I Just Wanna Get This Off My Chest

TunerAddict

Starter
That's the only thing I had against that man, he was an Atheist. The term Atheist was created by a "dark religion" that have their own "dark beliefs" and wanted less people to believe in God, to ignore the existence God, that's why they came up with Atheism. Do some research.

"The birth of atheism deceptively made satan feel free from his responsibility to obey and worship God, even though he also knew he wasn't free. It made him deceptively feel he had the freedom to think and speak whatever he wanted without the feeling that it was sin, even though he knew this was not so. It made him deceptively feel that there is no punishment from God awaiting him, even though he knows full well there is. With God supposedly out of the picture, satan could establish all of the various erroneous manmade and demonic philosophies, religions, opinions and etc. in the world and none of them would be wrong in the eyes of his atheism."

You really don't want to get into a religion debate on here because you'll regret it. I'd show you things that'd leave you questioning yourself.

That's the only thing I had against that man, he was an Atheist. The term Atheist was created by a "dark religion" that have their own "dark beliefs" and wanted less people to believe in God, to ignore the existence God, that's why they came up with Atheism. Do some research.

"The birth of atheism deceptively made satan feel free from his responsibility to obey and worship God, even though he also knew he wasn't free. It made him deceptively feel he had the freedom to think and speak whatever he wanted without the feeling that it was sin, even though he knew this was not so. It made him deceptively feel that there is no punishment from God awaiting him, even though he knows full well there is. With God supposedly out of the picture, satan could establish all of the various erroneous manmade and demonic philosophies, religions, opinions and etc. in the world and none of them would be wrong in the eyes of his atheism."

Although the origins of the word that you state is true. The basis of it and that of which you quote here is flat out ridiculous. To somehow equate that people who are non believers are somehow evil represents everything that is wrong with religion that Carlin pointed.

For the record Carlin never called or considered himself to be an atheist.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Mark Twain once said that he would like heaven for the atmosphere, but would prefer hell for the company. I like Crawford for the attitude, but Marbury as a player.

Marbury is a high maintenance prima donna, but he can play the game when he wants to. He has shown excellent defense at times, something Crawford has never demonstrated. He is fearless at going to the hoop. Despite a magnificent cross-over, Crawford constantly pulls up and pops.

I am with abcd. I think Marbury is going to have a very good year. It is a contract year for him. Donnie and D'Antoni can pull the plug on him at any time. They do not have to buy him out. They can make him sit at home as Chicago did with Tim Thomas and Dallas did with Van Horn. Marbury will be motivated.

once again, no1 is comparing them.....i believe marbury will have a breakout season as well....i hope he does....steph is our point guard...the best floor general on our team, we need the combination of him and crawford, they havent played together much as of late, if we have a consistant shooting small foward, lee as power, and a shot blocking center, we would b in the playoff for sure

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You are lame if...

Your name is Toons, jimmychief, jpz17

If you feel bad for NYKnicks126 (RIP)

If you are hoping to see Marbury fail (getreal)

If you dont realize marburys had a good attitude for 2 years now

If you dont realize that marbury will lead us back to the playoffs this year

If your favorite player is crawford

(I agree with threadstarter about david Lee)

Slow down son.

Miami, Minnesota, Memphis, Seattle and New York are on pace to finish below the Crawford Line (.307) this season -- the most teams to finish with fewer than 26 wins since 2000-01. The Crawford Line is named in honor of New York Knicks guard Jamal Crawford, who has a career winning percentage of .307, worst among active players with at least 400 games played.

Crawford and Randolph were major contributors.
To losing.

Crawford is a hall of fame for leading the worst teams in the NBA. He's Captain Loser.

Why fuck you care about Seattle? Move there then fool. Marbury's charity work is uncomparable.

Crawford cannot lead a team, he's never been to the playoffs or played on a .500 team in his life.

Marbury is a BETTER scorer, BETTER defender, BETTER PG, and just a superior player. No comparison. Marbury is the best player on this team.

Dude is caca.

:lol: @ that youtube video i remember that

Toons is the only crawfordsexual i know :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Slow down son.

Why must u resort to name callin? lil kids....im a fool...lol...right....
umm, y r u bringing marbury in this discussion??? did i say that crawford is better than steph?? i dont recall.....i mentioned seattle because of his charity work, he is a great guy off the court.....of course marbury is a better point guard.....crawfors is a 2guard....i thought u knew that....there is no comparison because no1 compared, no way would i leave the bahamas to go live in the US, no disrespect, i travel there a lot....i never said crawford was a leader, he led the team down the stretch of last season....read it again.
i like crawfords game....u dont...tough...im not asking you to....so whenever i mention crawford, ignore it next time, because u and msg seem like you all HAVE to comment on EVERYTHING that applauds players other than marbury, david lee an whoever else u feel is God.

:lol::lol::lol:

:td:

Crawford has played more regular season games then any other player without ever playin in a playoff game :lol:

iwu91h.jpg

Last edited:

Akamu

The King
You really don't want to get into a religion debate on here because you'll regret it. I'd show you things that'd leave you questioning yourself.

You do not know or realize how deep my religious knowledge extends to, how religion connects to various things in the world, and I do not mind debates at all, but I rather keep it out of the Knicks forum section, although we can catch up in the hangout part of these forums if you'd like.

Although the origins of the word that you state is true. The basis of it and that of which you quote here is flat out ridiculous. To somehow equate that people who are non believers are somehow evil represents everything that is wrong with religion that Carlin pointed.

For the record Carlin never called or considered himself to be an atheist.

You be the judge of that, weather you believe people that do not associate or have any belief and or religion aka Atheist are not related in the slightest to evil. It is solely up to you weather you choose to ignore something or not, it sounds like you might not believe there is a God so this does not apply to you.

Look up the word Atheist, he falls under it and if he said it out loud is beyond me, but that is besides the point, he probably has if he believes there is no God.

metrocard

Legend
Slow down son.

Miami, Minnesota, Memphis, Seattle and New York are on pace to finish below the Crawford Line (.307) this season -- the most teams to finish with fewer than 26 wins since 2000-01. The Crawford Line is named in honor of New York Knicks guard Jamal Crawford, who has a career winning percentage of .307, worst among active players with at least 400 games played.

Crawford and Randolph were major contributors.
To losing.

Crawford is a hall of fame for leading the worst teams in the NBA. He's Captain Loser.

Why fuck you care about Seattle? Move there then fool. Marbury's charity work is uncomparable.

Crawford cannot lead a team, he's never been to the playoffs or played on a .500 team in his life.

Marbury is a BETTER scorer, BETTER defender, BETTER PG, and just a superior player. No comparison. Marbury is the best player on this team.

Why must u resort to name callin? lil kids....im a fool...lol...right....
umm, y r u bringing marbury in this discussion??? did i say that crawford is better than steph?? i dont recall.....i mentioned seattle because of his charity work, he is a great guy off the court.....of course marbury is a better point guard.....crawfors is a 2guard....i thought u knew that....there is no comparison because no1 compared, no way would i leave the bahamas to go live in the US, no disrespect, i travel there a lot....i never said crawford was a leader, he led the team down the stretch of last season....read it again.
i like crawfords game....u dont...tough...im not asking you to....so whenever i mention crawford, ignore it next time, because u and msg seem like you all HAVE to comment on EVERYTHING that applauds players other than marbury, david lee an whoever else u feel is God.

Marbury > Crawford.

Starks

Starter
I gotta speak on this religion stuff. I try not to contribute to conversations involving non-knick related issues or marbury wars, but its the offseason...

George Carlin was a comic genius. He wasn't trying to be a world leader or cultural hero. His profession was to find satire in society and any other day day situations people find themselves in. His thoughts on religion are not meant to be dissected and analyzed. If you do that, then you do not grasp the art of comedy. He was a comic icon because his style of comedy was so poignant that it can make some people look at them self and question the ironies of their life. The fact that this conversation is going on proves that point.

As far as religion. There are 22 major world religions on earth (From Christians who praise Christ to Rastafarians who live the word of Jah). I believe each one of can be placed into 3 categories:

1. Those that have faith and believe in their personal religion of choice.

2. Those that do not believe in religion. (Some of the greatest minds/artists/philosophers/scientists this world has seen were atheists)

3. Those that will not believe until a miraculous happening occurs in their life.

I think its best to respect what category people fall instead of trying to convince others your choice of life is supreme. It is an endless debate that will to nothing but frustration and wasted time. (This is what i hate about marbury wars btw)

PS. the girl I am currently sleeping with is a major religious hothead and it drives me insane. Not because of her beliefs, but for the simple fact that she tries too hard to correct my sins. She never gets anywhere because of her inability to step back and accept that their isn't anything that makes one person's life more supreme than mine. There's been some major effin fights because of this. And i like her....so imagine how heated this debate can get when done over the internet against people you don't give a rat's ass about

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Ima christian but i respect other peoples choices. At the end of the day were all people with different beliefs and we just gotta respect each other. Whether you muslim, christian, or rastafarian just do your own thing, whatever makes you happy.

Starks

Starter
Ima christian but i respect other peoples choices. At the end of the day were all people with different beliefs and we just gotta respect each other. Whether you muslim, christian, or rastafarian just do your own thing, whatever makes you happy.

I'm Catholic myself...but the lazy breed that doesn't go to church and was forced into catholic grammar school and highschool. If I can go back in time at a point in life where i could choose what religion i would be, i think it might be Buddhism or whichever one that says its okay to have tons of wives....and if i wasn't Cuban, maybe Rastafarian

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'm Catholic myself...but the lazy breed that doesn't go to church and was forced into catholic grammar school and highschool. If I can go back in time at a point in life where i could choose what religion i would be, i think it might be Buddhism or whichever one that says its okay to have tons of wives....and if i wasn't Cuban, maybe Rastafarian

I go to church occasionally...i would like to go more often but i work on sundays. I watch the religious channels sometimes on tv.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'm lame because I still believe in Marbury, and must also be lame because I think Lee is god because he's a hard working, loyal player for us

You are a true knicks fan for supporting marbury and believing in him...Lee is a hard worker and hes gotta good attitude but i cant co-sign him being god or untradeable.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Why did Eddy Curry's House Special have to start a discussion on religion for? I hope that this doesn't escalate into something big, because that would be real dumb for people to argue over something that one person started. Personally, I don't follow any religion, and I don't follow athiests either, but people should have the right to believe what religion(s) they want. That's what we got the 1st amendment in place for.