Team Starbury vs Haterburys: Lets End it NOW

Describe Yourself (no homo)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea i just wanna vote theres prolly alot of awards out there loll,you are a strong rookie of the year candidate...if you count as one loll....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Trillion didnt win nothin. He didnt even reply to me.

Your 28 but you act like your 12. Your insults are an act of desperation.

Another victim of the gold mac

desperate about what sorry?

and if I act as though I'm 12, then how are you to be perceived?

Insult after insult are no doubt what turned Tr1llion away from a battle he'd already won. Again, you went after the mom. Shining the light on your own immaturity. Why would he take smack from an opponent already tossed aside?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
desperate about what sorry?

and if I act as though I'm 12, then how are you to be perceived?

Insult after insult are no doubt what turned Tr1llion away from a battle he'd already won. Again, you went after the mom. Shining the light on your own immaturity. Why would he take smack from an opponent already tossed aside?

lol @ you thinkin trillion won :lol:

He got stressed out over some insults, and started an argument based on several assumptions. Insults are part of my swag...its not an emotional thing with me. They are intended to be funny and not taken personally but we have a bunch of emotional posters on this site. He took his L and moved on.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
well aren't you just a ****1ng comedian.

in that case maggot c0ck. If you are such a light hearted fun lover why is it that you police every thread on here? You vigilantly pursue all posters who express their opinions alternate to your own and you cuss at them. You preach your superiority as a poster as well. You consider yourself the over lord of knicksonline. Get your head out of your a$$ if it's not already wedged between Stephony's buttocks. You and your band of warrior princesses.

And if everyone else makes assumptions, then are you the ever righteous neutral adjudicator are you?

You are arrogant

I do like your pregame threads though. The Knicks Celtics one was excellent. Bit rough on the champs, but all about the Knicks. That is why I signed on here.

Bummer they lost, but there were lackluster performances throughout.

Willy C balled on though.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
well aren't you just a ****1ng comedian.

in that case maggot c0ck. If you are such a light hearted fun lover why is it that you police every thread on here? You vigilantly pursue all posters who express their opinions alternate to your own and you cuss at them. You preach your superiority as a poster as well. You consider yourself the over lord of knicksonline. Get your head out of your a$$ if it's not already wedged between Stephony's buttocks. You and your band of warrior princesses.

And if everyone else makes assumptions, then are you the ever righteous neutral adjudicator are you?

You are arrogant

I do like your pregame threads though. The Knicks Celtics one was excellent. Bit rough on the champs, but all about the Knicks. That is why I signed on here.

Bummer they lost, but there were lackluster performances throughout.

Willy C balled on though.
Greatness...

dream%20team.jpg

TEAM STARBURY!!!

Who cares about Steph? His Knick and maybe even NBA career is over. With his reputation around the league I'm not sure if anybody's even going to sign him? Is K.G. gonna want him in Boston? Duncan and Pop in San Anton? I don't see Riley bringing him to Miami especially with a rookie head coach. Maybe Toronto as a third guard or perhaps Orlando? Other than those teams I don't see anybody else having use for him.

I've said it a million times on here, Steph is a hall of fame talent but unfortunately as Charles Barkley said last year, "he just doesn't get it".
What a shame.

___

As for the side topic in this thread certain people (led by metrotard) , because of their constant obnoxiousness whenever a disagreement arises , bring this place down. These same people (metrocard included) are capable of intelligent discussion (as evidenced by MSG's excellent game threads) but for whatever reason prefer to go down the same path of insults and personal attacks. I'm all for poking fun at one another and to be frank can do it better than just about all of you but when it's done all the time it gets old.

Before one of you mention my dumbest poster thread and try to discredit my point that was done tongue firmly in cheek. The only reason I made it was because I had had enough of nothing being done and wanted to expose one truth about how the reality is that most people around here wish metro would just chill. In that regard I believe my point was proven and done so in a humorous but not vicious way.

At the end of the day the buck stops with the mods and for reasons that I would love to understand they never take action. The atmosphere here isn't metro's fault, it's the mods for allowing it to get out of hand. This board is a lot like the real life Knicks, the fish stinks from the head down. The Knicks will never win a title unless Dolan changes or sells the team and this messageboard will never be the great, positive outlet it has the potential to be unless the mods do their part and moderate.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I agree 100% with the above post. I am also on a Chiefs website and if you get the least bit out of line you are warned once or twice and then kicked off for good. Its ok to disagree, but personal attacks should NEVER be tolerated. Personal attacks discourage healthy discussion. If you can't act like an adult, you shouldn't be here period. By not taking action, the Moderators here condone and encourage such behavior. How many posters have to tell you they don't post because they don't want to have thier character assassinated before something is done????

Who cares about Steph? His Knick and maybe even NBA career is over. With his reputation around the league I'm not sure if anybody's even going to sign him? Is K.G. gonna want him in Boston? Duncan and Pop in San Anton? I don't see Riley bringing him to Miami especially with a rookie head coach. Maybe Toronto as a third guard or perhaps Orlando? Other than those teams I don't see anybody else having use for him.

I've said it a million times on here, Steph is a hall of fame talent but unfortunately as Charles Barkley said last year, "he just doesn't get it".
What a shame.

___

As for the side topic in this thread certain people (led by metrotard) , because of their constant obnoxiousness whenever a disagreement arises , bring this place down. These same people (metrocard included) are capable of intelligent discussion (as evidenced by MSG's excellent game threads) but for whatever reason prefer to go down the same path of insults and personal attacks. I'm all for poking fun at one another and to be frank can do it better than just about all of you but when it's done all the time it gets old.

Before one of you mention my dumbest poster thread and try to discredit my point that was done tongue firmly in cheek. The only reason I made it was because I had had enough of nothing being done and wanted to expose one truth about how the reality is that most people around here wish metro would just chill. In that regard I believe my point was proven and done so in a humorous but not vicious way.

At the end of the day the buck stops with the mods and for reasons that I would love to understand they never take action. The atmosphere here isn't metro's fault, it's the mods for allowing it to get out of hand. This board is a lot like the real life Knicks, the fish stinks from the head down. The Knicks will never win a title unless Dolan changes or sells the team and this messageboard will never be the great, positive outlet it has the potential to be unless the mods do their part and moderate.

I agree 100% with the above post. I am also on a Chiefs website and if you get the least bit out of line you are warned once or twice and then kicked off for good. Its ok to disagree, but personal attacks should NEVER be tolerated. Personal attacks discourage healthy discussion. If you can't act like an adult, you shouldn't be here period. By not taking action, the Moderators here condone and encourage such behavior. How many posters have to tell you they don't post because they don't want to have thier character assassinated before something is done????

These are by far the 2 best posts I have ever read the whole time I've been here! I myself am guilty of letting some posters get under my skin and have posted childish things myself. I will refrain from posted any personal attacks when attacked and I'll just continue to point out the facts and try and spread some common sence instead. Everyone has their right to their own opinion..... you don't have to agree with them, but if you choose to dissagree you should have the self control to do it without personal attacks to someone you don't know or will never know in real life. (kinda ignorant if you think about it for like 1 second isn't it?)

Akamu

The King
Australia it seems is behind Steph lol, love it

LOL ! :yourock:

This site has much more freedom of expression, which I like. Of course it's not ok to be attacking people but if that were the case where people would be getting kicked out for any and every attack, and a lot of people wouldn't be here, myself included.

The moderators don't encourage violence on the forum. In my time being here I seen action taken by them when things go to the extreme, it's not too often but it's not completely absent. (One clear example, the censorship of curse words, which was not there before)

You have the ability to express yourself in any form or fashion without having to worry about someone ready to ban you for making a mistake. It's up to you to not step out of line, but if you so happen to go out of control you will be dealt with in one form or by the moderators- :fazer:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

What a shame.

Several players have contacted marbury and shown support for him. I think theres more then a couple teams that would like to have him, including the dallas mavericks. Aside from that, im not sure why everyone cares so much about him. Hes not part of this team so why continue to bring him up?

I think we all need to work together to make this site. What i see going on is a chain reaction, and my goal is to end it. Some people on this site are bringin up marbury in every thread and its real annoying. They exaggerate their hate at times...their very quick when forming opinions, they just look at the bad. Ill admit, i do from time to time exaggerate how good i think he is. I think the smarter posters on here know when im doing this and ignore me. But i do it in retaliation to other the hatred for him. That was the purpose of my "great stephon starbury marbury", to aggrevate the haters. I do not want to do things like this, but when i go into a thread about who we should draft and see marbury gettin hated on...of course as one of the best posters on this site, im not gonna look the other way with the exception of a few posters. If its a new poster and its the first time i see marbury gettin hated on by that poster, i might wait before i respond. But eventually im gonna say sumthin, not just in defense of marbury but for the good of this site.

If people are gonna post negative stuff about marbury, they should do it in threads that have already been made instead of makin new ones (trillion). But theres nothin to say about him. Theres no need to bring him up until hes playin for another team.

And about the insults...I think im much better then i once was. But like i keep sayin, they are not intended to hurt feelings. From now on i will sparingly use insults.

GetRealistic

Starter
I can respect that post MSG. I think its pretty obvious both sides need to just give a little. Cause despite both sides belief there is never going to be a winner in this arguement. Some like Marbury and Some hate him who cares.

I've hated Marbury for like 3 years now but i have no problem with not discussing him unless a Marbury discussion is necessary. And at this point the only time we will need to discuss him is if he does get bought out but until then he's really not a part of the team so why waste each others time with the lame back and forth.

And Big Pat, OGS and the others i do agree with a lot of what you write but in the end just let it go. I know some of you are new but MSG is never going to admit losing a debate even if he clearly loses it, thats just his personality. And on the other side if somebody does post something negitive about Marbury the team starbury people should just let it slide now and then.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I can respect that post MSG. I think its pretty obvious both sides need to just give a little. Cause despite both sides belief there is never going to be a winner in this arguement. Some like Marbury and Some hate him who cares.

I've hated Marbury for like 3 years now but i have no problem with not discussing him unless a Marbury discussion is necessary. And at this point the only time we will need to discuss him is if he does get bought out but until then he's really not a part of the team so why waste each others time with the lame back and forth.

And Big Pat, OGS and the others i do agree with a lot of what you write but in the end just let it go. I know some of you are new but MSG is never going to admit losing a debate even if he clearly loses it, thats just his personality. And on the other side if somebody does post something negitive about Marbury the team starbury people should just let it slide now and then.

When did i lose? :confused:

I admitted to a tie once, but i dont believe i ever lost. There are things that i said on here that i wouldnt be able to back up, but i was joking when i said them. You can never lose when you have solid facts that support your argument. The worst you can do is tie

GetRealistic

Starter
When did i lose? :confused:

I admitted to a tie once, but i dont believe i ever lost. There are things that i said on here that i wouldnt be able to back up, but i was joking when i said them. You can never lose when you have solid facts that support your argument. The worst you can do is tie

And you saying that only continues this thread down the path it was heading. Dude everybody has lost, or been wrong. Its life and basketball thats how it goes. A little humility would work.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
And you saying that only continues this thread down the path it was heading. Dude everybody has lost, or been wrong. Its life and basketball thats how it goes. A little humility would work.

I might have lost on here for other reasons, but not in an argument. In real life, I have taken many L's :( :smokin:

metrocard

Legend
LOL ! :yourock:

This site has much more freedom of expression, which I like. Of course it's not ok to be attacking people but if that were the case where people would be getting kicked out for any and every attack, and a lot of people wouldn't be here, myself included.

The moderators don't encourage violence on the forum. In my time being here I seen action taken by them when things go to the extreme, it's not too often but it's not completely absent. (One clear example, the censorship of curse words, which was not there before)

You have the ability to express yourself in any form or fashion without having to worry about someone ready to ban you for making a mistake. It's up to you to not step out of line, but if you so happen to go out of control you will be dealt with in one form or by the moderators- :fazer:

Co-sign.
Moderators are doing a job good.
Its just the people who seem to have manlove for Crawford, who are from midwest, and get picked on for ignorant statements with no evidence for validity(I think you know who) would cry to mods for being picked on because they're so awkward.

Its cool to have manlove for Jamal and be some random Knickfan from the midwest, but when you go all out forcing your opinion on others, expect to get ether, its that simple.

With Marbury, I and the others Soldierburys understand the facts and realities.

Marbury is the BEST guard on this team.
Marbury is the only Knick on this roster to turn this team around and take the Knicks to the playoffs against the Eastern Conference Champions.
Marbury wasn't treated like the best player on the team when Isiah went nuts and trading for players with noticeable weaknesses that didn't compliment Marbury.
Isiah obtained Crawford and Curry for a lot of expiring contracts and future draft picks; a SG that can't shoot and a Center that can't rebound or block: both players being the worst at their position in terms of defense.
How is that complimentary to Marbury or an "upgrade" for the team? It wasn't.
You can't expect Marbury to lead such a crap team to the playoffs like that.
Marbury has had like 11-12 different NBA coaches in his 10 year career, not much stability with the front office working with Marbury.

We also understand.
Marbury has been caught in controversial situations that has build a negative rep on his status as a professional athlete.
Marbury is unethical.
Marbury hasn't shown the BEST attitude, but also hasn't shown the WORST.

People's hate on Marbury is minor things like "He's not mature, he's an asshole, he's a jerk" More personal dislikes rather than his ability to produce as a NBA PG.

So when people debate against team Starbury, their arguement is mostly a personal vendetta and hate rant on Stephon Marbury the person. They don't have enough information, facts, stats, and recorded game logs that can contradict the solid facts team Starbury has brought and shut them down in the past consistantly.

Frustrated Starbury haters began to build a lot of tension and continue the ignorance. In response, team S-bury gave the incompetent haters a taste of their own medicine, especially metrocard; myself who drops the hottest ether in the world. Then they learned right there how it feels to be made fun of since they take so many personal shots at Stephon.

I have nothing personal against the haters, I think you have to divide them into two groups.

The knowledgeable and respectful posters with their own stylistic text that's enjoyable to read, disagree or agree with.
GetRealstic
DonChris

Then you have had guys who just come to this site to take personal shots at me for the past events on this forum where they tried to step up to me but got slapped down to the ground. (Fools on my ignore list)
Pancakes
The One n Only
many others who have died from the forum, there's a whole bunch I can't remember because of the losses they took in such a depressing matter.

I enjoy reading post on this site as much as I like posting, I have a lot of personal favorite posters who agree with me and disagree with me, a lot of respect for them.

If I don't have respect for you, I'm going to text to you like I don't have respect for you. I don't front, so you already know; this doesn't need to be explained.

These are by far the 2 best posts I have ever read the whole time I've been here! I myself am guilty of letting some posters get under my skin and have posted childish things myself. I will refrain from posted any personal attacks when attacked and I'll just continue to point out the facts and try and spread some common sence instead. Everyone has their right to their own opinion..... you don't have to agree with them, but if you choose to dissagree you should have the self control to do it without personal attacks to someone you don't know or will never know in real life. (kinda ignorant if you think about it for like 1 second isn't it?)

You've failed everytime on pointing out the "facts".
People don't have to agree with opinions, but facts have to be accepted.
You came to me, I didn't even know you posted on this site until you called me out and got embarrassed.

Several players have contacted marbury and shown support for him. I think theres more then a couple teams that would like to have him, including the dallas mavericks. Aside from that, im not sure why everyone cares so much about him. Hes not part of this team so why continue to bring him up?

I think we all need to work together to make this site. What i see going on is a chain reaction, and my goal is to end it. Some people on this site are bringin up marbury in every thread and its real annoying. They exaggerate their hate at times...their very quick when forming opinions, they just look at the bad. Ill admit, i do from time to time exaggerate how good i think he is. I think the smarter posters on here know when im doing this and ignore me. But i do it in retaliation to other the hatred for him. That was the purpose of my "great stephon starbury marbury", to aggrevate the haters. I do not want to do things like this, but when i go into a thread about who we should draft and see marbury gettin hated on...of course as one of the best posters on this site, im not gonna look the other way with the exception of a few posters. If its a new poster and its the first time i see marbury gettin hated on by that poster, i might wait before i respond. But eventually im gonna say sumthin, not just in defense of marbury but for the good of this site.

If people are gonna post negative stuff about marbury, they should do it in threads that have already been made instead of makin new ones (trillion). But theres nothin to say about him. Theres no need to bring him up until hes playin for another team.

And about the insults...I think im much better then i once was. But like i keep sayin, they are not intended to hurt feelings. From now on i will sparingly use insults.

As for everyone crying about the insults, whats up?

Why do you front like they don't bother you but then a day later cry continuously about them because they got under your skin and you couldn't handle the affect of the ether?
Insults on the internet should be ignored or laughed at it, getting emotional isn't really the coolest look for a grown man. I throw insults because I get bored with the person text and they're not really saying anything new I haven't read, or just spewing a lot of ignorant ish.

People are ENTITLED to support Marbury for a logical reason, MSG has many reasons in continuing to support for Marbury...it is WRONG to bash MSG for supporting Marbury or any other Marbury supporter. Instead you should use some brain cells and actually start a debate and question the logic. Its not hard, if you' have common sense and an open mind, and not a temper of a 17 year old Washington Heights girl on her tampon.

Plus, a lot of the Marbury support is sarcasm and just for fun. You guys get all defensive a little too much.

You've handle this whole situation the best out of anyone.

GetReal and I use to go through some serious battles back and forth, but personal insults were thrown in there but we both had a lot of pride and didn't let out ignorance take over; because we always provided facts you couldn't find in any other Knick forum, which makes this site the best. You have two of the best from opposites collide which makes a nice main event fight.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
As for everyone crying about the insults, whats up?

Why do you front like they don't bother you but then a day later cry continuously about them because they got under your skin and you couldn't handle the affect of the ether?
Insults on the internet should be ignored or laughed at it, getting emotional isn't really the coolest look for a grown man. I throw insults because I get bored with the person text and they're not really saying anything new I haven't read, or just spewing a lot of ignorant ish.

People are ENTITLED to support Marbury for a logical reason, MSG has many reasons in continuing to support for Marbury...it is WRONG to bash MSG for supporting Marbury or any other Marbury supporter. Instead you should use some brain cells and actually start a debate and question the logic. Its not hard, if you' have common sense and an open mind, and not a temper of a 17 year old Washington Heights girl on her tampon.

Plus, a lot of the Marbury support is sarcasm and just for fun. You guys get all defensive a little too much.

Insults dont bother me. Nothin really bothers me on this site. The constant hate for marbury is annoying, but its not something i think about when im going to bed.

I dont see anything wrong with insults. I think its funny but everyone on this site takes sh!t personal. But like i said, the insults dont bother me. The type of insults that bigpat33 and trillion were throwing at me, came from emotions. They werent trying to be funny. I used that against them, and limited the insults in my post to expose them.

You've failed everytime on pointing out the "facts".
People don't have to agree with opinions, but facts have to be accepted.
You came to me, I didn't even know you posted on this site until you called me out and got embarrassed.

Please find any fact that I've pointed out to be "false"
:barf:I'm still waiting on many,many unanswered questions from you and your supreme basketball knowlage.

I'm not remembering being embarassed over anything? Maby its the :smokin: ....who knows?

Pease out little boy:baby:

clumsy

Rotation player
i still cannot believe cats are arguing about this.

Marbury > than any PG the knicks have had in a long time. His career will murder both Duhon's and Crawford's combined

The Facts: He's the best person for this offense. He can play good defense when motivated. He can be a play maker and scorer (unlike Jamal who can only score). He has pretty good vision. His A/TO ratio better than both nate & jamal. He makes too much money. He has lost a step from his earlier playing days (he was dumb nice when he was on the nets). He sometimes makes poor judgement with his shot especially when he's going cold (tho not quite as bad as jamal). His teammates probably hate him. His coaches definitely hate him.

MOST IMPORTANT: HE IS NOT A PART OF THEIR FUTURE...which should end this discusion.

I wish him the best because i think he's an exciting player, and in his prime he was dominant. But he's gone time to move on.

Blas

Benchwarmer
This is all way beyond Marbury.

I think this thread is more of certain posters are getting sick of other posters.