Paul Won't Extend Asks to Be traded to Knicks!

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
I swear some of you dudes on this site are just looking to make a name for yourselves or your just looking to argue for the sake of arguing. I said he looked healthy, and you took that as me saying hes definitely healthy. Why dont you get my wee wee out your mouth, join a female dating site and get yourself a female. Or you can join a gay dating site, if thats what you prefer. Or find another dude on here to hop on, just leave me alone :( NEG REP

Nice job not bolding the first part of your post, where you say "For those who have doubt about Pauls health he looked very healthy in the playoffs". So......what are you saying? Seems like you are saying not to worry about his health, because he looked great in the playoffs, but don't worry about his regular season where he didn't look like the same player he was in 08-09.

And nice random personal attacks. Very mature way to handle criticism.

KingCharles34

All Star
Nice job not bolding the first part of your post, where you say "For those who have doubt about Pauls health he looked very healthy in the playoffs". So......what are you saying? Seems like you are saying not to worry about his health, because he looked great in the playoffs, but don't worry about his regular season where he didn't look like the same player he was in 08-09.

And nice random personal attacks. Very mature way to handle criticism.

All im sayin is his playoff performance should be taken into consideration. He did look very healthy in the playoffs, more healthy then he looked all season. You made something out of nothing, the only thing i get from what your saying is that you want some attention. Im here to have basketball conversations but if someone comes to me looking for attention im not having that. Your going on my ignore list, im not here to sexually entertain any other dudes. If KnicksChick wants some she can get it anyplace anytime but your stalkin b*tch ass is going on my ignore list

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
Lol this is random but who was that cornball you guys use to have on this site that ended up leaving? That was one if the reasons I stayed away from this site

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
Is there any chance that CP3 agrees not to sign the max to leave room for a real C? Do people like that still exist? Can a persons want for glory exceed their lust for greed...just wondering

Billups, Carter, Williams, Balkman and Turiaf can be traded if it is up to me + I could trade Brown, but I'm convinced Walsh didn't draft Fields, Rautins, Shumpert, Harrellson and Jordan for no reason. I think he believed at least some of these guys could raise to very valuable players and therefore I wouldn't so easily trade them. But, if any of them will be traded to New Orleans, than bring at least young Ewing back!
I wouldn't use Walsh's selection criteria as a reason to keep a player. Evaluate them for what they are or are likely to be in a scheme that is not managed by an offensively leaning coach.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
You are forgetting that Paul DOES have something to lose...10's of millions of dollars! Check it:

N.O. knows that CP3 does not want to lose $41 million and wait to sign with the Knicks or even $26 million by signing a max deal with another team during next season. The only way CP3 gets the full $99 Million dollar Bird Max deal is if he is traded this year and the team he is traded to re-signs him to a max deal exercising their newly acquired Bird rights for Paul.

Paul would have to come out and say he won't sign with any other team therefore no team will be willing to give up much in the way of assets just to rent him. The problem then becomes does a team trade for him anyway and dare him to leave $26 mil on the table? Or does N.O. hold on to him and dare him to leave $41 million on the table to bolt to the Knicks? That is a high risk game of chicken I don't think anyone wishes to play therefore NY must offer up enough that it outweighs the risk of losing him for nothing. N.O. does have some leverage in this if Paul is at all concerned about $26-$41 million...and of course he or anyone would be concerned!
i dont really wanna get into dollars talk but i read on tkb he can get bird money and be a knick

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
i dont really wanna get into dollars talk but i read on tkb he can get bird money and be a knick

Correct, did you read my posts? He has to be traded, not extend and the resign during the offseason...

Ok, so here is the deal on why cp3 is going to force his way out this year...he gets the most money, almost 30 mil more if he signs a max bird right contract. That means no extensions or sign and extend. He needs to land with the team he wishes to play for, let his contract expire next year and re-sign with that team who now holds his Bird rights. He is then able to sign a max deal with an extra year.

with this knowledge, NO has to know he is gone and will want to avoid the Melo-drama so don't be surprised if a trade happens sooner than later.

paris401

Starter
He's basically sent the message that money isn't his primary concern (although I'm sure it's very important) and that other FO's don't really have a chance to keep him after this year if he happens to have the misfortune of being traded to a team besides the Knicks.

i'd luv to see him leave 26/41m on the table... it will never happen...

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
All im sayin is his playoff performance should be taken into consideration. He did look very healthy in the playoffs, more healthy then he looked all season.

You should probably learn how to type your thoughts better.

You made something out of nothing, the only thing i get from what your saying is that you want some attention.

Actually I was responding to your post, which was poorly written by you.

Im here to have basketball conversations but if someone comes to me looking for attention im not having that.

I was making basketball conversation. I was not looking for attention, and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how my post would bring me attention.

Your going on my ignore list, im not here to sexually entertain any other dudes.

Well that's good, since this is a Knicks board and nobody has asked that you sexually entertain other men. Or is this just a defense mechanism you use when you can't argue a post well?

If KnicksChick wants some she can get it anyplace anytime but your stalkin b*tch ass is going on my ignore list

Stalking? LOL. You are very conceited if you think people on a message board actually want to stalk you. But go ahead and ignore me.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Correct, did you read my posts? He has to be traded, not extend and the resign during the offseason...
not really lol just saw the part about him losing money and assumed you were one of the doubters...but yea thats exactly what they said on tkb.

KBlack25

Starter
I did not go through the whole thread, so my point may have already been made, but this is the way I look at it.

When all is said and done, and his kids are in college and Paul is enjoying retired life...if he leaves 20 mil on the table to come play with Amare and Melo...will he think "Man, I wish I got that 20 million extra to play in New Orleans" or will he think "Man, I got the chance to do something really special and play in New York City with two other great players".

It's easy for me to say "He has 10s of millions, leaving 20 on the table in the long run means nothing", and I know maybe it's shortsighted/biased of me but CP3 has a real shot at a ten year window to play in NYC with two other superstars. Isn't that experience worth $20 million to a guy who will make many many millions on his career? CP3 will never hurt for money, just like LeBron, Wade and Bosh will never hurt for money. They are set, their kids are set, and their grandkids are set. They are here, they made it. And now he has a chance to do something special, and I hope (maybe irrationally) he realizes it.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I did not go through the whole thread, so my point may have already been made, but this is the way I look at it.

When all is said and done, and his kids are in college and Paul is enjoying retired life...if he leaves 20 mil on the table to come play with Amare and Melo...will he think "Man, I wish I got that 20 million extra to play in New Orleans" or will he think "Man, I got the chance to do something really special and play in New York City with two other great players".

It's easy for me to say "He has 10s of millions, leaving 20 on the table in the long run means nothing", and I know maybe it's shortsighted/biased of me but CP3 has a real shot at a ten year window to play in NYC with two other superstars. Isn't that experience worth $20 million to a guy who will make many many millions on his career? CP3 will never hurt for money, just like LeBron, Wade and Bosh will never hurt for money. They are set, their kids are set, and their grandkids are set. They are here, they made it. And now he has a chance to do something special, and I hope (maybe irrationally) he realizes it.

That's a great way to put it, and you're absolutely right.

However, if Melo wouldn't loosen his grasp on the money that was potentially his - or not his - why should Paul?

LeFlume

All Star
It's New York. Bright light, big city. Staying in New Orleans will cost him money in the long run. He will make so much more off the court by being a Knick. His market value will skyrocket in orange and blue. The people around him know that..he knows that...why you guys think he is so willing to go down in salary?..Being a Knicks = Cha-Ching :beer: