone.

I'll only give dap to Jamal for building muscle mass and driving to the basket more.

A lot of heads are confused on this situation.

Obviously the Isiahsexuals will follow Isiah, no matter what. It could be baby Jesus versus Isiah Lord Thomas...Isiahsexuals will be calling for the crucifixion of Jesus Christ before they ever turn on Isiah. Its really sick how much of a hold Isiah has on your balls, he's in total PR control...thats why Dolan has Isiah as GM. Isiah has been a failure as a GM and as Coach and as a president, but he keeps the heat away from Dolan as best as anyone can. Isiah knows how to sell propoganda to the media and fans, and create excuses and scapegoats.

Fuck Isiah.
Fuck the media.
Fuck the Isiahsexuals.

We should let these cancers go before letting a well rounded PG, and a top 10 PG like Stephon Marbury go like Stephon.

Man, Isiah sure did trade a lot to get Marbury too. Now this shit? Excuse my language, but its a situation I'm not very happy with.

GetRealistic

Starter
Metro how can you back a guy who instead of taking the demotion and being a team player, cried like a little girl and left the team? How can you want him or your team let alone root for a guy like that. Crawford and Curry don't play defense but atleast the don't bail on there team.

And Marbury isn't a top ten point guard anymore, he just isn't.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Marbury is a disgusting quitter. How can these guys every see him a teammate or trust him again? He left rather than be accountable. That isn't being a scapegoat, that being a loser. Plain and simple. Great players don't do that. I guess that shows what side of the ledger Marbury is on.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
How can anyone think that by getting rid of Marbury that we'll get wins?? You people say you want to win now...but you really don't want too if you think this helps the knicks. This should be a peril sign instead of a celebration. Just take the current game as an example...

And now...

Collins is hurt. He still can't shoot a lick, and Curry still does not play the pick and roll or block shots, or rebound.

This is purely a scapegoat issue with Steph. I just think this one is to the point of no return. How do you fix this if you're the Knicks? No true fan in their right mind can say we're better off without him, when he is one of the cogs that was supposed to move the team in the right direction.

Nate does not defend. Worst defender on the team other than Curry.

Collins does defend, but can't score. I mean he is terrible offensively. Heady, but needs to add a shot to his game. He still looks like last year. As well as he defends, as long as the Bigs don't play pick and roll, it won't be much good vs the good teams who run it well.

Steph may be off to a slow start, but he is surely not the blame for teams shooting 60% from the field each night. I'm not buying it. But he has this unwavering stigma of being a cancer, that it's easy to blame him for the faults of the team.

Isaiah is getting fired.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
This is all Marbury fault. Did IT put him on a plane? Tell him to leave the arena? How about the State? Steph is supposedly a "grown-up". He should start acting like one. He gets criticized a lot. You wanna know why? He fails to perform at every turn. Nothing to show for his career. Yeah 20 and 8 some will say. He has ZERO HEART. That's why he'll be one of those guys people will say could've been and never WAS. Elite PG's are Tony Parker, Magic Johnson, Jason Kidd, guys who consistently put team ahead of themselves. Can anyone in this forum say Marbury is in the same mold of any of those guys with a straight face? Please, if you feel like you could, then i'd skip the next drug test or breathalyzer.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
[QUOTEWhy the hell would anyone replace Marbury for Williams? Williams sucks and is turnover prone and can't shoot...and is a terrible defender.
][/QUOTE]

LMAO,he must not suck to bad b/c he outplayed Marbury the other night and has out played him more than just one time when they have played againist each other.He is'nt turnover prone any longer!! yes he was when he came into the league but ever since Hubie Brown coached him he has lead the league in (assist to turnover) or been in the top five every year.His shot is'nt the best in the world but he has improved.That was a CLUTCH shot buy Williams the other night that beat us was'nt it??As far as his defense goes yes it is'nt the best in the world but he has improved.

J-will is a team player that wants to win and he is a proven player(nba champion).Thats something Marbury can't say!!

paris401

Starter
i don't care if he comes back or stays away... all i wanta know is ... what dirt u got on IT??... come on... enquiring minds want to know...

jimkcchief88

All Star
So Isiah goes to bench the guy and he quits the team. Real eighth grade there. Anyone still defending this guy needs to have their heads examined. He quits the team if he doesn't start. And you wonder why we have been saying he is no true point guard. A true PG puts the team before himself but Starbury is too selfish. Stats don't tell the whole story, but actions like this say it all. SELFISH just like we have been saying for years. The KNICKS will be better withour Starbury just like every other team that has dumped his ass. This is a very good thing. Time to move forward.

metrocard

Legend
Metro how can you back a guy who instead of taking the demotion and being a team player, cried like a little girl and left the team? How can you want him or your team let alone root for a guy like that. Crawford and Curry don't play defense but atleast the don't bail on there team.

And Marbury isn't a top ten point guard anymore, he just isn't.

You have no explanation for your thoughts.

I back Marbury because he isn't the problem. It doesn't mean I'm saying Marbury is the solution.

Marbury is probably pissed, and he should be; why the hell would you bench Marbury?

15 ppg
40% FG
44% 3pt
87% FT
6.8 assist per game
2.4 TO's per game

Please, these aren't good numbers? Marbury is our most productive guard, and producing better than many overrated PG's like Kirk Hinrich.

Hinrich is averaging 9 ppg on 31% FG and 10% 3pt with 5.7 assist and 2.8 turnovers.

Marbury has kept his turnovers down, once he gets more chemistry with Randolph, he'll average 8 assist LIGHT.

Marbury is 13th in the NBA in assist per game, appreciate that. He's not the best at scoring or passing at his position, but he's fucking good.

Collins is hurt. He still can't shoot a lick, and Curry still does not play the pick and roll or block shots, or rebound.

This is purely a scapegoat issue with Steph. I just think this one is to the point of no return. How do you fix this if you're the Knicks? No true fan in their right mind can say we're better off without him, when he is one of the cogs that was supposed to move the team in the right direction.

Nate does not defend. Worst defender on the team other than Curry.

Collins does defend, but can't score. I mean he is terrible offensively. Heady, but needs to add a shot to his game. He still looks like last year. As well as he defends, as long as the Bigs don't play pick and roll, it won't be much good vs the good teams who run it well.

Steph may be off to a slow start, but he is surely not the blame for teams shooting 60% from the field each night. I'm not buying it. But he has this unwavering stigma of being a cancer, that it's easy to blame him for the faults of the team.

Isaiah is getting fired.

Greatest post ever by you. Glad we see eye to on this. Even Isiahsexuals are coming out of the closet.

[QUOTEWhy the hell would anyone replace Marbury for Williams? Williams sucks and is turnover prone and can't shoot...and is a terrible defender.
]

LMAO,he must not suck to bad b/c he outplayed Marbury the other night and has out played him more than just one time when they have played againist each other.He is'nt turnover prone any longer!! yes he was when he came into the league but ever since Hubie Brown coached him he has lead the league in (assist to turnover) or been in the top five every year.His shot is'nt the best in the world but he has improved.That was a CLUTCH shot buy Williams the other night that beat us was'nt it??As far as his defense goes yes it is'nt the best in the world but he has improved.

J-will is a team player that wants to win and he is a proven player(nba champion).Thats something Marbury can't say!![/QUOTE]

Jason Williams played with Shaq and Dwayne Wade...now he's officially a winner? Man, I guess Knicks need to bring Micheal Doleac back, trade Curry for him now. Look at Doleac's ring, it'll sure get us somewhere in the future.

Williams is a C level PG, Marbury is a B level PG. J-Will isn't on Marbury's level. Williams is Carlos Arroyo with increased minutes and less efficiency.

pat

Starter
You have no explanation for your thoughts.

I back Marbury because he isn't the problem. It doesn't mean I'm saying Marbury is the solution.

Marbury is probably pissed, and he should be; why the hell would you bench Marbury?

15 ppg
40% FG
44% 3pt
87% FT
6.8 assist per game
2.4 TO's per game

Please, these aren't good numbers? Marbury is our most productive guard, and producing better than many overrated PG's like Kirk Hinrich.

Hinrich is averaging 9 ppg on 31% FG and 10% 3pt with 5.7 assist and 2.8 turnovers.

Marbury has kept his turnovers down, once he gets more chemistry with Randolph, he'll average 8 assist LIGHT.

Marbury is 13th in the NBA in assist per game, appreciate that. He's not the best at scoring or passing at his position, but he's fucking good.

Greatest post ever by you. Glad we see eye to on this. Even Isiahsexuals are coming out of the closet.

J-will is a team player that wants to win and he is a proven player(nba champion).Thats something Marbury can't say!!

Jason Williams played with Shaq and Dwayne Wade...now he's officially a winner? Man, I guess Knicks need to bring Micheal Doleac back, trade Curry for him now. Look at Doleac's ring, it'll sure get us somewhere in the future.

Williams is a C level PG, Marbury is a B level PG. J-Will isn't on Marbury's level. Williams is Carlos Arroyo with increased minutes and less efficiency.[/QUOTE]

Metro, as much as I try to respect your eloquence with stats etc. Sometimes there is more to a player than numbers. This has nothing to do with the media. It is just a way to behave on the bench, a way to talk with other players and things like that and that is what I miss in Marbury.